Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,732 members, 7,831,335 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (944572 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lordkross(m): 7:26am On Feb 15, 2022
Newsolutions:

The DS160 confirmation page, passport, GTB receipt for visa payment, Two passport photo

Accommodation or hotel booking
Bank statement
Employment Letter or Business Registration
Introduction Letter from Employee
Any other documents to support your application

Truth is that American don't trust our documents and know how to investigate Employment status and bank statement but an Igbo proverbs says come prepared to avoid had I know. Goodluck

Thank you very much for this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oab1: 7:29am On Feb 15, 2022
Simple answer is NO.
Someone mentioned he got his passport back within a week.
Goodluck!
tshtsh:
On this processing time thing. Does it really take 2 Months ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 7:45am On Feb 15, 2022
If there's any evidence of a 'leave of absence' approved by her current employers...it can be a justification for this line of questioning...

fkj950ax:

How will wife remain employed if she is going with husband to the US doing his MBA?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Transporter52: 8:49am On Feb 15, 2022
Good morning fam. These are documents needed for business.
What are additional documents needed for tourist visa?
Thank you

Newsolutions:

The DS160 confirmation page, passport, GTB receipt for visa payment, Two passport photo

Accommodation or hotel booking
Bank statement
Employment Letter or Business Registration
Introduction Letter from Employee
Any other documents to support your application

Truth is that American don't trust our documents and know how to investigate Employment status and bank statement but an Igbo proverbs says come prepared to avoid had I know. Goodluck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 8:54am On Feb 15, 2022
You people's knack for documents sef. No documents are required...prepare for an oral interview...justify the need for your trip. Why vacation in the US? Why not UK, Dubai or other tourist locations in Nigeria and Africa? Convince the VO that you aren't a potential migrant...Dat's all...

Transporter52:
Good morning fam. These are documents needed for business.
What are additional documents needed for tourist visa?
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by obojememe: 8:59am On Feb 15, 2022
fkj950ax:

I pointed out a possible question you guys could be asked.
ok, thanks for your input

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Transporter52: 10:45am On Feb 15, 2022
Okay. Thank you so much. One love

Dampops:
You people's knack for documents sef. No documents are required...prepare for an oral interview...justify the need for your trip. Why vacation in the US? Why not UK, Dubai or other tourist locations in Nigeria and Africa? Convince the VO that you aren't a potential migrant...Dat's all...

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LadyCaplin: 11:04am On Feb 15, 2022
Hello People...

Any update on IW appointment dates?
As at 10.50am today, there were no dates o!

It is well!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Fawaz12345: 11:07am On Feb 15, 2022
Do you know anyone that changed status from b1/b2 visa to F1 In america?
That did it successful
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Fawaz12345: 11:14am On Feb 15, 2022
fekeoshomoshi:

What time did you get the booking for IW on 10th of February? Did you submit your DS160 before you were able to book appointment? I have been searching for date but not able to get any, always appointment currently not available. Please what did you do differently? Please help me, by March 1st, I will no longer be qualify for IW because it will be 24months that my Visa expire. Thank you.
I got the appointment with the help of those agent at the embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NanaF: 11:21am On Feb 15, 2022
Fawaz12345:

I think this is a part of the problem and I wonder how these agents are able to still get dates with all the restrictions put in place.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Aliab(m): 11:23am On Feb 15, 2022
Registering as a new user on CGI website is frustrating these days

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Aliab(m): 11:25am On Feb 15, 2022
Transporter52:
Call the embassy and it will be done manually from their end

What number can I call the embassy on?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NanaF: 11:32am On Feb 15, 2022
Aliab:

What number can I call the embassy on?

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nikanne: 11:33am On Feb 15, 2022
Aliab:
Registering as a new user on CGI website is frustrating these days
You can send an email and get a response in less than 5 mins support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oab1: 11:36am On Feb 15, 2022
Are you referring to agents that help with IW dates or which touts are you referring to? Why do you warn against them? Just want to know if something happened you can share with us
Dampops:
Just dropped my documents (IW) at the consulate about 6 minutes ago…I was scheduled for 6.45am… process was smooth…please ignore the touts…I repeat, ignore the touts. Ask all your questions here…

Good luck to everyone.

@trotter…hope you’re almost done

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LadyCaplin: 11:40am On Feb 15, 2022
Mehn, I wonder how they do it? Are they using a different browser or what precisely? God dey o! If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay to secure a date? Thanks
NanaF:

I think this is a part of the problem and I wonder how these agents are able to still get dates with all the restrictions put in place.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fekeoshomoshi: 12:00pm On Feb 15, 2022
Please, can you link me with the person that got the IW appointment date for you?

Fawaz12345:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2022
No, the touts at the car park.
Let me share my experience yesterday. The guy approached me immediately i alighted and asked if i had all the documents with me. I, of course, ignored him. He then became a nuisance and followed me about listing the documents...I'll quote him "you need the following documents, DS160 page, visa receipt, passport, 2 passport photos, coloured photocopies of DS160 and datapage of passport. It's coloured copies they are collecting o. Let them not send you back.".
I knew the Consulate wasn't insisting on coloured photocopies...but i didn't make a copy of my datapage and that gave me a concern. So i asked him of the cost of making a photocopy...he replied "N1,000 for coloured and N700 for black and white per page". Since i was submitting for myself, wife and kids...i felt it was waste of money paying N4k for just 4 copies...He kept shouting "they will send you back o...you will have to get another appointment". I screamed back at him "back to sender"...lol

Alas, no one asked for either coloured copies or even a copy of the datapage when i got in to submit....

Let's ask all our questions here...i'll rather sound stupid here and get an answer than rely on an agent or a tout who is just after personal gains...

oab1:
Are you referring to agents that help with IW dates or which touts are you referring to? Why do you warn against them? Just want to know if something happened you can share with us

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pavoda: 12:53pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hi Nairalanders,

Been following this page, it's been indeed helpful for my B1/B2 visa interview, which held last friday. I have an issue, which I wish to know if anyone has encountered.

I was given a white paper, after my visa interview which i attended as a family with my Mum. The VO informed us that our application had been approved and we should expect to pick up the passport in abuja in a few days.

Subsequently i received an email with a notice to collect my mums Passport at DHL but did not get any notice email for mine.I decide to check the visa status of both mine and mum. Her visa status is ISSUED but mine says Administrative Processing, Last updated a day after the successful interview.

This is not my first US visa, but its the first time i have encountered this issue. Please, what does this mean? Does it mean the decision has changed from the Interview, Do I still have a chance? Or is it a denial?

For the interview, the transcript is as follows:

VO: Good morning and please pass me your passport .

Me/Mum: Good morning (Hands over docs).

VO: Takes Biometrics for Both of Us.

VO: I can see you are The Mum.

Mum: Yes sir.

VO: She is your Mum
Me: Yes Please,

VO: Where do you work
Me/Mum: I am a Civil Servant At the Central Bank, I work at The Bureau of Public Enterprise

VO: Do you have other children

Mum: Yes sir.I have 3 other children all in school. 2 in the USA and 1 in High School.

VO: what are you going to do in USA
Me: I intend to travel in the summer for a short holiday and to visit my 2 kids in the process.

VO: Begins typing for a few minutes (nodes, brings out a white paper ) your visa application is good to go and has been approved. We will send you a mail inq couple of days when to pick up your passport when visa is issued.

Me/Mum: Thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
All looked good at the interview stage…give it a couple of days…

I looked it up, by the way…
“Administrative processing, also known as Security Advisory Opinion (SAO), is the time period during which visa applications undergo additional review outside of the “normal” visa processing times. Administrative processing takes place after the visa interview.“

pavoda:
Hi Nairalanders,

Been following this page, it's been indeed helpful for my B1/B2 visa interview, which held last friday. I have an issue, which I wish to know if anyone has encountered.

I was given a white paper, after my visa interview which i attended as a family with my Mum. The VO informed us that our application had been approved and we should expect to pick up the passport in abuja in a few days.

Subsequently i received an email with a notice to collect my mums Passport at DHL but did not get any notice email for mine.I decide to check the visa status of both mine and mum. Her visa status is ISSUED but mine says Administrative Processing, Last updated a day after the successful interview.

This is not my first US visa, but its the first time i have encountered this issue. Please, what does this mean? Does it mean the decision has changed from the Interview, Do I still have a chance? Or is it a denial?

Me/Mum: I am a Civil Servant At the Central Bank, I work at The Bureau of Public Enterprise

Mum: Yes sir.I have 3 other children all in school. 2 in the USA and 1 in High School.

Me: I intend to travel in the summer for a short holiday and to visit my 2 kids in the process.

VO: Begins typing for a few minutes (nodes, brings out a white paper ) your visa application is good to go and has been approved. We will send you a mail inq couple of days when to pick up your passport when visa is issued.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 1:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
From my little research, the VO ought to have informed you if AP will be required on your application. Since he/she didn’t, please be positively hopeful…

“ Overview. Refusal under section 221(g) means that essential information is missing from an application or that an application requires additional administrative processing. The consular officer who interviews you will tell you at the end of your interview if your case is being refused under 221(g).”

pavoda:
Hi Nairalanders,

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oab1: 2:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
Thanks for sharing your experience
Dampops:
Let me share my experience yesterday. The guy approached me immediately i alighted and asked if i had all the documents with me. I, of course, ignored him. He then became a nuisance and followed me about listing the documents...I'll quote him "you need the following documents, DS160 page, visa receipt, passport, 2 passport photos, coloured photocopies of DS160 and datapage of passport. It's coloured copies they are collecting o. Let them not send you back.".
I knew the Consulate wasn't insisting on coloured photocopies...but i didn't make a copy of my datapage and that gave me a concern. So i asked him of the cost of making a photocopy...he replied "N1,000 for coloured and N700 for black and white per page". Since i was submitting for myself, wife and kids...i felt it was waste of money paying N4k for just 4 copies...He kept shouting "they will send you back o...you will have to get another appointment". I screamed back at him "back to sender"...lol

Alas, no one asked for either coloured copies or even a copy of the datapage when i got in to submit....

Let's ask all our questions here...i'll rather sound stupid here and get an answer than rely on an agent or a tout who is just after personal gains...

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oab1: 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2022
Don’t worry yourself, just be patient.
It’s just 2 days since the interview. In my case, did interview on Monday, got notification on Friday. Another notification on Sunday that it was with DHL
pavoda:
Hi Nairalanders,

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 2:32pm On Feb 15, 2022
Did you mean last week Friday, February 11th? #InterviewDate

pavoda:
Hi Nairalanders,

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 2:34pm On Feb 15, 2022
@oab1, is this a recent experience or your recently expired visa?

oab1:
Don’t worry yourself, just be patient.
It’s just 2 days since the interview. In my case, did interview on Monday, got notification on Friday. Another notification on Sunday that it was with DHL
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EuniqueBabe: 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2022
Lol yours was fair sef, when I went to drop my passport, the touts were insisting I make copies of all the documents. I didnt even try to respond, I just kept on walking.

At the end of the day, none of the paper documents were collected. Just my passport and one passport photo.

They only need to sight the paper documents to be sure you applied, you paid the visa fee and were scheduled to come drop your passport.

Dampops:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EuniqueBabe: 3:02pm On Feb 15, 2022
My thoughts exactly. I mean how is it possible that they book and hold on to all dates while the genuine people can't succeed in scheduling their appointment. It is just sad because people keep patronizing them that's why they will continue to flourish

NanaF:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pavoda: 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2022
yes on the 11th
Dampops:
Did you mean last week Friday, February 11th? #InterviewDate

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oab1: 3:25pm On Feb 15, 2022
Last monday, the 7th. I had an interview though
Dampops:
@oab1, is this a recent experience or your recently expired visa?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CM2003(m): 3:28pm On Feb 15, 2022
Guys please help, my US visa expired 13th of February 2020, been searching for dates for waiver since but no dates available. does it mean i am not eligible again since its 15th of February 2022 cry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 3:28pm On Feb 15, 2022
Be calming down @pavoda�..

All will be well

pavoda:
yes on the 11th

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (440) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: MaryAndrews, soprano008(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.