Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani (44942 Views)

Keyamo, An Embarrassment To The Legal Profession - Atiku Campaign / Peter Esele: Oshiomhole's Utterances, Huge Embarrassment To Nigeria, APC / Onnoghen: Osinbajo Is An Embarrassment, Should Be Stripped Of SAN Title - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by drlaykay(m): 10:30am On Apr 25, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Get me right. I never said having an app is wrong. But from all indications, the app was not approved by the NCDC. The series of questions you talked about must have been those supplied by NCDC. So an app doing the work of a doctor is not workable. I'm surprised I'm telling you this. An app can get data and submit to a server for proper processing. But for an app to determine who might be infected or not is just not workable. As you know, people may show some symptoms to a higher degree than others. It's a qualitative question not quantitative. No way an app can answer a qualitative question.

Lagos state said on TV they want to do door-to-door search for ppl who may be infected. I believe their targets will be areas that have more people who have tested positive. I watched sanwo-olu say it. So except you're saying he's lying, I don't know what else to think.

You are only talking because u dont have a full knowledge of this subject.
A lot of people designed different algorithms which primarily arrive at same purpose. The virus in question is novel and no one has full knowledge of the virus. So knowledge shouldn't be limited. And such app would not have been developed without the inputs of doctors.

If you know how many people get bounced back at testing centres you will understand better. And you will know there is a need to know when they should visit the hospital and when not to.
Even in the USA, u have to call first and be told whether or not you should come to the hospital or self isolate.
So if u have a app that can tell u when to go for testing instead of unnecessarily roaming the hospital, why not embrace it.
Or do u think an app can't do that?

Judging from your statement, door to door search of people who may be infected means contact tracing in medicine. And its different from door to door testing

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Chizman042: 10:32am On Apr 25, 2020
Bayelsa state is another state that have not start any testing nor position any isolation centre, after confirmed case of delta and river state being the closest to bayelsa yet noting have been done.
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:41am On Apr 25, 2020
sisisioge:

Stop contradicting yourself. You said we've moved past that stage of contact tracking hence containment the best option now. So let them stay indoors and do a first line test with the app before going to the various centres they have for test if need be. Yes, they have testing centres and isolation centres. And yes, same way an asymptomatic person is most unlikely to go get tested is how the app is useless to him/her.

I hope its clearer now...enjoy your morning.
When did I say we've moved past contact tracing? Community transmission is still low in Nigeria. I said new York
Now tell me which is more effective for a populace like kogi with high poverty and low literacy: buy 100 naira credit and dial 0800 970000 or buy 100 naira credit, subscribe data, download an app, install, use and wait for what an app thinks as if it's possible for an app to think. It's simple. An app can't replace a doc. Even NCDC hotline is manned by humans not a machine. The steps in diagnoses are qualitative not quantitative. I'm yet to see an app that does qualitative analysis.
You can help with the list of the testing centres in kogi and their locations. Maybe you built it for them cause even the gov is not aware of their existence. I'll be glad to inform him.
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Benbellamor: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

When did I say we've moved past contact tracing? Community transmission is still low in Nigeria. I said new York
Now tell me which is more effective for a populace like kogi with high poverty and low literacy: buy 100 naira credit and dial 0800 970000 or buy 100 naira credit, subscribe data, download an app, install, use and wait for what an app thinks as if it's possible for an app to think. It's simple. An app can't replace a doc. Even NCDC hotline is manned by humans not a machine. The steps in diagnoses are qualitative not quantitative. I'm yet to see an app that does qualitative analysis.
You can help with the list of the testing centres in kogi and their locations. Maybe you built it for them cause even the gov is not aware of their existence. I'll be glad to inform him.
The Unexisting App HAS NO NAME.. cheesy grin please stop discussing with unintelligent person

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:51am On Apr 25, 2020
drlaykay:

You are only talking because u dont have a full knowledge of this subject.
A lot of people designed different algorithms which primarily arrive at same purpose. The virus in question is novel and no one has full knowledge of the virus. So knowledge shouldn't be limited. And such app would not have been developed without the inputs of doctors.

If you know how many people get bounced back at testing centres you will understand better. And you will know there is a need to know when they should visit the hospital and when not to.
Even in the USA, u have to call first and be told whether or not you should come to the hospital or self isolate.
So if u have a app that can tell u when to go for testing instead of unnecessarily roaming the hospital, why not embrace it.
Or do u think an app can't do that?

Judging from your statement, door to door search of people who may be infected means contact tracing in medicine. And its different from door to door testing

See, let's not go too far. I have a strong haunch there's no app self. But if there is, I'm still surprised you a doc thinks an app can do a diagnosis. Imagine someone suffering from malaria and vomiting, having fever and let's say he has a cough with it. How exactly will the app know it's malaria. The app will probably decide since he has a fever and a cough, he probably has coronavirus thus needs to be tested. Now a doc seeing the guy vomiting will suspect other things as well and even if asking for the person to be tested for coronavirus ask for malaria tests as well. In other words, if the person is negative for coronavirus, he comes back positive for malaria and gets treated. But the so-called app will just say go for test. So can you tell me what difference the app has made in this matter? That's why I said it's a qualitative question not quantitative. I'm sure you'll agree the easiest thing for the US to do is to develop an app. So leaving it at a phone call should tell you they realise an app can't be effective. FYI, US are now moving towards DIY testing like for pregnancy.

Well... You still haven't said if sanwo-olu is lying about door to door he spoke about.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 25, 2020
kikero:
Hmm

I'm going to defend Yahaya bello for once...so here we go

1.An app might be very useful to help diagnosis. Fact is, covid19 presents with several types of known symptoms, so using the app might help.

2.Where the problems arise is, firstly, how many people in Kogi have access to an android phone? Am sure the rural areas don't have enough android phones too

2.Secondly, the basis behind the app is that someone who uses it and finds out he or she is positive....the next thing is to report to NCDC. Setting aside the fact that provisions for reaching an approved center may not be enough, the problem is, someone who may be positive would not report...stigma, and not willing to be isolated.

3.Finally, even if the app ticks you off as covid19 sufferer....you might not be. Fever, cough and breathlessness can be seen in a variety of respiratory tract infections. Only way to know is by testing for sure.

Having said that, the app is a good idea...especially as the people most affected for now are the educated elite who are most likely to have internet connections and android phones.

You are just contradicting yourself!!!
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Abdulsalam32: 11:00am On Apr 25, 2020
bolaayenimo:
there is nothing God cannot do
stop thinking with your anus,is he trying to underestimate God's power.
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by blackboy(m): 11:02am On Apr 25, 2020
This one a youth? Una no different from him. E dey pain you
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by sapientia(m): 11:13am On Apr 25, 2020
bolaayenimo:
there is nothing God cannot do
Nothing ooo
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by naturefellow(m): 11:14am On Apr 25, 2020
directonpc:
Hmm nothing bad about developing an official app. The state could use that app to reduce fake news and communicate with locals.

Providing right information is also key in fighting COVID-19
you're forgetting about poverty. How many have access to Android phones with data with which to access the app and read trending information.

It's like when we said "Wash your hands frequently, and self isolate" forgetting that there are people living clustered in slums like Makoko and Lekki-Epe, with no access to portable water. Or when we said "work from /stay at home" meanwhile no regular power supply or affordable internet subscription.

Brings me to these greedy Telcos, especially MTN... Imagine, till now, still no subsidy for data. It's unbelievable!
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by CelestineNelson: 11:15am On Apr 25, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Developed countries like US, UK have no app for testing COVID-19 patients but Kogi state has it. Are you madt?
Bros hope you are not trying to show slave-master development trend here...where you you think every black is a copy cat with no initiatives?...if this is the mindset that incubates this post, please i want you to come out of this 2 centuries backward reasoning...intelligence is growing in an exponential rate everywhere...i have a good news for you; YOU ARE ALSO CAPABLE OF AMAZING THINGS...JUST THINK DEEP
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by directonpc(m): 11:19am On Apr 25, 2020
naturefellow:
you're forgetting about poverty. How many have access to Android phones with data with which to access the app and read trending information.

It's like when we said "Wash your hands frequently, and self isolate" forgetting that there are people living clustered in slums like Makoko and Lekki-Epe, with no access to portable water. Or when we said "work from /stay at home" meanwhile no regular power supply or affordable internet subscription.

Brings me to these greedy Telcos, especially MTN... Imagine, till now, still no subsidy for data. It's unbelievable!
I understand chief. If I was president of Nigeria, I won't totally shutdown the economy as I would have locked down our International borders since late January.

But now we manage every little effort we can make while we wait for our white masters to find the cure.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by nairavsdollars(f): 11:21am On Apr 25, 2020
Ok I ve heard you. Can you please show us the app??

CelestineNelson:

Bros hope you are not trying to show slave-master development trend here...where you you think every black is a copy cat with no initiatives?...if this is the mindset that incubates this post, please i want you to come out of this 2 centuries backward reasoning...intelligence is growing in an exponential rate everywhere...i have a good news for you; YOU ARE ALSO CAPABLE OF AMAZING THINGS...JUST THINK DEEP
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by drlaykay(m): 11:33am On Apr 25, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

See, let's not go too far. I have a strong haunch there's no app self. But if there is, I'm still surprised you a doc thinks an app can do a diagnosis. Imagine someone suffering from malaria and vomiting, having fever and let's say he has a cough with it. How exactly will the app know it's malaria. The app will probably decide since he has a fever and a cough, he probably has coronavirus thus needs to be tested. Now a doc seeing the guy vomiting will suspect other things as well and even if asking for the person to be tested for coronavirus ask for malaria tests as well. In other words, if the person is negative for coronavirus, he comes back positive for malaria and gets treated. But the so-called app will just say go for test. So can you tell me what difference the app has made in this matter? That's why I said it's a qualitative question not quantitative. I'm sure you'll agree the easiest thing for the US to do is to develop an app. So leaving it at a phone call should tell you they realise an app can't be effective. FYI, US are now moving towards DIY testing like for pregnancy.

Well... You still haven't said if sanwo-olu is lying about door to door he spoke about.

See i am tired trying to educate u. I have explained what sanwoolu meant to u, but u are not just getting it. Go and read the difference between contract tracing and door to door testing.
You don't even know what making diagnosis entails.
Sensitization about the symptoms and when to visit the hospital, done all over the televison needs a doctor's presence?

The app was not made for other illnesses, that's only when it will have problems with making decisions because of what is called differential diagnosis.

Don't always copy what the whites do. They have a functional system. Their emergency service is swift, they have money for plenty test kits.
Now get a secret, as at the first 3 weeks of this pandemic in Nigeria, Lagos state had only 25k test kits.
They can't test every dick, tom and Harry. A lot of people flooded the testing centres and only got turned back.

If such app existed, there won't be such issues.

In the western world, Once u go to the hospital, u first fill a questionnaire concerning your medical history. This gives the doctor an idea of what your history is like.
These are prepared questions.
If an app can have a one-way prepared question and just state whether or not testing should be done, such app should be applauded. And it's in no way replacing doctors..

Meet a doctor, show them my posts and see what they will tell u.
Your understanding about medicine is not enough, u might not understand many things.
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:37am On Apr 25, 2020
CelestineNelson:

There's nothing amazing in building an app. An app is not an invention. You should understand what the guy is saying before jumping to conclusions. If the US and other countries that own android don't have an app for testing, is it Nigeria that will now have it? The question is not about building an app but how effective an app can be for diagnostics. Even you can build an app if you have the android studio.
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Bash512: 11:38am On Apr 25, 2020
Iyiataata92:
When we were shouting before his reelection, they called us wailers. Now, there is nothing we can do about it.
Kogi people will have to manage it for the next 4 years.
Just like Buhari is opening everybody's eyes.
Next time you reason with us
During the elections who did you recommend??
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:52am On Apr 25, 2020
drlaykay:

See i am tired trying to educate u. I have explained what sanwoolu meant to u, but u are not just getting it. Go and read the difference between contract tracing and door to door testing.
You don't even know what making diagnosis entails.
Sensitization about the symptoms and when to visit the hospital, done all over the televison needs a doctor's presence?

The app was not made for other illnesses, that's only when it will have problems with making decisions because of what is called differential diagnosis.

Don't always copy what the whites do. They have a functional system. Their emergency service is swift, they have money for plenty test kits.
Now get a secret, as at the first 3 weeks of this pandemic in Nigeria, Lagos state had only 25k test kits.
They can't test every dick, tom and Harry. A lot of people flooded the testing centres and only got turned back.

If such app existed, there won't be such issues.

In the western world, Once u go to the hospital, u first fill a questionnaire concerning your medical history. This gives the doctor an idea of what your history is like.
These are prepared questions.
If an app can have a one-way prepared question and just state whether or not testing should be done, such app should be applauded. And it's in no way replacing doctors..

Meet a doctor, show them my posts and see what they will tell u.
Your understanding about medicine is not enough, u might not understand many things.
Since you understand better can you try explaining the difference between the two cause I've not seen anything from you to suggest you even understand the issues at all.

If you say the app is for sensitisation, then common sense dictates that it's a waste because you can just tune in to ur tv or radio or even news web to get all the info you need. You definitely don't need an app for that especially in kogi state. Moreso, the gov never said it's for sensitisation. He said it's for testing.

Again you're disappointing me. If you say people who were turned back at testing centres due to unavailability of test kits should have consulted an app, then you admit that the app can decide if one is positive or not. Even a doc can't decide that!!

The questionnaires given in the western world and even here in Nigeria in some hospitals are for the doc to have first-hand information for review when he meets with the patient. The doc will not make a decision based on a questionnaire, he'll still meet with the patient one on one. Your so-called app will make that decision based on the questionnaire. I hope you can see the gap.

Go back to my earlier post to see the example I gave about a patient suffering from malaria. A doctor's work is not simply to determine if one has coronavirus or not. It's to help restore a sick individual to a state of well-being. So if you're not having coronavirus and the app says you go for a test, when you get there you still meet a doc who then determines if you should be tested for coronavirus and/or other ailments. Again the app has become useless. You as a doc should know this. I'm really surprised you don't.
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by drlaykay(m): 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Since you understand better can you try explaining the difference between the two cause I've not seen anything from you to suggest you even understand the issues at all.

If you say the app is for sensitisation, then common sense dictates that it's a waste because you can just tune in to ur tv or radio or even news web to get all the info you need. You definitely don't need an app for that especially in kogi state. Moreso, the gov never said it's for sensitisation. He said it's for testing.

Again you're disappointing me. If you say people who were turned back at testing centres due to unavailability of test kits should have consulted an app, then you admit that the app can decide if one is positive or not. Even a doc can't decide that!!

The questionnaires given in the western world and even here in Nigeria in some hospitals are for the doc to have first-hand information for review when he meets with the patient. The doc will not make a decision based on a questionnaire, he'll still meet with the patient one on one. Your so-called app will make that decision based on the questionnaire. I hope you can see the gap.

Go back to my earlier post to see the example I gave about a patient suffering from malaria. A doctor's work is not simply to determine if one has coronavirus or not. It's to help restore a sick individual to a state of well-being. So if you're not having coronavirus and the app says you go for a test, when you get there you still meet a doc who then determines if you should be tested for coronavirus and/or other ailments. Again the app has become useless. You as a doc should know this. I'm really surprised you don't.
You saying I dont understand the issue is insulting. And funny from someone who doesn't know the what the medical profession is all about.
I will disappoint you because we are not resonating at the same level.
I can't be explaining something over and over again.
You talked about those having iyher diseases and i said the app is just a one way device that tells you when to report to a testing centre.
At this point of the pandemic, every lower and some upper respiratory tract infection is a suspected case. I wont break thing further cause u still will not understand
What you could comprehend from what i said about people who got turned back at testing centres is admiting the app can tell who is positive.
From the above, its either you want to just argue or you have issues with understanding this subject. And i won't blame you because it's not your field.
I'm not arguing with you, i am educating your ignorance on this subject. Sometimes you lean back and learn from professionals, i do the same when it's not my field. You must not conment on every thread...

You must be wiser than the governor, his advicers and the lots of medical doctors that brought that app up.

No more replies for you.
I have never engaged anyone this long on nairaland and i am stopping now because of the indirect insult u threw at me.
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
drlaykay:

You saying I dont understand the issue is insulting. And funny from someone who doesn't know the what the medical profession is all about.
I will disappoint you because we are not resonating at the same level.
I can't be explaining something over and over again.
You talked about those having iyher diseases and i said the app is just a one way device that tells you when to report to a testing centre.
At this point of the pandemic, every lower and some upper respiratory tract infection is a suspected case. I wont break thing further cause u still will not understand
What you could comprehend from what i said about people who got turned back at testing centres is admiting the app can tell who is positive.
From the above, its either you want to just argue or you have issues with understanding this subject. And i won't blame you because it's not your field.
I'm not arguing with you, i am educating your ignorance on this subject. Sometimes you lean back and learn from professionals, i do the same when it's not my field. You must not conment on every thread...

You must be wiser than the governor, his advicers and the lots of medical doctors that brought that app up.

No more replies for you.
I have never engaged anyone this long on nairaland and i am stopping now because of the indirect insult u threw at me.
Here you have it. You may be a doc but definitely you don't know what an app is all about and what an app can or can't do. An app is a logical device that gives a definitive output. No either or nor ifs and buts.
I've followed this issue of coronavirus closely and I can tell you an app has no business. Everyone including kids and even illiterates know what the symptoms are. The info is everywhere and you don't even need an app to give you an info about coronavirus. You surely don't need an app to tell you when to see a doctor. Your observation of the symptoms you're having should tell you.
So, I don't need a medical degree to know what diagnosis entails. I've been to hospital several times and I have doc friends. With what docs do in diagnosis, except an app is fitted with AI, the logical apps that we have now can't do jack.
You can tell yaya Bello and his doctors that develop apps dat. Good day

P.S. If not that yahaya Bello is wasteful, the money he used to develop an app should have been used to set up a testing centre. With all the information out there, anyone in kogi who suspects he has the virus can get tested without having to go to Abuja or Edo. But with docs like you encouraging his wastefulness, the road to a testing centre in kogi is indeed long.
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by AsawanaDgreat: 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2020
Yeye Bello is a failed youth already
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Same question I asked him. Wrote a lot of fanciful grammar without applying a little bit of inspection
. Exactly. I am amazed and I think we don't know better than the Americans, Chinese and WHO that we we will be using app to do testing or whatever as regards covid19. The bad news is that at the end of the day, if you are told the cost of that app, my brother na headache person go get
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Omoejigbahe(m): 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2020
Yaya bello is in contention for the worst governor with ikpeazu no doubt about that. Please he is not a youth, a man well over 50.
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:00pm On Apr 25, 2020
Ghostmode2two:
. Exactly. I am amazed and I think we don't know better than the Americans, Chinese and WHO that we we will be using app to do testing or whatever as regards covid19. The bad news is that at the end of the day, if you are told the cost of that app, my brother na headache person go get
The cost will be more than enough to build a testing lab or upgrade an existing facility to one. But trust yeye Bello to excel in yeye things
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by drlaykay(m): 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Here you have it. You may be a doc but definitely you don't know what an app is all about and what an app can or can't do. An app is a logical device that gives a definitive output. No either or nor ifs and buts.
I've followed this issue of coronavirus closely and I can tell you an app has no business. Everyone including kids and even illiterates know what the symptoms are. The info is everywhere and you don't even need an app to give you an info about coronavirus. You surely don't need an app to tell you when to see a doctor. Your observation of the symptoms you're having should tell you.
So, I don't need a medical degree to know what diagnosis entails. I've been to hospital several times and I have doc friends. With what docs do in diagnosis, except an app is fitted with AI, the logical apps that we have now can't do jack.
You can tell yaya Bello and his doctors that develop apps dat. Good day

P.S. If not that yahaya Bello is wasteful, the money he used to develop an app should have been used to set up a testing centre. With all the information out there, anyone in kogi who suspects he has the virus can get tested without having to go to Abuja or Edo. But with docs like you encouraging his wastefulness, the road to a testing centre in kogi is indeed long.

I know people like you

From
Is the app good or not? down to is the governor wasteful or not? I don't like him as a person and the article didn't state the price for the app.
I'm only telling you and maintaining that judging by the fear in people leading to unnecessary influx of people to the hospital, the app is good.

So, the person of the governor, if he's doing other things right or not should be another debate.

You are definitely one of those who argue blindly. Meaning u must be against all policies by someone because u don't like them.

From the above if u know what diagnosis entails, u will know an app even AI can't make a sustainable diagnosis. The app can only tell u, this is not likely covid-19 or this is likely covid-19, go for testing.

Again, dont just think everybody on nairaland is just average,saying i dont know what an app entails.
I am working on an app totally outside medicine almost ready. I won't mentuon what it does so no one will steal my idea before launching
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by aimmoney9: 1:19pm On Apr 25, 2020
kikero:
Hmm

I'm going to defend Yahaya bello for once...so here we go

1.An app might be very useful to help diagnosis. Fact is, covid19 presents with several types of known symptoms, so using the app might help.

2.Where the problems arise is, firstly, how many people in Kogi have access to an android phone? Am sure the rural areas don't have enough android phones too

2.Secondly, the basis behind the app is that someone who uses it and finds out he or she is positive....the next thing is to report to NCDC. Setting aside the fact that provisions for reaching an approved center may not be enough, the problem is, someone who may be positive would not report...stigma, and not willing to be isolated.

3.Finally, even if the app ticks you off as covid19 sufferer....you might not be. Fever, cough and breathlessness can be seen in a variety of respiratory tract infections. Only way to know is by testing for sure.

Having said that, the app is a good idea...especially as the people most affected for now are the educated elite who are most likely to have internet connections and android phones.
THIS YOUR ANALYSIS DOES NOT HOLD WATER IN THAT
THE VIRUS IS NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE ELITE ALONE IT HAS SINCE TRICKLED DOWN TO THE MASSES.
THE GOVERNOR IS NOT READY TO SPEND A FADDEN ON HEALTHCARE TO AMELIORATE THE PLIGHTS OF THOSE INFECTED IN HIS STATE.
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Sommycherish: 3:04pm On Apr 25, 2020
las las .....who has the app or knows the name?
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:07pm On Apr 25, 2020
drlaykay:

I know people like you

From
Is the app good or not? down to is the governor wasteful or not? I don't like him as a person and the article didn't state the price for the app.
I'm only telling you and maintaining that judging by the fear in people leading to unnecessary influx of people to the hospital, the app is good.

So, the person of the governor, if he's doing other things right or not should be another debate.

You are definitely one of those who argue blindly. Meaning u must be against all policies by someone because u don't like them.

From the above if u know what diagnosis entails, u will know an app even AI can't make a sustainable diagnosis. The app can only tell u, this is not likely covid-19 or this is likely covid-19, go for testing.

Again, dont just think everybody on nairaland is just average,saying i dont know what an app entails.
I am working on an app totally outside medicine almost ready. I won't mentuon what it does so no one will steal my idea before launching

Lemme give you a straight answer
Is the app good (useful) or not: NO
Is the governor wasteful or not: YES

You must either be an extreme optimist or a foreigner to expect the price for that app to be within reasonable limit. If a more refined and respectable politician could dig a borehole for 78million, I'll expect you to know that a more notorious politician like Bello launching a high sounding thing like app will come at no mean cost.

I insist that the app does nothing. If someone were to have a mild cough and catarrh, there's no way for the app to differentiate from one who is having a very severe cough and catarrh. It's such judgements that determine what a doc does next. You might admit the one with severe symptoms while asking the mild one to buy some drugs and go. Ain't no way an app gonna be able to do that. The app will still tell everyone coughing, sneezing and running a fever to go for a test so what difference will it make. I as an individual, if I have those symptoms, I'm not going to take an app telling me to remain at home during a pandemic serious. So, I don't see how it will help limit influx of people to hospitals. As a matter of fact, health experts say the more people tested, the better. So I don't know what we stand to gain by preventing people from coming for tests using an app!!

Obviously you didn't watch the interview and the mention of an app sounds fanciful to you. That's why you're so excited about it. The US is testing an average of 150k per day and want to ramp it up to 500k. Testing as much as possible is the way forward not limiting testing. Your app is doing the opposite of what your senior colleagues in the medical line recommend.

Everyone knows how callous and evil Bello is not too mention his incompetence in his first term. We all know how he won his second term. I do not hate him but rather his stewardship to the people of kogi whom he has made overnight paupers

You should develop an app with medical applications. I'm sure yaya Bello will be a ready customer.
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Legendguru: 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2020
can he develop a toothpick
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Starboi0: 3:24pm On Apr 25, 2020
He knows nothing about governance....
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by drlaykay(m): 3:37pm On Apr 25, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Lemme give you a straight answer
Is the app good (useful) or not: NO
Is the governor wasteful or not: YES

You must either be an extreme optimist or a foreigner to expect the price for that app to be within reasonable limit. If a more refined and respectable politician could dig a borehole for 78million, I'll expect you to know that a more notorious politician like Bello launching a high sounding thing like app will come at no mean cost.

I insist that the app does nothing. If someone were to have a mild cough and catarrh, there's no way for the app to differentiate from one who is having a very severe cough and catarrh. It's such judgements that determine what a doc does next. You might admit the one with severe symptoms while asking the mild one to buy some drugs and go. Ain't no way an app gonna be able to do that. The app will still tell everyone coughing, sneezing and running a fever to go for a test so what difference will it make. I as an individual, if I have those symptoms, I'm not going to take an app telling me to remain at home during a pandemic serious. So, I don't see how it will help limit influx of people to hospitals. As a matter of fact, health experts say the more people tested, the better. So I don't know what we stand to gain by preventing people from coming for tests using an app!!

Obviously you didn't watch the interview and the mention of an app sounds fanciful to you. That's why you're so excited about it. The US is testing an average of 150k per day and want to ramp it up to 500k. Testing as much as possible is the way forward not limiting testing. Your app is doing the opposite of what your senior colleagues in the medical line recommend.

Everyone knows how callous and evil Bello is not too mention his incompetence in his first term. We all know how he won his second term. I do not hate him but rather his stewardship to the people of kogi whom he has made overnight paupers

You should develop an app with medical applications. I'm sure yaya Bello will be a ready customer.

Well, our thoughts concerning the mode of operation of this app differs.
Everybody is soliciting for massive testing include me. But do we have the kits? NO!
So make do with what you have.
In fact, the little kits we have were donated to us.

I know Bello is a failure but on this subject, I'm not discussing the political aspect of it. I am only telling u what the app can do. And if well coded, it will help. We know what patients come to complain in the hospitals believing it's corona. You will be surprised.

Btw, bros, we don try. Leave Bello matter abeg.
How are you?
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by bigiyaro(m): 3:55pm On Apr 25, 2020
Mr Ubani, pls calm down, they are laying on their beds exactly how they made it.
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by rhames(m): 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time / Dapchi Girl: "We Were Flown In Planes, Used Boats To Cross Rivers"– The Guardian / Remi Tinubu: What I Will Do When My Husband Wins In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.