Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,723 members, 7,851,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:08 PM

Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy (4566 Views)

Peter Obi Delivers Keynote On Governance, Trade & African Unity In Nairobi,Kenya / President Tinubu Departs Nairobi After AU Meeting (Video, Photos) / INEC Chairman, Yakubu, Attends Briefing On The Kenya Election In Nairobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by helinues: 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
Why are your government not giving any palliative items to their citizens?
Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by joshjc(m): 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
Answer me what secret service are you working for,who sent you to spy on us,lol

What's your perspective about Nigerians,and is it true that Kenya's also vote due totribal sentiment, I heard Kenyatta won because he's from the largest tribe in kenya is it true?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by Randerl: 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mods please move this thread to the Jokes Section of NL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 5:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
helinues:

Corruption at the highest levels. They would rather line their pockets with cash than see the normal citizen benefit from donor funds.

Better you guys have received something from the government here not even bar soap.

And if you are late to get to your house by 7pm the police clobber you for fun and let you go home.
Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 5:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
helinues:
Corruption at the highest levels. They would rather line their pockets with cash than see the normal citizen benefit from donor funds.

Better you guys have received something from the government here not even bar soap.

And if you are late to get to your house by 7pm the police clobber you for fun and let you go home.
Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by AceRoot(m): 5:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
Hello NairobiMan,
how much of Nigerian movies and music are available and patronized in Kenya ? And what outlets carry Nigerian news and current affairs?
Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 5:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
joshjc:

What's your perspective about Nigerians,and is it true that Kenya's also vote due totribal sentiment, I heard Kenyatta won because he's from the largest tribe in kenya is it true?
Am not a spy. And yes people here vote for their tribe. It is a shithole country still because the tribesmen voted in steal billions and are not jailed.

The judges in courts bribed and the same thief's are given high government offices after stealing. No place in Africa is safe

7 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 5:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
joshjc:

Am not a spy as much as I would want to be one like Ethan Hunt in Mission Impossible hehehe.

And yes people here vote for their tribe. It is a shithole country still because the tribesmen voted in steal billions and are not jailed.

The judges in courts bribed and the same thief's are given high government offices after stealing. No place in Africa is safe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
AceRoot:
Hello NairobiMan,
how much of Nigerian movies and music are available and patronized in Kenya ? And what outlets carry Nigerian news and current affairs?

Local channels air Naija movies everyday mid morning, afternoon and late night almost every weekday.

In 2000-2012 naija movies were the in thing around these streets. Nowadays with the internet being cheap, people can stream YouTube or download movies or buy movies at movie shops.

As for music, the tunes are patronized well in radio stations, public transport buses and bars

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by AceRoot(m): 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
KenyaNairobiGuy:

Local channels air Naija movies everyday mid morning, afternoon and late night almost every weekday.

In 2000-2012 naija movies were the in thing around these streets. Nowadays with the internet being cheap, people can stream YouTube or download movies or buy movies at movie shops.

As for music, the tunes are patronized well in radio stations, public transport buses and bars

Thank you for the info. And please can 5000 Kenyan Shillings get you Unlimited fast Internet ? Is the market competitive ?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 6:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
AceRoot:

Thank you for the info. And please can 5000 Kenyan Shillings get you Unlimited fast Internet ? Is the market competitive ?

For that amount you get unlimited Super fast Fibre Optic internet.

Myself I use Airtel Unliminet offer 30days 12GB @ 1,000 for browsing and watsapp

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by AceRoot(m): 6:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
KenyaNairobiGuy:

For that amount you get unlimited Super fast Fibre Optic internet.

Myself I use Airtel Unliminet offer 30days 12GB @ 1,000 for browsing and watsapp

Thank you and cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by Kinematics: 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
OP for your own good do not reply any tribal question, else your thread will become a field for tribal war.

Continue to keep it clean and avoid the tribalistic clowns.

9 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kinematics:
OP for your own good do not reply any tribal question, else your thread will become a field for tribal war.

I understand. The thread went south very fast.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by Asuito7(m): 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kinematics:

good one here. Please op adhere to this advice else you will be shocked on how your thread went down on a fighting lane. I am learning about your country from the questions asked.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by omonnakoda: 7:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
Do you have jazz in Kenya?
Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by nextdoor84(m): 7:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
Thanks OP for this amazing thread!
You should also ask us anything you want to know about our country Nigeria and we shall surely oblige you.

Just Ignore those useless set of Africans who think they can sell their tribes by discrediting others.

To you tribalist: Just remember, when you go outside of Nigeria your useless tribal affiliation ends at the airport. No one really cares if you are Hausa, Igbo or Ijaw etc. To the outside world we are all Nigerians. If you want to be addressed separately then advocate for an independent country for you tribe.

6 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 7:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
omonnakoda:
Do you have jazz in Kenya?

Very few artistes play or practise jazz as it is associated as music for the the rich.

I do enjoy Fela Kuti music in my case since my campus days.

Here roots reggae and dancehall are very common with the youth and older generation. That's why reggae artistes come to perform in Kenya .

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by nisai: 7:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
KenyaNairobiGuy:

Very few artistes play or practise jazz as it is associated as music for the the rich.

Here roots reggae and dancehall are very common with the youth and older generation. That's why reggae artistes come to perform in Kenya .
mogbe! grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by omonnakoda: 7:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
nisai:
mogbe! grin grin grin grin
LWKMD

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 7:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
nextdoor84:
Thanks OP for this amazing thread!
You should also ask us anything you want to know about our country Nigeria and we shall surely oblige you.

Just Ignore those useless set of Africans who think they can sell their tribes by discrediting others.

To you tribalist: Just remember, when you go outside of Nigeria your useless tribal affiliation ends at the airport. No one really cares if you are Hausa, Igbo or Ijaw etc. To the outside world we are all Nigerians. If you want to be addressed separately then advocate for an independent country for you tribe.

Personally I have been coming to nairaland ocassionally since 2013 as a guest. I love to read. There is a lot of enjoyable material here especially on the literature section.

Nigeria has not lost its culture ways. There is much of an African feel to the way you write and express yourselves through music, literature and poems.

Like the way Chinua Achebe wrote, he took mee to a journey to Nigeria and I understood what he was writing about and I have never been there.

13 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by Kinematics: 8:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
KenyaNairobiGuy:

I believe the person was referring to JUJU aka black magic aka witchcraft.

I believe with time on this thread you'll understand some Nigerian slangs/expressions.

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by omonnakoda: 8:02pm On Apr 23, 2020
KenyaNairobiGuy:

grin grin grin. Hmm

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by omonnakoda: 8:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
KenyaNairobiGuy:

Sorry but I meant things like spells and magic
Anyway Fela might be considered a jazzman

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything Kenya, Nairobi Guy by KenyaNairobiGuy: 8:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kinematics:

I believe the person was referring to JUJU aka black magic aka witchcraft.

I believe with time on this thread you'll understand some Nigerian slangs/expressions.

I get it now. He meant jazz G. Hehehe

No we don't practise witchcraft. But there is small small places you will hear of bizarre stories from particular tribes but not on the daily.

It is very rare here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lekki -- A City With No Government / Breaking News: Apc-kwakwanso Steps Down For Buhari / BUSTED! Tension As Nigeria Doles Out $258m For Saudi Mercenaries To Face NDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.