Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,695 members, 7,831,167 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? (64719 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by IMASTEX: 10:15am On Apr 19, 2020
rusher14:
Yes.

You can even give it all as first fruit.

Give and you would be blessed as you do so.

Gbam! After all the money is fully his to do what he likes. What is our own there. Every current "big" man of God gave a Volkswagen or 504 as seed before the unexpected choice rides came in. Though, none of them have repeated that method with a jet since that can be verified.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by merry101: 10:16am On Apr 19, 2020
OnPointMan:

i don't normally do this but ... To slap you just dey hungry me.
u funny die
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Mrpojj(m): 10:16am On Apr 19, 2020
Rozz:
Giving to your needy neighbor is same as tithe,it mustn't be in church

Tithing and giving to the needy are two different tyns
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by ignis: 10:17am On Apr 19, 2020
Please he should.... Very important
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by PotatoSalad(m): 10:18am On Apr 19, 2020
Pay the 20k na haba
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Mrpojj(m): 10:18am On Apr 19, 2020
chijokz:

Exactly the same question I asked a friend who reached out to me last week for financial assistance to feed his family.
He said he attends a mega church in Lagos and had been paying tithes for many years but hasn't received any assistance from them yet despite reaching out.
I told him it makes no sense that his church has billions of Naira in their various bank accounts and some or majority of their members are suffering and in desperate need for help.
I also told him if he had saved 10% of his income for years in a savings account earning him interest, he would have tapped into that savings during this time to feed his family.
I later helped him and hoped he used it wisely.

He could still pay tithe and still save 10% if he wants
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by JustAPhase(m): 10:18am On Apr 19, 2020
chijokz:

Exactly the same question I asked a friend who reached out to me last week for financial assistance to feed his family.
He said he attends a mega church in Lagos and had been paying tithes for many years but hasn't received any assistance from them yet despite reaching out.
I told him it makes no sense that his church has billions of Naira in their various bank accounts and some or majority of their members are suffering and in desperate need for help.
I also told him if he had saved 10% of his income for years in a savings account earning him interest, he would have tapped into that savings during this time to feed his family.
I later helped him and hoped he used it wisely.

Hope you helping arms isn't for friends alone?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by 3kay945(m): 10:18am On Apr 19, 2020
Here to read how delusional Africans are cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Frankalvine: 10:22am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?
I laf in Swahili
What u need z liberation

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by OdogwuHappyMan: 10:22am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?

Give all

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by bluebay(m): 10:22am On Apr 19, 2020
Take out 10% of that Money, pray on it and Give it to who so every needs it the Most...
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 19, 2020
Mrpojj:

Tithing and giving to the needy are two different tyns
how?please understand the meaning of tithe very well so you won't mix things up

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by jokerr(m): 10:23am On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:

First you must a relationship with the author of tithing - God.
He will explain himself to you and in every way you desire. He doesn't need your money o and he still doesn't instead he calls you to fellowship and obedience .

In summary to have a better understanding about tithing-ask Jesus into your life and he will teach you.
you sound soo delusional

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by RuddyFusion(m): 10:24am On Apr 19, 2020
Yes
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by ZooOga: 10:24am On Apr 19, 2020
op, u can donate 10% to someone needy within ur radius. God or da universe will increase your future blessings.

no need for 3rd party to touch money.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by phelonrays: 10:24am On Apr 19, 2020
[quote author=WonderGod post=88609477][/quote] pls……… is tithing part of giving
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by luluosas(m): 10:24am On Apr 19, 2020
Yes, but give it to the hungry around you. Cheers
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 19, 2020
Asquare84:
Pay your tithe to avoid locust and canker worm from eating your storage, in other words tithe may protect us against COVID-19

undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by CuteEmma(f): 10:26am On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
Big yes as it’s an income
It’s just 10%
It's not 10% of anything yhu get,, buh 10% of the profit..

In this case, No.. You are not supposed to pay tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by waynejesus: 10:26am On Apr 19, 2020
Give everything to church
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by jolyment: 10:27am On Apr 19, 2020
sapientia:
Tithe that saved no one from lockdown.

That's your own understanding.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by kareemkamil(m): 10:27am On Apr 19, 2020
Christian's followers with empty brain hen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Origin(f): 10:29am On Apr 19, 2020
I'm tired of responding.

I came for the comments

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by davidafia9(m): 10:29am On Apr 19, 2020
[quote author=madegreatbygrace post=88585499]It seems some don’t understand the message jmoore is passing across. He is not against giving to God to advance the kingdom, he is against tithing being taught in churches as a law.

Giving should be taught in churches as a principle and not as a law.

Is it wrong to pay tithe? Many have asked that question and my reply has always been; is it wrong to give?

The major difference is MOTIVE. Under the new covenant, we don’t give because we want to be blessed. We give because we are already blessed in Christ Jesus. We don’t give out of obligation but out of love. To think God blesses you because you pay tithe is missing the point big time. It’s like saying God contradicts Himself in Matthew 5:45 ;

“That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”
~‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:45‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So if God blesses unbelievers who don’t pay tithe, how much more His sons. The New Testament encourages us to give cheerfully and generously, and without compulsion. You legit

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by arherfish(m): 10:29am On Apr 19, 2020
OnPointMan:

i don't normally do this but ... To slap you just dey hungry me.
I feel like doing the same thing to him

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Lawbouy20(m): 10:31am On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
It’s just 10%
Don’t know why dem don brain wash your head like dis shocked

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by jokotus: 10:32am On Apr 19, 2020
God need your soul to be right with Him. Your holiness is much more important than your tithe. No matter how much you give to church if your relationship with God is not right hell fire straight. Whether paying it or not it doesn't matter.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by jolyment: 10:33am On Apr 19, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Christians are just too stupid

Ode
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Agadavaa: 10:33am On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
It’s just 10%

When will you be wise
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by EncourageMe: 10:33am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

Stop listening to your neighbors gist, na so you go dey carry their matter dey go na. Hope u do not listen to them when they are in the other room ooo. happy sunday, no vex say i dey tease you, na joke i dey but some truth come dey inside the joke shall.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Kaysalas(m): 10:33am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

Tithe is a tenth of our income ,not a tenth of anything else. what you got isnt income, so you are not mandated to pay a tenth of it. However, you can give a freewill offering of whatever amount you so desire. its up to you. wink wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Chioma Ifemeludike: Apostle Suleman Addresses Congregation On Sex Scandal (Video / What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.