Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian (129736 Views)

Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests / "Happy To Be Home" - Nigerian Soldier With His Family After War With Boko Haram / Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Benwallt(m): 10:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
Righteousness89:
This world is not my home I'm just a passing through,
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue,
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore..

Oh lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
Guy, please, I hope your not thinking of ending it. This your song is sure scary. Get hold of yourself brother.

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Onebyonedead: 10:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
thegloor:

Nigeria is RICH but have poor citizens

That is what people think

NIGERIA is very POOR
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by leokid866: 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
Onebyonedead:

Stop giving excuse for a failed govt

Seriously stop
I'm not giving excuses I'm just stating your claims are false, true the government has other sources of income to help run this kind of thing, but its not through our taxes.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Youngminister(m): 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
softset:
$2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.How long will it take you to spend that .

If you will no longer return to Nigeria because of that amount, I sympathize with your situation.
. Bros born that 9ja don cast be say edon cast
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by AnthonyAk(m): 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
This money is not free , they are. just being lax with the rules so people can get money fast. They will calculate eligibility for each and every person that collected come next tax season. in fact they will re evaulate it again 2 or 3 times and if u took it and weren't eligible u will owe the govt money

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by stanliwise(m): 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
softset:
$2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.How long will it take you to spend that .

If you will no longer return to Nigeria because of that amount, I sympathize with your situation.
better start sympathizing with yourself and neighbors. You still have mouth to talk when your Goverment is sharing garri and gathering crowd up and down.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Le2money(m): 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
U are talking as if home is safe also... undecided undecided

daddytime:
Nice one.

Just stay safe and away from any potential mass shooting site.

Our people say beauty no dey complete.

Their Government dey people-oriented, but you fit just say make you stroll go supermarket to buy some grocery the next thing one kolo oyibo wey half done and medium-rare meat don chop part of him brain go just enter there begin shoot everybody for no just cause.

In fact ehn, e no get anywhere wey e be 10/10.

Las las na only God perfect.

With this lockdown I just wished I was in my village aswear.

Easy jeje life...wetin concern you concern coro

I was shocked to notice there were no mosquitoes in my village the last time I visited. I slept with the netless windows open.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by TruthinAction: 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nigeria money is only meant for a few thieves. This country is very rich but our polithiefians loot our monies. Even the revenue we generate is more than ten times what they declare. Over 80% goes to private pocket. This will be confirmed the day we have an honest President.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by leokid866: 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
osazsky:
ok let them pay only those who pay tax na which makes me eligible I pay close to 20k every month as tax
As do I, but they are not going to do that, at least not in cash anyway, but I did hear that there are tax relief packages been put together post coronavirus.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Righteousness89(m): 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
Benwallt:
Guy, please, I hope your not thinking of ending it. This your song is sure scary. Get hold of yourself brother.

My Brother far from it!
Am not for that!

Just that I am Tired of the World...
The World is so Unattractive now..

I wanna go Home... I wanna leave to Heaven
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by salford1: 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
don't mind the guy. Almost everyone in Nigeria pays tax with the Value added Tax. What has the govt done for you with the VAT it collects almost daily?
Truth is that Nigeria is a poor country brought upon itself by corrupt politicians. The politicians did not also fall from Mars. They were once masses like everyone.
Truthfully. The tax paid in Nigeria is also very little. Like 10% I believe and people would rather dodge it too if they can. In addition, lots of other taxes and deductions in place in developed countries are absent in Nigeria.
Then again, the little the government received. They have done nothing with it than to embezzle including proceeds from exports.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Onebyonedead: 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
Mandeyy:
Nigerians also pay tax. Besides, he sees the benefits of the tax he has been paying, unlike what is obtainable here.

Bro I live abroad 2k is not small money there

The govt shows compassion because they know people gotta to survive

That is a govt who cares for hers

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by mandate12: 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.

Leaving him with 187,800k... After your self imposed tax . Now tell me, how much did ur country give u before and after tax?
TBH, u and ur likes r the greatest problems of Nigeria - Having a negative approach to everything .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by DexterousOne(m): 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
Onebyonedead:
It's not about conversion

The truth is Nigerian govt have not even given the jobless any helping hand from day one

But some idiots here me arguing and saying they have been around the world and compare Nigeria with developed countries

Mofos be living in denial

Even if u pay bills abroad At least the govt helps so u can live like a human.

But Nigeria is a jungle and people need to start saying the truth and stop justifying failures

You pay more tax in Nigeria

No country increases price of anything by 200% overnight

Bank charges no country does that

Fela don talk am mumu na mumu

No mind them

Their N200k job is still deceiving them

Let's see what that would buy
When naira further crashes to say N500/$1 due to the foolishness of this govt

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Onebyonedead: 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
salford1:

Truth is that Nigeria is a poor country brought upon itself by corrupt politicians. The politicians did not also fall from Mars. They were once masses like everyone.
Truthfully. The tax paid in Nigeria is also very little. Like 10% I believe and people would rather dodge it too if they can. In addition, lots of other taxes and deductions in place in developed countries are absent in Nigeria.
Then again, the little the government received. They have done nothing with it than to embezzle including proceeds from exports.

Revenues are not generated only from tax mate
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by IMASTEX: 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
seunayantokun:

Even at that you have a caring govt.
You want a place where you don't pay tax?
I wonder for him oh. Even if 90% is tax. It is still better at least there is a responsible govt that uses that tax for a greater good for all. Not some criminals called leaders in Naija that will steal anything they lay hands on.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Angelfrost(m): 10:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
Onebyonedead:

Stop giving excuse for a failed govt

Seriously stop

Something is seriously wrong with some of our youths...

How can one be so easily fooled and conned into believing transforming this nation is impossible!!! What sort of mindset is that...
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by leokid866: 10:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Angelfrost:

"Working and Hustling Nigerians"!!!

Please, comprehend fully and properly before rushing to attack!!!...

...And, we currently generate quite a lot from all taxes. We can generate far more if we choose and decide to.
However, generating is not the issue (it has never really been)... You can generate more taxes here than Europe and America, yet still wallow in underdevelopment!!! I am sure you know why!!!
Sure you can if you can capture the informal sector, but I do believe thus particular government has done more in terms of pulling more people into the tax basket and have done more with our taxes than previous government, remember the rot did not start with them.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Ojinkpo2016: 10:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
what are you coming here to do ,unless hell fire on earth dey hungry you
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by salford1: 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
bezimo:
I can confirm I received mine in my akant today!! My country Canada govt is set to release that money each month to everyone that "qualify" from now till October..Come better country..una say no..that una like Buhari..Lol

But it wasn't every one that benefited oh..only those who made at least $5000 last year in income..and is not awoof money.. we would still pay back around $400 for every $2000 in tax next year..
It's only till June I believe. March, April, May, June. After that, some would move on to EI if they qualify. The others are OYO.
In addition.
Also it's only those whose job loss was as a result of Covid
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by DAVE5(m): 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
Aidejay:
People should stop comparing Nigeria and Canada, Nigeria and Kenya, Nigeria and this Nigeria and that. Its just insulting, rather compare Nigeria and kuvuki land or any of the other fictitious countries.

Kai... U bad

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Powerintoxicate: 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
iswallker:

So VAT is your personal income tax.

Even VAT can you show us evidence that you ever paid it. undecided
do you pay your NEPA bills? I'm sure you do. Do you shop around supermarkets, or buy petrol at the filling station? Almost everyone does these stuff so what you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Augla1: 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
daddytime:
Nice one.

Just stay safe and away from any potential mass shooting site.

Our people say beauty no dey complete.

Their Government dey people-oriented, but you fit just say make you stroll go supermarket to buy some grocery the next thing one kolo oyibo wey half done and medium-rare meat don chop part of him brain go just enter there begin shoot everybody for no just cause.

In fact ehn, e no get anywhere wey e be 10/10.

Las las na only God perfect.

With this lockdown I just wished I was in my village aswear.

Easy jeje life...wetin concern you concern coro

I was shocked to notice there were no mosquitoes in my village the last time I visited. I slept with the netless windows open.
When men that speak from higher revelation speaks , we shouldn't take them too trifle
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by karkinase(m): 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
I dont know why will like deceiving our selves in this country...America, Canada n their likes are light years ahead of us... shocked

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Onebyonedead: 10:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
leokid866:

I'm not giving excuses I'm just stating your claims are false, true the government has other sources of income to help run this kind of thing, but its not through our taxes.

What taxes are you talking about

Do u know how much tax house owners pay in Lagos state

How many jobs are the govt providing ?

U want people to pay tax when they have to provide electricity and water for thier businesses

No insurance or sick leave

Think before you talk

The govt has nothing in place for anyone in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by cardoctor(m): 10:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hungry man. Remain in Canada. So many billionaires and millionaires are on death row because of this virus all over the world and you are rejoicing over a paltry 600k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Basher8583: 11:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
kikero:
Hmm

Canada's budget this year is $355 billion for 24 million people.

Nigeria's budget this year is $26 billion for 200 million people.

And you expect Nigeria to give palliative of N626000 naira per person or per family?

Nigeria is a mess, but we are not up to Canada's level. Vote for governments who would make us an industrial nation, then we can talk.

To all those people cursing Nigeria up-thread...yes, we have had corrupt governments. But there is no way our government can afford to give stimulus of N626,000 naira to everyone. Not on our budget,without taking even more mega loans.

Modified

Even giving 100million Nigerians N50000 each a month would involve spending the equivalent of our budget for the year in one month.($26 Billion)

Good bless you Jor.. You spoke my mind.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by kasim155: 11:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
kikero:
Hmm

Canada's budget this year is $355 billion for 24 million people.

Nigeria's budget this year is $26 billion for 200 million people.

And you expect Nigeria to give palliative of N626000 naira per person or per family?

Nigeria is a mess, but we are not up to Canada's level. Vote for governments who would make us an industrial nation, then we can talk.

To all those people cursing Nigeria up-thread...yes, we have had corrupt governments. But there is no way our government can afford to give stimulus of N626,000 naira to everyone. Not on our budget,without taking even more mega loans.

Modified

Even giving 100million Nigerians N50000 each a month would involve spending the equivalent of our budget for the year in one month.($26 Billion)

People are just asking d government for just d payment of 20k each at least to show dat d government gave dem cash as palliative too. No one is asking for 50k or 100k, but instead they are just sharing cups or rice n carton of noodle to individual so dat some of dem can inflates d figure that dey spent so many billion in buying those items. Nigeria is still a very long way backward.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by DAVE5(m): 11:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
IMASTEX:

I wonder for him oh. Even if 90% is tax. It is still better at least there is a responsible govt that uses that tax for a greater good for all. Not some criminals called leaders in Naija that will steal anything they lay hands on.

We have kleptomaniacs in the government all around Nigeria

All they know how to do is steal and plunder the country's funds
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Digmygold: 11:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.

If that is true, at the least he got 30% free money.Which one your stupid country dash you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrested, Extradited To Nigeria, Arrived Nigeria On Sunday / Orji Uzor Kalu’s 400-Room Mansion In Igbere, Abia State (Photos) / Eastern Neighbourhoods And Streets Are Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.