Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria (5099 Views)

615 Terrorist killed In Both Air And Ground Attacks In Sambista Forest - Pic / Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Cancels Eid Festivities After Bomb attacks / Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:47am On Jan 07, 2011
US predicts more bomb attacks in Nigeria
By Ike Nnamdi, Correspondent, Washington D.C
Friday, January 07, 2011

•Obama
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Nigeria will experience more deadly bomb attacks this year as extreme militant groups affiliated to Al-Qaida step up their efforts to undermine the government, according to America’s elite spy agency, The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

In a memo sent to President Barack Obama and top defence chiefs, the CIA said the long term objective of the groups is the overthrow of “Nigeria’s secular government to be replaced by a strict Islamic administration under Sharia law.

“The agency also concluded that foreign terrorist groups have set up safe havens in the country and are actively recruiting and training youths who they intend to deploy for terror attacks against government facilities.” Officials also warned that some Nigerian security officials have also been compromised by terror groups and could be playing an active part in helping them achieve their objectives.

“The agency predicted the rise of terror groups in Nigeria years ago but the situation now is dire, worsened by the combination of unemployment, the religious and ethnic direction of the present political scenarios”, officials of the Homeland Security Department told Daily Sun. Sources said facilities on the target list of these groups include airports, power stations, oil pipelines, hotels and any place where large number of casualties can be recorded. “The ultimate aim is to cause a large number of deaths and damages”, according to a counter-terrorism official.

The Daily Sun learnt that it was because of the urgency of the Nigerian situation that the administration took the unprecedented step of President Obama and Homeland Security chief Janet Napalitano jointly criticizing the New Year eve bombing in Abuja. “The administration is concerned about the unfolding event in Nigeria and is in discussion with its relevant security agencies for greater security cooperation,” officials stated.

The CIA recommends that Abuja must monitor more closely religious schools, especially in the north and funds sent in by foreign groups as gifts. It also warns that officials who lose out in the elections are likely to play the religious card, which could further raise tension.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/jan/07/national-07-01-2011-019.htm
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by matazzmagi(m): 4:00am On Jan 07, 2011
a failed state!!!!!
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by Olaedo1: 4:55am On Jan 07, 2011
Because they will be the ones to cause it.
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by jason123: 7:06am On Jan 07, 2011
Ola edo:

Because they will be the ones to cause it.

GBAM!!!!
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by aigbeedo(m): 7:23am On Jan 07, 2011
Ehh. This is exactly wat is going on. Bt d amerans should know dis. 4us niger_delta 2embrase sharia we ill KILL DEM ALL,
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by redsun(m): 8:10am On Jan 07, 2011
Nigeria is too primitive to exist as a country,just like afganistan,somalia and co.D country luck has ran out
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by REALTRUTH1: 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2011
redsun:

Nigeria is too primitive to exist as a country,just like afganistan,somalia and co.D country luck has ran out

GBAM!! GBAM!!! SUPER GBAM!!!!!
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by JUO(m): 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2011
we are ready for any thing. politicians are the one causing this poo
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by DAY12(m): 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2011
^^^

Story - Story - Stroooooooooory!!!

Nigerians has encounter more than a bomb threat!

Bring it on, My people will still smile d next day!

Rubbish!
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by ITEM71(m): 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2011
tickling like a time bomb and it goes -TIC TAC TIC TAC AND BOOOOOMMM,,islamic state of boko haram,odudua rep,and Biafra, congratulations on the waiting,,,
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by eros(m): 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2011
I had better start planning on relocating to Cotonou or Ghana. Since we have chosen to remain backward and useless in this failed country.
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by oluagness(m): 1:08pm On Jan 07, 2011
God will punish every creature that are causing chaos in this country.
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by RSA(m): 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2011
Divide the damn thing into three of four peacefull states.
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by jaygetta1: 1:38pm On Jan 07, 2011
Lol. CIA don enter our problem, wahala don yakata. 25years from now, don't be surprised when documents will reveal that the U.S/CIA are the ones behind these bombings. How else to spread this "war on terror", and get all these oil reserves, than instigate confusion in the country with the biggest black population on earth?
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by reubeno(m): 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2011
this American's are bunch of crooks, they don't like Nigeria, just like dey created Taliban, MOSSAD, Militants that is still nt enough for them, now they hv started planting bomb everywhere in nigeria again.

Pakistan was actually at peace untill US crept in through the back door  and started causing problems, pakistan isn't figthing anybody all you hear is BOMB blast anytime, anywhere  anyday. Must we sign the anti- terrorism treaty? GEJ shud wake up n show then d way out or else b4 d general election they will the first to tell him his nt capable of rulling this country,

US is behind all this shit oooo, they really want to hv their own share of the crude oil, sooner or later, US anti terrorist squads will be stationed permanently in Nigeria all in d name of security n Nigeria will pay them in return with crude, later they will start supporting d opposition b4 u knw it ANARCHY GBAM!!!, COTE D'VORE
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2011
reubeno:

this American's are bunch of crooks, they don't like Nigeria, just like dey created Taliban, MOSSAD, Militants that is still nt enough for them, now they hv started planting bomb everywhere in nigeria again.

Pakistan was actually at peace untill US crept in through the back door  and started causing problems, pakistan isn't figthing anybody all you hear is BOMB blast anytime, anywhere  anyday. Must we sign the anti- terrorism treaty? GEJ shud wake up n show then d way out or else b4 d general election they will the first to tell him his nt capable of rulling this country,

US is behind all this poo oooo, they really want to hv their own share of the crude oil, sooner or later, US anti terrorist squads will be stationed permanently in Nigeria all in d name of security n Nigeria will pay them in return with crude, later they will start supporting d opposition b4 u knw it ANARCHY GBAM!!!, COTE D'VORE
Don tell me you believe all this crap you just typed. This is the exact thinking of despots like Hugo Rafael Chávez and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Kim Il Sung.
And where are they now? They all remain backward due to their inability to embrace the truth that they are the cause of their problems and not some external force.
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by dempeople(m): 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2011
Finally, the sun has set on Nigeria followed by the assumption of darkness where its body will be dismembered by forces of the dark.
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by softgirl1: 2:37pm On Jan 07, 2011
May God help us in this country may any of our family member not be casualty o In jesus name Amen
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by MMM2(m): 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2011
only god can save us, we need 2 pray 4 nigeria.
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by tomiade1(m): 3:30pm On Jan 07, 2011
soft girl:

May God help us in this country may any of our family member not be casualty o In jesus name Amen

amen to that my sister

na wa o!, whats happening to my beloved country?. . . plus i never HAMMER, this kain rubbish wan start cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by russellino: 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2011
This is very scary. Nigeria is a country led by idiots and full of people who are just too shallow and stupid to comprehend that the time bomb is set to blow. America warned us about us becoming a failed state and people just kept on mouthing off about how they were our detractors etc instead of putting pressure on the people in power to do something to stop these islamic fundamentalist lunatics. We need to pray seriiously or else the anarchy we felt could never come to this country may come upon us. Bin Laden talks about Nigeria every now and then and that means that we are a prime candidate for al qaeda's designs. There is a strong link between the introduction of sharia in 1999 and all this fundamentalism growing in this country. God save Nigeria
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2011
There is no need for US prediction, it is common sense.
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by russellino: 3:58pm On Jan 07, 2011
It is common sense agreed. Why is it that the people who have ruled this country have taken this threat for a joke till now.hinestly i still dont think they get the gravity of this crap. Those clowns are drunk on stolen money and they really dont give a damn whats going on or who's dying. Why is that no one took bin laden's talk seriously.we were all saying stuff like - ''lai lai not in naija''. We need prayers
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by Akhenaten: 4:09pm On Jan 07, 2011
There is a definite need to split the nation. Give the North their own nation and let the South progress. This is not the first a nation has split along religious lines. Indian was once united with Pakistan, until the Urdu people were given their own nation. The same goes for the former Republic of Yugoslavia.
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by Righton: 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2011
snowdrops:

Don tell me you believe all this crap you just typed. This is the exact thinking of despots like Hugo Rafael Chávez and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Kim Il Sung.
And where are they now? They all remain backward due to their inability to embrace the truth that they are the cause of their problems and not some external force.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavon_Affair
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by russellino: 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2011
@righton - No doubt the US has a history of supporting insurrection in countries where it has interests but please be reminded that the Lavon affair was the brain child of Israeli intelligence not US. The aim was to keep Egypt unstable and keep the British occupation force in the disputed suez canal zone
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 4:25pm On Jan 07, 2011
russellino:

It is common sense agreed. Why is it that the people who have ruled this country have taken this threat for a joke till now.hinestly i still dont think they get the gravity of this crap. Those clowns are drunk on stolen money and they really dont give a damn whats going on or who's dying. Why is that no one took bin laden's talk seriously.we were all saying stuff like - ''lai lai not in naija''. We need prayers

It is all cos they dont give a damn, cos they are busy soiling their hands and stealing the money that belongs to us all.
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by shollyboy2: 4:27pm On Jan 07, 2011
are we sure u.s are not the one behind this boomb blast wahala? cos dem fit they try to take over this our belove useless country called nigeria.
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2011
sholly_boy:

are we sure u.s are not the one behind this boomb blast wahala? cos dem fit they try to take over this our belove useless country called nigeria.

Haba, give us a reason why they would wanna be the one behind it . . . .
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by auwal87(m): 4:31pm On Jan 07, 2011
I really do want an Independent Nation for Northern Nigeria. But Honestly I don't like it this way, killings, bombings, bloodsheds, etc. The definitive rules of engagement applies to Nigeria except for the above I listed.

The future for Nigeria as ONE country is very DARK, chaos in Nigeria will cause trouble in the whole African continent, both Economically and Socially.

One question, I didn't forgot when a report was released about the future of sub-saharan Africa (15 new countries may emerge). This report was made by the US security agencies, and only God knows what else they know or plan about the country. I really don't care if the country splits, but let it be peaceful and the MOST peaceful separation ever. It is possible!

About Islamic Extremism, I keep on reminding Muslims, a call for action becomes very necessary. Peace is always the way and the answer.

I choose separation
I choose peace

Attention Posters
The Eagle Eyes (America) are watching you on this forum.
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by aljharem11(m): 4:37pm On Jan 07, 2011
auwal87:

I really do want an Independent Nation for Northern Nigeria. But Honestly I don't like it this way, killings, bombings, bloodsheds, etc. The definitive rules of engagement applies to Nigeria except for the above I listed.

The future for Nigeria as ONE country is very DARK, chaos in Nigeria will cause trouble in the whole African continent, both Economically and Socially.

One question, I didn't forgot when a report was released about the future of sub-saharan Africa (15 new countries may emerge). This report was made by the US security agencies, and only God knows what else they know or plan about the country. I really don't care if the country splits, but let it be peaceful and the MOST peaceful separation ever. It is possible!

About Islamic Extremism, I keep on reminding Muslims, a call for action becomes very necessary. Peace is always the way and the answer.

I choose separation
I choose peace

Attention Posters
The Eagle Eyes (America) are watching you on this forum.

not only you brother,, also me and other,,,, i am tried of them blaming my religion instead of the thugs angry
Re: Us Predicts More Bomb Attacks In Nigeria by foreman: 4:51pm On Jan 07, 2011
Make the bombs come abegi. One stands a chance of dying once instead of the slow death from poverty wey man experience self.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Frozen Account: Court Fixes Patience Jonathan's $200m Suit For February 13th / Gov. Okorocha Opens Mouth As Swazi Women Dance Topless At Calabar Carnival-Video / Attah Of Igala Rains Thunder Curse On Fulani Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.