Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

If It Were You, What Will You Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If It Were You, What Will You Do? (818 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If It Were You, What Will You Do? by porasog(f): 1:31am On Jan 08, 2011
I was told this story just recently and sincerely speaking it is puzzling. I couldn't come up with an answer to the questions it raised. Then along came this brilliant thought, "why not share it"? At least you could get some responses which could help you resolve the issues raised. Guess what? That is exactly what I intend doing right away.
Here goes my mind-boggling story:

A certain young man - an only son, and from a wealthy family- was deeply in love with a young lady from a poor family and of a different tribe. So much was he in love with her that he decided to marry her without any further delay. Unfortunately for the Lovers, the man's family ( his parents in particular) were not in support of the union. Their reasons - her tribe and her family background.

He did every thing he could to convince his parents of his undying love for this particular girl, but they refused and stood their ground on not blessing the union. As a matter of fact, they knew their son, 
read on @ http://Blogs.FanBox.com/Ceasingto

Trust me I really don't have an answer to it, thats why am throwing it open for you to help this guy make a decision, and a quick one. 
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by Orton10(m): 1:35am On Jan 08, 2011
^
wtf? ?
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by Dsense(m): 1:37am On Jan 08, 2011
OP.
Are you one of those scammers who go and watch somalian and sudanese movies then come on NL to narrate it? angry
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by Mygoldie(f): 1:39am On Jan 08, 2011
If It Were You, What Will You Do?

mind my business. undecided
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 1:43am On Jan 08, 2011
LMFAO@ ORTON!!  grin

@OP: This post is ridiculous (clearly copied and pasted thus our advice will never be realized) but I will answer. Basically here in the west we believe in "pro choice" as in it is up to the the individual and as an adult it is their decision to make. You used the word "tribe" so obviously we are talking "prejudice"/tradition which makes the situation more complex. I still say it is  their decision to make however there needs to be some sort of compromise for the parents so that they do not feel deceived/betrayed. I don't know what else to say as I don't want to offend or appear naive.
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by Dsense(m): 1:45am On Jan 08, 2011
^^Can we hook up tonight kiss
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 1:48am On Jan 08, 2011
^^Errrm! angry angry You want 190 to be vexed with me again?!
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by Carolece(f): 1:49am On Jan 08, 2011
^^
did you kiss and make up or you had make up s3x?
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by Dsense(m): 2:21am On Jan 08, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

^^Errrm! angry angry You want 190 to be vexed with me again?!
Please stop taging me with . . . . lipsrsealed
I'm talking to you and not . . . . lipsrsealed
It's 2011 and i don't want to get into it anymore pls . , , undecided
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 2:22am On Jan 08, 2011
*Stares @ Carolece* angry angry grin

@D-Sense, okay. I will sharrap! undecided
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by Carolece(f): 2:25am On Jan 08, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

*Stares @ Carolece* angry angry grin

you didnt answer
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by Dsense(m): 2:27am On Jan 08, 2011
@MzD
I wanna visit Jamaica one time . . . Coming to visit the Museum of the legend ''Bob Marley'' . .  .How i love this man.(Listening to his Greatest songs  right now)
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by Dsense(m): 2:28am On Jan 08, 2011
Carolece:

you didnt answer
You are blocking my front angry
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by ULSHERLAN(m): 3:21am On Jan 08, 2011
Tank god its not me and dat u were d one
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by porasog(f): 3:46am On Jan 09, 2011
D-sense:

OP.
Are you one of those scammers who go and watch somalian and sudanese movies then come on NL to narrate it? angry
grin
definitely not. Never watched a Sudanese, Somalian, or their like.

Mygoldie:

If It Were You, What Will You Do?

mind my business.  undecided

why?

MzD@rkSkin:

LMFAO@ ORTON!!  grin

@OP: This post is ridiculous (clearly copied and pasted thus our advice will never be realized) but I will answer. Basically here in the west we believe in "pro choice" as in it is up to the the individual and as an adult it is their decision to make. You used the word "tribe" so obviously we are talking "prejudice"/tradition which makes the situation more complex. I still say it is  their decision to make however there needs to be some sort of compromise for the parents so that they do not feel deceived/betrayed. I don't know what else to say as I don't want to offend or appear naive.

Thot so too when I came across it. You certainly will not be offending anyone.  Unfortunately such prejudices find common place in our society, particularly in marriages.

D-sense:

^^Can we hook up tonight kiss
  shocked  cry

Carolece:

^^
did you kiss and make up or you had make up s3x?

Noooooo! embarassed embarassed embarassed

D-sense:

Please stop taging me with  . . . . lipsrsealed
I'm talking to you and not . . . . lipsrsealed
It's 2011 and i don't want to get into it anymore pls . ,   ,  undecided
its all well?
ULSHERLAN:

Tank god its not me and dat u were d one
LMHO  grin grin grin
Me too I thank God oh its not me but likely you. Who told u its about anyone on this forum?
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by CrazyMan(m): 4:10am On Jan 09, 2011
@Topic.

Well I believe the guy in question is old enough to handle his affairs maturely, so I feel that his parents should reason with him and respect his choice.
Re: If It Were You, What Will You Do? by porasog(f): 9:54pm On Jan 10, 2011
CrazyMan:

@Topic.

Well I believe the guy in question is old enough to handle his affairs maturely, so I feel that his parents should reason with him and respect his choice.

Yeah well said. But where they refuse to see reasons with him, is it right for him to "let the snake go so that his parents die!" i.e. cut off his parents (and his family) and go ahead with his plans to marry the girl?

Trust me I don't think doing that is the right option. I know of real situations (close friends) where "letting the snake go" option was adopted and as at the time of replying this post, their marriages have crashed. I think having your parents blessings in your marriage is a very important ingredient in having a successful marriage.   The question is how do one tackle one's family refusal?

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Please. / What Can The Women Do To Win The Men's Heart To Themselves Alone. / I Luv U: How Many Time Will Be Enough?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.