Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,359 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? (89921 Views)

2023 Election: We Represent The Poor - SDP's Adewole Adebayo Reveals Strategy / Let It Be Known That Ipob Does Not Represent The Entire Igbo Tribe / I Am In The Presidential Race To Represent The Youths – Jerry Gana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Amotekun777: 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
Not funny.... such an anomaly,

bt i think a Governor Earns more than A Senator, Rep or Minister

Dude, that's NOT the point. The point is all these fools we refer to as Politicians are ROGUES and Criminals! Simple.

1 Like

Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Insectkiller: 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
No!

The pictorial representation of Governor should have been well positioned above the Senator.

Then, we can say it's d true picture..

The wickked politician actually live fat while d ordinary citizen hardly see anything to eat/live on crumbs.

Anyways, let Dem see my booobs on livecam and pay for stressfee

Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by BetterPoison: 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
SoNature:

The only senator that may earn more than a governor is the senate president

The governors of Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Lagos and Delta earn and control more money than the senate president.
because of their IGR
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Okoronkwow(m): 6:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by vikstandon(m): 6:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
Governors earn more than Senators...The more reason a Senator could relinquish his seat to run for gubernatorial election.
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by 1stola: 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:

Don't earn as much but steals much more.
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by dickson617(m): 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
Dedetwo:
No. Where are the granddaddy of all, the president and vice?
Na them they pump the water
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Ifebazz(m): 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Officially, maybe not, but they have several conduits to make much more than the Senators and Reps put together. The Governors that is.
SadiqBabaSani:

Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Shattuck(m): 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Primenet:

Really, you mean Governors earn more than Senators? Why does Governors go for Senators after finishing their tenures as Governors?

What's the motivation?
in senate there is no tenure limit while a gov can only serve too terms,in terms of who earns more officially I dont know but unofficial/corruption a gov has more access to funds that a senator yes a corrupt gov earns more than a corrupt senator.
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Shattuck(m): 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Primenet:

Really, you mean Governors earn more than Senators? Why does Governors go for Senators after finishing their tenures as Governors?

What's the motivation?
in senate there is no tenure limit while a gov can only serve too terms,in terms of who earns more officially I dont know but unofficial/corruption a gov has more access to funds that a senator yes a corrupt governor earns more than a corrupt senator.
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Bar1941(m): 7:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
ThePrima:

The same reason why some senators aspire to be governors - career politicians need political power to remain relevant and useful to their friends and family.

Governors has maximum of 2 terms, house members can be there for as long as they want.
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by kings4sera(m): 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
This is when oil price was booming, now we drink our oil undecided
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Emmanuelcann: 7:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
Of course!
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by chaloskyx: 8:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
which one is yes or no we need action not a reaffirmation of what we already know is the norm here and is still being practised even in the face of impending doom with covid 19
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by ogbologbo1000(m): 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:

Salary!
Not stealing money
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by verifiablefacts: 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
Primenet:
Does this picture represent the true nature of Nigeria? Reply "Yes" or "No"
so you mean not a single drop for the workers?
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by ACE1010: 9:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
haba na, how can a governor earn more?
It's like saying LG chairmen earn more than commissioners.
modified
Biko, I have learnt my lessons, people should stop insulting me

You don't understand the angle the
poster is viewing the issue from have .....if you don't know, you don't know. If you , know say I!!!! And the I's have it cheesy cheesy
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Kay25(m): 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
Primenet:

What's the motivation?
for cover up and immunity
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Lamize: 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
grin
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Viciyke00(m): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
Primenet:

What's the motivation?

To stay relevant in Government and also to chop free money again

Regardless, Governor earns more
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Kinematics: 10:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
1stola:

Don't earn as much but steals much more.

How can a senator earn more than a governor?
A senator that runs for election for just few LGAs of a state and the governor does same, but from the whole state?

Use your head naa... it's like saying a governor earns more than the president grin

Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by MichaelUweh(m): 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
A Governor of any states of Nigeria controls more money than a Senate President of Nigeria
SoNature:

The only senator that may earn more than a governor is the senate president

The governors of Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Lagos and Delta earn and control more money than the senate president.
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by 1stola: 11:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kinematics:

How can a senator earn more than a governor?
A senator that runs for election for just few LGAs of a state and the governor does same, but from the whole state?

Use your head naa... it's like saying a governor earns more than the president grin
Olodo

What's the total renumeration for both?

Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
the state earn more not the governor's.

The state's money is technically the governor's. You don't have a say on how and where it's spent and you have no idea where it goes. The state's money is basically the governor's pocket money.
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Liutay(m): 12:02am On Apr 24, 2020
round1:
Heart breaking picture. op please bring it down

Are you serious?
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Ultimate007: 12:05am On Apr 24, 2020
Primenet:
Does this picture represent the true nature of Nigeria? Reply "Yes" or "No"
Absolutely correct ��
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by manikspears: 2:22am On Apr 24, 2020
DabuIIIT:

He will yeah Kwa!!!!

Hunger Sha!!!
grin

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by Kinematics: 6:16am On Apr 24, 2020
1stola:

[s]Olodo

What's the total renumeration for both?[/s]

Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by 1stola: 7:02am On Apr 24, 2020
[quote author=Kinematics post=88788650][/quote]
The only thing missing in that thing on your neck.
Fix and use it!
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by zedegit: 10:34am On Apr 24, 2020
[/b]
Primenet:
Does this picture represent the true nature of Nigeria? Reply [b]"Yes" or "No"

Yes.

What do you call a lawmaker that is given millions in wardrobe, car allowance etc apart from his salary yet frustrating another person on #30 000 minimum wage which his dog feeds on weekly.
Re: Salary: Does This Picture Represent The True State Of Nigeria? by zedegit: 10:39am On Apr 24, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:

Is it based on salary or kickbacks?

There were allocations for LG but some governors erased LG election and opted for transition chairmen who they paid pittance.

Many would accept such offers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peeled Leather Chair Of Osagie Emmanuel Ehanire, Nigeria's Minister Of Health / SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit / Peter Obi's Reaction After INEC Postponed Election (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.