Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients (59207 Views)

Spanish Hospital Where Coughing Coronavirus Patients Lay On Floor Of Corridor / Coronavirus Patients On Life Support In Italian Quarantine Centre (Graphic Pix) / Some Coronavirus Patients Gave Wrong Information - Lagos Commissioner For Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
vivaciousvivi:

Assuming this to be valid, would anyone create a biological weapon without some sort of antidote?
Why go through the rigours of watching your own citizens die, put undue pressure on your economy And still not have a cure?
Can that be possible though?

Whoever or whatever group created it has the cure. As for watching citizens die and pressuring the economy that is a small issue for such people.

2 Likes

Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Yewandequeen(f): 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2020
iSlayer2:
I read it all.

This disease shows traits of a lab developed biological weapon.
is it not?

We all will be lying to ourselves if we say it's wasn't lab engineered.

1 Like

Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Xisnin(m): 12:31pm On Apr 24, 2020
iSlayer2:

I could give some explanation offhand but I'll direct you somewhere. They're saying something akin to what I would have.
https://fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/doctrine/dod/fm8-9/2ch1.htm

You linked to a political organization's website and the funny thing is that you didn't bother to read the content.

Here is their definition.

Biological Weapon. A biological weapon is an item of material which projects, disperses, or disseminates a biological agent; including arthropod vectors.

Biological Agent (BA). The NATO definition of a biological agent is: a microorganism (or a toxin derived from it) which causes disease in man, plants or animals or which causes the deterioration of material.

From further discussion on the site, it is clear that any disease that is infectious, virulent, and toxic can be potentially used as a biological weapon.

However, it makes zero sense to call something a biological weapon when you have no evidence of it being used as a weapon.
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Tedpgrass: 12:34pm On Apr 24, 2020
flamingREED:
Vitamin K.

My suggestion.

You mean Vitamin E..

K makes the clotting worse

Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
Xisnin:

You linked to a political organization's website and the funny thing is that you didn't bother to read the content.

Here is their definition.

From further discussion on the site, it is clear that any disease that is infectious, virulent, and toxic can be potentially used as a biological weapon.

However, it makes zero sense to call something a biological weapon when you have no evidence of it being used as a weapon.
[/s]

You're not smart at all. No problem.
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Xisnin(m): 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
iSlayer2:

You're not smart at all. No problem.
What a dunce!
I suspected you are just like the rest parroting baseless conspiracies with no understanding
of the core issues.
I was right after all.

You are so lazy that you couldn't even read a short passage before linking to it
or you couldn't understand the simple language employed in there.
SMH.
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
Xisnin:

What a dunce!
I suspected you are just like the rest parroting baseless conspiracies with no understanding
of the core issues.
I was right after all.

You are so lazy that you couldn't even read a short passage before linking to it
or you couldn't understand the simple language employed in there.
SMH.
[/s]

Bye chump.
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Neoteny7: 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2020
iSlayer2:

The traits are there.

Nope

It does not say anything about SARS-CoV-2 having traits of lab tinkering.

And your earlier statement specifically said you yourself noted the traits. So kindly tell us what you observed.
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by larryking540: 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2020
Niggmatic:

Are you a microbiologist?

Yapp
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2020
Neoteny7:

Nope

It does not say anything about SARS-CoV-2 having traits of lab tinkering.

And your earlier statement specifically said you yourself noted the traits. So kindly tell us what you observed.

I said it showed traits of being a biological weapon. And the traits are there on the site (under the characteristics of a biological agent).
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Niggmatic: 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2020
larryking540:

Yapp

Hmm
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by larryking540: 1:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
janeobasi24:

You are right.... I'm a Microbiologist too..... I have been saying there is more to this virus!!!!!

There is more to this virus ,
1. The people mostly affected in 9ja are those that run foreign trips and foreign medical check up ,that is to tell you they have been injected with a particular strain of vaccine that the convid can trive successfully in their system ..

2. Most Africa living home in Africa don't even get sick of this virus ,that's y they are tired of this stay at home stuff .

3. It's a pity naija has poor medical facility , because right now if u mention u have fever ,na corona the doctors go first tink go ,so right now most parent prefer to treat their fever at home .

Where I work outside 9ja it's a 7 star hospital no black person has been rolled in a stretcher before ...so who ever created this crazy virus knows it will be difficulty to affect the black man ,how many black men take foreign medical check up ,

What we have to be careful about is the type of vaccine that is been sent into 9ja as form of immunization stuff ,,,

9ja must develop it's Medical facility

1 Like

Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Neoteny7: 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
iSlayer2:

I said it showed traits of being a biological weapon. And the traits are there on the site (under the characteristics of a biological agent).

Nope

What you said was it showed traits of a lab developed biological weapon. Your statement is shown below.

You've not told us what those traits are, specifically the traits of being lab-developed. Your link mentions the usual characteristics of viral pathogens such as virulence, infectiousness, contagiousness etc. Nothing about traits of lab-developed pathogens.

Bioweapons dont have to be produced in a lab, if i get a live sample of any deadly virus and release it with intent to cause harm, that's bioterorrism using the pathogen as a weapon. The only mechanism to weaponize a natural pathogen is to release it in sufficient quantity to cause harm.

Now, since neither you nor your link specifically mentioned traits or characteristics of lab-developed bioweapons, i'll chalk your statement down to mischief.

And since you also cannot provide any evidence that SARS-CoV-2 was deliberately released as a bioweapon i'll chalk it down to double mischief.

Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
flamingREED:
Vitamin K.

My suggestion.

Vitamin K? To increase the blood clot? Or what?
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Legendguru: 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2020
hmmmm
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by DanJimmy(m): 3:11pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mobi47:
These Chinese doctors wants to deal with us, the way they are mutating and mixing up covid 19 with other disease especially in the USA. Nigeria's Govt biggest mistake is the invitation of Chinese doctors into Nigeria. That's our biggest mistake, don't ever trust the Chinese people. Every countries around the world is against China presently but our foolish govt with no direction, invited them. Our doctors were in charge of the situation prior to the arrival of the Chinese guys but now, our doctors don't even know what they are facing. This govt no get sense at all, see how Good luck Jonathan's govt dealt with Ebola in just 2-4 weeks.

Many Nigerian doctors have come out to say they have a cure, but our stupid govt has been ignoring these doctors claims, instead of working with them. Was this not how the GEJ govt allied with Nigerian doctors and came up with a cure for Ebola even when WHO and The US said we must not use the cure we discovered... but the GEJ govt used it anyways and cured everyone.

This stupid govt, instead of allying with doctors, make research and discover our own cure (we have the herbs and everything we need for a cure) they are busy following the suggested cure from the Chinese so called doctors who came with ulterior motives and also waiting for recommendations and vaccine from the so called WHO which has strictly been criticized for not revealing vital information on how to manage covid 19.

Now the virus is killing people anyhow in Nigeria and we now have over 900 cases. This govt is too weak and lacks direction....na only God go help us.

WHO which has strictly been criticized for not revealing vital information on how to manage covid 19.
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
Neoteny7:

Nope

What you said was it showed traits of a lab developed biological weapon. Your statement is shown below.

You've not told us what those traits are, specifically the traits of being lab-developed. Your link mentions the usual characteristics of viral pathogens such as virulence, infectiousness, contagiousness etc. Nothing about traits of lab-developed pathogens.

Bioweapons dont have to be produced in a lab, if i get a live sample of any deadly virus and release it with intent to cause harm, that's bioterorrism using the pathogen as a weapon. The only mechanism to weaponize a natural pathogen is to release it in sufficient quantity to cause harm.

Now, since neither you nor your link specifically mentioned traits or characteristics of lab-developed bioweapons, i'll chalk your statement down to mischief.

And since you also cannot provide any evidence that SARS-CoV-2 was deliberately released as a bioweapon i'll chalk it down to double mischief.

I'm very sorry you can't see the simple connection. No problem though.
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by ReeLoaDead(m): 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
Temptee101:
Not funny
Apologies, no offense intended. Though I refer you to your DP tongue
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Neoteny7: 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2020
iSlayer2:

I'm very sorry you can't see the simple connection. No problem though.

The onus is on you to prove your ludicrous claims and so far you've been beating around the bush
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
Neoteny7:

The onus is on you to prove your ludicrous claims and so far you've been beating around the bush

Your initiative is not connecting stuff, what do you want me to do?
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Neoteny7: 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
iSlayer2:

Your initiative is not connecting stuff, what do you want me to do?

Just explicitly and clearly explain what specific traits make you conclude the virus was lab-developed, as well as the specific characteristics that make you conclude it was a bioweapon by design

You're not some 2 year old who does not comprehend what i'm asking

If you make claims on a public forum then either stand by them and prove them, or retract and admit defeat. You won't be less of a man either way.
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by WaleGab: 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

I thought you guys said anything made in China doesn't last.
[/s]
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 24, 2020
Neoteny7:

Just explicitly and clearly explain what specific traits make you conclude the virus was lab-developed, as well as the specific characteristics that make you conclude it was a bioweapon by design

You're not some 2 year old who does not comprehend what i'm asking

If you make claims on a public forum then either stand by them and prove them, or retract and admit defeat. You won't be less of a man either way.

Okay...Typing. I'll get back to you I'm working on something.
Ehen I'm done.

Now, there are characteristics that are common with biological agents. This include high transmissibility, infectivity, virulence/toxicity, stability, has an incubation period, pathogenicity, ease of dissemination etc. So far, the novel coronavirus scores high on almost every of these characteristics except arguably on virulence/toxicity.

Now why is this particular virus likely to be lab engineered. There's been previous cases of Coronavirus infections in the form of Sars and Mers, however both were not even closely as deadly as this one as per all the characteristics listed above. What's to say this particular disease taking into account it's high success is not a modification from an earlier pathogen?

Now looking at the incubation period of the novel coronavirus, in Ebola, during the incubation period of the disease it was non contagious, in Sars also the same thing: non contagious. This two diseases only carried a high risk of infection in the latter stages of sickness, when the patient was nearly dead. But in the coronavirus case the disease is highly contagious within a very short time of entering the host's body. Suspiciously, even in asymptomatic patients too. This ensures the virus can be spread to a very wide range. So far, no coronavirus virus outbreaks has shown this level of infectiousness. Take Ebola for instance, though very fatal, the spread was much slower due to a natural incubation period that saw it non infectious till latter stages. Who's to say this particular strain wasn't engineered just for this purpose?

Now we look at a very key aspect, Reinfection. Naturally, humans develop immunity to such viruses when they recover from illness. This is a naturally existing defense system that developed evolutionarily against viruses. You can't catch the same flu twice, it is impossible. This immunity will usually last years. In Ebola, no known confirmed case of reinfection has ever been reported and based on theory by scientists the chances of reinfection is very rare. Same as Sars, humans developed a natural immune after recovery lasting over 2 years. Now, somehow in the case of this disease, a virus still, it has the capability to reinfect a previous victim within days. How comes?! Is it just a mere coincidence? Who's to say this is not a deliberately and painstakingly lab engineered virus?
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by alexpumpin: 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hmmmmmmm! Naija I hail oooo
Post created to cover the fresh blood stain on Abba Kyari coffin. BMC crew shocked grin grin
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by WaleGab: 7:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
solmus:
maybe that explains the blood stain in Abba Kyari's coffin
[/s]
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Amhappy(f): 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
This virus throwing many challenges to mankind. Maybe if the blood clot issue is addressed we will have higher survival rate
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by muymacho: 9:15pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mobi47:
These Chinese doctors wants to deal with us, the way they are mutating and mixing up covid 19 with other disease especially in the USA. Nigeria's Govt biggest mistake is the invitation of Chinese doctors into Nigeria. That's our biggest mistake, don't ever trust the Chinese people. Every countries around the world is against China presently but our foolish govt with no direction, invited them. Our doctors were in charge of the situation prior to the arrival of the Chinese guys but now, our doctors don't even know what they are facing. This govt no get sense at all, see how Good luck Jonathan's govt dealt with Ebola in just 2-4 weeks.

Many Nigerian doctors have come out to say they have a cure, but our stupid govt has been ignoring these doctors claims, instead of working with them. Was this not how the GEJ govt allied with Nigerian doctors and came up with a cure for Ebola even when WHO and The US said we must not use the cure we discovered... but the GEJ govt used it anyways and cured everyone.

This stupid govt, instead of allying with doctors, make research and discover our own cure (we have the herbs and everything we need for a cure) they are busy following the suggested cure from the Chinese so called doctors who came with ulterior motives and also waiting for recommendations and vaccine from the so called WHO which has strictly been criticized for not revealing vital information on how to manage covid 19.

Now the virus is killing people anyhow in Nigeria and we now have over 900 cases. This govt is too weak and lacks direction....na only God go help us.
Chinese doctors were brought in to treat Abba Kyari. You believed that the government was thinking about you?
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Papichulostunne(m): 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mobi47:

Wrong bros.. We are over 5000 cases
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by kolawo(m): 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2020
That's a great observation. And we had such case in Ekiti State where the woman with COVID-19 entered cardiac arrest during CS. Pray a solution comes our way quickly.
Re: A Mysterious Blood-clotting Complication Is Killing Coronavirus Patients by Amhappy(f): 11:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
kolawo:
That's a great observation. And we had such case in Ekiti State where the woman with COVID-19 entered cardiac arrest during CS. Pray a solution comes our way quickly.

Ewo this is a case study in Nigeria. You people should think of a solution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Uncle Has Large Boils On His Head, Please Save His Health Condition (pics) / Young Flexible Nigerian Girl Stretches Her Body Anyhow (Photos) / Lagos Converts Onikan Stadium To Coronavirus Isolation Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.