Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? (13995 Views)

Interesting Story Of Bilqis & Prophet Sulaiman (may Allaah Peace And Blessings B / The Correct Meaning Of ‘laa Ilaaha Illa Allaah’ – By Shaikh Ibn Baaz / The Non Muslims Ask Who Created Allaah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by fortran12: 5:03pm On May 04, 2020
Friend22:

If Jesus is the som of God like would readily cite John 3:16 "that God so loved the world that He give his only begotten son and whosoever believeth in him shall have everlasting life "

And I can tell you God had sons by the tonns according to your Bible.
And he has even begotten son like David and Ephraim

Let me cite these examples from your bible :

Jacob is God's son and firstborn: "Israel is my son, even my firstborn"
Exodus 4:22.

Solomon is God's son "He shall build an house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son": 2 Samuel 7:13-14.

Ephraim is God's firstborn: "for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn" Jeremiah 31:9 (who is God's firstborn? Israel or Ephraim?).

Adam is the son of God "Adam, which was the son of God" Luke 3:38.
Common people (you and me) are the sons of God:
"Ye are the children of the LORD your God"

Deuteronomy 14:1.
"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God"

Romans 8:14.
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name"

John 1:12.
"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;"

Philippians 2:15.
"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: ... now are we the sons of God"
1 John 3:1-2.

"When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"
Job 38:7.

"Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD," Job 2:1.

"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD,"
Job 1:6.

"when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men," Genesis 6:4.

"That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair" Genesis 6:2

As we can see, the use of the term "son of God" when describing normal human beings was not at all an uncommon practice among Jesus' people.
Well then, was Jesus the only begotten son of God ?
Psalms 2:7 : "I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me (King David, King), Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee"

Indeed, the Jews are even referred to as much more than this in the Bible, and this is indeed the very trait which Jesus (pbuh) held against them. When the Jews picked up stones to stone Jesus (pbuh) he defended himself with the following words

"Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, 'I said, Ye are gods?' If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken..." John 10:34:

(he was referring to Psalms 82:6 "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.."wink

And if you look at every verses mentioning son of God in your bible it wasn't exclusively Jesus's.
It was an innocent term used by the Jews to mean a loyal and obedient servant of God, but Christians have turned this innocent word to mean what Jesus himself never meant.

If you insist Jesus is the only son of God and begotten by God so, where do you place David, Ephraim and Israel who were cited as begotten sons and first borns of God.

Your next argument make likely be that those are old testament figures. But the question is, do God changes his "sons" like clothes?
And we know God is not the author of confusion.

What was to be taken contextually is being taken literally by people who claim to know God better than anybody.
And Jesus happen to be the one figure that has caused so much controversy in many Christian denominations.
To the Catholics, he is one of the triune, to some others he is just a son while JW(Jehovah Witness) he is just a messenger or prophet which we Muslims agree he is.

As Muslims we believe in Jesus's miraculous birth.
We believe he is one of the mightiest messengers of God.
We believe he healed those born blind, he quickened dead(he resurrected the dead and all other miracles he performed by God's permission.
Like he said in Mathew 12:28:
" by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons..."

And to further buttress this he said in John 5:30
:"I can of Myself do nothing"

Now, Jesus is saying all these not Paul whom you like to quote nor any of your daddy GOs.

Here we have to agree on one thing :
Who should we believe Jesus , Paul or your daddy GOs?

One person among these three has to be lying and we know it is most DEFINITELY not Jesus.
We Muslims have been telling you for over a thousand that he (Jesus) is nothing more than a messenger of God.

Now I leave you to your conscience to Judge who is right here.
Jesus or the rest of the Christian world?

The bible was not written in English it was translated from several languages. The word ' begotten' means
monogenes in greek and it has 2 meanings

The first meaning is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship"

The second meaning is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind

Jesus falls under the second definition while the rest fall under the first.
So your claim that Jesus is just a messenger is false
Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:30am On May 14, 2020
Because he see everyone and he set a time that we will see him ( the day of judgement) it may be far from men eye but in the eye of Allah is just like a day. So don't too get hurry to meet Allah because the day you see him is the day of judgement.
Re: Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:33am On May 14, 2020
fortran12:

The bible was not written in English it was translated from several languages. The word ' begotten' means
monogenes in greek and it has 2 meanings

The first meaning is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship"

The second meaning is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind

Jesus falls under the second definition while the rest fall under the first.
So your claim that Jesus is just a messenger is false

Can you pls read Genesis 6:1-5 for us let see if Jesus is only begotten son of god?

And pls is Jesus a son or servant? According to Bible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

She Called Her; "Selfish First Wife!!!" / A Shari'ah Court Established In Ogun State / Ramadan Kareem Or Ramadan Mubarak Which Is More Appropriate And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.