Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,009 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu (12892 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / SIWN may arrest tinubu over fraud / EFCC Has Been Ordered To Arrest Tinubu – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by violent(m): 2:14am On Jan 08, 2011
For the second time in a month, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) yesterday accused the Federal Government of plotting to arrest and silence its national leader and former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

The Federal Government, the ACN alleged, plans to put Tinubu out of circulation to check his rising political profile and demobilise the ACN ahead of April’s general election.

The party had on December 5 last year alerted Nigerians to "the surreptitious and dangerous moves being made to silence Tinubu."

A few days later, the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) chair, Sam Saba, said the CCB would dust up against Tinubu, a case of keeping a foreign account while in office. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had earlier investigated the case without any evidence against the former governor.

Spokesman of the ACN, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, told reporters in Lagos yesterday that President Goodluck Jonathan had finally succumbed to the "unceasing pressure by signing on to the evil plan."

Mohammed said: "Now, we have it on a good authority that the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, (Mr. Mohammed Adoke), has been under tremendous pressure to look for any offence, no matter how flimsy, to get Tinubu arrested and prosecuted – just to put him away." He alleged that the President "may sign a warrant of Tinubu’s arrest anytime from now."

He warned: "We will not sit back and fold our arms while those who fought for the democracy we are enjoying today are demonised and decapitated. We reject the targeting of Tinubu, who they see as the architect of the change that is threatening the PDP.

"Nothing must happen to this icon of democracy and good governance, so as not to set in motion a chain of events the end of which no one can predict."

Mohammed said the ACN’s phenomenal leap is making the PDP envious, hence the focus on Tinubu who is seen as "the architect of PDP’s deconstruction, who has to be stopped at all costs."

Apart from winning back its mandate in Edo, Ekiti and Osun states in the South-West where its candidates are now occupying the government houses, the ACN has also been making an in-road into other parts of the country.

Mohammed said internal democracy in the ACN and its discipline have attracted into the party the likes of Senator John James Akpanodoedehe (Akwa Ibom); Senator Ifeanyi Araraume and ex-Governor Achike Udenwa (Imo State); Former Transport Minister Abiye Sekibo (Rivers State); Senator George Akume (Benue State), Senator Saminu Turaki (Jigawa State); Senator Joel Danlami (Taraba State); five members of the National Assembly in Anambra State and the entire Congress of Progressive Party (CPC) structure in Bauchi State.

"As our party’s fortune rises, the prospect of the ruling PDP becomes dimmer and dimmer by the day.

"As the general elections approach, it is becoming increasingly clear to the discerning that we are the toast of all Nigerians seeking better governance and the deepening of democracy".

During the week, former President Olusegun Obasanjo was believed to have visited the national secretariat of the PDP to press the leadership to "do something about the crises in the party in the South-West so as to check the ACN" or he would quit.

Mohammed said those behind the plot to arrest Tinubu, in one of their meetings, "said everything must be done to stop the putative alliance between our party and the CPC, which they see as capable of ending the years of misrule by the PDP."

He then raised some posers: "Why the arrest of Tinubu at the time of the registration of voters? Why when there is a merger talk between the ACN and the CPC? Why when people are leaving the PDP in droves?"

He said the PDP men pressuring the President to get Tinubu arrested "are firmly of the belief that his arrest will destabilise the ACN".

Mohammed said there is a growing desperation by the PDP, saying the sum of $1billion "was secretly and hurriedly shared out to states from the excess crude accounts, just to secure support for President Jonathan and give his backers the necessary war chest needed to fight ahead of the April election." The money, he alleged, was shared in foreign currency to the detriment of the naira.

"In recent times, bombs have been exploding across the country in an unprecedented degeneration of security in a country that is not at war. Hundreds have been killed or maimed. Do we know those behind it? Do we know their motives? Could it be part of the end game? We leave Nigerians to judge."

But Goodluck/Sambo Campaign Organisation yesterday dismissed the allegations. The organisation also said it was not true that six Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors were made to donate N500 million each to the President's campaign.

The Director of Media and Publicity of the organisation, Mr. Sully Abu, in a statement in Abuja frowned at what he called "the recent penchant of politicians for broadcasting total fabrications in the garb of 'revelations'."

The ploy, according to Abu, is to "pile up one lie over the other with the hope that something murky would stick."

Describing Alhaji Mohammed's allegations as similar to Alhaji Atiku Abubakar's "tissue of lies", Abu wondered under what financial sub-heads the monies allegedly taken from states' coffers would have been released.

He called on the security agencies to investigate Mohammed's "outrageous claims" that "one billion dollars have been secretly and hurriedly shared out to the states from the excess crude oil accounts, just to secure support for President Jonathan and give his backers the necessary war chest needed to fight ahead of April's election."

Abu stressed that no amount of blackmail or wicked propaganda would distract President Jonathan from his focused march to keep a date with destiny in the 2011 elections

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/24085.html
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by violent(m): 2:15am On Jan 08, 2011
This could be the PDP's big plot to regain south west!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 2:17am On Jan 08, 2011
oH please!! angry
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by violent(m): 2:21am On Jan 08, 2011
^^

Please what?

I'm not putting in a word for Tinubu, but it beats my imagination that the Federal government will be looking to arrest the AC leader while OBJ is playing "AYO" and eating bitter kola in his Otta Mansion!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem(m): 2:34am On Jan 08, 2011
violent:

^^

Please what?

I'm not putting in a word for Tinubu, but it beats my imagination that the Federal government will be looking to arrest the AC leader while OBJ is playing "AYO" and eating bitter kola in his Otta Mansion!

c'mon violent,, tinubu is one of the most corrupt people in nigeria follow by obj and ibb and co

do not think because fashola is there, makes tinubu a saint.

i think they should arrest him as soon as possible,
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 2:42am On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

oH please!! angry

oh please what

@ topic
if that happens, then ATIKU was right! The country would be ungovernable!!! angry
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 2:45am On Jan 08, 2011
alj harem:

c'mon violent,, tinubu is one of the most corrupt people in nigeria follow by obj and ibb and co

do not think because fashola is there, makes tinubu a saint.

i think they should arrest him as soon as possible,

You are not talking with sense (no offence)

What happen to OBJ and IBB? Why can't they be arrested? What about Atiku and his statement? Is that not a treasonable act?? Why arrest Tinubu?

Btw, its not only fashola. What about oshomole* edo state governor?

ABEGII!!! angry
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 2:47am On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

oh please what

@ topic
if that happens, then ATIKU was right! The country would be ungovernable!!! angry

Hogwash!!!

This is the Nigerian game that sure comes back to bite these people in their behind, time and time again. Problem is none of these politicians are ever willing to at least accept it is fair game when they find themselves on the loosing side.

There are other parties out there taking plots from the PDP. Why does it seem Tinubu is almost always the only victim out there?
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 2:57am On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Hogwash!!!

This is the Nigerian game that sure comes back to bite these people in their behind, time and time again. Problem is none of these politicians are ever willing to at least accept it is fair game when they find themselves on the loosing side.

[b]There are other parties out there taking plots from the PDP. Why does it seem Tinubu is almost always the only victim [/b]out there?

I do not get your first paragraph. How is it a fair game

@ bold

thats because he is the only politician out there that stood against PDP successfully!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 3:06am On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

I do not get your first paragraph. How is it a fair game

@ bold

thats because he is the only politician out there that stood against PDP successfully!

The part in bold is a lie I have noticed we like to tell ourselves so we can EXCUSE the ridiculous we have conveniently chosen to turn a blind eye to. He is not the only politician who has gone up against the PDP. Please look around to find other non PDP states out there.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by violent(m): 3:19am On Jan 08, 2011
^^

You are right on the point you are making, what worries me however is the fact that we can't exactly call what we have a democratic system if the government has chosen to resort to using cheap blackmails and dirty politics to fight its own war of convenience.

It also becomes really dangerous to think that even the most corrupt ones are able to walk free as long as they are in the same party with the president. Silencing the voice of opposition will be the fastest train that will plunge Nigeria back into the deepest moments of dark!

The president must explain to all and sundry why the likes of IBB and OBJ are not being probed {even after the Haliburton document was released} and the likes of Tinubu are about to feel the sledgehammer of the law, just a few months to general election!

What is on the wall is no fair game, the handwritings are those of Mafia!. .
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 3:42am On Jan 08, 2011
violent:

^^

You are right on the point you are making, what worries me however is the fact that we can't exactly call what we have a democratic system if the government has chosen to resort to using cheap blackmails and dirty politics to fight its own war of convenience.
Well, here is the thing. The man you suspect the government has chosen to go after is himself known for playing such games, so why should I give a darn? Why should anyone stand to be alarmed? Lol  Yes, he has his band of admirers but that does not mean we do not here see what he is doing clear as day. Come on, a dirty politician is a dirty politician, no matter which side he pretends to play for.

violent:

It also becomes really dangerous to think that even the most corrupt ones are able to walk free as long as they are in the same party with the president. Silencing the voice of opposition will be the fastest train that will plunge Nigeria back into the deepest moments of dark!
This is not brand new practice, and Tinubu is guilty of practicing the same.

violent:

The president must explain to all and sundry why the likes of IBB and OBJ are not being probed {even after the Haliburton document was released} and the likes of Tinubu are about to feel the sledgehammer of the law, just a few months to general election!

What is on the wall is no fair game, the handwritings are those of Mafia!. .
What Sledgehammer of what law? Did he feel this sledgehammer the many times he and his agberos  rigged elections in much the same way some other parties have been able to rig their way to success in some of the states? Let’s not pretend now that Tinubu is an innocent man in all this. He is another godfather in Nigerian politics, only that he is probably not as big as OBJ and IBB YET, and I hope we have no intentions of letting him get that big.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by seanet02: 3:57am On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie or what did you call yourself, you are just an internet emperor, follow them to arrest tinubu and see the RED EYE OF YORUBA, what evidence does an internet warrior have that Tinubu is corrupt? NIL. If any it is cooked up. If you force GJ to do this then you can as well forget peace in this country. Becareful
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by fstranger6: 4:05am On Jan 08, 2011
This Kobo woman is something else

When was the last time Tinubu arrested someone in the opposition?
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by seanet02: 4:05am On Jan 08, 2011
Kobo, just send a call me back to Tafawa Balewa and ask him if he ever regret cooking up stories against AWOLOWO? Dont plunge Nigeria into darkness. I pity GJ, he want to use Graveyard as his PERMANENT BEDROOM. What killed Balewa is on his Path. There will be crisis. Dont try it. Kobo, ABO ORO LANBA OMOLUABI SO. Huum.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by seanet02: 4:14am On Jan 08, 2011
@fstranger, Me too i wonder o, kobo does not know what she is saying. She needs real kobokobo, how i wish i can send a VHD i got from my grandfather about "OPERATION WETIE" to this internet Amazon. I tell you Tafawa regrets what he did against AWO. Ever heard of CRISIS? We wont take any insult from A COWBOY called GJ.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 4:30am On Jan 08, 2011
I repeat, any attempt to arrest Tinubu would make Nigeria UNGOVERNABLE. Right now, we have MEND AND BOKO HAREM doing their thing. I hope GJ does NOT want to add OPC to that collection?! Couple with Arewa feeling cheated, THE COUNTRY WOULD BE A HELL HOLE!!! A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!!!! angry
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 4:31am On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

I repeat, any attempt to arrest Tinubu would make Nigeria UNGOVERNABLE. Right now, we have MEND AND BOKO HAREM doing their thing. I hope GJ does NOT want to add OPC to that collection?! Couple with Arewa feeling cheated, THE COUNTRY WOULD BE A HELL HOLE!!! A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!!!! angry

I repeat  . . . . all hogwash!!!

One thing you fail to open your eyes to is this . . . MEND, and BOKOHARAM alike are not, I repeat, NOT fighting for any politician out there. They are groups fighting for their own share of power. And I bet your OPC will stand up as just another group out there fighting and killing politicians and innocents alike so they can get their piece of the action as well. In all, you the Nigerian people continue to get the short end of the stick, as your fathers and grandfathers have to this day.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 4:33am On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I repeat  . . . . all hogwash!!!

I hope he tries it. Then, we would all know if its "all hogwash" or not!!!

@ GJ
PLS, TRY IT!!!
angry
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Becomrichn: 4:33am On Jan 08, 2011
you make me laugh, which tinubu are they arresting, Jonathan and tinubu are  friend, una be mumu for naija.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 4:34am On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

I hope he tries it. Then, we would all know if it "all hogwash" or not!!!

@ GJ
PLS, TRY IT!!!
angry

Please open your eyes already to see that these are politicians playing their games --- the media adding the tune, while you are DANCING to a song designed to keep the few above you.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 4:36am On Jan 08, 2011
Until GJ tells Nigerians the reason IBB, OBJ,ATIKU AND CIROMA are still walking freely then he CANNOT arrest TINUBU!!! angry. Bloody PDP boy-boy!!! angry
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 4:37am On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Please open your eyes already to see that these are politicians playing their games --- the media adding the tune, while you are DANCING to a song designed to keep the few above you.

What tune are you talking about That GJ wants to arrest Tinubu and we should not be angry I really do not get you undecided.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Becomrichn: 4:42am On Jan 08, 2011
You are joking , una really are mumu in naija. you dont get it yet. that why you are undeveloped.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by seanet02: 4:44am On Jan 08, 2011
Kobo, do you want to enjoy the peanuts GJ gave to you? Gj dare not. Dont forget the REMOTE CAUSES OF THE COLLAPSE OF THE FIRST AND THIRD REPUBLIC!!! Yoruba will not take any insult from GJ. Dont send call me back to death neither do you flash it. Kobo, on "FI ORI OKA RUN IMU"
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by fstranger6: 4:49am On Jan 08, 2011
Kobo is just playing devil's advocate!

She cant be serious

If you leave her alone in a room, she'd still argue with herself till eternity
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 4:49am On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

What tune are you talking about That GJ wants to arrest Tinubu and we should not be angry I really do not get you undecided.

WOW . . .  you really do believe this all has something to do with your person, don't you?  shocked Anyways, I have lived long enough to know not to expect any rational analysis from persons who argue from an angle caked in sentiments. So, if you want to believe that this rumour has something to do with you or will directly affect you in one way or another, go right ahead, I will not ruin your delusion there.  smiley
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem(m): 4:53am On Jan 08, 2011
jason jason jason,,,,io beg shattap dai
u are shouting tinubu etc opc etc

is tinubu not a thief just because fashola and adam osh are doing well does not make him a good leader

ibb ciroma and co u are shouting about are all going to die soonest etc one is about 70 years so stop this ur stu.pid rant and open your eyes angry
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem(m): 4:56am On Jan 08, 2011
seanet02:

Kobo, do you want to enjoy the peanuts GJ gave to you? Gj dare not. Dont forget the REMOTE CAUSES OF THE COLLAPSE OF THE FIRST AND THIRD REPUBLIC!!! Yoruba will not take any insult from GJ. Dont send call me back to death neither do you flash it. Kobo, on "FI ORI OKA RUN IMU"

what insult undecided how will the country progress if you people (yorubas or whatever group) do not see him as a leader or president

why can't him arrest tiunbu undecided
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 4:57am On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

WOW . . .  you really do believe this all has something to do with your person, don't you?  shocked

Are you saying this was made to sensitise people towards ACN for the election? If thats the case you are trying to make, then its not true. why? because there is absolutely no need to do that. The people already like ACN not because of lack of corruption ( Thats why BUHARI (or ribadu) would be chosen to reduce that) but because of their progressive ideas and enthusiasm towards development coupled with the strict and anti-corrupt nature of Buhari, they would likely win a FREE AND FAIR election.
So my sister, I do not think your idea of what is going on is correct.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem(m): 4:59am On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

WOW . . .  you really do believe this all has something to do with your person, don't you?  shocked Anyways, I have lived long enough to know not to expect any rational analysis from persons who argue from an angle caked in sentiments. So, if you want to believe that this rumour has something to do with you or will directly affect you in one way or another, go right ahead, I will not ruin your delusion there.  smiley

kobo, you really lack manners when you post undecided
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 4:59am On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

Are you saying this was made to sensitise people towards ACN for the election? If thats the case you are trying to make, then its not true. why? because there is absolutely no need to do that. The people already like ACN not because of lack of corruption ( Thats why BUHARI (or ribadu) would be chosen to reduce that) but because of their progressive ideas and enthusiasm towards development coupled with the strict and anti-corrupt nature of Buhari, they would likely win a FREE AND FAIR election.
So my sister, I do not think your idea of what is going on is correct.

uum . . .  don't have me saying what I am not saying please. Also, try to actually spend them LEARNING to decipher fact FROM FICTION.

Here is a question for you . . . you call people PROGRESSIVES But can you list even 3 progressive ideas any of them have actually brought to the table that actually INCLUDES YOU AND YOUR PEOPLE(whoever they are) in the Solution?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aregbesola Calls For Ministry Of Northern Affairs. / Where Is Gej's Enugu "International Airport"? / "Nigerian Criminals Are Richer Than Policemen" -Abba Kyari Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.