Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,348 members, 7,843,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (955275 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (443) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EuniceDee: 10:10pm On Mar 13, 2022
veleta:
Hi guys, please for the interview waiver, if your previous visa was issued in UK and expired last year while you were resident there then you moved back to Nigeria, will you be eligible for the interview waiver?
Thanks.

My last visa was issued in Toronto, and I submitted IW in Lagos last week Wednesday. If it mattered, then it must have been in the past. Check the appointment confirmation I attached, nothing was written in regards to last visa location.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Candidisaac: 10:17pm On Mar 13, 2022
Abdoor44:
Hello, gurus in the house...

I tried to schedule an appointment on the CGI website but unfortunately, i keep getting this error message attached below. Please I need urgent help.

Reach out to the embassy via their support and let them know the errors you are experiencing they will create an account for you with your desired credentials. The steps and processes to follow are also available on the ustravdocs website.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EuniceDee: 10:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
Tilda25:
You will have to renew (Dropbox) in the UK as your previous visa was issued there, or book a regular appointment if you decide to renew in Nigeria.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EuniceDee: 10:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
Tilda25:
You will have to renew (Dropbox) in the UK as your previous visa was issued there, or book a regular appointment if you decide to renew in Nigeria.

Not true, I almost didn’t apply because some people wrote this here.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 10:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
No pun intended, has the visa been issued?

EuniceDee:

My last visa was issued in Toronto, and I submitted IW in Lagos last week Wednesday. If it mattered, then it must have been in the past. Check the appointment confirmation I attached, nothing was written in regards to last visa location.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EuniceDee: 10:49pm On Mar 13, 2022
Dampops:
No pun intended, has the visa been issued?

No pun taken… It hasn’t, as I mentioned above, I submitted on Wednesday, so probably this week. In addition to the fact that this condition isn’t currently on their website, appointment booking questions, or the confirmation letter, as an interview waiver qualification. I understand that this might have been a previous condition. Also, people need to read to understand, as the following statement was what some people misinterpreted”

For B1/B2 visa holders:
• The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder; if not a Nigerian passport holder, the applicant principally resides in Nigeria and their last visa was issued in Nigeria;

So, as long as you are a citizen/passport holder of Nigeria, it works.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lifting(f): 5:14am On Mar 14, 2022
Hi guys! Please I have a question maybe you all can throw some answers. A friend of mine is planning to apply for a student visa (Italy)but he was told that his documents will be verified and authenticated. Now this is the issue, in 2020 he applied for a us visa (with the help of an agent) he was told to bring down his age on his international passport which he did but yet he was denied visa. This time he doesn’t want to use an agent so he is doing everything by himself, wat is your advice since his birth certificate is carry a different date and his passport is carrying a different date??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 5:16am On Mar 14, 2022
Best of luck with your visa application.

Your application will clear all the air regarding that ‘misinterpretation’…
With the American consulate, people usually choose to err on the side of caution…so I won’t blame anyone if they misinterpreted that condition of “applying if only your last visa was issued in Nigeria”.

The guys that collect the passports at the consulate only watch out for expiry dates and type of visa expiring before collection. Let’s see what the VOs think…

Once again, I wish you all the best.

EuniceDee:

No pun taken… It hasn’t, as I mentioned above, I submitted on Wednesday, so probably this week. In addition to the fact that this condition isn’t currently on their website, appointment booking questions, or the confirmation letter, as an interview waiver qualification. I understand that this might have been a previous condition. Also, people need to read to understand, as the following statement was what some people misinterpreted”

For B1/B2 visa holders:
• The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder; if not a Nigerian passport holder, the applicant principally resides in Nigeria and their last visa was issued in Nigeria;

So, as long as you are a citizen/passport holder of Nigeria, it works.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 5:24am On Mar 14, 2022
In your mind, you already know the answer. Give him that advice…

That said, this is one of the dangers of using an agent especially those ones that misrepresent information just to achieve an objective.

2020 is just few years ago, so I’m sure that your friend’s details are still fresh with the embassy. Any misinformation can earn him a 10 year ban…and it could affect future UK and Canada applications.
This is my opinion o, I’m not a guru yet…

lifting:
Hi guys! Please I have a question maybe you all can throw some answers. A friend of mine is planning to apply for a student visa (Italy)but he was told that his documents will be verified and authenticated. Now this is the issue, in 2020 he applied for a us visa (with the help of an agent) he was told to bring down his age on his international passport which he did but yet he was denied visa. This time he doesn’t want to use an agent so he is doing everything by himself, wat is your advice since his birth certificate is carry a different date and his passport is carrying a different date??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lifting(f): 6:26am On Mar 14, 2022
Dampops:
In your mind, you already know the answer. Give him that advice…

That said, this is one of the dangers of using an agent especially those ones that misrepresent information just to achieve an objective.

2020 is just few years ago, so I’m sure that your friend’s details are still fresh with the embassy. Any misinformation can earn him a 10 year ban…and it could affect future UK and Canada applications.
This is my opinion o, I’m not a guru yet…

if I knew the Answer I would not ask on this platform
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nunicelady(f): 7:19am On Mar 14, 2022
Abdoor44:
Hello, gurus in the house...

I tried to schedule an appointment on the CGI website but unfortunately, i keep getting this error message attached below. Please i need urgent help.

Use the link below:

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp

Click on the 'Click to talk link' Tell the rep what you are experiencing. They will sort it out for you. You probably have multiple accounts.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sappy1981: 9:49am On Mar 14, 2022
Good Morning Nadnad,

I was one of the fortunate few to get my visa approved after the first used for Child birth purposes on that day. The VO was very firm and denied all who had stayed longer than the declared period on the DS 160 form.

Its a bad story for the couple banned from the USA for life. It is well.

Nadnad:
Update
Been very busy had to travel for a burial
Picked my passport on Wednesday and it says come to the embassy any thur btw 6:39 to 9:30
I went the following day 10/03.

Vo where are you going I answered and said vacation however I made a mistake and chose B2 as my last visa was B2
VO where are you going , I answered
VO you know the address , I answered
VO how many kids do you have I answered
Vo where do did you have them I answered
Do you intend to use Medicals in the next two years I said no , I no get belle
Where do u work I answered what do you do there’s I answered and she said visa approved

There were a lot of denial for those that stayed longer than they filled on the ds 160
Those that their families went and never returned so many things , a couple was banned for life from the US . Pregnant woman denied that it is no longer allowed to give birth in the US and many more
All of us were under 221g
Apologies for the typo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MaryAndrews: 10:26am On Mar 14, 2022
Wow. Congratulations.
Please can you share your transcript when you have the time.
Was your last visa issued specifically for childbirth?
If not, did you send an email to the embassy before travelling to give birth? And did you stay longer than the time you put on your DS160

sappy1981:
Good Morning Nadnad,

I was one of the fortunate few to get my visa approved after the first used for Child birth purposes on that day. The VO was very firm and denied all who had stayed longer than the declared period on the DS 160 form.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OnizeB: 10:40am On Mar 14, 2022
So there if one had reasons to stay long, it won't still fly... This is heartbreaking o
MaryAndrews:
Wow. Congratulations.
Please can you share your transcript when you have the time.
Was your last visa issued specifically for childbirth?
If not, did you send an email to the embassy before travelling to give birth? And did you stay longer than the time you put on your DS160

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Donlino1992: 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2022
Any date for iw today?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fekeoshomoshi: 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
Hello gurus,

Someone submitted an IW document on the 1st of March with that of his wife as dependant, by 4th March, the wife status shows 'Issued' and she received a mail in her personal email that her document is ready for pickup, she picked up her passport with visa on Friday, 11th March. As at today, the man status shows 'passport still with the US embassy', the man is worried because he his the principal applicant and his passport is still not ready for pickup while his wife got hers. Note: tomorrow make 2weeks he dropped the document.

Please, what could be the cause of the delay?

Should the man call or email the embassy or keep expecting his pickup mail?

thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
Please confirm from the man what he saw when he tracked his own application. Did it say “issued” or “refused”; or even “administrative processing”?

In any case, he should be patient. Calls or emails won’t amount to anything…

fekeoshomoshi:
Hello gurus,

Someone submitted an IW document on the 1st of March with that of his wife as dependant, by 4th March, the wife status shows 'Issued' and she received a mail in her personal email that her document is ready for pickup, she picked up her passport with visa on Friday, 11th March. As at today, the man status shows 'passport still with the US embassy', the man is worried because he his the principal applicant and his passport is still not ready for pickup while his wife got hers. Note: tomorrow make 2weeks he dropped the document.

Please, what could be the cause of the delay?

Should the man call or email the embassy or keep expecting his pickup mail?

thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fekeoshomoshi: 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
He said "Refused" since on the 7th of March.

Dampops:
Please confirm from the man what he saw when he tracked his own application. Did it say “issued” or “refused”; or even “administrative processing”?

In any case, he should be patient. Calls or emails won’t amount to anything…

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2022
He should calm down.

Most likely before the end of this week, he will get his own pick up mail and his passport will be returned. He will be required to come for a physical interview where a final decision will be taken.

Let him use the i94 portal to review his US travel history so he’s well acquainted with his past visits.

fekeoshomoshi:
He said "Refused" since on the 7th of March.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shemadex(m): 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
justwise:
Welcome to part 4 of this thread. Old things must pass away, and new things take effect!n (Although the info in Parts 1, 2 and 3 remain priceless and Must/Ought to be read by any serious applicant.Part 2 was wonderful. Lots of lovely people offering great advice. Each in their own unique style. You guys rock!!! You know yourselves.

For enquiries relating to likely interview questions and self evaluation, kindly go through both parts 1 and 2 of this threyou have a fair knowledge of answers to such questions.

Kindly note that this is a do it yourself thread. Nobody here is an agent. Nobody is a VO, hence cannot authoritatively predict your chances of visa success .

Happy reading and good luck to all the honest visa seekers!

Please see part 1 here for reference:
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/322#38856287

See part 2 here for reference https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2

For part 3

https://www.nairaland.com/4116999/usa-visit-visa-part-3/507#77029195

Due to the fact that some questions are frequently asked, repeated and retreated, the links to the questions are contained herein for easy reference
For instructions and documents required for the application
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

To book appointment and fill DS 160
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//niv_appointmnent_instructions.html

Note:The steps for the whole process is set out step by step. For your own good, adhere. If not, a possibility exists that the final ds 160 number will be different from the one used to book the appointment . Applicants in those situations will neither be allowed to enter the embassy nor will they be interviewed.
In the event of such an occurence, kindly call/email the embassy to sort it out .

Peraventure you wish to change a detail in an already submitted ds 160, fill a new one, submit and call/email the embassy

For US embassy contact Nos and email
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile/contact.html

For video interviews with actual VOs on frequently asked Questions
https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/180#47174473

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/s/%23AsktheVOs

For documents : http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

For sample transcripts of some interviews (as posted by the users of this thread) Please check this link https://www.nairaland.com/download/4692218

Finally, Lying on your ds 160 or during the interview is misrepresentation and a crime. This thread's aim is not to teach / coach applicants on how to lie. The truth is ALWAYS the best course of action no matter the situation. Please DO NOT ask about how to misrepresent on this thread.

I'm grateful to God that I am alive to create this new part. And for the several friends I have made hereon.

Thank you.
Humbly
LadyGuinivere
Good day nairaland
Pls I want to if I can create account to check appointment date without payment?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shemadex(m): 6:48pm On Mar 14, 2022
Shemadex:
Good day nairaland
Pls I want to ask if I can create account to check appointment date without payment?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 7:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
Lol…Nigerians sha…
You can even get airplane return tickets without paying sef…lol…

The answer is NO. The visa receipt reference number is one of the important information you have to input before booking interview dates…

[quote author=Shemadex post=111037033][/quote]

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 7:16pm On Mar 14, 2022
lifting:

His passport did not carry a different date of birth by magic. He voluntarily agreed to falsify his age on his passport. He should carry his own cross.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by artofalternativ(f): 9:46pm On Mar 14, 2022
TWoods:

His passport did not carry a different date of birth by magic. He voluntarily agreed to falsify his age on his passport. He should carry his own cross.

I tire o, why would somebody even need falsify his age for a visa application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yemted: 10:19pm On Mar 14, 2022
please add me to the telegram group as well. thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shithapuns: 10:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
amjustme2:
IW is only Lagos for now,

If you want IW you must choose lagos,
Otherwise you can follow regular appointment with Abuja.

WHAT I mean is that i have already filled abuja in my ds 160 form on the ceac website. i hope it doesnt matter.if i now come and choose lagos inthe ustravel site while trying to book for interview. or do i need to fill another ds160 form stating lagos.?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by karypops(f): 12:43am On Mar 15, 2022
sappy1981:
Good Morning Nadnad,

Do you know why they were banned? I mean the couple. And congratulations
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by osurvey: 2:10am On Mar 15, 2022
Hello Guys.
I keep getting 'there's currently no appointment date' on the visa booking page. I've paid for the fee
Please what should i do next.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Donlino1992: 4:32am On Mar 15, 2022
You have to keep checking 3 times a day. Between 9am to 11am. They usually release new date around this time. Or better still join the Telegram group.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sheezybobby(m): 5:03am On Mar 15, 2022
Donlino1992:
You have to keep checking 3 times a day. Between 9am to 11am. They usually release new date around this time. Or better still join the Telegram group.

Please can I get the link to the telegram group
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seadoftj(m): 7:42am On Mar 15, 2022
Gvstavo:
Sorry about your mom's delay, did she overstay her visa by 4months or she spent 4months more than the stipulated time on her DS-160 when she applied. I'm just curious because my mom may be in similar situation, she spent 4 and half months on her last visit due to covid travel restrictions but she returned to Nigeria before her visa expired.

Hello Gvstavo, could you please share with me a transcript of your mum's previous interview.
Because I have been searching for interview transcripts of a mum intending to visit her child in the US.
Please, looking forward to your response or probably anyone with such experience. Kindly help!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 7:49am On Mar 15, 2022
shithapuns:
so in filling the ds 160 form, in my attempt to start my dropbox application i see LAgos or ABUJA, lagos has not been good to me thus i always prefer abuja, now i want to know if one can change this location on the form afterwards, or does this have any effect on the dropbox thing?.i want to still pick abuja

Abuja isn't opened for IW yet .
Yes you can change location before the date of appointment but I think you will need to call or mail them to get it done .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (443) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.