Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare (8263 Views)

Obasanjo Is A Leader We Can Trust”- Jonathan / 2015: We Don't Trust Jonathan -northern Leaders / Credible Election: Don’t Trust Jonathan • Ibb Is Finished -pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by blkmum700: 4:51am On Jan 10, 2011
Chief Convener of Save Nigeria Group (SNG), Pastor Tunde Bakare, has passed a vote of no confidence on President Goodluck Jonathan, saying he is an under performer. Bakare, who is also the Pastor, Latter Rain Assembly, Lagos, spoke with Daily Sun in Abuja.
Excerpts:

State of the nation
We must give thanks to God that we still remain a nation after all. We should go before God in a heart of gratitude for helping us in the midst of these myriads of problems.

Nigeria is imploding. The bomb blasts, the kidnappings, the massive corruption, the army of jobless youths, infrastructural decay and decline, and all kinds of vicissitudes of life that have befallen Nigerians. They are all by-products of planless, clueless leadership that has characterized the government of the PDP, especially in the last four years. If there is anything at all, Nigeria should rise up and take their destiny in their hands. This time around, let every Nigerian of voting age come out and register. Let them choose candidates that they know are credible, that have the antecedents of credibility and integrity, so that we don’t end up in the same mess after 2011.

Will Nigeria disintegrate in no distant time?
The way it is going, with this lopsided federal system, with the republic that is not a true republic, you are playing with disintegration. In fact, you might be pushing it to the extreme when you talk of extinction. But God Almighty who puts Nigeria together, is able to hold it. Nigeria must be delivered from the grips of those who are in power for self and not for service and who have a sense of entitlement to the leadership of this nation.

If Nigeria belongs to us all, then every Nigerian must be free to aspire to the highest office in the land. The way it is now, there are warlords already beating war drums that if it does not go their way, they will rather sink the ship of their party or they will bring about violent change because others have made peaceful change impossible. All those are drums of war being beaten by those who are losing out, but Nigeria belongs to us all. I am of the considered opinion that God has a reason for putting Nigeria together.

My desire is to see Nigeria’s fulfilled destiny, but Nigeria must be restructured in order for that to happen and there must be a peoples’ constitution as against imposed constitution by the military upon us. Until then, those who are saying Nigeria will disintegrate have a reason to say so. But we all must work to ensure that it does not disintegrate. It will be a total chaos if Nigeria disintegrates or any crisis erupts in this nation that will force us to flee and become refugees. We will overwhelm West Africa. God forbids evil. I do not pray that Nigeria should disintegrate. I desire for it to be united, to be strong and to fulfill its destiny in the Comity of Nations.

What makes the Save Nigeria Group (SNG) tick?
Save Nigeria Group is a child of necessity and in the throes of death, President Yar’Adua abandoned the ship. The cabal hijacked power and began to exercise executive authority that was not given to them. It was like in that situation, we had a president, who had no kidney and we had a vice president, who had no balls. But this time around, through the Doctrine of Necessity, they brought him to power.

Honestly, if I have my way, the best for this country today is for President Goodluck Jonathan to make up his mind to conduct a free, fair, credible and peaceful elections, to use his executive powers to lay the foundation against the time to come. He will go down in history as a man of honour. If all these cluelessness and planlessness and greed for power continue, he will go down to the dustbin of history. That, once upon a time, there was a president, who had the greatest opportunity but who blew it.

SNG was a child of necessity in the throes of crisis. We rose to the occasion to ensure that we enforce constitutionalism. By the grace of God, we have taken it beyond that child of necessity. It is maturing to ensure that social mobility is not frozen any more in our country. To unblock the minds of Nigerians, to let them know that sovereignty belongs to them and not to those in government and finally. To ensure that they can exercise their rights of vote to choose candidates of their choice. After all, government that is good government is only there for one purpose: the welfare of the people of the nation.

Toughest situations SNG had to face
All situations in Nigeria are tough. The toughest so far is to see that the same recycled, the same good for nothing, self-centered, self-serving people are still the ones we are parading around with the fewest exceptions. We want to be in a situation to point in the direction that the nation should go and candidates to vote for. SNG is an amalgam of so many other organizations. Some are serious, some are not too serious.

We are whittling down all these things so that SNG can have its own distinct identity. Those who believe in change and those who desire for this country to fulfill her destiny and to be removed from just being a country with great potentials, to become a truly great nation. Those are the ones we will work with and collaborate with. We trust that in the days to come, the difference will be clear to all that we are not going to compromise the values and the vision that we set up when SNG began.

Visit to Aso Rock
There is nothing to it. We went there to present our position paper to him (Jonathan). They tried to give us money, we said thanks, but no, thanks, take your money back. Whatever they made out of that is between them and the Press they leaked it to. We stand erect by the grace of God, untainted.

Are you satisfied with his administration?
No, not at all. I am not satisfied. Not in the least and Nigerians are not satisfied. He has underperformed. I do not think we can trust him with the leadership of this nation in 2011. He has grossly underperformed, he has goofed in so many instances. He is yet to correct his stand that Sovereign National Conference is 96 years late. I am yet to see the publication he promised when we met with him; that he goofed and he is going to correct that. He has not made a public declaration that in future we can trust him for a proper restructuring.

Not only that, the culture of impunity that we rose up to fight against, has permeated the length and breadth of Nigeria. In Bauchi State, there are two deputy governors. In Ogun State, there are two deputy speakers and two speakers of the House. This same culture of impunity has continued and he had appointed the governors of such states as his whatever for his election.

He has appointed them as his coordinators for his election in South-West and North-West. No, he has grossly underperformed and he has not demonstrated the capacity to lead a complex nation like Nigeria. We definitely need change. As a matter of fact, PDP has done enough. We must have progressives as they call them. They must come together, although they themselves are not serious. They are all birds of the same feather flocking in the same direction. We will not allow him to ruin the nation even if he wants to.

Muhammadu Buhari presidency: Is he the best for the job?
For now, he is the only one I have seen. If you have any other who has the antecedent, the integrity, the credibility, you can make up your mind and tell the whole world who you think can save this looting that is going on in our nation. Who has the moral will to stop all the religious crises and bomb blasts.
I know they hang him that he is a Sharia fundamentalist. But don’t forget he was the one who rose up and said, stop wasting government’s money on Hajj and all those pilgrimages.

They are private things; individuals should seek their God in their own way and government’s money should not be wasted. Remember it was not him who took us to the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC). He is a devoted Muslim just the way I am a devoted Christian. Everyman approaches his God the way he chooses. We are in the boat of Jonah where everybody is calling upon his God. The true God we know and the false gods are all there. But nonetheless, he is the one that I have seen that has the credibility, that has the integrity and that has the will and the forthrightness to bring discipline and order back into a corrupt society.

He is not the only Nigerian that we expect to team up and bring this to a glorious conclusion in 2011. The Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) alone cannot win the election. Buhari alone cannot win the election. Men of goodwill must team up. The best of the North, the best of the South, must come together to stir this ship up the iceberg that this titanic called PDP is about to heat and sink the entire nation if need be. But by God’s grace, it will not happen. My assessment of Buhari as a person has nothing to do with any desire to run for any elective office. I am not interested.

My zoning philosophy
I believe in zoning. My own philosophy of zoning is that the best of the North, the best of the South, the best of the East and the best of the West, must come together to rescue our nation. East, West, North and South, only the best is good enough for Nigeria. That is my zoning philosophy. Not all these northern face, Islamic face and Christian face. We need Nigerians who have the capacity, capability, mental alertness to stir the affairs of our country. Who understand economic principles and can revolutionize our nation, economically and otherwise. Not these men who do not know their left from their right. Whose credentials, including educational credentials, must be examined because the way they are functioning, it does not look like they went to school.

INEC, free and fair elections
I have met with Prof. Attahiru Jega in his capacity as INEC Chairman. Before he came in, he was known to be a radical and a man of integrity. I hope he will still keep his integrity intact before he leaves.
The signs are not clear that there will be a free, fair and credible election. At SNG or my personal opinion I should say right now is, don’t trust Jega but give him the benefit of the doubt. He has started giving a kind of signal as to where we are going, that we should not expect a perfect election. Nobody is expecting a perfect election. We are expecting a free, fair and credible election and we will not be convinced about that.

Hope for Nigeria
There is hope for Nigeria if Nigerians will rise up. It is in their hands now. Nigerians must rise up and say enough is enough. They would not allow their rights to be trampled upon anymore. If they can have a critical mass of people with balance of terror, so that they know that we will not be intimidated. Nigerians will rescue power out of these people and a peaceful, credible and fair election can still be conducted even if we will have to call for external help this time around because except that, then the future is bleak. But if Nigerians will rise up and say, you know what, we have been calling upon God, we want to back our faith with our action now. Faith without work, is dead. If all Christians, Muslims, all Nigerians of deep conviction rise up and say, let us rescue our nation, it can be done. It has happened in other places, it must happen here also. We must not allow this country to disintegrate.

Nigerian justice system
I do not pass comments on the judiciary. In recent times, there have been so much delay in justice that some who did not win elections stay there for three and a half years. They can go to Church and do thanksgiving before you say they should not have been in power. No. If they had rigged election, they should be handed over to the law to punish them. Until there is a punitive system within the electoral system that punishes those who are criminals rigging elections, you cannot have free, fair and credible elections. Nobody has ever been punished for electoral malpractices in Nigeria. All those governors who are still manipulating the will of the people, should have been brought to book. Justice delayed is justice denied.

Religious leaders not doing enough?
I know that every man is attempting to do his best for this country. We should not hang the fault on religious leaders. People patronize them. If you stop going to their shops, they will close down that shop. That is it.

War on corruption
Nigerians are behind it. It is not foreign experts that are running the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) or the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). If the system is corrupt, you will have all kinds of people there. I don’t know the details or have enough parameters to judge them but it looks like in the days of Ribadu, we got more results. Though some excesses, we still got more results than now. I just hope that the ICPC and the EFCC do not become a witch-haunting dogs in the hands of the executive. The bottleneck is at the top. The fish is smelling from the head once it starts going bad. Bring everyman to book and let us stop this nonsense. Let those who can do it be put there and remove those who do not understand their left from their right.
Nonetheless, let Nigerians know that the way you lay your bed, is the way you lie on it. Act now before it is too late. God bless Nigeria.

Are you satisfied with his administration?
No, not at all. I am not satisfied. Not in the least and Nigerians are not satisfied. He has underperformed. I do not think we can trust him with the leadership of this nation in 2011. He has grossly underperformed, he has goofed in so many instances. He is yet to correct his stand that Sovereign National Conference is 96 years late. I am yet to see the publication he promised when we met with him; that he goofed and he is going to correct that. He has not made a public declaration that in future we can trust him for a proper restructuring.

Not only that, the culture of impunity that we rose up to fight against, has permeated the length and breadth of Nigeria. In Bauchi State, there are two deputy governors. In Ogun State, there are two deputy speakers and two speakers of the House. This same culture of impunity has continued and he had appointed the governors of such states as his whatever for his election. He has appointed them as his coordinators for his election in South-West and North-West. No, he has grossly underperformed and he has not demonstrated the capacity to lead a complex nation like Nigeria. We definitely need change. As a matter of fact, PDP has done enough. We must have progressives as they call them. They must come together, although they themselves are not serious. They are all birds of the same feather flocking in the same direction. We will not allow him to ruin the nation even if he wants to.

Muhammadu Buhari presidency: Is he the best for the job?
For now, he is the only one I have seen. If you have any other who has the antecedent, the integrity, the credibility, you can make up your mind and tell the whole world who you think can save this looting that is going on in our nation. Who has the moral will to stop all the religious crises and bomb blasts.
I know they hang him that he is a Sharia fundamentalist. But don’t forget he was the one who rose up and said, stop wasting government’s money on Hajj and all those pilgrimages. They are private things; individuals should seek their God in their own way and government’s money should not be wasted. Remember it was not him who took us to the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC). He is a devoted Muslim just the way I am a devoted Christian.

Everyman approaches his God the way he chooses. We are in the boat of Jonah where everybody is calling upon his God. The true God we know and the false gods are all there. But nonetheless, he is the one that I have seen that has the credibility, that has the integrity and that has the will and the forthrightness to bring discipline and order back into a corrupt society.

He is not the only Nigerian that we expect to team up and bring this to a glorious conclusion in 2011. The Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) alone cannot win the election. Buhari alone cannot win the election. Men of goodwill must team up. The best of the North, the best of the South, must come together to stir this ship up the iceberg that this titanic called PDP is about to heat and sink the entire nation if need be. But by God’s grace, it will not happen. My assessment of Buhari as a person has nothing to do with any desire to run for any elective office. I am not interested.

My zoning philosophy
I believe in zoning. My own philosophy of zoning is that the best of the North, the best of the South, the best of the East and the best of the West, must come together to rescue our nation. East, West, North and South, only the best is good enough for Nigeria. That is my zoning philosophy. Not all these northern face, Islamic face and Christian face. We need Nigerians who have the capacity, capability, mental alertness to stir the affairs of our country. Who understand economic principles and can revolutionize our nation, economically and otherwise. Not these men who do not know their left from their right. Whose credentials, including educational credentials, must be examined because the way they are functioning, it does not look like they went to school.

INEC, free and fair elections
I have met with Prof. Attahiru Jega in his capacity as INEC Chairman. Before he came in, he was known to be a radical and a man of integrity. I hope he will still keep his integrity intact before he leaves.
The signs are not clear that there will be a free, fair and credible election. At SNG or my personal opinion I should say right now is, don’t trust Jega but give him the benefit of the doubt. He has started giving a kind of signal as to where we are going, that we should not expect a perfect election. Nobody is expecting a perfect election. We are expecting a free, fair and credible election and we will not be convinced about that.

Hope for Nigeria
There is hope for Nigeria if Nigerians will rise up. It is in their hands now. Nigerians must rise up and say enough is enough. They would not allow their rights to be trampled upon anymore. If they can have a critical mass of people with balance of terror, so that they know that we will not be intimidated. Nigerians will rescue power out of these people and a peaceful, credible and fair election can still be conducted even if we will have to call for external help this time around because except that, then the future is bleak. But if Nigerians will rise up and say, you know what, we have been calling upon God, we want to back our faith with our action now. Faith without work, is dead. If all Christians, Muslims, all Nigerians of deep conviction rise up and say, let us rescue our nation, it can be done. It has happened in other places, it must happen here also. We must not allow this country to disintegrate.

Nigerian justice system
I do not pass comments on the judiciary. In recent times, there have been so much delay in justice that some who did not win elections stay there for three and a half years. They can go to Church and do thanksgiving before you say they should not have been in power. No. If they had rigged election, they should be handed over to the law to punish them. Until there is a punitive system within the electoral system that punishes those who are criminals rigging elections, you cannot have free, fair and credible elections. Nobody has ever been punished for electoral malpractices in Nigeria. All those governors who are still manipulating the will of the people, should have been brought to book. Justice delayed is justice denied.

I know that every man is attempting to do his best for this country. We should not hang the fault on religious leaders. People patronize them. If you stop going to their shops, they will close down that shop. That is it.

War on corruption
Nigerians are behind it. It is not foreign experts that are running the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) or the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). If the system is corrupt, you will have all kinds of people there. I don’t know the details or have enough parameters to judge them but it looks like in the days of Ribadu, we got more results. Though some excesses, we still got more results than now. I just hope that the ICPC and the EFCC do not become a witch-haunting dogs in the hands of the executive.

The bottleneck is at the top. The fish is smelling from the head once it starts going bad. Bring everyman to book and let us stop this nonsense. Let those who can do it be put there and remove those who do not understand their left from their right. Nonetheless, let Nigerians know that the way you lay your bed, is the way you lie on it. Act now before it is too late. God bless Nigeria.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/jan/10/national-10-01-2011-011.htm
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by koruji(m): 5:45am On Jan 10, 2011
Classic pastor Bakare. Long read, but well worth it.

GEJ has tried his best and means well, but Nigeria's problem are beyond his capabilities. He is too self-preserving in his approach to national issues - much like OBJ. Though more humble, he is much more indecisive which seem like a worse combination than OBJ's brashness. More like a cross between OBJ & Yar'adua!!!

He is certainly better than Atiku, but between him and Buhari the latter would carry the day - still Gen. Buhari has some convincing to do.
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 10, 2011
Thank u Mr Tunde 4stating the obviouse. We once had a president without kidney and nw we one without balls & this sounds funny but painful & its True.
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by Ibime(m): 7:17am On Jan 10, 2011
GBAM!!!

Jonathan has enthroned the same unconstitutionalism that prevented him from taking power. Hence we have states with two speakers, two Deputy Governors etc - all because those state Governors are rigging election for him.

Jonathan is Nigerias worst President after Abacha. Simples!
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by kcjazz(m): 7:35am On Jan 10, 2011
Good thoughts Pastor Bakare!
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:57am On Jan 10, 2011

^^^ grin

It is the only industry in which Nigeria is self-sufficient and has an advantageous Trade Balance with other countries grin there is no way she can close shop on her Religious leaders. Heck I won't pay Dollars to watch Creflo preach when I can pay Naira to Watch Oyaks instead. grin
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by vigasimple(m): 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2011
I like Pastor Tunde Bakare, and his outspoken views and approach to issues.

However, this is Nigeria, and politically the Pastor is very naive. The North 'political mafia' are FRAUDSTERS, and you can only use fire for fire. Gentleness or philosophy or ideology has never worked with the North.

GEJ must appear dull and passive to get elected like OBJ did in 1999, this country is controlled by the North via the military. Bakare's candidate Bhuari was only able to do so much because of people like Tunde Idiagbon.

I stand to be corrected ZONINING is a big Fraud invented by the North. I don't trust Bhuari as well.
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by reindeer: 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2011
byrron:

Thank u Mr Tunde 4stating the obviouse. We once had a president without kidney and nw we one without balls & this sounds funny but painful & its True.

Ouch!!! cheesy
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by ITEM71(m): 12:51pm On Jan 10, 2011
Oga bakare, if u wan relocate to aso rock then u re on the right way,or beta beat this drum in your church,thou shall not slay with tongue an innocent person,thought u re a pastor or? Anyway don not take gej 's humbless for weakness
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by sley4life(m): 12:55pm On Jan 10, 2011
he shud join okotie to contest 4 the presidency
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by berth(m): 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2011
Waoh! au i wish Nigerians ve' Pastor Tunde Bakare as our Leader,, as Gej is so weak & Gullible, so sori abt dis bt it's d fact,dou lucky nd fortunate!
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by gbagyiza: 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2011
l think is time for nigerians 2 face reality.pastor tunde Bakare has spoken on d right direction 2 go(until nigerians  takes dere destiny by dere hands),things will continue d way dey are.
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by hackney(m): 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2011
I just wish that the pastors will simply pray for the nation and then keep out of it.

I find it quite conniving and sleazy when pastors want to influence politics.
it feels like the wolf in sheep's clothing saying.
(ulterior motives and all)
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2011
Ibime:

GBAM!!!

Jonathan has enthroned the same unconstitutionalism that prevented him from taking power. Hence we have states with two speakers, two Deputy Governors etc - all because those state Governors are rigging election for him.

Jonathan is Nigerias worst President after Abacha. Simples!

When you make comment,dont do it by expressing your ignorance on what federalism entails.Are you saying GEJ should be involved in the affair of Ogun state govt?If the people of Ogun state want to Have 26 speakers by making each member of the state house a speaker,that is their fu**cking problem.You can as well come and blame the president when you are querrelling with your wife or girlfriend.
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2011
vigasimple:

However, this is Nigeria, and politically the Pastor is very naive. The North 'political mafia' are FRAUDSTERS, and you can only use fire for fire. Gentleness or philosophy or ideology has never worked with the North.

GEJ must appear dull and passive to get elected like OBJ did in 1999, this country is controlled by the North via the military. Bakare's candidate Bhuari was only able to do so much because of people like Tunde Idiagbon.

I stand to be corrected ZONINING is a big Fraud invented by the North.  I don't trust Bhuari as well.

You just hit the nail on the right bom-bom.Bakare think Nigeria politics is like the Gospel he preaches.Obasonjo appeared foolish until he got the power he needed.He even postrated to beg Atiku for a second time.What happened after that? He dealt with anybody that stood on his way.People talk of having balls but fail to understand that everything in Politics is not about gra-gra.There is time to fight,time to beg and time to withdraw from fighting.I stand to say here that it is Obvious GEJ seem to me to be more filled with wisdom than tunde Bakare.No wonder the Bible said the Children of this generation are wiser than the children of light.Gej has been stooping and quenquering all giants along his part.And Atiku and Buhari wont be an exception.People scream Buhari and I have asked myself what Buhari achieved while he was there as Head of state and PTF chairman.I beg make we here word with this Buhari stuff.The target was IBB,he has been dealt with politically,second is Atiku which will go to political oblivion come this Saturday.Then all arsenal would be released on the next ex-uniformed man BUHARI
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by Ibime(m): 1:51pm On Jan 10, 2011
^^Sharrap dia!!!

Federalism ko!

The nation has a system of Government based on the American House system.

No state has the right to have two speakers, two deputy Governors etc.

You are one of those illiterates I guess!

We all know what happened in Ogun State where OGD tried to illegally pass the N100bln bond so he could "chop his last meal".

That was what led to the two-speaker system in Ogun State and the only reason that hasn't been resolved is that GEJ would not come down hard on OGD as OGD is his "South-West co-ordinator".

In other words, "Phuck the people of Ogun State as long as GEJ realises his own ambition."

We have a situation around the country where GEJ has truncated the democratic process by making sure his "election riggers" return to power with landslides. Hence he has returned psychophants like Orji and Sylva to the people, even telling the people of Bayelsa yesterday that "The people are happy with Sylva, and have given him a clear mandate to Govern again." This is despite the fact that the whole stadium shouted "Sylva out" and stoned stoned Sylva with bottles last time GEJ accompanied Sylva to Yenogoa Township stadium.

This is the kinda man we call a leader in Ijawland? The Ijaw nation should rather eat its own vomit than allow this ingrate to represent us at any level.
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by moderattor: 1:53pm On Jan 10, 2011
do u know why we lost the biafran war?
We thought the northerners were 'stupid' , mumucious, uncalculative, fish- brained.
So they dealt with us.
I mean
they fried our igbo arses!

Now they are making the same mistake.
Thinking GEJ is clueless!
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2011
gbagyiza:

l think is time for nigerians 2 face reality.pastor tunde Bakare has spoken on d right direction 2 go(until nigerians  takes dere destiny by dere hands),things will continue d way dey are.

What right direction? to vote his candidate Buhari? No way! he should allow Nigerians freely choose whosoever they want.You dont come out as a true man of God to repeatedly castigate the president of your country just because you are backing a candidate.For us to take him seriously,he should adhere to his calling and stop meddling into politics
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by JimmyBoy1: 2:05pm On Jan 10, 2011
We obviously need these firebrand individuals who can always stand up for the truth without caring whose ox is gored, just that I am not very sure that teachings of christ allows believers  to become social critics. I am not saying this to Judge Pastor Bakare, but I want Nairalanders to express their views,

During the lifetime of Christ, the jewish state was in similar detestable political condition, under the oppression of roman officers and soldiers. Christ was approached several times on how is kingdom will displace that of the romans, but his response was always that his kingdom is not of this world,

It will also appear that you can not be an activist without having hatred for certain people, the expressions  used by Pastor Tunde in interview say it all. His expressions may be ok for a regular activist, but I am not sure if they will be acceptable for a Pastor of  his standing. Simply becuase chrsitians are suppose to love everyone regardless of their shortcomings 1 Cor 13

13:4
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

13:5
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

13:6
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

13:7
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Charity here means love.

Over to you Naira landers ,
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2011
Ibime:

^^Sharrap dia!!!

Federalism ko!

The nation has a system of Government based on the American House system.

No state has the right to have two speakers, two deputy Governors etc.

You are one of those illiterates I guess!

We all know what happened in Ogun State where OGD tried to illegally pass the N100bln bond so he could "chop his last meal".

That was what led to the two-speaker system in Ogun State and the only reason that hasn't been resolved is that GEJ would not come down hard on OGD as OGD is his "South-West co-ordinator".

In other words, "Phuck the people of Ogun State as long as GEJ realises his own ambition."

We have a situation around the country where GEJ has truncated the democratic process by making sure his "election riggers" return to power with landslides. Hence he has returned psychophants like Orji and Sylva to the people, even telling the people of Bayelsa yesterday that "The people are happy with Sylva, and have given him a clear mandate to Govern again." This is despite the fact that the whole stadium shouted "Sylva out" and stoned stoned Sylva with bottles last time GEJ accompanied Sylva to Yenogoa Township stadium.

This is the kinda man we call a leader in Ijawland? The Ijaw nation should rather eat its own vomit than allow this ingrate to represent us at any level.
May be you need to do yourself a favour by checking out who an ILLITERATE is? before coming to run your mouth like someone suffering from Diarhea.You are so very literate that you assume in your wildest imagination that if you have a domestic problem with your wife or girlfriend,GEJ is the cause.When next you come out to a poblic domain to express your ignorance on Federalism,try to do simple basic research.
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2011
moderattor:

do u know why we lost the biafran war?
We thought the northerners were 'silly' , mumucious, uncalculative, fish- brained.
So they dealt with us.
I mean
they fried our igbo arses!

Now they are making the same mistake.
Thinking GEJ is clueless!

Gbam!
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by Ibime(m): 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2011
@ Ozin,

I assumed you are an illiterate (seeing how you don't know how to spell DIARRHOEA), but you persist in exhibiting your stupidity.

Please, what does Federalism have to do with the fact that a state has two speakers and the President is doing nothing about it; rather drinking tea with the Governor and plotting how to rig the election.

Ingrate!
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by omo9ja1(m): 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2011
I support that too

if you rule 9ja for just one day ensure to show the people what you are make off, not just talking, posting stuff on fb, take action you got the power use it.

am passing my vote of no confident too but migh consider to vote him again but not PDP smiley
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by montelik(m): 2:36pm On Jan 10, 2011
Abeg Pastor Bakare speak your mind.
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by calaway: 2:36pm On Jan 10, 2011
Let me say that I hate politicians and don’t personally like GEJ but Nigerians need to take the time to also say what is right at all times cos when we talk we understand better  and positive change is more attainable so I am contributing my angle and I hope it serves my expression.

I want to believe that tunde bakare is a true man of God and not a person who converted from Islam to pursue an agenda of self fulfillment.
I say this because his words are not that of a true Head of a Christian Church. He has not represented his position as the spiritual head of a body of Christ. As a Christian spiritual Head he is deemed to have risen above the confines of partial/partisan or judgmental reasoning. Why has he come out to say that a person has underperformed? What are his expectations of the person/government in question? How long has this government been there with GEJ as the president? Please Bakare simply point out the areas GEJ has erred and let us all judge GEJ. Don’t muddle  issues.

Bakare said GEJ gave them money when they visited him. And so what? If I like what you do even if you don’t like me and you came to see me not to fight or as a critic of my work, but you to come to proffer and give ideas, I am sure that can encourage you by giving you money moreso that you are an NGO. Govts the world over freely give to NGOs. This is not to say that GEJ did well if He actually gave you cash with intent to buy you. If this is so then tell us what he said?
Otherwise all intentions are innocent until proven guilty.

The head of a illegal government as our manBakare can only speak for himself. How can an upright man endorse a coup plotter? Endorse a man who truncated our second republic. For whatever reasons Buhari staged a coup he had no excuse to sieze the destiny of Nigerians (two wrongs don’t make a right, I expect this from a Xtian man of GOD). where are we now?. Could Buhari not wait for the next election year to effect a legal democratic change? After all soldiers are also bonafide members of the electorate. THERE MILITARY IS NOT THE ONLY CAREER IN THE COUNTRY. A coup plotter is not a gentleman by a mile. As a nation we must not continue to reward or recognize those who have in one way or the other conducted themselves unconstitutionally.

Agreed kidnapping is a serious problem in our country, a scourge that raised its ugly head with the arrival of Militancy (S/S) in our country since OBJs regime. Do not 4get that it was GEJ who single handedly brokered amnesty with the Niger delta emancipation forces and FGN. Although complete calm has not been achieved there yet, at least we can see a marked difference. I have often said that we as a people are failing to see the signs of the positive things GEJ is bringing along within the under one year he has been at the helm. It is clear to see that the perennial fuel queues that have plagued us for over 15yrs  is a now a thing of the past all three refineries are working at full capacity along side the commencement of work on three more refineries.
The Bomb blast is a very unfortunate development in our polity but I tell you if Bakare decides that He will plant a bomb in his church to kill selected members of his congregation to attract some sort of attention to himself not even GEJ can stop him. Cos GEJ is not in his diabolic mind and so cannot read his thoughts and intent and thus cannot apprehend him before the deed is done but however GEJ will investigate the incident  and even open the floor for external help in the process and if the clues point to Bakare then only can we held GEJ to account if he does not deal with bakare accordingly.

It will be foolhardy to say that our country has a working system or appears to care about the lot of the suffering masses. This is so because our society has being organized to advantage of only a segment of the Geo-political zones and one group of the collective populace. Those that really want to see a change in our polity must clamor for it along these lines.

All these social analyst who don’t see issues as they should be appreciated while compounding a failing situation to the advantage of the architects of the perceived failure.
I hope this inclination is an ignorant mistake on the part of these critics and not an advance of negative causes.

Please some1 tell me if these words are those of an unbiased man of GOD?

“Honestly, if I have my way, the best for this country today is for President Goodluck Jonathan to make up his mind to conduct a free, fair, credible and peaceful, elections, to use his executive powers to lay the foundation against the time to come. He will go down in history as a man of honour. If all these cluelessness and planlessness and greed for power continue, he will go down to the dustbin of history. That, once upon a time, there was a president, who had the greatest opportunity but who blew it”. If he pleases you he is good if not he is bad right? Just who the hell do you think you are?

Bakare, why cant you come out and say you donot want GEJ to contest for presidency this 2011 and stop making all the senseless rants. I don’t Know you . But I now know that you are from Kwara state.

Please concern urself with your misguided flock and leave the nations  socio-political analysis to unbiased minds with real issued to highlight.
Better choose the service of Caesar or the service of God, you cant joggle both it is not done never(A man of god is apolitical).

PLEASE SOMEBODY SHOULD KNOW THAT THE COUNTRY TODAY IS INBALANCED COS OUR ARMED FORCES ARE INBALANCED WE MUST HAVE PROPER REPRESENTATION OF ALL THE GEO-POLITICAL ZONES IN THE ARMED FORCE. REMEMBER THAT THE NORTHERNERS SAY THIS IN THE CIVIL SERVICES AND CORRECTED IT. WE NEED TO DO THE SAMETHING TO THE MILITARY IT MUST BE DONE BY EXECUTIVE FIAT!!!! LET US ENSURE EQUITY AND FAIRNESS IN OUR POLITY. ONE NIGERIA!!!!!
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by Mobinga: 2:47pm On Jan 10, 2011
What is this man's obsession with politics?
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by warrior01: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2011
I don't trust Tunde Bakare either
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by jmaine: 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2011
The same man who predicted that Obasanjo will not be sworn in on May 29, 1999. yet was sworn in. He predicted that our messiah will come from Adamawa State. I never knew that Buhari was from Adamawa angry
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2011
can somebody tell this bakare of a guy to keep quiet ,am begining to hate all this preachers who have NO CALLING AND NO MESSAGE
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by yinka85: 4:12pm On Jan 10, 2011
calaway:

Let me say that I hate politicians and don’t personally like GEJ but Nigerians need to take the time to also say what is right at all times cos when we talk we understand better  and positive change is more attainable so I am contributing my angle and I hope it serves my expression.

I want to believe that tunde bakare is a true man of God and not a person who converted from Islam to pursue an agenda of self fulfillment.
I say this because his words are not that of a true Head of a Christian Church. He has not represented his position as the spiritual head of a body of Christ. As a Christian spiritual Head he is deemed to have risen above the confines of partial/partisan or judgmental reasoning. Why has he come out to say that a person has underperformed? What are his expectations of the person/government in question? How long has this government been there with GEJ as the president? Please Bakare simply point out the areas GEJ has erred and let us all judge GEJ. Don’t muddle  issues.

Bakare said GEJ gave them money when they visited him. And so what? If I like what you do even if you don’t like me and you came to see me not to fight or as a critic of my work, but you to come to proffer and give ideas, I am sure that can encourage you by giving you money moreso that you are an NGO. Govts the world over freely give to NGOs. This is not to say that GEJ did well if He actually gave you cash with intent to buy you. If this is so then tell us what he said?
Otherwise all intentions are innocent until proven guilty.

The head of a illegal government as our manBakare can only speak for himself. How can an upright man endorse a coup plotter? Endorse a man who truncated our second republic. For whatever reasons Buhari staged a coup he had no excuse to sieze the destiny of Nigerians (two wrongs don’t make a right, I expect this from a Xtian man of GOD). where are we now?. Could Buhari not wait for the next election year to effect a legal democratic change? After all soldiers are also bonafide members of the electorate. THERE MILITARY IS NOT THE ONLY CAREER IN THE COUNTRY. A coup plotter is not a gentleman by a mile. As a nation we must not continue to reward or recognize those who have in one way or the other conducted themselves unconstitutionally.

Agreed kidnapping is a serious problem in our country, a scourge that raised its ugly head with the arrival of Militancy (S/S) in our country since OBJs regime. Do not 4get that it was GEJ who single handedly brokered amnesty with the Niger delta emancipation forces and FGN. Although complete calm has not been achieved there yet, at least we can see a marked difference. I have often said that we as a people are failing to see the signs of the positive things GEJ is bringing along within the under one year he has been at the helm. It is clear to see that the perennial fuel queues that have plagued us for over 15yrs  is a now a thing of the past all three refineries are working at full capacity along side the commencement of work on three more refineries.
The Bomb blast is a very unfortunate development in our polity but I tell you if Bakare decides that He will plant a bomb in his church to kill selected members of his congregation to attract some sort of attention to himself not even GEJ can stop him. Cos GEJ is not in his diabolic mind and so cannot read his thoughts and intent and thus cannot apprehend him before the deed is done but however GEJ will investigate the incident  and even open the floor for external help in the process and if the clues point to Bakare then only can we held GEJ to account if he does not deal with bakare accordingly.

It will be foolhardy to say that our country has a working system or appears to care about the lot of the suffering masses. This is so because our society has being organized to advantage of only a segment of the Geo-political zones and one group of the collective populace. Those that really want to see a change in our polity must clamor for it along these lines.

All these social analyst who don’t see issues as they should be appreciated while compounding a failing situation to the advantage of the architects of the perceived failure.
I hope this inclination is an ignorant mistake on the part of these critics and not an advance of negative causes.

Please some1 tell me if these words are those of an unbiased man of GOD?

“Honestly, if I have my way, the best for this country today is for President Goodluck Jonathan to make up his mind to conduct a free, fair, credible and peaceful, elections, to use his executive powers to lay the foundation against the time to come. He will go down in history as a man of honour. If all these cluelessness and planlessness and greed for power continue, he will go down to the dustbin of history. That, once upon a time, there was a president, who had the greatest opportunity but who blew it”. If he pleases you he is good if not he is bad right? Just who the hell do you think you are?

Bakare, why cant you come out and say you donot want GEJ to contest for presidency this 2011 and stop making all the senseless rants. I don’t Know you . But I now know that you are from Kwara state.

Please concern urself with your misguided flock and leave the nations  socio-political analysis to unbiased minds with real issued to highlight.
Better choose the service of Caesar or the service of God, you cant joggle both it is not done never(A man of god is apolitical).

PLEASE SOMEBODY SHOULD KNOW THAT THE COUNTRY TODAY IS INBALANCED COS OUR ARMED FORCES ARE INBALANCED WE MUST HAVE PROPER REPRESENTATION OF ALL THE GEO-POLITICAL ZONES IN THE ARMED FORCE. REMEMBER THAT THE NORTHERNERS SAY THIS IN THE CIVIL SERVICES AND CORRECTED IT. WE NEED TO DO THE SAMETHING TO THE MILITARY IT MUST BE DONE BY EXECUTIVE FIAT!!!! LET US ENSURE EQUITY AND FAIRNESS IN OUR POLITY. ONE NIGERIA!!!!!

What are you talking about my friend?
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2011
vigasimple:

[size=13pt]GEJ must appear dull and passive to get elected like OBJ did in 1999, this country is controlled by the North via the military.[/size] Bakare's candidate Bhuari was only able to do so much because of people like Tunde Idiagbon.

[size=13pt]I stand to be corrected ZONINING is a big Fraud invented by the North.[/size] I don't trust Bhuari as well.

Look whose accusing another of being politically Naive!!! [size=13pt]ROFLMAO !!!!![/size]

Are you kidding me?? LOL . . . you sound like a 10-year-old there . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: I Don’t Trust Jonathan –tunde Bakare by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2011
Ozin:

You just hit the nail on the right bom-bom.Bakare think Nigeria politics is like the Gospel he preaches.Obasonjo appeared foolish until he got the power he needed.He even postrated to beg Atiku for a second time.What happened after that? He dealt with anybody that stood on his way.People talk of having balls but fail to understand that everything in Politics is not about gra-gra.There is time to fight,time to beg and time to withdraw from fighting.
No wonder the Bible said the Children of this generation are wiser than the children of light.Gej has been stooping and quenquering all giants along his part.And Atiku and Buhari wont be an exception.People scream Buhari and I have asked myself what Buhari achieved while he was there as Head of state and PTF chairman.I beg make we here word with this Buhari stuff.The target was IBB,he has been dealt with politically,second is Atiku which will go to political oblivion come this Saturday.Then all arsenal would be released on the next ex-uniformed man BUHARI
My Gosh!! What you be smoking dude. . . . e be like say the dose too strong for even you ooo!!! ROFLMAO!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Great Zik didn't learn well from history. My Brother Is Now The VC Of UNN. / All Governor I Call Pick My Call Or Call Me Back Except Seyi Makinde / 8 PDP Assembly Candidates Defect To APC In Zamfara.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.