Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,341 members, 7,954,392 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:02 PM

Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver (2512 Views)

CCT’ll Rule On Saraki’s Motion To Dismiss Charges March 24 / Court Rules On Suit Challenging Akpabio’s Eligibility Today / How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by aljharem11(m): 1:27am On Jan 08, 2011
Former Vice President, Abubakar Atiku, on Friday, asked an Abuja high court to dismiss a suit filed by Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain, Alhaji Sadiq Aliyu Jada, asking the court to disqualify him from contesting the forthcoming party primaries.

Atiku had in a counter affidavit to the suit, told the court to dismiss the plaintiff’s suit on the grounds that it is lacking in merit and cannot compel the court to assume jurisdiction.

In the counter affidavit which was deposed to by one Yomi Okubote, Atiku noted that the waiver given to him by the party complied with the necessary provision of the law.

The former vice president, through his counsel, Ricky Tarfa (SAN), recalled that the plaintiff had relied on Dutsinma v PDP (unreported),delivered by Justice Lawal Gummi of the same court and that the decision held that that there is zoning in PDP.

http://tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/news/2984-atiku-asks-court-to-dismiss-suit-challenging-his-waiver.html
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by Edywalex: 2:10pm On Jan 08, 2011
Dis man call atiku is the biggest fool i hv ever known.He doesn't know what is doing?It statement 'I WILL MAKE D COUNTRY UNGOVERNABLE" as stated making wave.BOMB every where.He needed to b arrested becos he must hv connection with d terrorist.He likes it or nt GEJ must contest and by God grace he will b our President.ZONING dat as made no progress for d development of d country.So Atiku Forget about Zoning, No jonathan no president.o:-)
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by johndoe200: 2:19pm On Jan 08, 2011
Edywalex:

Dis man call atiku is the biggest fool i hv ever known.[/b]He doesn't know what is doing?It statement 'I WILL MAKE D COUNTRY UNGOVERNABLE" as stated making wave.BOMB every where.He needed to b arrested becos he must hv connection with d terrorist.He likes it or nt GEJ must contest and by God grace he will b our President.ZONING dat as made no progress for d development of d country.So Atiku Forget about Zoning, [b]No jonathan no president.o:-)

True words!!!
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by Nsiman(m): 6:04pm On Jan 08, 2011
Atiku's waiver must be with-drawn.
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by showvic(m): 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2011
Atiku has no sense of decency. His desperation for power is driving him crazy.
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 08, 2011
Atiku should be ARRESTED. Whats the U.S waiting for. OPERATION END GAME.
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by jmaine: 7:27pm On Jan 08, 2011
Atiku is drowning politically so why are you all shocked about his desperate antecedents. a drowning man is always very desperate and so is Atiku
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by OvieE: 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2011
A fool at 40 is a fool for ever and atiku a perfect example.

babaearly:

Atiku should be ARRESTED. Whats the U.S waiting for. OPERATION END GAME.

Don't worry he will arrested soon. Onething for sure, he will never step his foot into America whether he become president or not. He is waiting for arrest in USA.
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by reindeer: 8:17pm On Jan 08, 2011
OvieE:

A fool at 40 is a fool for ever and atiku a perfect example.

Don't worry he will arrested soon. Onething for sure, he will never step his foot into America whether he become president or not. He is waiting for arrest in USA.

Why would anyone vote for a president who can't attend the UN general assembly?
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by Nsiman(m): 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2011
@ reindeer, i wonder, i just knew that atiku is about 65yrs old, yet he behaves like a child. Anyway he is half illiterate, half literate
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by muscora: 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2011
atiku, well i dey laugh. he is a loser, just tryin to hold on to sumtin, leaving baba will teach a lesson. u dont disonour d elder's.
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by MeGaStReEt: 10:06pm On Jan 08, 2011
"PDP is a lawless party. It does not follow the due process; it does not respect the Rule of Law and the constituted authorities.
. . . . from Atiku

whats is he looking for in a lawless PDP?
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by HARDDON: 4:19am On Jan 09, 2011
thief
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by Mobinga: 4:26am On Jan 09, 2011
Power-Drunk Binch
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by akwaowoudo(m): 6:36am On Jan 09, 2011
. . . so that he rules who and where?
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by alldone(m): 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2011
i think Atiku should be careful with his word, he should learn his lesson by now with what he said in 2007 about pdp and now he is contesting under the same platform. he should have stick with ACN.

that shows lack of principle.
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by nkemdy: 9:01pm On Jan 09, 2011
This man called atiku may God help him, ooooooo
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by eewule(m): 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2011
I hope naija papers will carry large images of Atikus face (in a few days time) showing his emotions & expressions after he finds out that he has lost the PDP primaries.
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by kossanah: 11:25pm On Jan 11, 2011
Please which of you have read this http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/THE_US_REPORT.htm

I wonder when justice will take its cause
Re: Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver by hacker2k: 2:27pm On Jan 19, 2011
How far my follow Nigeria,i had bring good thing to you.Free call is here again but only for glo to glo.here is my number 08152046990.

(1) (Reply)

Ibos Want To Leave The North ; If They Do Go Home Not Welcome In Lagos / See Photo Of President Jonathan & Daughter At Yakubu Gowon’s 80th Birthday Thank / Facts You Should Know About Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.