Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa (12738 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Deputy Vice-Chancellor, His Son And 4 Die In Lagos/Ibadan Accident / Our Experience At Nigerian High Commission London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Dantecmu(m): 3:57am On Jan 12, 2011
@thebaft
Nuring do you but you need to understand the way the Canadian visiting visa works its a 1year visit visa it starts to read when ur stamped into the country remember the duration of time on your visa is the period you are allowed to live the country have fun ma broderman nurin do you carry money o, i fink sometimes the Canadian dollars is even higher the the US dollars, those embassy pple funny self why them go give person 1year single entry, anyways have fun

ciao
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by thebaft: 7:38am On Jan 12, 2011
@ Dantecmu,

You are quite right. One Canadian Dollar is equivalent to about 1.012 United States Dollars. I was given multiple entry not single. That is why my neighbours were asking me this morning why I was shouting all night and didn't allow them to sleep. grin One more question, please how did you buy your Canadian Currency. Most banks only sell the BIG THREE , USD, GBP and EUR. Can I buy USD and take them into Canada, or I must get Canadian dollars by all means, Thanks once again.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Dantecmu(m): 1:33pm On Jan 12, 2011
Thebaft. I doubt if you would see any bank that sells caanadian dollars I went with USdollars just that anytime you buy stuffs dey would wanna assume ur spending canadian dollars so dey woould give you back your chenge in canadian dollars I experienced this so many times in toronto. You got a multiple I guess that's what yoou paid for I paid for single entry and got a sixmonths visa. Bur Guy no shaking come have fun ok if u gat aany other questions let me know,
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by dancewith: 3:29pm On Jan 12, 2011
Dantecmu:

Thebaft. I doubt if you would see any bank that sells caanadian dollars I went with USdollars just that anytime you buy stuffs dey would wanna assume your spending canadian dollars so dey woould give you back your chenge in canadian dollars I experienced this so many times in toronto. You got a multiple I guess that's what yoou paid for I paid for single entry and got a sixmonths visa. Bur Guy no shaking come have fun ok if u gat aany other questions let me know,

Canadian dollar is slightly above the USD now but it has not been so for a long time. But don't cross your fingers yet, they will still exchange your greenbacks for a lot less than the actual rate. Right now one USD is about One Canadian (about 0.99 Canadian cent) but Canadian banks will probably give you $97 CAD for your 100USD. Thats the way they work.

Most shops will insist you change to CAD dollars. Any Canadian bank will do that for you as would the exchange shops
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by thebaft: 1:27am On Jan 13, 2011
@ dancewith,

Thanks for your contributions

@dantecmu,

I noticed that you crossed over to the US from Toronto. Did you do that by air or by road/rail? If by road/rail, what was your experience like with the Border Guards?
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Dantecmu(m): 3:45am On Jan 13, 2011
Thebaft
i entered by road remember i earlier wrote i left Toronto for windsor windosr is a little town in Canada mostly a student town university of windsor , and its about 5mint drive to Detroit Michigan infact you would be the highlands of detroit from windsor , so we normally go clubing to detroit and come back to windsor in the morning or whenever we are done like i said its 5mints drive from windsor you can even walk if you dont mind,

immigra for Detroit border

Them take style harsh from werin i hear bur i didn't experience anyfing much of a big deal normal questions, what are you guys gonna do in the US , How long would you be in the US, Who owns the car ur driving, normal questions you show them your yankyy visa and i94 and u enter simple, bur i hear say sometimes there head they torch like some of ma boys in windsor the tell me say dem bounce them 1 time cus dem sag there jeans or something bur nuring much mennn all na jaye enjoyment no time,

Na even when we dey drive back to Canada em Canadian borders they try do any how rem i told you its a single entry i had, but that didnt apply because i was driving in and out but i couldn't have used it multiple times if i wasn't driving thats if i had to fly into america ,

ciao
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by kisibo: 11:23am On Jan 13, 2011
Congrat my man , abeg what are the requirement for visiting visa to canada?
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by dadaja2004: 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2011
Congrat Guy.
Please send me an example of the items summitted. It could help me as well. Congrat once again. dadaja2004@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by kisibo: 3:02pm On Jan 13, 2011
dadaja2004:

Congrat Guy.
Please send me an example of the items summitted. It could help me as well. Congrat once again. dadaja2004@yahoo.co.uk

I also need a copy of the item summited  bigpopaben@yahoo.com       thanks
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by johnolas: 3:41pm On Jan 13, 2011
@ thebaft.

thanks alot for ur mail & have a lovely trip ,

@ dantecmu.
pls do add me up on yahoo messenger johnolas@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by johnolas: 3:42pm On Jan 13, 2011
@ dadaja2004 , @ kisibo . i will do that for you on behave of thebaft . He sent me the sample list.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by kisibo: 8:25pm On Jan 13, 2011
johnolas:

@ dadaja2004 , @ kisibo . i will do that for you on behave of thebaft . He sent me the sample list.

Thanks man i got it and replied, i will be waiting to hear from you soon.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by zippie5(m): 8:42pm On Jan 13, 2011
@ thebaft kindly forward d comprehensive list to my box zippie5@yahoo.com. im due to put in my application next month. thank you
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by usewisdom: 12:38am On Jan 16, 2011
thebaft,
i'm expecting the list?
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by usewisdom: 12:42am On Jan 16, 2011
thebaft,
Congrat.
I'm expecting the list too. May be i will join u in Canada and sile like obasanjo too. grin grin
Pls send it to      oladeleelvis@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Osama10(m): 2:18am On Jan 16, 2011
Nice thread.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by menaxe: 3:26am On Jan 16, 2011
@the baft, congrats my man!! Pls forward the details to me too to ma mail pariscoagency@gmail.com. Or better still, anybody with the forwarded detail can help. One love!!
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by airmark(m): 11:35pm On Jan 17, 2011
@thebaft thanks for the email. i may come on vacation soonest. wish you the best
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by thebaft: 4:10am On Jan 18, 2011
@ Airmark,
You're welcome.

@Dantecmu,
Bros , I still get some questions oh! Abeg no vex!
1. Were you allowed to drive with your Naija Driver's Licence, or did you get any special driving permit when you arrived at Canada?
2. Were you allowed to hire a car in Canada and drive it across to the US, or were you using a friend's car?
3. How many days were granted on your 1-94 every time you crossed the Canadian Border into the US?

Thanks man!
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Delta007(m): 4:26am On Jan 18, 2011
1. You can use your Nigerian license to rent a car. You'd need a credit card in your name and depending on the rental period and company, they'd hold some money on your card. It could range between $200 and up. Most car rentals will charge extra if you take the vehicle into the US. Make sure you insure the vehicle, unless you have some 3rd party insurance that covers the rental.
2. You can use a rental into the US.
3. Depends on the border agent. You could be given up to 6mths. Also, note that the agents can also turn you back at the border; you visa does not guarantee you entry.

Goodluck!
thebaft:

@ Airmark,
You're welcome.

@Dantecmu,
Bros , I still get some questions oh! Abeg no vex!
1. Were you allowed to drive with your Naija Driver's Licence, or did you get any special driving permit when you arrived at Canada?
2. Were you allowed to hire a car in Canada and drive it across to the US, or were you using a friend's car?
3. How many days were granted on your 1-94 every time you crossed the Canadian Border into the US?

Thanks man!
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by thebaft: 6:00am On Jan 18, 2011
@ Delta007,

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by johnolas: 12:26pm On Jan 19, 2011
@ delta007 . Pls kindly add me up on yahoo IM johnolas@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Dantecmu(m): 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2011
Delta007:

1. You can use your Nigerian license to rent a car. You'd need a credit card in your name and depending on the rental period and company, they'd hold some money on your card. It could range between $200 and up. Most car rentals will charge extra if you take the vehicle into the US. Make sure you insure the vehicle, unless you have some 3rd party insurance that covers the rental.
2. You can use a rental into the US.
3. Depends on the border agent. You could be given up to 6mths. Also, note that the agents can also turn you back at the border; you visa does not guarantee you entry.

Goodluck!

Delta07
well said , was given 6months on my i-94, probability of em turning you back is like a 50-50 chance if you dont give a reasonable reason for wanting to enter the US, bur note that you are granted the i-94 once and u can use it until you are ready to leave Canada and then you can go return it its not like every time you are driving in your giving a new i-94
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by thebaft: 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2011
@ Dantecmu,

Thank you very much! That was some useful info you just gave me there! Take care, my brother!
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by kurungu: 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2011
@ Dantecmu,
Good info,kindly inbox me the list of docs and any other relevants stuff. aloy21ng@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by cophild: 1:11am On Jan 21, 2011
this is like the beat thread i ve seen on travel, Wish sth like this cld b created for a US Visit Visa
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 21, 2011
@johnolas : bros could you pls forward to me the complete list, i will really appreciate it,. I intend applying very soon and I need to get a guideline. My email address is free_2speak2u@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by johnolas: 9:50am On Jan 21, 2011
@ ogugua1. do check ur email.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by dappyboy: 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2011
Please i will also want u guys to forward the supporting documents lists to me dapolatuns@yahoo.com I need it urgently. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by canlor: 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2011
please house can somebody provide me details of what specific documents to show ties to my country.
i applied for a visitors visa to canada on a training program and i was told i have been refused based on insufficient ties to my country of residence/citizenship.
what then do i need to show ties to both countries of residence and citizenship.
i am a masters degree student north cyprus.thanks folks.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by usewisdom: 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2011
Family ties: Your marriage certificate, any child birth cert, wedding pic, family pic, landed properties, (Ties) investments, etc.
Re: Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa by peace5050: 9:14pm On Apr 17, 2011
@ thebaft. 
congrats men, u must be having a nice time in  canada now , anyways i  just wanted  you  to share in details your experience  of applying for Temporary Resident Visa, i mean what exactly  are the documents submitted,  and any  challenges. please feel free  to  mail me on juwon7765@yahoo.co.uk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sani Aliyu: Travellers Must Bear Full Costs Of COVID-19 Tests / Your Top 5 Countries To Migrate Too / Air Peace To Fly Dubai, London, Other Routes In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.