Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,619 members, 7,827,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole (23906 Views)

We Can't Flog Those Who Came To Abba Kyari's Burial - Garba Shehu / Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death / Living In Fear Of Abba Kyari By Tunji Ajibade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by semyman: 4:43am On Apr 20, 2020
Farewell, My Friend and Authentic Comrade

By Comrade Adams Oshiomhole

There are two most important dates in a man’s life. Other than the day he was born, according to Mark Twain, the other day is the day he discovers why he was born.

Doubtless, Mallam Abba Kyari realised his own purpose early enough: a conscientious pursuit of common good without seeking personal glory.

My first encounter with him was not in the corridors of power in Abuja, but in a very humble environment back in 1973.

In the last five years of the Buhari presidency, Mallam Kyari surely meant different things to different folks as the Chief of Staff.
Perhaps the popular perception is that he was the embodiment of loyalty to President Muhammadu Buhari and an abiding patriotism to Nigeria.

But to confine his profile to his last official address is to miss the full height of the essential Abba Kyari and lose the broader picture of a life devoted entirely to fighting for the under-privileged, even though quietly.
Indeed, those who knew him would never begrudge him; those who resented him had obviously never the chance of truly knowing him.

I say this with the authority of one whose intimate association with him dates back to the days of Zamfara Textile in Kaduna.
I will illustrate with a few anecdotes.
Way back in 1973, we had found ourselves in opposing sides of the isle at Zamfara Textile in Kaduna: I was the leader of the workers union while he represented the management as Admin Officer.

But in the many brushes the union had with the management, Abba Kyari showed a true character as a conscientious man, a true Nigerian patriot, by never failing to side with workers on the core issues of human dignity and fairness. Following our protest, he was the lone voice at the management meeting who spoke against the operation of two classes of canteen by the company. He was not afraid to state that having a uniform canteen for both management staff and junior workers was the only way to convince the junior workers that their meal was not inferior.

Similarly, even though he was supposed to be on the side of the “oppressor”, Abba Kyari persuaded the management to incur extra costs by issuing all factory workers two pairs of personal protective uniform and safety boots.

The amazing thing was that, in pushing our case with management every time, Abba Kyari never sought to be seen or worshipped as a “hero”.
For him, advocating for social justice was not a favor, but a duty.

Again, when nobody believed in the chances of then General Buhari ever upstaging the behemoth PDP, Abba Kyari’s faith was unshaken.
I recall he was the one that first approached me in 2002 as the National President of Nigeria Labour Congress to sell Buhari’s candidacy to the labour movement. He invested his personal resources, energy and wide contacts in the business world in the project.

To say he shared President Buhari’s passion for a Nigeria that works for the vast majority as against the interest of a buccaneering elite is an understatement. It is partly the reason that Abba Kyari was never the darling of those used to gaming the system and their collaborators in western capitals.

That natural instinct to fight for the downtrodden was very much on display in 2016 when the Buhari administration was barely a year in office and the nation found herself in economic recession inflicted by the mismanagement of the economy by the previous administration.
I was still Edo Governor then. I recall that Abba Kyari, just like President Buhari, was quite stubborn in opposing the devaluation of naira. Just as they were averse to the removal of petrol subsidy. In several official meetings we had then in Abuja, you could always see the sadness on their faces when the matter came up and when the decision became inevitable. They were unhappy that such policies would hurt the vulnerable and erode the purchasing power of ordinary Nigerians.

Abba Kyari was not only loyal to President Buhari, he was also faithful to friends through thick and thin. His sense of humour was phenomenal. I recall that whenever we met and I complained that the stress of running the office of National Chairman was such that I had little time to socialize with old friends like him, he would tease by saying, “If a young man like you is complaining of stress as ordinary National Chairman of a party, I wonder what you expect someone like President Buhari who is running the entire country at his age and with all he has been through since the 60s and is still making sacrifices today, to say.”

In summary, there is no doubt that President Buhari has lost a dependable lieutenant and a close ideological disciple. Words cannot express our grief at this hour. But compatriots, we are comforted that Abba Kyari was a man of stellar character, a workhorse who toiled day and night to advance President Buhari’s vision, a luminous torchbearer for the progressives’ community and a committed advocate of the downtrodden who fought for them quietly without seeking personal glory.

The verdict of history will surely be kinder to him than the one borne out of whatever might be the reading or misunderstanding of his contemporary role in some quarters.

May Allah grant him peaceful repose and comfort his family and Mr. President over this great loss.

Farewell, my authentic comrade.

Signed:

Comrade Adams Aliu Oshiomhole, mni, CON
Chairman, All Progressives Party.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by IlovePMB: 4:44am On Apr 20, 2020
The monkey has finally spoken. Na today he hear say him die.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by Jostoman: 5:14am On Apr 20, 2020
When you don't see oshiomole in the news for one or two weeks just know that he is doing something underground

8 Likes

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by omoolorire(m): 5:24am On Apr 20, 2020
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by Maxymilliano(m): 5:38am On Apr 20, 2020
Where is Adams Oshiomole ?

5 Likes

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:36am On Apr 20, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by romoruyi(m): 7:36am On Apr 20, 2020
Hmmmmm...

1 Like

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by brandon2009: 7:37am On Apr 20, 2020
RIP to Abba kyari...

4 Likes

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by LuQuLuQu(m): 7:38am On Apr 20, 2020
All these una long famzing epistle unto wetin na?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by Blossomfirst(f): 7:38am On Apr 20, 2020
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 20, 2020
RIP Abba Kyari. I am still confused at why people are rejoicing over his death. We know the people that he is blocking from wielding powers and succeeding Buhari in 2023. These are people that are actually rejoicing and trying to change the narrative that we are rejoicing. I hope the family and the families of other Nigerians that have died of Coronavirus find the fortitude to bear their losses.

16 Likes

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by ayodaisi: 7:38am On Apr 20, 2020
Adams Don relegated by covid-419 Governor
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by centilad(m): 7:39am On Apr 20, 2020
Okay

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by evansjeff(m): 7:39am On Apr 20, 2020
God bless you sir. Who else noticed that all through out his time in the presidency, Abba Kyari never granted any interviews? He never talked to the press for once. He didn’t bother denying all the lies against him. It’s obvious this man had a good heart and was hated for nothing by people who knew nothing about him.

Now before you quote, sit down and think about it, ask yourself, Apart from the stories I read on social media, what really did Abba Kyari do to me personally?

Meanwhile...

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by 1stola: 7:39am On Apr 20, 2020
Be doing stupîd farewell there .

There's no worthy hospital in the whole of Abuja, he had to be brought to Lagos for treatment shocked shocked shocked

You see how useless you people are?

You won't use your salary or personal money for any project, yet you can not manage the abundant resources we have well. Greed, wickedness, selfishness and carelessness has consumed all of you.

Senile Bastąrds!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by Kadejo(m): 7:39am On Apr 20, 2020
Ok
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by kalvoken(m): 7:40am On Apr 20, 2020
Why are we this hypocritical in nature?

Someone who when he was alive stocked up the resources meant for we all, for his personal and family use. He neglected us all as if we are nobody, he even had to host his birthday party in abroad so that those who que under the sun/rain to vote them won't benefit in whatsoever way.

Then he dies and you want me, as hungry as I am, to start crying and mourning and drain off the little blood in me with sadness. How many of them polithiefcians mourn the death of commoner? So if femi adishina or Lai Mohammed should die today, you would expect me to mourn too?

Keep fooling yourself

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by Basilpearck(m): 7:40am On Apr 20, 2020
Let them mourn the death, the figure we have been seen since how many of them are celebrated.

1 Like

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by CliffDike(m): 7:40am On Apr 20, 2020
Mallam Abba Kyari was a good man!

He was misconstrued, misquoted, misjudged and crucified for no fault of his!

Only Posterity will remember him for good!

He was an unsung HERO and an Epitome of unalloyed Loyalty!

Rest in peace Mallam!
You did your best possible for your fatherland!
We will NEVER forget!

6 Likes

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:40am On Apr 20, 2020
He was a good man.
He lived a good man.

RIP BABA ABBA.

He died in active service for our darling nation. [/b]
"May Almighty Allah dwell him in Jannatul Firdaus.”

To use one of us @[/b] (Hajia Fathia) arabic language we will say.....

[b]Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un
(Arabic: إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ‎.
'Indeed, to Allah we belong and to Allah we shall return')

Sluacoast:
Your comments are always on point MANNA
Thanks sir.
We only make sense to sensible, honest and good people,
but to some pessimistic souls and enemies of the country, who are always bitter in misery,
we never make sense!
Meanwhile, Let us all Keep safe.

More on Baba Abba below......
https://www.nairaland.com/5804693/abba-kyari-man-told-us

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by johnjay4u2u(m): 7:40am On Apr 20, 2020
can we start discussing productive matters?
the man is gone.

How much is one ventilator?
Why can't every general hospital have at least 2?
When will the constitution on power generation be amended and states be allowed to generate power without sending to national grid.

When will every state be made to generate funds to fund their budgets. our "oyel" will soon be useless.
What do we need to do to pay off our debts to nations and start lending to others too?

So many things to do and all they do is releasing press condolences.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by yosiakins(m): 7:41am On Apr 20, 2020
For your Architectural designs, contact archipixelz Architectural Designer's on 09067058240, 08087091292 and archipixelz@yahoo.com

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 20, 2020
thirst for power and dominance led him to the grave.

buhari lifelessness left a vacuum of leadership and Abba filled that vacuum with his greed

3 Likes

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by kennosklint(m): 7:41am On Apr 20, 2020
This one Oshiomole has been mute for some weeks now hope he is not battling Covid_19... there is no gra gra in grave o, life na jeje

1 Like

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by Dukeolumidemans(m): 7:41am On Apr 20, 2020
To be frank with u Nigerians are not happy at all. This whole scam is gradually coming to an end...because sooner than later, the same people they steal from and oppress will revolt against the system... grin grin grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by ignis: 7:42am On Apr 20, 2020
After 3 days... These guys should allow Abba Kyari's soul to rest in peace.
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by Fosterica(m): 7:42am On Apr 20, 2020
I don tire for all this kyari stuff...y can't we channel it to our leaders of tomorrow being killed by security operatives

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by dejonathan(f): 7:42am On Apr 20, 2020
Am beginning to change my misconception about Abba kyari...Not cos of what oshiomole said(e too dey lie),but cos none of those saying bad things about him really knows him...
We're only judging him from hearsays

5 Likes

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by nairavsdollars(f): 7:43am On Apr 20, 2020
Oshiomhole day just break?
Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by InvertedHammer: 7:43am On Apr 20, 2020
/
Nice try!

Put a lipstick on a pig; it is still a pig.

Everything evil said about Abba was said when he was alive. He heard it. Buhari heard it. Aso Rock hustlers also heard it. It even came from the First Lady as well. It is pointless trying to rewrite history.

/

8 Likes

Re: Farewell To Abba Kyari By Adams Oshiomhole by sylve11: 7:44am On Apr 20, 2020
Okay.

Next, please... cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rabe Abubakar, Spokesperson Of The Defence Headquarters / Kperogi Farook Rubbishes Buhari's Integrity - Indicts Him / Akpabio: I Never Asked Where God Was When I Made Emmanuel Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.