Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG (51568 Views)

Femi Adesina: Real Reason Buhari Can’t Receive Medical Attention In Nigeria / You Can’t Receive Pension Because You Served As Acting Gov / Buhari Will Not Steal Our Money, Says Osinbajo As He Begins Door-to-door Campaig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 21, 2020

The Federal Government has made some clarifications about the Conditional Cash Transfer scheme currently ongoing in many states across the country.

According to the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management, Sadiya Farouq, members from the same family cannot receive money more than once.

Farouq disclosed this on Tuesday, while responding to questions at the Presidential Task Force briefing on COVID-19.

Addressing claims that two members of a family were paid N20,000 each recently, the minister said it was highly impossible for such to happen.

“This is near impossible because the process involved is a very tedious process, where all critical stakeholders in the community are involved.

“The community leaders and the faith-based organisations, the youths and women leaders in that particular community are the ones that come up with the list of poor and vulnerable ones in that community,” the minister said.

She, however, noted that the ministry would investigate the claims, even though it would be almost impossible for such to happen.

Meanwhile, she disclosed that the government is set to expand the social register for palliative distribution by employing digital models including the use of Bank Verification Number (BVN).

This, according to her, will be faster and make the distribution process more effective.

Farouq also addressed other issues such as the distribution of the 70,000 grains approved by the president to the three states that have been placed on lockdown, as well as other frontline states.

“So far, we’ve deployed 279 trucks of these grains to these three affected states (Lagos, Ogun and the FCT),” she said.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/04/21/covid-19-palliatives-family-members-cant-receive-double-money-says-fg/

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by daddytime(m): 11:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
How apt...

A disaster, managing a ministry of disaster.

This government's only round peg in a corresponding round hole.

What an mtchewwww.

This bitch is trying so hard to be the Diezani of this regime, but alas, Diezani fine pass you even in the other way grin

227 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by puremaker7(m): 11:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
This government na disaster

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by Jostoman: 12:08am On Apr 22, 2020
Useless government of disaster

91 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 22, 2020
Make una forget all this long story begin share money joor. Anyway last last dem go just snap some pictures come talk say dem don share money

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by mannobi(m): 1:48am On Apr 22, 2020
This woman is a big disaster in this country. Her own lies stinks aloud. The same sharing that has been going on since 2016 and nobody noticed it until corona exposed her before she admitted that some southern States are not captured in her register.
What a disgrace to womanhood

209 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by Maxymilliano(m): 4:51am On Apr 22, 2020
This woman is just as incompetent as her male counterparts in this government

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by clevvermind(m): 5:35am On Apr 22, 2020
God will surely punish our leaders for their wickedness.

91 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by orisa37: 6:00am On Apr 22, 2020
YES WHAT ABOUT THE APPEAL OF PENSIONERS? FG HAS THEIR ACCOUNT NUMBERS & BVN. THEY SHOULD BE FIRST TO COLLECT PALLIATIVES. BECAUSE THEY'RE OLD AND INFIRMED.

107 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by helinues: 6:01am On Apr 22, 2020
Where is the single payment?

undecided sad

6 Likes

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by mushystuff: 6:33am On Apr 22, 2020
What of the woman and her child that were given 20k each? Is the video a lie then?

24 Likes

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by bigeliot(m): 6:52am On Apr 22, 2020
But when it comes to voting u bastards u will pay us to go and call our ancestors o. Mad govt

15 Likes

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by Flyingngel(m): 7:27am On Apr 22, 2020
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by sunshineV(f): 7:33am On Apr 22, 2020
So my family are in Lagos and I'm in ilorin

if my family receive 20k in Lagos I'll die of hunger in ilorin

Smh for this damn country. How did I get here

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:35am On Apr 22, 2020
But each family member is paying tax nah

You people should pay up afterall this is the first time all Nigerians will benefit anything from this government

Do you deliberate this much when you guys spend our monies on exotic cars, sitting allowances, furniture
wardrobe allowances, traveling and on your families

Modified
princdebola201:
if each member of family re paying tax how come nigerians paying tax is not up to 10% of the population ??
The paddy paddy employed by the government handling the tax should answer that

But I can tell you that they enforce the payment of tax in companies, institution and what have you

The question is, why are they not remitting it or they they remitting and someone at the top is not telling us the truth

I know alot of people that has worked in an establishment and when they ask for tax clearance certificate, they will bring it is all they say till that employee leaves that establishment!!!

And it continues like that!

When they spoke about TIN earlier this year, I knew it can't work because so many high ranking officials will be exposed!!!

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by manmade(m): 7:40am On Apr 22, 2020
Who says this people don't know what they were doing ?When they wanted to start the distribution of the 20k palliative they started from the northern states despite the out outcry that none of those states was on lockdown now it's the time for the distribution of the grains they are starting from the 2 lockdown state and fct . Una well done oo

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by SocialJustice: 7:46am On Apr 22, 2020
Why can't family members get paid? So if 1 person is paid in a vulnerable family of 4, that person will cater for the others? Na wa.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by cRobo: 7:52am On Apr 22, 2020
Lubbish
Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by princdebola201(m): 7:57am On Apr 22, 2020
sunshineV:
So my family are in Lagos and I'm in ilorin

if my family receive 20k in Lagos I'll die of hunger in ilorin

Smh for this damn country. How did I get here
they should send ur own share to your account we re in 21st century

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by princdebola201(m): 7:59am On Apr 22, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
But each family member is paying tax nah

You people should pay up afterall this is the first time all Nigerians will benefit anything from this government

Do you deliberate this much when you guys spend our monies on exotic cars, sitting allowances, furniture
wardrobe allowances, traveling and on your families
if each member of family re paying tax how come nigerians paying tax is not up to 10% of the population ??

4 Likes

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by Jj222(f): 8:09am On Apr 22, 2020
This is Apc government Is a big scam

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by Jj222(f): 8:10am On Apr 22, 2020
Apc government Is a big scam

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by omoakoraye: 8:14am On Apr 22, 2020
Sure
Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by heartbraker(m): 8:14am On Apr 22, 2020
Talkative and audio government

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by beautyhd: 8:14am On Apr 22, 2020
What is wrong with two family members receiving a meagre sum of 20k in naira that can neither buy 1 bag of local nor foreign rice, whereas Canadian govt is paying 625k naira equivalent and shame allowed you to talk this one.

Some family members are already with their different families while staying together in a family house. So, you will give a grown man with wife and maybe 3 kids 20k to share with 3 other siblings with their spouses and kids without causing fight.

Madam, reason for once this 20k supposed to be per head, we have the money and it can go round.

With all this epistle, I hope it's not audio money.

Nonsense and ingredients.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Members Can’t Receive Double Money, Says FG by ForeThinker: 8:14am On Apr 22, 2020
Selfish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Station Burnt In Aba, NDLEA Official Killed At Ariaria Market / Meet Saratu Umar, The NIPC Boss Sacked By Both Buhari And GEJ Over Same Issue / Buhari Will Not Know Peace, If Niger Delta Knows No Peace – Tompolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.