Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? (64626 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by craves(m): 9:45am On Apr 19, 2020
na all these kind questions dey make me dey vex

meanwhile...
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by jzamani(m): 9:45am On Apr 19, 2020
It's your choice man ,you don't need to ask any one , that's why God gave us th power of choice no one will force you if you don't give .

Nawa oh ,na everything you go bring come NL

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Fantazy(m): 9:45am On Apr 19, 2020
So they are sending money to some. Me never receive oh.

By the way, go and pay your tithe, that's an income
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by miketayo(m): 9:46am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?

2k will be too small for ur pastor.. give the 20k

6 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Karemarealty288(m): 9:46am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?

Beat the sheepie out of him..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by wolverine1987: 9:47am On Apr 19, 2020
Why should u bring such things to nairaland? If u decide to pay its ur belief no one else, if u dont believe in tithe dont pay no one is forcing u. Dont bring such personal matters here n b disturbing us if u pay it's on u if u dont pay its still on u. So do what u want oga

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by toxtimmy: 9:47am On Apr 19, 2020
KaptainAfrika:
No.

You are wise...so many few black person like you.... But so many mentally lazy black people when believe say when dem pay tithe dey can no go home chill for thier magic miracle to come.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by israelmao(m): 9:47am On Apr 19, 2020
Giving is between you and God,why should you bring up such on public domain?It shows that you have nothing to give but you only brought up this topic to throw mud on some men of God or churches.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by alexsoftwork(m): 9:48am On Apr 19, 2020
OnPointMan:

i don't normally do this but ... To slap you just dey hungry me.

Na the person wey ask the question be the biggest idiot.

Well, everything na scope, some yahoo pastors are on this forum.
Ur P.R.O BUSINESS NO TRY. YEYE
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Onucs(m): 9:48am On Apr 19, 2020
did your pastor tell you he is hungry? if you want to give(which is not wrong) why don't you look around you for a less privileged
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Afolabimills(m): 9:48am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

bro pls assist me no matter how little
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by pacificom: 9:49am On Apr 19, 2020
Stop dreaming in fools paradise.let them pay the money first.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Spectrum22: 9:49am On Apr 19, 2020
jmoore:

As usual evading the facts starring at his face.
Your pastor is not a levite. He is not a descendant of Levi.
Continue....

Your initial post was very long but I enjoyed every bit of it.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by genkins(m): 9:49am On Apr 19, 2020
Otuegbe:
ur knowledge of word of God is amazing. I love u bro
The Bible supports Giving to who? Pastors? Read Matt 25:31-46 check if ull see pastors there
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by ridbell01(m): 9:49am On Apr 19, 2020
Are you ok?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by kabarka(m): 9:50am On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
Big yes as it’s an income
It’s just 10%

Does This qualify as An income?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by sylve11: 9:50am On Apr 19, 2020
The so called Christians didn't know this thread was created just to mock their faith. grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by passey: 9:50am On Apr 19, 2020
NOOOO!
Don't waste your money on a Pastor who should be giving you but will gladly receive from the poorest of the poorest!

Take that 10% percent and give to someone who needs it and God will reward you abundantly for "practical Christianity"!
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by alexsoftwork(m): 9:51am On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:

You guys keep doing all you can on mess with tithing and have all the money to yourselves - God doesn't need your money so have it all
I and my family will tithe and support the work of God!

U are descendant of oduduwa,amadioha or whatever tribe u come from u are not a levi.
Pls read ur bible.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Unrated900(m): 9:52am On Apr 19, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Most of them are not Christians, they just post to drag the Church

You are very correct
That’s why I said to hell with him and his tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by toxtimmy: 9:52am On Apr 19, 2020
Miracle1991:
Where are the haters that says government did not pay anything

Which proof do you have that the op that posted this is genuine or just trying to make you feel good about his fart?

Honestly as far as I'm concerned the op is just a tool that got paid to spread fake news..

To conclude you are a f...ING maggot.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by alexsoftwork(m): 9:53am On Apr 19, 2020
terrezo2002:
Yes. If you desire more to come to you

So u want to give something, to get something?
Is that how ur Christianity/ God works
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Trynaija(m): 9:53am On Apr 19, 2020
Do you know that with 5G, Digital slap might be possible. undecided
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Vasgas: 9:54am On Apr 19, 2020
Jaynom:

Most Nigerian pastors Don't care if you're acceptable to God or not. They just want your money. They don't Care about your source. Tithing has been manipulated by preachers for decades because people don't know the truth about it. People don't study scripture to understand how tithing was done and who received what!
I careless about pastors nor preacher's. my tithes is to the God in obedience. I careless about how its is been use.
I believe everybody will be held accountable for his/her actions
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

Fiction
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Fuckgovt: 9:55am On Apr 19, 2020
Smh ��‍♂️
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 19, 2020
Fictional topic in order to bash Pastors on Sunday,!!
Very low Mentality!!!!
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by xpensivealex(m): 9:57am On Apr 19, 2020
madegreatbygrace:
It seems some don’t understand the message jmoore is passing across. He is not against giving to God to advance the kingdom, he is against tithing being taught in churches as a law.

Giving should be taught in churches as a principle and not as a law.

Is it wrong to pay tithe? Many have asked that question and my reply has always been; is it wrong to give?

The major difference is MOTIVE. Under the new covenant, we don’t give because we want to be blessed. We give because we are already blessed in Christ Jesus. We don’t give out of obligation but out of love. To think God blesses you because you pay tithe is missing the point big time. It’s like saying God contradicts Himself in Matthew 5:45 ;

“That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”
~‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:45‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So if God blesses unbelievers who don’t pay tithe, how much more His sons. The New Testament encourages us to give cheerfully and generously, and without compulsion.
God bless u dearly, let them hear.How many people in the new testament pay tithe, not even Jesus
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by jokabir: 9:57am On Apr 19, 2020
As you Like It
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by alexsoftwork(m): 9:57am On Apr 19, 2020
chijokz:

Exactly the same question I asked a friend who reached out to me last week for financial assistance to feed his family.
He said he attends a mega church in Lagos and had been paying tithes for many years but hasn't received any assistance from them yet despite reaching out.
I told him it makes no sense that his church has billions of Naira in their various bank accounts and some or majority of their members are suffering and in desperate need for help.
I also told him if he had saved 10% of his income for years in a savings account earning him interest, he would have tapped into that savings during this time to feed his family.
I later helped him and hoped he used it wisely.

Bro u no help am oo. U for no give maybr him eyes go open.
After this whole covid-19, he is still not going to learn.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by ThugBoy(m): 9:58am On Apr 19, 2020
Akunwafor:
How much did your church give you as lockdown stimulus?

Nice question bro
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by sonus(m): 9:58am On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
Big yes as it’s an income
It’s just 10%

I disagree! She didn't work for the money! More so if u have to give according to your believe, God would appreciate if u look around u to feed the hungry man. Dont bother to stress the church by taking it to them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Rebukes Church Of Satan On Twitter. The Church Fires Back / Chioma Ifemeludike: Apostle Suleman Addresses Congregation On Sex Scandal (Video / Ayodele’s New Prophesies - “boko Haram Won’t Be Defeated Now”; (SEE OTHERS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.