Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,986 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian (129742 Views)

Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests / "Happy To Be Home" - Nigerian Soldier With His Family After War With Boko Haram / Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by jimcaddy(m): 11:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
FG dey store the N25bn wey those rich billionaires dey donate. Those ones too wey donate dey donate to get favours from the government subsequently. Yet your citizens are dying of hunger everyday, and you tell me not to steal? Nigeria is shame of a nation.. Even the so called stimulus package, na to embezzle am... This country should never have been created...
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by osazsky(m): 11:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.
atleast he still has 30% to buy food...over here people have started eating rats..lizards...snakes dead fishes washed onshore...my neigbour caught one wallgeko he asked me if he can try eating it I advised him not to cuz its poisonous...then immediately he begin dey chase rat

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by noisy45(m): 11:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
daddytime:
Nice one.

Just stay safe and away from any potential mass shooting site.

Our people say beauty no dey complete.

Their Government dey people-oriented, but you fit just say make you stroll go supermarket to buy some grocery the next thing one kolo oyibo wey half done and medium-rare meat don chop part of him brain go just enter there begin shoot everybody for no just cause.

In fact ehn, e no get anywhere wey e be 10/10.

Las las na only God perfect.

With this lockdown I just wished I was in my village aswear.

Easy jeje life...wetin concern you concern coro

I was shocked to notice there were no mosquitoes in my village the last time I visited. I slept with the netless windows open.

After this corona wahala I swear I most process the visa to leave this shithole
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Gerrard59(m): 11:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
Successive governments have done a very bad thing (to them, it is a good thing) by disabusing the minds of most Nigerians to see suffering and smiling as a good thing. Inasmuch as I am not a fan of converting foreign currencies to the naira when it is not spent in Nigeria, governments in sane places have been paying their citizens to assuage the negative effects of the lockdown. It is not as if Nigeria can do a replica of what Canada did (Nigeria not Canada is suffering from multidimensional poverty), but years of suffering and smiling have broken the psyche of the average Nigerian.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Antichristus: 11:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
Righteousness89:
This world is not my home I'm just a passing through,
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue,
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore..

Oh lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore

Absolutely deluded. Go and read Dawkins' God Delusion and liberate your mind.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by OriOko88(m): 11:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
DEADALIVE:
Canada land mass is larger than ours times 10...its population is bearly 80million if at all i want to exaggerate....effective data base processing right from child birth to dealth...from entrance to exit of the country population census is intact with relative to time...but 9ja we influence population because of oil, pad budget because of oil, even the tax self it will amaze you that every organization has two accounting books.
One for FG or SG TAX collectors in that book they always record loss while the original account book is private to the company...i guess you know why because black man wants a flamboyant lifestyle without hardwork.
Go and do your home work correctly and check your statistics. You too dey lie.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by leokid866: 11:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
osazsky:
sir the rot started with Buhari when he stole 2billion dollars in 1978 as the PTF chairman when obj was head of state.imagine d value of 2b dollars then and what we would have become if dat money was invested in this country Google is ur friend
Sure point at the one man you know, you think one man can just walk out of anywhere with that kind of money without help....anyway my place is not to defend anybody my own is to pay my tax as required by law and pray for my country.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
softset:
I stated what I feel about the amount and I still maintain that $2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.

Poverty is really a terrible thing. It will make you think and do things you will not normally do.

Continue waiting for government handouts.
I understand you vividly.
I Live ABROAD and I spend 400k Naira monthly on House Rent.
Servicing of Cars Cost me about 350 USD every 3 Months.
It's Expensive but you make the MONEY.
U see yourself making it on daily basis as u work.
600k in NAIRA may be nothing abroad.
But it's a PALLIATIVE MEASURE.
Appreciate the Canadian Government for doing such, first.

As a Nigerian First Class Citizen, NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT can't give out ordinary 20k.
Yet Security Operatives are busy murdering people en masse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by leokid866: 11:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
Onebyonedead:

What taxes are you talking about

Do u know how much tax house owners pay in Lagos state

How many jobs are the govt providing ?

U want people to pay tax when they have to provide electricity and water for thier businesses

No insurance or sick leave

Think before you talk

The govt has nothing in place for anyone in Nigeria
See my own is not to defend the government, my place I as to pay my tax as required by law and pRay for my country, if you have opposing views that's up to you.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by osazsky(m): 11:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
leokid866:

Sure point at the one man you know, you think one man can just walk out of anywhere with that kind of money without help....anyway my place is not to defend anybody my own is to pay my tax as required by law and pray for my country.
but Buhari was the chairman then so he oversaw everything that happened then..stop shifting blame for his impunity that started since 1978
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by toxtimmy: 11:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
helinues:
Nice one..

But how are we sure this payment is for a Nigerian, except if he/she has dual citizenship

As far as you are legally staying in Canada and lost a job due to covid you get $2000 monthly for 4 months backdated from mid March 2020.

If Nigerians get sense Buhari, GEJ, Obasanjo etc all for be bricklayers but oh well a country of zombies.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by AlphaStorm: 11:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
salam8528:
don't let him deceive u he has paid 70% of DAT money as tax. canada govt is not stupid.

Broa, even if dem comot 70% tru tru, d Guy still get 180k to spend. Now u know why i want God to visit our leaders with whip
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Benjamin4388(m): 11:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
kikero:
Hmm

Canada's budget this year is $355 billion for 24 million people.

Nigeria's budget this year is $26 billion for 200 million people.

And you expect Nigeria to give palliative of N626000 naira per person or per family?

Nigeria is a mess, but we are not up to Canada's level. Vote for governments who would make us an industrial nation, then we can talk.

To all those people cursing Nigeria up-thread...yes, we have had corrupt governments. But there is no way our government can afford to give stimulus of N626,000 naira to everyone. Not on our budget,without taking even more mega loans.

Modified

Even giving 100million Nigerians N50000 each a month would involve spending the equivalent of our budget for the year in one month.($26 Billion)
You are just trying to be smart on this...you forgot to sit and think deeply too how all the ones they have been budgeting from ancient of times and misappropriation of fund for health,walfare,road,water sector etc,abacha and core recovered stolen money before this pandemic have gone to
... Nigeria more than any countries in the world have the capacity to pay for this.if not the government never gives a shit about his citizens..I will only give this scenario..just imagine a country with so more resources like Nigeria where we common light is not stable and a lil country like Benin republic have been putting so much effort to improve its 20 hours to 24 hours daily.we all damn here...if you still depending on the government for anytime..then that person is not sane
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by peeps4u: 11:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
helinues:
Nice one..

But how are we sure this payment is for a Nigerian, except if he/she has dual citizenship

Evennif it is for citizens, are you not a nigerian citizen? how many nigerians have received such from its govt?
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Farki: 11:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
salford1:

Canada, UK, Norway etc all have resource based economies too though.

For a time in the 1800s to early 1900s the UK was a horrible place to live for the average person. It has only recently gotten a decent standard of living.
An added benefit for them is that they are educated nations not ruled by dictatorships like Nigeria was (and arguably still is). A more extreme example is King Leopold II and his purchase of the Congo 'Free' State.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by juman(m): 11:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nigeria is a country we are not proud of.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by nedekid: 11:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
OriOko88:

I'm not even defending the people managing the country, what I'm saying is Nigeria is a poor country, if Nigeria pays common 5k to like 40 million people, it will get broke and would be unable to pay workers salary.

Iran you're mentioning is also richer than Nigeria by far. Its one of the biggest producers of oil and natural gas. The Suez canal that almost half of world oil passes through is located in iran. So its a very rich country.
Suez canal is in Egypt not Iran. Guess you meant Persian gulf ie Strait of Hormuz of which Iran does not collect taxes for ships passing through.
Anyway, since I pay taxes, fgn should give me some cash back as done by other countries. Or do you think it is dash us Canada, Iran, EU, Russia etc are giving? No! It is some of their taxes paid over the years to government!
Nb. No vex for how I replyed you earlier. Na vex cause am.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by shiwex: 11:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
AccessME:
We are really suffering in this country embarassed embarassed embarassed

It will never be well with those still supporting this evil and wicked Nigeria leaders. cry

You reap what you sow......Canada, US, UK.....these are countries where people pay their taxes not just cook u p some digits and say they pay taxes. How many Nigerians pay taxes and they want government to credit their accounts.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by osazsky(m): 11:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
Farki:

For a time in the 1800s to early 1900s the UK was a horrible place to live for the average person. It has only recently gotten a decent standard of living.
An added benefit for them is that they are educated nations not ruled by dictatorships like Nigeria was (and arguably still is). A more extreme example is King Leopold II and his purchase of the Congo 'Free' State.
so u still think Nigeria will be great u are funny....nigeria will never b great till asteroids hits earth...God does not dwell in evil places go and read ur bible Nigeria is evil so God has left us..if u feel Nigeria will one day be like Europe then u can believe anything .the cable stayed bridge In Russia has been sold to dangote.. Tomorrow is may 8th 1987

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by shiwex: 11:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
AlphaStorm:

Broa, even if dem comot 70% tru tru, d Guy still get 180k to spend. Now u know why i want God to visit our leaders with whip
You reap what you sow......Canada, US, UK.....these are countries where people pay their taxes not just cook u p some digits and say they pay taxes. How many Nigerians pay taxes and they want government to credit their accounts.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by salford1: 11:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
AlphaStorm:

Whip is being nice. Thunder and lightning would have been better.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by osazsky(m): 11:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
shiwex:

I am a tax payer I pay more than 20k every month..I even have TIN number but I have not received 1k atleast they should pay us something even if its 500 naira atleast it will be on record that this govt rewarded tax payers with a token during d covid period and d govt would be remembered for that
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by OriOko88(m): 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
nedekid:

Suez canal is in Egypt not Iran. Guess you meant Persian gulf ie Strait of Hormuz of which Iran does not collect taxes for ships passing through.
Anyway, since I pay taxes, fgn should give me some cash back as done by other countries. Or do you think it is dash us Canada, Iran, EU, Russia etc are giving? No! It is some of their taxes paid over the years to government!
Nb. No vex for how I replyed you earlier. Na vex cause am.

Oh yeah. I meant to say strait of hormus. Nigeria govt are afraid to give cash. They're afraid the country may go broke,which may put an end to their looting.lol

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by pastorjew(m): 12:00am On Apr 22, 2020
God save us for 9ja ooo

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by salford1: 12:01am On Apr 22, 2020
Farki:

That is true. The divide between the rich and poor was very wide back then. Similar to what we have in Nigeria nowadays.
Now abroad, the government tries to ensure that everyone is carried along and no one falls through the cracks.

It's funny when rich Nigerians drive in their expensive vehicles worth millions of naira on pothole ridden roads only to hide themselves in their prison with burglaries and 10 feet fences with barbed wires on top. Is that one life? grin

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by iswallker(m): 12:02am On Apr 22, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
are you aware that in the UK and italy non citizens also got cheques?

Not citizens but they have their records as either tax paying resedents or unemployed.. grin
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 22, 2020
shiwex:

you get sense at all or you're just plain stupid? read what you wrote there and give yourself the answer..kiddo
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by phemocheee(m): 12:04am On Apr 22, 2020
Aidejay:
People should stop comparing Nigeria and Canada, Nigeria and Kenya, Nigeria and this Nigeria and that. Its just insulting, rather compare Nigeria and kuvuki land or any of the other fictitious countries.

This is the funniest thing I've read today. Damn cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by mechanics(m): 12:06am On Apr 22, 2020
Wow, that's money o.
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by DEADALIVE: 12:06am On Apr 22, 2020
OriOko88:

Go and do your home work correctly and check your statistics. You too dey lie.
I believe when you look yourself in the mirror, i guess you are the NIGERIA
Re: Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian by mrkings84(m): 12:07am On Apr 22, 2020
softset:
$2600 is not a lot of money if you live in Canada.How long will it take you to spend that .

If you will no longer return to Nigeria because of that amount, I sympathize with your situation.

You might be right but there are those who don't have 2600 naira right now in Nigeria, how much has your government given to them??

Above, 2,600 dollar is more valuable in Canada that 500k naira in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrested, Extradited To Nigeria, Arrived Nigeria On Sunday / Orji Uzor Kalu’s 400-Room Mansion In Igbere, Abia State (Photos) / Eastern Neighbourhoods And Streets Are Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.