Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,367 members, 7,826,448 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Segun Gele Weds - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Segun Gele Weds (29687 Views)

Asa Wears Gele For The First Time (Photos) / Yemi Alade Rocks A Large Gele (photos) / Segun Arinze Of Now Vs Segun Arinze Of Before:How Time Flies(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Segun Gele Weds by aloyemeka1: 3:36pm On Jan 05, 2011
Sunday, January 2, 2011
[size=14pt]US BASED MAKEUP ARTIST, SEGUN GELE WEDS; REVEALS HOW HE FELL IN LOVE[/size]

US Based Makeup Artist and Gele(head gear) expert, Hakeem Oluwasegun Olaleye , a.k.a Segun Gele has made a name for himself in the United States of America as an expert in creating show-stopping headgear (gele) styles and beautiful makeover. He has made a living out of tying gele and has transformed hundreds of brides on their wedding day.

[img]http://4.bp..com/_GtuAjoRYkSA/TSDJHGe9yDI/AAAAAAAABHc/M1lS3EP9SQw/s320/segun%2Bgele%2B2.JPG[/img]

Segun Gele, who arrived in US from Nigeria in 2003, has successfully built his brand into a flourishing business and a household name. He is presently cleaning out big in America .He was recently on the American Cable News Network, CNN, which was fascinated by his exotic headgear and makeup. The latest gist about this talented makeup artist had to do with the matters of the heart. On Thursday December 23, 2010. Segun Gele walked down the aisle with his heartthrob, Morenike Oluwafunmilola Sotunde, a Customer Service Rep at the Bi-Courtney Aviation Services, MM2, Lagos.

The news of his wedding actually came as surprised to a lot of people, reason been that he has been very engrossed in his work and this year, had been a good one for him as he has been shuttling between UK and America, and even Nigeria as the demand for his work increased unprecedently. So it was surprising to a lot of people when he officially announced his wedding, a couple of weeks back. He arrived in the country, few weeks back to finalize the plans.
The marital rites commenced in the early hours of Thursday at the Bride’s residence in Surulere. This was followed by the holy solemnization at the African Bethlehem Church, Ebute Meta, Lagos.Guests were afterwards treated to an A-class reception at the University of Lagos (UNILAG) Staff School Hall, Lagos.
A lot of Segun friend’s based in America and UK all stormed Nigeria to witness the occasion.

When City People asked him how he met and fell in love with his wife, since he is based abroad and the wife, in Lagos, Nigeria, he responded thus “After my dad's burial in October last year, I came home for the 40days Fidau prayer which was in december and stayed back for Christmas during which I attended an Christmas gathering in Isolo where I met my wife Oluwafunmilola. And I will say ours was ordained by God as we both knew it was love at first sight. We both knew we would be getting married. Distance wasn't a barrier because we spoke everyday since Dec 25th of last year and never got tired on the phone. We became Best Friends.And since we had a clear vision of what we wanted, I introduced her to my family in Jan 2010 before going back to the USA; after which I accepted the offer to come co-ordinate a friends wedding in Feb 2010 where I proposed to her in the presence of her mum and my brothers.”

What are those qualities he dmired in her? Segun was asked “ The first thing that attracted me was her composure at the Christmas gathering; where other girls were flaunting themselves Funlola sat down quietly in one corner and only made logical contributions to the topic being discussed giving room to her elder brother to do most of the talking. My “Sugar”is quiet, respectful, humble, submissive and Content; what else would a man ask for?

[img]http://2.bp..com/_GtuAjoRYkSA/TSDJG-n47WI/AAAAAAAABHU/4Jtva2z5oBw/s320/segun%2Bgele%2B3.JPG[/img]

http://bebeakinboade..com/
Re: Segun Gele Weds by aloyemeka1: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2011
Re: Segun Gele Weds by tjskii(f): 6:53pm On Jan 05, 2011
hmm nice,but the guy fat sha tongue tongue
Re: Segun Gele Weds by tpia1: 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2011
photos of her gele plz.
Re: Segun Gele Weds by tpia1: 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2011
“ The first thing that attracted me was her composure at the Christmas gathering; where other girls were flaunting themselves Funlola sat down quietly in one corner

i thought some big mouth nlers constantly rain abuses on nigerian girls for doing just that?

ie not flaunting themselves?
Re: Segun Gele Weds by aloyemeka1: 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2011
I used to think that Segun gele is gay.Now I know I was wrong.
Re: Segun Gele Weds by mamagee3(f): 2:52am On Jan 06, 2011
aloy/emeka:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Segun Gele Weds by Nobody: 2:55am On Jan 06, 2011
tjskii:

hmm nice,but the guy fat sha tongue tongue
and ugly.

But I still respect his career choice. Me loff his geles cheesy
Re: Segun Gele Weds by aloyemeka1: 4:16am On Jan 06, 2011

he is kinda fruity for a guy. I still suspect he is downlow.
Re: Segun Gele Weds by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 06, 2011
Sorry, am just going to have to flood this thread with his marvelous art work. kiss

THE FOLLOWING PICTURES ARE NOT HIS WEDDING PICTURES!!

[img]http://2.bp..com/_Pq8ih6WPwsc/TClYoXSxWnI/AAAAAAAACPM/bYMAJmOAgaY/s400/head5.JPG[/img][img]http://3.bp..com/_VfdGlmUwjFQ/Sgq9a1pndqI/AAAAAAAAEiI/4AXYz-TL1RM/s320/headtie.png[/img][img]http://3.bp..com/_oV7itonSFtc/TEiBomBmf_I/AAAAAAAAAW8/ZCXNZTQHgjg/s400/head-jpeg.JPG[/img]
Re: Segun Gele Weds by Nobody: 5:13am On Jan 06, 2011
Re: Segun Gele Weds by Nobody: 5:16am On Jan 06, 2011

Re: Segun Gele Weds by kennylat: 6:22am On Jan 06, 2011
aloy/emeka:

How do you know he is not This guy is as gay as they come.

aloy/emeka:

he is kinda fruity for a guy. I still suspect he is downlow.

Me sef think so
Re: Segun Gele Weds by ifyalways(f): 9:01am On Jan 06, 2011
. . . May the honeymoon last forever.
Re: Segun Gele Weds by softgirl1: 9:06am On Jan 06, 2011
congrat but i guess it is love at money sight o cos this guy is hummmm i reserve my coment grin
Re: Segun Gele Weds by ifyalways(f): 9:26am On Jan 06, 2011
soft girl:

congrat but i guess it is love at money sight o cos this guy is hummmm i reserve my coment  grin
wrong guess.
Babe is gainfully employed . . .Segun said that for him and "sugar" twas love at first sight.
Deal with it.  kiss
Re: Segun Gele Weds by babyme1(f): 9:47am On Jan 06, 2011
Mmmmmm. . . how can one woman deal with all that flesh? undecided
Re: Segun Gele Weds by semid4lyfe(m): 9:54am On Jan 06, 2011
Nothing special about his geles and make-up IMO. Lots of peeps at Ikeja Under-bridge (and many other places) do better make-up and tie better gele.

The only thing he's got that they don't have is the packaging, publicity and exposure.
Re: Segun Gele Weds by 04kaa: 10:01am On Jan 06, 2011
who is dat ?
Re: Segun Gele Weds by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 06, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Me i still think he is, probably that is why he married a quiet submissive woman who leaves her elder brother to do the talking because she will not question any strange actions or behaviors but instead pray, fast, keep quiet and live in denial.? He may need to get married to make his family happy and shut up all d side talks and who better to marry than a woman who leaves her brother/ husband to do the talking for her while sitting quietley in a corner? Am no judge but my tiny oppinion

1 Like

Re: Segun Gele Weds by otitoju1: 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2011
aisha2:

Me i still think he is, probably that is why he married a quiet submissive woman who leaves her elder brother to do the talking because she will not question any strange actions or behaviors but instead pray, fast, keep quiet and live in denial.? He may need to get married to make his family happy and shut up all d side talks and who better to marry than a woman who leaves her brother/ husband to do the talking for her while sitting quietley in a corner? Am no judge but my tiny oppinion

you are no judge but the facts speak,  ofcourse gay men like segun gele will want a very submissive woman like the one i see that pic,  In his interview with city people he said

"where other girls were flaunting themselves Funlola sat down quietly in one corner and only made logical contributions to the topic being discussed giving room to her elder brother to do most of the talking. My “Sugar”is quiet, respectful, humble, submissive and Content; what else would a man ask for?"

I bet he will be soon be surprised to discover that the submissive bride is no fool at all.Lets fold our arms as the drama unfolds,
Re: Segun Gele Weds by tpia1: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2011
gosh can we just be happy for the couple.

haba.

he stated what he found attractive about his wife. Nothing wrong with that.

as per gele tying- he had a talent and he utilized it.

Re: Segun Gele Weds by tpia1: 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2011
how he got into the gele business [quoted from his website]

My passion for headtie started as a young inquisitive man always wanting to help my mum look good by any means or way. Like every other women she would always struggle and fight with her headties hours before we go to church on a Sunday; the outcome? Not too good so I’ll always try my best to help tie it on my head and fit it on my mama’s head which always looked better than whatever she earlier made and as a proud mother she would wear it to church. It got to a point where her headtie was a way to tell if I was home for the weekend from school because her headtie was exceptionally different.

Gele tying as a means of lively hood started April of 2003 in Atlanta GA at my friends wedding; standing at the car park waiting to get in the car I sighted this gorgeously dressed lady ( The Iya-Alaje of Atlanta) with a hat on her head and her headtie in her hands , I approached her asking to help her with it and she politely refused; I then told her to allow me tie it and if it does not come out good I’ll pay her $5 she said NO and challenged me to $7 if I do it at all! I got the $7 with lots of applauds from onlookers at the parking lot. She was happy and got lots of complements for looking extra-ordinarily good and I made my first $265 form tying gele at parties.
Re: Segun Gele Weds by babyme1(f): 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2011
His models are so plain looking lipsrsealed
Re: Segun Gele Weds by denzel2009: 3:31pm On Jan 06, 2011
So he is not gay afterall. Time will tell
Re: Segun Gele Weds by tpia1: 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2011
Me i still think he is, probably that is why he married a quiet submissive woman who leaves her elder brother to do the talking because she will not question any strange actions or behaviors but instead pray, fast, keep quiet and live in denial.? He may need to get married to make his family happy and shut up all d side talks and who better to marry than a woman who leaves her brother/ husband to do the talking for her while sitting quietley in a corner?

some people are quiet and gentle by nature.

it's their personality and that's just how they are.

nothing wrong with fasting and praying, btw. for whichever situation. As it is, more women [ and men] need to do that. It will be hard enough for her to handle the change in environment when she joins him, how much more both of them are newlyweds. So i'd say praying, fasting and learning to overlook things should be paramount.

He may need to get married to make his family happy and shut up all d side talks

there are lots of threads on nl from guys who say their mothers and families are pressuring them to settle down and get married.

it doesnt mean they are gay.

the man is 36.

about time he did.
Re: Segun Gele Weds by aloyemeka1: 10:56pm On Jan 06, 2011
denzel2009:

So he is not gay afterall. Time will tell

Which time? Unless you are ready to give it to him. wink wink wink
Re: Segun Gele Weds by Jenifa1: 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2011
lucky guy. i'm sure he enjoys his career.

there are many straight but effeminate men. that's ok. they probably even make the best husbands. lol
Re: Segun Gele Weds by tpia1: 12:43am On Jan 07, 2011
i had this friend in nigeria who could analyze any female from head to toe.

as per outfit, accessories, makeup, etc.

he wasnt gay but hung around females a lot due to the nature of his work.

hard to impress him sha.

the guy sef sabi talk pass woman.
Re: Segun Gele Weds by aloyemeka1: 5:19am On Jan 07, 2011
Jenifa_:

lucky guy. i'm sure he enjoys his career.

there are many straight but effeminate men. that's ok. they probably even make the best husbands. lol

You don't know for sure whether effeminate men are straight or in the closet, do you?. He could be gay but the circumstances around him will not let him come out of the closet. Coming out may also affect his business.
Re: Segun Gele Weds by ifyalways(f): 9:39am On Jan 07, 2011
aloy/emeka:

You don't know for sure whether effeminate men are straight or in the closet, do you?. He could be gay but the circumstances around him will not let him come out of the closet. Coming out may also affect his business.
Na wao for nld analysts.
Abeg wetin dey suggest that this guy "might" be bisexual for una eyes cos im not seeing it . . his profession,chubby looks or
Re: Segun Gele Weds by aloyemeka1: 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2011
ifyalways:

Na wao for nld analysts.
[b]Abeg wetin dey suggest that this guy "might" be bisexual for una eyes cos im not seeing i[/b]t . . his profession,chubby looks or 

See the picture below and you don't need a gaydar to identify he has flava for guys. And he is the recessive one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija Season 6 Finalists On The Cover Of ThisDay Style Magazine (Photos) / Osita Iheme Spotted With Gov Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State(pic) / Doris Simeon Stuns In Agbada For Movie Premiere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.