Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG (59085 Views)

Looting: Release All COVID-19 Palliatives Now, NLC Tells Govts / NLC Tells Workers To Prepare For Indefinite Strike, / Stockpile Foodstuffs Before November 6 - NLC Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 3:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
Jostoman:
wickedness dey this government blood.
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
allthingsgood:
[s][/s]

stop talking trash
no government planned for corona

Governments organised their society to be resilient to disasters including pandemics. Keep making excuses for useless Nigerian leaders.
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by phazotron(m): 3:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
Koolking:

Never assume the worst. No hell will be let loose if govt extends the lockdown. Humans are selfish and would always want what's best for him/her. Govt on the other hand wants what's best for all. People are hungry, I get it, but trust me, no one wants to put himself at a disadvantage position with govt.
Govt is hit the hardest with the lockdown.
With no vaccine against COVID-19, human race is on the brink of extinction. Extreme situation requires extreme measures. I support any measure by govt to curb the spread. This is the only option available to us.
Human has a tendency to adjust and adapt to any situation. After God is govt.

Oga our govt doesn't want the best for us. They are a curse upon us. If they did want the best for us they would have locked up the airports after the Italian man got in
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Temysteve(m): 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
allthingsgood:
i think the deaths need to get to a number that will force nigerians to have common sense
Buhari should lift the lockdown and let people die by choice. By the time you bury your parents and children nobody will tell u before u enter house and lock door
I don't blame you for saying such and being inconsiderate, I presume everything is available @ your end from foodstuffs to being financially buoyant. People are out there going hungry day and night, they find it difficult to even eat once in a day let alone having 3 meal per day. You don't have to go out before you contact covid19, you can have it right there in your houz because it's very contagious. So don't run your mouth anyhow, keep shut if you don't know what to say.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by newisd75: 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
The Fg are thinking much about the coronavirus, d have not look at d danger that can b cause by d hunger virus. an extending of d lock down will cause people 2 come out massively 2 protest, due 2 hunger virus, which will result 2 revolution b 4 2021
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Temysteve(m): 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
seunlayi:
stop comparing USA with Naija. Naija may relax it if all including the govt can cooperate. Take it or leave it, things can't return to normal for now. I can see many job loss, many business folding...... Let's just start planning to go back to the farm. The occupation given to us by God. I have started in my little way already, just waiting for the rain to bless the soil
just shut up.
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Temysteve(m): 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
KingOzigi:

You're so inconsiderate. How will common sense cure hunger and armed robbery? Lock down can be partially lifted and enforce the use of ppe's since parliatives aren't coming forth.
You are doing well��

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Jostoman: 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
B3sty:

Honestly, I know How Much I've Lost as a Result of this Lockdown, I don't just want to sound partial and at the same time being careful to avoid the Spread of the Virus. Do u think we can contain Covid 19 when it spiral out of Control?
oga forget this your preaching, people are seriously hungry.
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Rapmoney(m): 4:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
seunlayi:

If man can survive war with little food, why can't we just do the same now and battle the chain of Covid-19? I hope people won't learn in a harder way.

To those quoting me:
It is now many are fond in the habit of eating heavily while doing less with limited or no income instead of sitting down with family and plan on whatever is available, manage or ration it... This is better than the situation that you will see food and you won't be able to eat it when the foods feel like paper in your mouth. I v bn thru a lot, I know what I m saying.

If not for the lockdown, this virus would have been working freely in our communities by now

Senseless comment!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Tonytonex(m): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
AkeNathan:
Well done

Even trump is opening US economy in a week or two
what about the palliatives Trump give to her citizens? you didn't see that one.
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Tboy1419: 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
Vloml222:

The US has tested over 4 million persons. Still their health experts have said until the US have enough testing capabilities to test everyone the economy shouldn't be opened.

Our government is fighting this the wrong way. Either ways, the economy suffers. Lift the lockdown now and we will see the resurgence and massive increase of confirmed cases and because of our poor testing ability, more persons will get infected really fast and same economy you're trying to protect now will suffer more then.

Let's not even forget the current struggle with falling oil prices. If we survive this we have bigger issues to worry about.

My take is, this lockdown should stay until we are sure we can test more persons.
. Because you have enough food in your house that's why you want the lock down to be extended, you don't know how hungry people are, you don't even have human conscience, can you give someone 10k from your wallet, you want people to stay another 14days without electricity, without food, without work, you are very wicked and heartless human being.
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by allthingsgood: 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
Temysteve:
I don't blame you for saying such and being inconsiderate, I presume everything is available @ your end from foodstuffs to being financially buoyant. People are out there going hungry day and night, they find it difficult to even eat once in a day let alone having 3 meal per day. You don't have to go out before you contact covid19, you can have it right there in your houz because it's very contagious. So don't run your mouth anyhow, keep shut if you don't know what to say.

Feel better now

ok, remain indoors!
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by allthingsgood: 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
GeneralShepherd:

Governments organised their society to be resilient to disasters including pandemics. Keep making excuses for useless Nigerian leaders.

Like which governments so far

Keep blabbing
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by allthingsgood: 4:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
Etinosa1234:

U don't understand calculation...

Covid has killed jus 170,000 pple around the world.

Hunger according to stats has killed 25,000 per day...

Hunger is more deadly than covid

Ok but stay indoors and keep wailing
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Tboy1419: 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
blowjohn:

U mean CNN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU7eXja2HxI
. Number one fake news media

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by mvem(m): 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2020
allthingsgood:

Pls provide statistics of the people that died from hunger, as u said
please go through this

https://www.theworldcounts.com/challenges/people-and-poverty/hunger-and-obesity/how-many-people-die-from-hunger-each-year
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by MUTERIKA(m): 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
allthingsgood:
i think the deaths need to get to a number that will force nigerians to have common sense
Buhari should lift the lockdown and let people die by choice. By the time you bury your parents and children nobody will tell u before u enter house and lock door
You people will just be shouting death anyhow. If asked to mention one fatality without underlying illness, wahala go happen. let the aged and sick stay home. let the young ones hustle and work. putting peoples life on unnecessary hold would not cut it. Finished school, NYSC is suspended indefinitely, is the Government going to increase minimum age for employment? Just because you can afford to eat, no matter how little doesn't mean others can. Provide mask, enforce its usage and allow us work and survive. The aim of lockdown is to prevent us from death, ironically, hunger will cause more.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Tboy1419: 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
Koolking:

Never assume the worst. No hell will be let loose if govt extends the lockdown. Humans are selfish and would always want what's best for him/her. Govt on the other hand wants what's best for all. People are hungry, I get it, but trust me, no one wants to put himself at a disadvantage position with govt.
Govt is hit the hardest with the lockdown.
With no vaccine against COVID-19, human race is on the brink of extinction. Extreme situation requires extreme measures. I support any measure by govt to curb the spread. This is the only option available to us.
Human has a tendency to adjust and adapt to any situation. After God is govt.
stupid suggestions, it's like you have enough food in your house, you don't know how others are feeling in this luck down.
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by lebienconnu: 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
echibuogwu:
U are incredibly dumb, First of all malaria is deadlier but it has a cure and very cheap. Nigeria health sector is very bad and won’t be able to accommodate the numerous sick people if this stuff should get out of control, with the high rate of illiterates how many will be able to use a face mask correctly or wash hands regularly, with how congested Lagos is do u have any idea how easy and quick the virus will spread, then with little number of ventilators and high number is sick people, doctors will start making decisions on who to die or who not to die, even people who should have survived will die because of poor medical conditions. Make una use una head na. This is a decision between food and death. My own advice is that govt should provide means where people will be able to get food easily in times like this and the lock down should not be lifted till will start getting good results.

it Is possible for you to express your oppinion witjout insult. Try it and see yourself command more respect. In debates, people with different oppinions rub minds together, argue their points based on experience, knowledge and belief.

Long before the WHO affirmed it, I had deduced that coronavirus will be with us for a long time. The FG has convinced us beyond reasonable doubt that it cannot provide free food for the citizens like USA or UK. if food can be provided then total lockdown is totally justifiable. Did the elders not say that hunger takes precedence over all matter? I would rather risk ontracting coronavirus than watching my kids die of hunger. Life itself is full of risk already.

The elders say "We should put the yam in the fire while we look for the knife". While the scientists are looking for the vaccine we should up our personal hygiene game and continue living our normal life.

This is my humble oppinion.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
Vloml222:

The US has tested over 4 million persons. Still their health experts have said until the US have enough testing capabilities to test everyone the economy shouldn't be opened.

Our government is fighting this the wrong way. Either ways, the economy suffers. Lift the lockdown now and we will see the resurgence and massive increase of confirmed cases and because of our poor testing ability, more persons will get infected really fast and same economy you're trying to protect now will suffer more then.

Let's not even forget the current struggle with falling oil prices. If we survive this we have bigger issues to worry about.

My take is, this lockdown should stay until we are sure we can test more persons.

Ma abeg I made the opinion because as a hustler we eat on days we hustle.

How long can I continue like this. What I do now is to farm for people and get stipends in ebonyi. People like us are having ulcer thats why i said i support removing of lock down.

Please i know im too greedy but 2k will take me far am on my knees.

0216153603. GT bank.

May i find favor from u in Jesus name and my God bless u. Thanks as i claim using faith.
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Tboy1419: 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
eyizlive:
Some ppl here think bcuz dey come from wealthy families they're safe...if God want to punish u dey shud extend d lockdown for a whole month...then you'll remember that airports are locked n u can't even runaway.
Are u trying to put a pandemic (3% fatality) over a relapse in an already poor economy? Are u mad?
. God bless you sir, all those supporting luck down are the once that have enough food or there fathers are rich, very stupid ideas.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by echibuogwu(m): 5:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ok I’m sorry for the insult, you should know that where’s there is life there’s hop, we shouldn’t put our lives on unnecessary risk, my point is that instead of shouting for cancellation of the lockdown let’s look for a solution to this hunger problem
lebienconnu:

it Is possible for you to express your oppinion witjout insult. Try it and see yourself command more respect. In debates, people with different oppinions rub minds together, argue their points based on experience, knowledge and belief.

Long before the WHO affirmed it, I had deduced that coronavirus will be with us for a long time. The FG has convinced us beyond reasonable doubt that it cannot provide free food for the citizens like USA or UK. if food can be provided then total lockdown is totally justifiable. Did the elders not say that hunger takes precedence over all matter? I would rather risk ontracting coronavirus than watching my kids die of hunger. Life itself is full of risk already.

The elders say "We should put the yam in the fire while we look for the knife". While the scientists are looking for the vaccine we should up our personal hygiene game and continue living our normal life.

This is my humble oppinion.
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Tunks2017(m): 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
Useless Nlc

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by yom2(m): 5:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
eyizlive:
Some ppl here think bcuz dey come from wealthy families they're safe...if God want to punish u dey shud extend d lockdown for a whole month...then you'll remember that airports are locked n u can't even runaway.
Are u trying to put a pandemic (3% fatality) over a relapse in an already poor economy? Are u mad?
they are all hypocrites. Its now they care about human lifes

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Koolking(m): 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
Tboy1419:
stupid suggestions, it's like you have enough food in your house, you don't know how others are feeling in this luck down.

My advice to you: You need to stop doing drugs and start taking your school works serious, else you will keep struggling to pass your WAEC
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Koolking(m): 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
phazotron:

Oga our govt doesn't want the best for us. They are a curse upon us. If they did want the best for us they would have locked up the airports after the Italian man got in

Ok
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Koolking(m): 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
fortran12:

Humans at the brink of extinction over a virus that has a less mortality rate than malaria? Check the numbers and see its all hype.

Ok
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
allthingsgood:

Like which governments so far

Keep blabbing

Hmmmm...

Canada is providing for her citizens at home...($2k per month)
Australia ($3k per month)

USA ($1k5 one time payment)

I can go on but it is obvious you are a government troll
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by yom2(m): 5:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
allthingsgood:
[s][/s]

Unsupported by evidence
The virus still keeps spreading in Nigeria

Stay home and complain from there ok
Oga we are talking about 200 million people at random. U can't effectively man ur borders na virus u won ton man with irrational lockdown
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by allthingsgood: 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
yom2:
Oga we are talking about 200 million people at random. U can't effectively man ur borders na virus u won ton man with irrational lockdown

No body is manning virus. Thats ridiculous sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Osun State Is Paying Full 18,000 Wage, But Anambra Can Not Pay Full 18,000 Wage. / Peter Obi On Bourdillon Road Without Security Details (Throwback Photos) / Zakari & Alysa Wed: Governor Sule Attends Son's Wedding In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.