Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? (64767 Views)

Enenche: Rice In My House Kept Increasing After My Wife Paid Tithe From It / Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Almunjid(m): 10:00am On Apr 19, 2020
No, u need the tithe more. Don't give ur money to pastors in the name of tithe. Identify some poor people in ur locality and give it to them.
Pastors will be against that because the main purpose of church these days is to indoctrinate and brainwash their congregation and collect tithes from them, it's now a business.

Peace!

4 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Erosion2020: 10:00am On Apr 19, 2020
Pay that N20k and go hungry...it is better you go hungry than ur pastor
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by festwiz(m): 10:01am On Apr 19, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
PLEASE DO.
JESUS NEEDS YOUR MONEY TO SUB HIS GOTV.
Ded! grin
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by eneh49(m): 10:02am On Apr 19, 2020
[quote author=jmoore post=88560443]
It was fiction with facts.
You ended up saying nothing like manipulators and victims of manipulation.

[/quoted""
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Mavrick2012: 10:03am On Apr 19, 2020
hahn:

Did you get your own N20k?

What state are you in?
Reside in kaduna.
Got nothing o,my brother.
The guy who got is an indegine.
Guess its only for their people
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by gbemishile: 10:04am On Apr 19, 2020
Àbí agbari n ta àwọn people yi ní?
Why are u people so sense with the issue of church tithe
Won shepe fun gbogbo yin ni?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Razaneli(m): 10:06am On Apr 19, 2020
How much is your eyes worth ?
How much did u give d creator b4 he gave you life ?

You start working/get a job and all of a sudden God needs 10% of your income!

The creator is not man and does not strike deal.

Give to the needy if you really want to do the will of God.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by josephbensonz94: 10:06am On Apr 19, 2020
��
The Church himself didn't show u d luv in sharing bt u did, remember my brother watever one does in d Church it didn't stnd btwn u n d Church alone bt that's is God u ar dealing wit 4 his propagational of his work n blessings shall never seize in upon u n ur entire household even ur vineyard all shall continue increasing n dominating in through Christ Jesus our Lord.

The simple aspect of it, we does all 2 God nt human glory....hve a nice day.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Mavrick2012: 10:06am On Apr 19, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:
Some of you just ask questions to drag the Church.

How did OP receive the 20k
Sir,stop reading only topic,read the body.
To drag the church?its ur opinion o,enjoy
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 19, 2020
It's not bad owing to the state of the nation. If you know the state of your pastor right now is horrible it's not bad reaching out to him and his family.
Members of your church are not excluded even your neighbours.
Please let's help people survive this trying time.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Sholaco: 10:07am On Apr 19, 2020
Pay ooo
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by scriptures01: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2020
In the Cain and Abel story, Cain's sacrifice was rejected because he sought the advise of satan on
whether or not to offer the sacrifice. satan told him to offer the sacrifice but as usual told him what to
do which then resulted in the sacrifice being rejected.
Morale of the story: Tithing (sacrifice) is a personal issue between you and God, the mere asking people's
opinion can end up in a rejected sacrifice. It's a personal matter between you and God, go to Him in prayer
and seek his will regarding your issue, you can also seek the guidance of your spiritual leader on that, but
not on a forum.
What did 90% of people here say NO, don't pay it. Will you pay it?
Hope you get my drift?

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by DonBenny77(m): 10:08am On Apr 19, 2020
Mumu question
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by princepalace: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2020
Tithe should always be paid from your earned resources. Palliative is defined as stimulus package and not earned, so, do not pay tithe from it, but u can use it to assist/help others in need
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Basher8583: 10:09am On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
Big yes as it’s an income
It’s just 10%

Was he paid for work done or investment made?
Money was a charity donation.
Please let's be guide and not fall victim to these religious robbers
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Johnchyz(m): 10:09am On Apr 19, 2020
You can as well give or help the poor ,yes you will pay your tithe who knows where GOD will start his judgement. Your neighbour brought a new point. kudos, and remember do that with CHRIST LIKE MIND.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by femi4: 10:09am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?
No, Tithe is from your harvest. Stimulus package is a gift. You don't tithe a gift
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by dazzlingd(m): 10:10am On Apr 19, 2020
The world is meant to be this way, not everyone should be wise, how will the wise ones make money...some people are meant to be kept foolish for the gains of others...

Keep paying tithes to men waiting for covid 19 to be over so they can start doing miracles

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by LaJoe2: 10:10am On Apr 19, 2020

When will Nigerians or even Africans ever learn. Under the New Testament dispensation, we are not under the law, of which Tithing is an Old Testament law, but under the New Testament, we are encouraged to give freely willingly and cheerfully (not under any form of pressure).

I don't pay Tithe, but I GIVE (it could be any amount I'm at peace with. Below, 10%, or above) not just to the Church if need be, but to the needy especially, and potentially to any respectable NGO that fights the same cause, and I do so not under compulsion, but as my Spirit leads and purposefully.

If Christ and his disciples are truly your models as believers and Tithe was so important, then they ought to have been biblical accounts of them paying Tithes for me to emulate, but yet there wasn't any record they paid Tithe, instead they gave to the needy believers, widows and they paid Taxes and charged us to do the same.

We ought to have grown past this Tithe issue by now

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by myrates: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2020
Give the 10% to the needy
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by jasmine1600: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2020
Paying tithe is gross stupidity for me.
How many pastors have reached out to their members in this lockdown?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by femi4: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2020
scriptures01:
In the Cain and Abel story, Cain's sacrifice was rejected because he sought the advise of satan on
whether or not to offer the sacrifice. satan told him to offer the sacrifice but as usual told him what to
do which then resulted in the sacrifice being rejected.
Morale of the story: Tithing (sacrifice) is a personal issue between you and God, the mere asking people's
opinion can end up in a rejected sacrifice. It's a personal matter between you and God, go to Him in prayer
and seek his will regarding your issue, you can also seek the guidance of your spiritual leader on that, but
not on a forum.
What did 90% of people here say NO, don't pay it. Will you pay it?
Hope you get my drift?
Tithing is not sacrifice, so using cain and Abel as a case study is over the bar

Bringing sacrifices unto the Lord can be done anytime and everytime
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by WonderGod(m): 10:12am On Apr 19, 2020
[quote to author=phelonrays post=88552662]wow cheesy what a sarcastic reply [/quote

See, there is nothing that bring supernatural favour like giving.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Sultty(m): 10:12am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?
So u people were still able to get stimulus package from this dead govt

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Jaynom(m): 10:13am On Apr 19, 2020
Vasgas:

I careless about pastors nor preacher's. my tithes is to the God in obedience. I careless about how its is been use.
I believe everybody will be held accountable for his/her actions
Great! Then be accountable! Tithe the way God instructed you to tithe. Start with Deuteronomy 12 to gain insight. Then study Deuteronomy 14:22 to the end to see how it is done. Then end with Deuteronomy 26 focus on verse 12 to the end! you will realize a pattern. A pattern that is spread throughout other books in the old and new testaments. you are to give to the needy non of our pastors are from the tribe of Levi. Be accountable. Follow instructions and give your Tithes to the needy. Study o! Study your Bible

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Stillthebest: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2020
kiss

Did the church you plan to give it remember you this period by giving you some of what you have given over the years as tithes ?

Tithes as Bible placed it was meant to be distributed among the poor and needy, the servants of God who don't have and the Levites.

To me, anyone who waits on the federal Govt 20k palliative is poor!
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by EmekaBlue(m): 10:13am On Apr 19, 2020
Abeg send am quickly
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by IMASTEX: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2020
rusher14:
Yes.

You can even give it all as first fruit.

Give and you would be blessed as you do so.

Gbam! After all the money is fully his to do what he likes. What is our own there. Every current "big" man of God gave a Volkswagen or 504 as seed before the unexpected choice rides came in. Though, none of them have repeated that method with a jet since that can be verifiable.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Ugwumagala: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2020
Yes
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by IMASTEX: 10:14am On Apr 19, 2020
rusher14:
Yes.

You can even give it all as first fruit.

Give and you would be blessed as you do so.

Gbam! After all the money is fully his to do what he likes. What is our own there. Every current "big" man of God gave a Volkswagen or 504 as seed before the unexpected choice rides came in. Though, none of them have repeated that method with a jet since that can be verified.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Bahamas95(m): 10:14am On Apr 19, 2020
Pay which tithe?
Nor be my money pastor go take buy suit, tufiakwa!
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Vasgas: 10:14am On Apr 19, 2020
Jaynom:
Great! Then be accountable! Tithe the way God instructed you to tithe. Start with Deuteronomy 12 to gain insight. Then study Deuteronomy 14:22 to the end to see how it is done. Then end with Deuteronomy 26 focus on verse 12 to the end! you will realize a pattern. A pattern that is spread throughout other books in the old and new testaments. you are to give to the needy non of our pastors are from the tribe of Levi. Be accountable. Follow instructions and give your Tithes to the needy. Study o! Study your Bible
okay
happy Sunday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Men Of God Whose Prophecies Failed In The Year 2016 / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% / Nigerian Pastor In America Surprises His Wife On Her 50th Birthday (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.