Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,912 members, 7,838,253 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu (12904 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / SIWN may arrest tinubu over fraud / EFCC Has Been Ordered To Arrest Tinubu – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Missy85(f): 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2011
a contributor said one only have to ask a surveyor in Lekki to know Tinubu is corrupt. Quite extraordinary!

If you or the surveyor have a body of evidence against this man, the rightful thing for you to do is compile a dossier, send it to Efcc (trust me they desperately need such info right now!), so they can investigate.

To come on the internet & tell citizens to go to 'a surveyor' in Lekki to find out about someone's alleged corruption, is pathetic.

Why dont I go to Ejigbo & ask a meat seller whether you are a child molester & if he says yes, I can tell the world, including your employer that I have incontrovertible evidence that you are indeed one.

I repeat, we have separation of powers in our constitution. A president does not have the power to order, orchestrate, plan, instigate, directly or covertly, the arrest of a citizen.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Olaedo1: 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Why after elections? Why? I mean should the police also wait till after elections to arrest known criminals?

Because this is elections time and we all know that if he did it now it would before political reasons but if he does it after elections(if he wins presidency) they we know that he is serious about the war on corruption.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jaygetta1: 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2011
Ok, so we've established that Kobo is one insane,biased, one-track minded morrafucka even Jesus will catch a headache arguing the Gospel with. . . . We've also established that Kobo writes really well but argues poorly. What we haven't established, sha, is if Kobo is a man or woman (me, I bet anything say na Aboki man wey dey lean closer to the "other team", or plays for them occasionally. . .just hasn't come out the closet yet). . . That said, Coke sniffing Ojuyobo is a crook! If no be say na Naija, If to say na better country, if Justice system catch am----all the prophets wey dey Bible and Quran for no fit defend am even if dem dey hin legal team!But wait o, who the hell believes this poor attempt by Lai Mohammed to start a rumor! Abeg, make una go sleep jor!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Jan 08, 2011
Ola edo:

Because this is elections time and we all know that if he did it now it would before political reasons but if he does it after elections(if he wins presidency) they we know that he is serious about the war on corruption.

You are really advocating that law enforcement in Nigeria take a break till after elections? You are advocating that the Government, to ensure itself a comeback, make no enemies until after elections? Does the constitution even allow this?
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 4:29pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You are really advocating that law enforcement in Nigeria take a break till after elections? Does the constitution even allow this?

I do not think you understand the situation in Nigeria. The political and ethnic tension is too much for GJ to do this!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Olaedo1: 4:31pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You are really advocating that law enforcement in Nigeria take a break till after elections? You are advocating that the Government, to ensure itself a comeback, make no enemies until after elections? Does the constitution even allow this?

smh
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 4:33pm On Jan 08, 2011
Ola edo:

smh

grin grin grin grin
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Akainzo(m): 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Action speaks volumes louder than words  . . . especially in Nigeria.

So to you arresting people based on suspicion is an preferable action that stating with words that you want justice. Or which actions are you referring to? Or you would rather EFCC be arresting people all over the place without any evidence just to prove that they are fighting corruption?  shocked shocked

Interesting  . . .  replace the name Tinubu with, say, IBB, Obasanjo, or Atiku, and you have yourself a just country right? Lol  . . .  I mean check it out 

There is no difference to me between the people you listed above and the current president, or anyone currently in a police cell awaiting trial. JUSTICE demands that you don't convict or arrest people based on suspicion or beliefs rather than hard evidences.
Irrespective of what I might believe about these people, I would still vehemently support that they'd be prosecuted with evidences in a normal court before I'd say shoot em.

Well, no one is advocating he be arrested before there is sure evidence of his corrupt nature available. I don’t believe any sane person has suggested that happen at all.

You have insinuated such by supporting that he be arrested as you'd suspected he is a thief anyway.

Any who, this is not the first time with this rumor. It almost seems at this point that someone comes up every other month with this rumor to get people riled up but we never ever hear of anything even in plan from the other side.
Well, the same EFCC also pretended to investigate people like IBB, Obasanjo, Atiku, Orji Kalu and to date . . . those men remain clean. Are you somehow suggesting we should then believe they are all not corrupt?

It might be because so many believe an often repeated rumour and many jump on the bandwagon of what has been peddled. The EFCC notices that the public bays in supports because of some ineffectual actions and thus they do the orchestrated charade / motion of an investigation.
BTW, EFCC has always refused to investigate IBB and OBJ, but they have investigated the case against Tinubu, even wanted him impoecahed during his squabbles with OBJ, but they had to drop there case against him for lack of evidence. The same goes for Atiku, EFCC had the backing of the Presidency and went about it with gusto and rigour, but what came out of it, a mere citation that he made money to be kept at a bank at premium rate rather than at a mere 3% with CBN.
Also they have investigated Orji Kau and do have a case against him in the courts, it is not being pursued but it is in the courts. You'd recall that judgement by the Umuahia high court giving a perpetual injunction, but as it is, the EFCC has not appealed that judgement for reasons best known to them.

Thus it would be wrong for you to class a man that has been investigated and let off, with those that haven't been investigated at all.

Please do not confuse me for your person there. I have no need to hate anyone of our politicians. I simply do not like the taste and smell of corruption in our system, and no matter what their party affiliations; I believe the corrupt should be brought to justice.

No matter who you are or how many people love you, corruption is corruption and the only way to get justice is when we deal fairly with those we choose to love and those we do not.

We both seem to have a distaste for corruption, just that to me justice for all is a higher standard than just fighting corruption. This is because I also demand that we must be just in our ways and manner of fighting corruption. No half measures and definitely not based on beliefs and assumptions, but on evidences. Our society would be better for it
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

I do not think you understand the situation in Nigeria. The political and ethnic tension is too much for GJ to do this!

Honestly, after your initial responses on this thread, I doubt you have a clue. You come off as one of the many uninformed "YOUTHS" we have out there who are all mouth but little else when it comes to their understanding of what is really going on in Nigeria and where the people remain after all this time.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Missy85(f): 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2011
Why after elections?

I said 'preferably' after elections. My thinking is that many will question the credibility of taking action before elections for the following reasons:

- I understand efcc investigated & saw no reason to take further actions in 2007!
- Now that this organisation has no new info to justify reopening the case, the govt allegedly wants to use another agency  to relaunch a closed investigation
- Tinubu is the man behind the impressive advances that ACN is making in parts of the country, to the detriment of the ruling PDP party

Against this backdrop, the moral hazard of launching what is clearly a judicial insurgency against a serious opponent, a few weeks to election should offend all right-thinking democrats, whether they support pdp, cpc, zzz, or acn.

We either want a fledging democracy or not.
To be above board, any new investigation should come after elections. If this guy has a case to answer, then I would rather an ensuing judicial process was as independent as possible & not be overshadowed by a cloud of political banditary on the part of the President.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem(m): 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Honestly, after your initial responses on this thread, I doubt you have a clue. You come off as one of the many uninformed "YOUTHS" we have out there who are all mouth but little else when it comes to their understanding of what is really going on in Nigeria and where the people remain after all this time.  

kobo, can't u ever accept u are wrong for once in your life undecided

must you argue all the time undecided and once they prove you wrong, u still insist on arguing undecided
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 4:45pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The point is, YOU ARE NOT MAKING SENSE!!! Nigeria is not USA. How can you arrest him without arresting IBB, ATIKU, OBJ AND GJ himself, YES, GJ HIMSELF . If TINUBU is arrested on corruption charges without a trial before a significant election such as this but Atiku walks freely, do you think there will ever be peace OPC would get involved because it would be injustice! C'mon this is common sense undecided.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by HamidO1(m): 4:49pm On Jan 08, 2011
They'll probably need to arrest all PDP aspirants before getting to Tinubu. No matter what, PDP still remains the most corrupt party. No internal democracy, nothing.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2011
Hamid O:

They'll probably need to arrest all PDP aspirants before getting to Tinubu. No matter what, PDP still remains the most corrupt party. No internal democracy, nothing.

Thank you ooo!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Omooba77: 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2011
Baba Lai just want people to know he has just been re-elected as the ACN agbode gba! If somebody else now capitalise on the statement, FGN will now be blamed. Politicians!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2011
Akainzo:

So to you arresting people based on suspicion is an preferable action that stating with words that you want justice. Or which actions are you referring to? Or you would rather EFCC be arresting people all over the place without any evidence just to prove that they are fighting corruption?  shocked shocked

Uum . . .  could you please pull out the exact lines you are responding to there cause I have no clue where you get the above from? You posited that Nigerians want justice and I responded by stating that actions speak volumes more than words when it comes to what Nigerians really want.
Not sure how came to injecting the above into that bit of my response really.

Akainzo:

There is no difference to me between the people you listed above and the current president, or anyone currently in a police cell awaiting trial. JUSTICE demands that you don't convict or arrest people based on suspicion or beliefs rather than hard evidences.
Irrespective of what I might believe about these people, I would still vehemently support that they'd be prosecuted with evidences in a normal court before I'd say shoot em.
Again, as I said in my last post  to you. NO ONE, not even I, is advocating they not be prosecuted without evidence in the courts. Notice how I again put NO ONE in upper case? This is just in case you didn’t get it the first time around.

Akainzo:

You have insinuated such by supporting that he be arrested as you'd suspected he is a thief anyway.

Actually, you are the one insinuating here  . . . Where exactly do you HAVE ME STATING THAT TINUBU SHOULD BE ARRESTED, or ARRESTED WITHOUT EVIDENCE? Can you back this one up with my own posts please . . . so I can at least catch up with what you are going on and on about? Seriously, Could you please show me the exact lines you get this from?

Akainzo:

It might be because so many believe an often repeated rumour and many jump on the bandwagon of what has been peddled. The EFCC notices that the public bays in supports because of some ineffectual actions and thus they do the orchestrated charade / motion of an investigation.
BTW, EFCC has always refused to investigate IBB and OBJ, but they have investigated the case against Tinubu, even wanted him impoecahed during his squabbles with OBJ, but they had to drop there case against him for lack of evidence. The same goes for Atiku, EFCC had the backing of the Presidency and went about it with gusto and rigour, but what came out of it, a mere citation that he made money to be kept at a bank at premium rate rather than at a mere 3% with CBN.

Ummm . . . Not true. EFCC has investigated IBB, Atiku, Tinubu, Obasanjo etc. Tinubu is not victim or martyr here

Akainzo:

Also they have investigated Orji Kau and do have a case against him in the courts, it is not being pursued but it is in the courts. You'd recall that judgement by the Umuahia high court giving a perpetual injunction, but as it is, the EFCC has not appealed that judgement for reasons best known to them.

Thus it would be wrong for you to class a man that has been investigated and let off, with those that haven't been investigated at all.
Again, the man, along with the others I mentioned earlier, have been investigated by the EFCC and to this day, there are NO CRIMINAL RECORDS on anyone of them. I am not sure what exactly you are trying to say by going back on each as if what I posted earlier is not the truth. Lol

Akainzo:
We both seem to have a distaste for corruption, just that to me justice folr all is a higher standard than just fighting corruption. This is because I also demand that we must be just in our ways and manner of fighting corruption. No half measures and definitely not based on beliefs and assumptions, but on evidences. Our society would be better for it

Good for you that you feel you are a better judge of what justice is and all that. I will not even battle that one with you as I see no reason to even bother. I stand on what I posted earlier. A corrupt politician is a corrupt politician and if their evidence to bring em down, I am 100% for it being used so justice can prevail. I don’t believe in picking favorites . . . I believe more in people letting justice prevail, no matter whose time it is to be bitten.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

The point is, YOU ARE NOT MAKING SENSE!!! Nigeria is not USA. How can you arrest him without arresting IBB, ATIKU, OBJ AND GJ himself, YES, GJ HIMSELF . If TINUBU is arrested on corruption charges without a trial before a significant election such as this but Atiku walks freely, do you think there will ever be peace OPC would get involved because it would be injustice! C'mon this is common sense undecided.

Please STOP responding to my posts and I will stop responding to yours please!! I really think it is for the best!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Jan 08, 2011
maasoap:

[size=14pt] The truth is that there is random selection for trial in Nigeria and if your Godfather's number is picked, that's his luck.[/size]
If he's arrested or tried just like Bode George, will you be among the people that will cause mayhem?

I really hope people will read and comprehend this!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem11(m): 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Please STOP responding to my posts and I will stop responding to yours please!! I really think it is for the best!
grin grin

kobo why u dey vex na, is it because u have found someone that can match u intellectaully  grin
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Becomrichn: 5:11pm On Jan 08, 2011
Missy85 where did you get that. tinubu is not the one behind it, my friend. . i know those behind it, and i know why.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2011
Missy85:

Why after elections?
I said 'preferably' after elections. My thinking is that many will question the credibility of taking action before elections for the following reasons:

- I understand efcc investigated & saw no reason to take further actions in 2007!
The same EFCC investigate and saw no reason to further investigate IBB, Obasanjo, Atiku etc as well.
Missy85:

- Now that this organisation has no new info to justify reopening the case, the govt allegedly wants to use another agency  to relaunch a closed investigation

Are you certain that is the case?

Missy85:

- Tinubu is the man behind the impressive advances that ACN is making in parts of the country, to the detriment of the ruling PDP party

Ok . . . are you suggesting his being a godfather on the ACN side of the big game, should be one of the reasons why the law should hold off till after the elections as well? Lol

Missy85:

Against this backdrop, the moral hazard of launching what is clearly a judicial insurgency against a serious opponent, a few weeks to election should offend all right-thinking democrats, whether they support pdp, cpc, zzz, or acn.

I don’t support any of the parties and I am not offended in anyway by it. I would rather we, even weeks to the election, ensure that justice be served the Nigerian people, no matter how harsh it may come seem to any one group. cheesy

Missy85:

We either want a fledging democracy or not.
I definitely want a fledgling democracy … one were godfathers, no matter what party or tribe, and how many weeks to election it is, are not IMMUNE, in much the same way as the ordinary man on the street.

Missy85:

To be above board, any new investigation should come after elections. If this guy has a case to answer, then I would rather an ensuing judicial process was as independent as possible & not be overshadowed by a cloud of political banditary on the part of the President.
I ask again, should come after the elections? Do we have provisions that state this ought to be the case somewhere, that I do not know of?

Again, I need to repeat that this rumor is not new. Seems we get one of these every time there is an election out in the southwest. I remember there were similar rumors just before 2009 ekiti elections, only later did we realize that Tinubu himself had plans for the election too. I don’t know if this is ACN tactic of some sort.  lol
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Missy85(f): 5:16pm On Jan 08, 2011
Lol, no need to tell him not to respond to you. You're both passionate contributors & are bound to have diff views.

Want to debate pple who only agree with u?

Although he is clever, I admit, some of Jason's comments on threads can b rather 'simple'  & made, in what appears to be, in hurry.  

Jason, why do you write like a nervous wreck Lol Has an overbearing girlfriend turned you into this

Relax sister.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Akainzo(m): 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Again, as I said in my last post  to you. NO ONE, not even I, is advocating they not be prosecuted without evidence in the courts. Notice how I again put NO ONE in upper case? This is just in case you didn’t get it the first time around.

Actually, you are the one insinuating here  . . . Where exactly do you HAVE ME STATING THAT TINUBU SHOULD BE ARRESTED, or ARRESTED WITHOUT EVIDENCE? Can you back this one up with my own posts please . . . so I can at least catch up with what you are going on and on about? Seriously, Could you please show me the exact lines you get this from?

May be what you said here would refresh your mind

Well, here is the thing. The man you suspect the government has chosen to go after is himself known for playing such games, so why should I give a darn? Why should anyone stand to be alarmed? Lol  Yes, he has his band of admirers but that does not mean we do not here see what he is doing clear as day. Come on, a dirty politician is a dirty politician, no matter which side he pretends to play for.

Ummm . . . Not true. EFCC has investigated IBB, Atiku, Tinubu, Obasanjo etc. Tinubu is not victim or martyr here

No Kobo, EFCC asked Nigerians who have any evidences against IBB and OBJ to come out as they have none to go on. There was even an NGO that made a show of submitting evidences to EFCC but no action was taken.

Again, the man, along with the others I mentioned earlier, have been investigated by the EFCC and to this day, there are NO CRIMINAL RECORDS on anyone of them. I am not sure what exactly you are trying to say by going back on each as if what I posted earlier is not the truth. Lol

Exactly what I'm trying to show you, what you posted is not true. 1. There is a case against Orji Kalu in the courts and the last judgement was an injunction by an Umuahia High court. That is a criminal record ain't it?
2. It is also NOT TRUE that EFCC has ever investigated OBJ or IBB.

Good for you that you feel you are a better judge of what justice is and all that. I will not even battle that one with you as I see no reason to even bother. I stand on what I posted earlier. A corrupt politician is a corrupt politician and if their evidence to bring em down, I am 100% for it being used so justice can prevail. I don’t believe in picking favorites . . . I believe more in people letting justice prevail, no matter whose time it is to be bitten.

Don't start going defensive, have you ever heard this: Justice must not only be done, it must be seen to have been done. There are no two definitions of justice, just one - that you are innocent until proven guilty using admissible evidence.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2011
Missy85:

Lol, no need to tell him not to respond to you. You're both passionate contributors & are bound to have diff views.
Although he is clever, I admit, some of Jason's comments on threads can b rather 'simple' & made, in what appears to be, in hurry.
Jason, why do you write like a nervous wreck Lol Has an overbearing girlfriend turned you into this
Relax sister.
It has absolutely nothing to do with him agreeing with me or not. Matter of fact, I tend not to spend time DEBATING those who see things as I do. I see no point in that ever.
It is just that I feel he probably believes a lot of what he says is true and I would rather he, through experience, personal research, etc. learns the truth.
Honestly, other than that, I don’t know how else to respond to him.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by fstranger6: 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

It has absolutely nothing to do with him agreeing with me or not. Matter of fact, I tend not to spend time DEBATING those who see things as I do. I see no point in that ever.
It is just that I feel he probably believes a lot of what he says is true and I would rather he, through experience, personal research, etc. learns the truth.

So you knows the truth and every one who does not agree with you is yet to KNOW THE TRUTH

What arrant arrogance!

You need to have your head checked, seriously!

Gosh!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by metrixauto: 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2011
Jonathan should not try it,this will worsening the political tension we are withnesing and also the security issues we are having nowTinubu is a leader anyday,nothing can change that
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2011
Missy85:

Although he is clever, I admit, some of Jason's comments on threads can b rather 'simple'  & made, in what appears to be, in hurry.  

Relax sister.

All I can say is LOL!

Kobojunkie:

I apologise if i sounded rude.
Kobo, you have to see reason in what I am trying to pass across. I get what you mean but things do not work that way in Nigeria. If GJ does this, it would be viewed as injustice and people would retaliate.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem11(m): 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2011
metrixauto:

Jonathan should not try it,this will worsening the political tension we are withnesing and also the security issues we are having nowTinubu is a leader anyday,nothing can change that

ahmm sorry to bother you

can you tell me how he is a leader

if he is truly a leader, is he a good leader or a bad leader ?
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2011
Akainzo:

May be what you said here would refresh your mind

I still do not see you posting exactly where you get the bit you keep coming back at me with. Again, where exactly do you have me stating that even without evidence, Tinubu ought to be arrested?

Or are you somehow assuming that even after stating that he is a DIRTY POLITICIAN, I also believe there is in fact no evidence whatsoever that he is a DIRTY POLITICIAN? Lol

Akainzo:

No Kobo, EFCC asked Nigerians who have any evidences against IBB and OBJ to come out as they have none to go on. There was even an NGO that made a show of submitting evidences to EFCC but no action was taken.

Again . . . NO. IBB and OBJ have been investigated according to the EFCC. I believe there was the investigation on IBB back in 2006/2007. Jonathan, I think also PRETENDED earlier last year to go after the man but somehow we never heard much else of that. Obasanjo was not longer ago investigated in connection to the Halliburton bribery case, I know for sure. I think it is probably still in the courts or has maybe been throw out by now . .  who knows. But yes, both men have at one time or another been investigated by the same EFCC.

Akainzo:

Exactly what I'm trying to show you, what you posted is not true. 1. There is a case against Orji Kalu in the courts and the last judgement was an injunction by an Umuahia High court. That is a criminal record ain't it?
2. It is also NOT TRUE that EFCC has ever investigated OBJ or IBB.

Again, please go back and check the records.

Akainzo:

Don't start going defensive, have you ever heard this: Justice must not only be done, it must be seen to have been done. There are no two definitions of justice, just one - that you are innocent until proven guilty using admissible evidence.

I have no clue what this has to do with the discussion at this point. I don’t even what you mean when you claim I am being defensive. I am not the DIRTY POLITICIAN here. Only stating that all of them, regardless of party affiliation should be brought to book.
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by aljharem11(m): 5:40pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

All I can say is LOL!
Kobo, you have to see reason in what I am trying to pass across. I get what you mean but things do not work that way in Nigeria. If GJ does this, it would be viewed as injustice and people would retaliate.

jason youself,,, you are trying to reason with kobozobo here,,lol

you are just wasting you time and effort

safe your brain for more important posters like dapobear, gbawe etc

do not waste you time, i learnt the hard way

thank to fstranger, i stopped arguing with her
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

All I can say is LOL!

People made similar claims when Bode George was arrested. Heck people even went as far as to fight the authorities when they came after Ibori. If Tinubu is the next one to go, I am sure that people will make noise and then go back to their lives like nothing happened.
Yes, this is Nigeria and this is how it happens time and time again!
Re: Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu by jason123: 5:47pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

People made similar claims when Bode George was arrested. Heck people even went as far as to fight the authorities when they came after Ibori. If Tinubu is the next one to go, I am sure that people will make noise and then go back to their lives like nothing happened.
Yes, this is Nigeria and this is how it happens time and time again!

. . . .and thats the difference. The people you mentioned above are not viewed as ethnic leaders but tinubu is viewed as an ethinc, political and regional leader undecided. Trust me, the reaction would be different this time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Vehicle Laden With Explosive Destroyed By Military In Konduga / Boko Haram Insurgents Have Been Defeated In The North-east - Army Chief, Buratai / Anambra Election: Obi Of Onitsha Receives Maduka, Offers Prayers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.