Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,977 members, 7,828,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian (129741 Views)

Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests / "Happy To Be Home" - Nigerian Soldier With His Family After War With Boko Haram / Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by DEADALIVE: 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
BabangidaHamza:
u dey mind those fellas??
Tax has nothing to do with a working system....If a system is working and laws are strictly obeyed nobody will want to evade tax...mind you nobody loves paying tax even the devloped countries that is why you see celebrities who innocently evaded tax still get punished once revealed.
So if you look at south Africa their system is working in few areas only where blacks are majority you get to see violence multiple times why they want everything free.
Black man black heart.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by apex7054: 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
[color=#] 418957[/color]
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Farki: 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
Tumbulum:
very few people know that Nigeria is a poor country. Infact we are so poor that a drastic drop in oil price will affect everything that happens.
Being poor,we are also bedeviled with corrupt leaders who loot away the little money we make selling crude.
Even if corruption is eliminated, Nigeria will still remain poor if all we do is dig up crude and sell to get dollars.this is not how a proper country is run.
Nigeria at this moment cannot even afford to give every of it's citizens 100k for parliative.

Resource economies are prone to corruption because the government has no incentive to keep the people happy as long as the resources keep flowing.

This video explains it better, skip to 12:45 for the relevant part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by ebbo(m): 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
gotnel:
The consequence of the Canadians people actions is what they are actually reaping.
The problem with us here in Nigeria is that both the government and the people are problematic.
No miracle is happening in Canada.
People pay taxes as an when due. Government officials carried out their responsibility accordingly.
There are many reasons why their success stories is palatable.

God bless u real good bro.

Here in Nigeria, we are all cutting corners in every way.
Government officials are rogues.
The man on the street is a major rogues than the man in government.
Everything about us here is for cheating.
We are all to blame in this country.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Jaqenhghar: 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
Richard quest said Niggerians dont thrive becaise of their government, they thrive in spite of their government

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

He is seeing his tax in action. Even of dem carry him tax dash people she poor at least he sees where it is going. What do you enjoy from your own government. Just one thing
abeg shout it to that ignorance buffoon mtchwww

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by salford1: 10:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
helinues:
Nice one..

But how are we sure this payment is for a Nigerian, except if he/she has dual citizenship
It's for everyone as long as you lost your job as a result of Covid. It is similar to Employment insurance except it's a bit higher.

Not everyone got it. I.e. those still employed (essential services) and those who did not lost their jobs for Covid reasons.

One can nearly survive on such sha. A tax of maybe $300 bucks would be removed. You pay rent of maybe 1100. And bills of maybe $300 to $500. Then you add feeding of maybe $200. So one is really left with nothing. It's just to keep one alive and encourage spending in the economy.

The above post in italics is for those converting dollars to naira. Some have been misquoting me already.

7 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Ifeanyi4491(m): 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
AccessME:
We are really suffering in this country embarassed embarassed embarassed

It will never be well with those still supporting this evil and wicked Nigeria leaders. cry
coro is here to judge
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by bezimo(m): 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
softset:
$2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.How long will it take you to spend that .

If you will no longer return to Nigeria because of that amount, I sympathize with your situation.

How much has your useless Nigerian govt given to you.See ehn don't even go there.
Are you aware that the money is per month.Its not much so you say but it's fairly eneough to get by in the face of dwindling economic fortune as most folks lost their job..but Canada govt has done something. How about your govt? what have they done..if not deploy soldiers and security to brutalize the citizens and keep the people under forceful house arrest as hunger finish them and you are here talking nonsense

12 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by specco(m): 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
daddytime:
Nice one.

Just stay safe and away from any potential mass shooting site.

Our people say beauty no dey complete.

Their Government dey people-oriented, but you fit just say make you stroll go supermarket to buy some grocery the next thing one kolo oyibo wey half done and medium-rare meat don chop part of him brain go just enter there begin shoot everybody for no just cause.

In fact ehn, e no get anywhere wey e be 10/10.

Las las na only God perfect.

With this lockdown I just wished I was in my village aswear.

Easy jeje life...wetin concern you concern coro

I was shocked to notice there were no mosquitoes in my village the last time I visited. I slept with the netless windows open.
I admire your patrotism but in Nigeria also any of these can terminate ones life in a jiffy:
Boko haram Fulani herdsmen. Bandits. Ritual killers. Armed Robbers. Stray bullets. One million boys. And these happen almost on daily basis. Something must kill a man.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by ajimotoke(m): 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
Brother enjoy your life there, here in Naija our bad leaders has destroyed the whole Country, I will advice only ur dead body should be transported back when aged. grin grin. I pray you live long to enjoy life.

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by africandollar: 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
daddytime:
Nice one.

Their Government dey people-oriented, but you fit just say make you stroll go supermarket to buy some grocery the next thing one kolo oyibo wey half done and medium-rare meat don chop part of him brain go just enter there begin shoot everybody for no just cause.

I was shocked to notice there were no mosquitoes in my village the last time I visited. I slept with the netless windows open.

Wrong bro! I think you're confusing Canada with US. I am yet to come across anywhere in Europe or North America as peaceful as Canada. If/When shooting happen they are very few and far between.

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Jaqenhghar: 10:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
em527:
abeg shout it to that ignorance buffoon mtchwww

I tire. A country that gives nothing , doesnt care to give nothing and always takes.
Even the basics like protection they cant protect the citizens. In fact it is the government agents that kill the citizens more than disease. Bros. I never see that kind wahala

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
meetme01:

And those who pay tax in Nigeria were given......

A. Pallatives less than 5K

B. Pallatives more than 5K

C. Nothing

D. All of the above

Call a spade a spade. We are all in a ZOO.
Who pays tax in Nigeria?
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Kay25(m): 10:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
That's how I said even with covid If I have visa to US I will go cos I know covid will go and here our suffering kwantinues

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Angelfrost(m): 10:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
If the nation had been embezzling and looting instead of saving for the rainy days, this would never have been feasible nor doable...

Babangida, Shagari, Obasanjo1, Abacha, Ironsi, Buhari1, Jonathan, Obasanjo2, Buhari2 (in no fvcking order), etc, living, dying or dead, come and clap for yourselves!!!

I feel tempted to curse your generations living and yet unborn, but I won't... Karma will eventually do the needful!!!

7 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by EverythingCars: 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
softset:
$2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.How long will it take you to spend that .

If you will no longer return to Nigeria because of that amount, I sympathize with your situation.

People are so quick to convert these currencies forgetting that they also spend in $ and not naira. Only one month house rent go collect $2k.
Stop converting money unless you are sending it to Nigeria!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by DaddyGngeess(m): 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:
Lugard it shall never be well with you

The man don die since ooo
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Simulator(m): 10:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
God bless you! They're fast to convert, forgetting bills aren't paid in naira in these countries.
lagdmark:

Please ignore them, most of them are kids. All they do is to quickly convert euros, dollars, and pounds to Naira without checking the cost of living in developed countries.

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by 4gunners(m): 10:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
I'm just happy we are comparing ourselves with the developed nations. We are raising the bars for our leaders. We will get there one day.

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Angelfrost(m): 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Who pays tax in Nigeria?

I do faithfully... Been doing consistently, voluntarily and involuntarily for over a decade now!!!

My parents did, and still do... So did my forefathers!!!

Not less than 60% of working and hustling Nigerians pay one form of taxes or the other!!!

Any further questions??! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Kubernetes: 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
It is expected.
The citizens there pay pay their tax.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by salford1: 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
softset:

Yes it's not a lot of money. He won't probably be able to save money after all expenses. However, he would be able to pay his rent, bills and eat. That is the whole idea. Without the palliative, there would be chaos.

13 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by NoToPile: 10:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
Its not strange if you are told to pay for your flight back to naija, Canada also told citizens to pay for their flight back to canada from Nigeria and I doubt that 2k dollars is free.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ifeanyi4491:
coro is here to judge
Coro no finish justice ontop their head bro na waiting dey pain person jare.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by DexterousOne(m): 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
Osidazz19:
I just dey wonder how much other African countries have given their citizens. All these comparisons with Canada and US is a big time joke.

Actually its not
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
daddytime:
Nice one.

Point of correction at the bolded. This is Canada. Not USA. You are not allowed to carry gun like they do in yankee. Moreover if them carry gun for there, it is better dan 1million boys type of fear!!!

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Angelfrost(m): 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
Simulator:
God bless you! They're fast to convert, forgetting bills aren't paid in naira in these countries.

What exactly is your point, the both of you?!.. We don't pay bills here??! We get things on a platter from the government??!...

Is it 20k ( which only ghosts even received) that will last for eternity??!...

The money could have been less, still won't take away the beauty of the gesture... If your leaders did a quarter of this, everyone would be hailing them all over the internet!!!

8 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
daddytime:
Nice one.

Is the same shooting or insecurity not in Nigeria? How many Canadians did the police kill? But here, the police has killed about 18 Nigerians. Even the roads and villages are insecure because of the deadly Fulani herders and other killers. In a nutshell, Canada is 100 percent better.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrested, Extradited To Nigeria, Arrived Nigeria On Sunday / Orji Uzor Kalu’s 400-Room Mansion In Igbere, Abia State (Photos) / Eastern Neighbourhoods And Streets Are Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.