Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,481 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths (61867 Views)

COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 / 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths / COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by mrkia(m): 7:06am On May 01, 2020
I forsee a more effective total lock down happening again in no distant time. May God help and protect us. Aameen.
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Shollyderk(m): 7:07am On May 01, 2020
The virus is in Nigeria I accept that but it isn’t up to what this uneducated corrupt government and their cheating platform the NCDC are giving us. They are making billions of naira everyday from this. They have to keep making the cases higher than the norm so that the cash keep flowing into the account. Wake up Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by dongozzy(m): 7:08am On May 01, 2020
Sha for Election Kano the give millions for results it is time for them to do there millions again we dey wait make them beat Lagos
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by avalontony(m): 7:09am On May 01, 2020
Kano this league title Una wan carry na express Una dey go o!
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Chuksmonika(m): 7:11am On May 01, 2020
nawa oooh,And admist all these,NYSC still wants to conduct passing out for corp members,why do these people like exposing people to danger,may God help us in this shithole
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Codepain: 7:12am On May 01, 2020
Tunde835:
South East Does Not Have Cities That Are Connected To World Like Lagos nd Abuja Even Ogun State Contains D Industries
Most Northern states dont have cities connected to the world either. Kaduna and Gombe as examples.

1 Like

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Mummyjj2: 7:13am On May 01, 2020
May God save us
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by bigluv84(m): 7:16am On May 01, 2020
Chai dis is Covik 19 presidential election result
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Oblitz(m): 7:17am On May 01, 2020
Only 12,000 tested? Chai, we have finished. Coro cases in Nigeria is well over 10k.
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Avalancheman: 7:18am On May 01, 2020
Forget cases! Focus on the number of deaths!! Focus on the number discharged everyday!!!

Coronavirus is NOT for Africa. Hallelujah!!! cool

We are moving with our lives!!! cool

1 Like

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Avalancheman: 7:19am On May 01, 2020
Oblitz:
Only 12,000 tested? Chai, we have finished. Coro cases in Nigeria is well over 10k.

100k yet 58 deaths. And many are being discharged.

Coronavirus is NOT for Africa! Hallelujah!!
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Geeflow(m): 7:19am On May 01, 2020
is it that no one yet has contracted Coronavirus in Kogi state or the state does not simply have any testing center?
I pray it shouldn't get to Kogi coz that stupid governor is not capable oo.

2 Likes

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by ucyonline: 7:20am On May 01, 2020
Kogi has no case? Oh... I remember they're testing with mobile App. grin

2 Likes

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Tunde835(m): 7:20am On May 01, 2020
Codepain:

Most Northern states dont have cities connected to the world either. Kaduna and Gombe as examples.
Abuja
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by neyorlmogzy(m): 7:21am On May 01, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Hmmmm.

80 Kano. Dama na only Kano own me dey find.

See am, just when dem resume testing, dem don cantap Lagos.

But this thing is disheartening. Ganduje just dey play politics with people lives.

God punish every Nigerian politician dead or alive. angry
And their generation...
Awon oloriburuku ole oshi
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Jones4190(m): 7:23am On May 01, 2020
In 1720, a ship was quarantined at the port in Marseille because a strange infection was killing people on the ship.

Deputy Mayor of Marseille lifted the quarantine to “help economy”.

100,000 people died.
More than half of Marseille died.
This was the Great Plague of Marseille.

The govt of Marseille felt they could not afford to lose all the valuable goods on the ship as it will destroy the economy.

As they lifted the quarantine and moved the goods into the city of Marseille, they moved in the infection.

More than half of Marseille citizens died.

Marseille is a major port city in the south of France. Just as Lagos in the south of Nigeria.

By the end of the Great Plague of Marseille, the city of Marseille had 50,000 dead people (out of a total 90,000 population back then).

That is like 10million people dying in Lagos.

The ship left Sidon in Lebanon, picked up people at Tripoli, and Cyprus which already had infection outbreak.

A Turkish man on the ship got infected first and died, then several sailors died. The ship’s surgeon also died.

As the ship got to Marseille,
Doctors quarantined it.

Now because Marseille had a very huge trading arrangement with “Levant” (a term for countries like Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Cyprus, Turkey, Israel, Jordan, and Palestine); the govt was convinced by businessmen that the quarantine on the ship has to be removed and the goods released.

Some powerful businessmen led by the deputy mayor of Marseille (who was also the owner of the ship) convinced his friends in government to release the quarantine. Some merchants needed the cotton and silk cargo on the ship to do business for the upcoming festival in Beaucaire.

It was only a matter of days later.
The infection broke out in the whole of Marseille.

People started dropping dead.
They died so much there was no longer graves to bury them.

Dead bodies littered the streets of Marseille. Till date, the people of Marseille remember this story.

Apparently what happened was:
The govt tried to be clever.

They told themselves “we will only move the silk and cotton on the ship into the city but not the infected people on the ship”.

Lol. In moving the goods, they unknowingly moved infected rats which then infected people.

As people got infected, they infected one another. At a point, the govt of France built a wall to stop Marseille from infecting the rest of the country.

But it was late.

10,000 people from Marseille already ran into neighbouring cities. 50,000 people died outside of Marseille.

The Great Plague of Marseille lasted about 3 years. Those were horrible years in Marseille and in France.

Hospitals got overwhelmed.
Residents fleeing their homes.
Dead bodies lying and decaying on the streets.

As the infection then spread,
Nobody cared anymore about “economy”.

I hope you learnt something.

The Great Plague of Marseille is a huge warning to governments never to prioritise the “economy” ahead of human lives and public health. It can be a very costly mistake.

We can always rebuild the economy.
But we can never revive the dead.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by ud4u: 7:24am On May 01, 2020
God please help us

1 Like

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by crackhouse(m): 7:28am On May 01, 2020
Now it's clear that it's corona that's killing kano people.
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Chochovini: 7:29am On May 01, 2020
summerky:
Only Cross River remains
. NO Not true. What about Kogi?
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by new2012: 7:32am On May 01, 2020
Avalancheman:

100k yet 58 deaths. And many are being discharged.

Coronavirus is NOT for Africa! Hallelujah!!

The death rate or 58 out of 1932 is higher than even the US rate... The infection rate of 1900 our of 12000 samples is higher than elsewhere.

This is crazier than imagine
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Breakinglimit: 7:32am On May 01, 2020
hardytech:
hmmm, 595 cases in 3 days, and we are lifting the lockdown, I hope
we don't regret this in the coming weeks, developed nations are
flattening the curve before easing lockdown, but here we have not
even peaked yet and we rushing back to the streets, I just feel pity for
alot of people that would contract this virus due to impatient, I won't
blame people that would troop out,all the donation the govt have
received where are the monies ?

[color=#006600][/color]
In 1720, a ship was quarantined at the port in Marseille because a strange infection was killing people on the ship.

Deputy Mayor of Marseille lifted the quarantine to “help economy”.

100,000 people died.
More than half of Marseille died.
This was the Great Plague of Marseille.

The govt of Marseille felt they could not afford to lose all the valuable goods on the ship as it will destroy the economy.

As they lifted the quarantine and moved the goods into the city of Marseille, they moved in the infection.

More than half of Marseille citizens died.

Marseille is a major port city in the south of France. Just as Lagos in the south of Nigeria.

By the end of the Great Plague of Marseille, the city of Marseille had 50,000 dead people (out of a total 90,000 population back then).

That is like 10million people dying in Lagos.

The ship left Sidon in Lebanon, picked up people at Tripoli, and Cyprus which already had infection outbreak.

A Turkish man on the ship got infected first and died, then several sailors died. The ship’s surgeon also died.

As the ship got to Marseille,
Doctors quarantined it.

Now because Marseille had a very huge trading arrangement with “Levant” (a term for countries like Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Cyprus, Turkey, Israel, Jordan, and Palestine); the govt was convinced by businessmen that the quarantine on the ship has to be removed and the goods released.

Some powerful businessmen led by the deputy mayor of Marseille (who was also the owner of the ship) convinced his friends in government to release the quarantine. Some merchants needed the cotton and silk cargo on the ship to do business for the upcoming festival in Beaucaire.

It was only a matter of days later.
The infection broke out in the whole of Marseille.

People started dropping dead.
They died so much there was no longer graves to bury them.

Dead bodies littered the streets of Marseille. Till date, the people of Marseille remember this story.

Apparently what happened was:
The govt tried to be clever.

They told themselves “we will only move the silk and cotton on the ship into the city but not the infected people on the ship”.

Lol. In moving the goods, they unknowingly moved infected rats which then infected people.

As people got infected, they infected one another. At a point, the govt of France built a wall to stop Marseille from infecting the rest of the country.

But it was late.

10,000 people from Marseille already ran into neighbouring cities. 50,000 people died outside of Marseille.

The Great Plague of Marseille lasted about 3 years. Those were horrible years in Marseille and in France.

Hospitals got overwhelmed.
Residents fleeing their homes.
Dead bodies lying and decaying on the streets.

As the infection then spread,
Nobody cared anymore about “economy”.

I hope you learnt something.

The Great Plague of Marseille is a huge warning to governments never to prioritise the “economy” ahead of human lives and public health. It can be a very costly mistake.

We can always rebuild the economy.
But we can never revive the dead.

1 Like

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by waslag11(m): 7:34am On May 01, 2020
[quote author=Ebonyeyes post=89045623]The lockdown has failed, and these are just the reported cases, the true figures will be truly shocking. Hopefully the purported hot weather that is claimed to be protective against this virus comes in handy because the Nigerian Government did not use this lockdown to equip the dying hospitals, did not build emergency hospitals and have not provided palliative measures for its citizens. God help Nigerians.

In next two weeks the figures will gradually coming down when there is no money for them to share again politics is being played. when govt. ready to comb covid 19 it won't take them time
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Nobody: 7:35am On May 01, 2020
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:35am On May 01, 2020
Kano leads, others follow!
dan buruba!
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Investnow2017: 7:37am On May 01, 2020
senatordave1:
Cross river and kogi still unscathed

Really undecided
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Roon9(m): 7:39am On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
The lockdown has failed, and these are just the reported cases, the true figures will be truly shocking. Hopefully the purported hot weather that is claimed to be protective against this virus comes in handy because the Nigerian Government did not use this lockdown to equip the dying hospitals, did not build emergency hospitals and have not provided palliative measures for its citizens. God help Nigerians.

Nothing them do. They were relying on the Sun. Nawa o
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Angelfrost(m): 7:39am On May 01, 2020
Only 12,000+ tests carried out in a nation of over 200 million, with at least half a million returnees from different nations.

See ehn... Just end this lockdown already!!! We are just crippling the poor economy for nothing!!!
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by geedee4real(m): 7:39am On May 01, 2020
many state governments are playing politics with numbers for what appears to be expectations that more funds from the Federal Government and foreign donors will be allocated to them. Continue oo! I bet 70% of this result are false. Truth coming soon

1 Like

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by adenigga(m): 7:41am On May 01, 2020
emmyboy162:
Unfortunately, I have a feeling we'll be the worst hit country in Africa.

This doesn't look like it will end anytime soon. I wonder what will happen on MAY 4TH.

BTW, Happy New Month to everyone. May the new month end the pandemic disturbing the world. Stay safe

From my own calculations, if care is not taken Nigeria will be the last country to exit the coronavirus corridor.
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by 21cents: 7:41am On May 01, 2020
Folzye:

The truth is that, if you speak this way in a sane society like the USA, trust me you will receive a lot of backlash, just imagine "people wey go die go die". Be careful what you wish for, anyone can die yes.. But if u start loosing people who are precious to you or about 100,000 deaths are being recorded in the space of a month.. It is this same you that will come back to say the government is stupid for lifiting the lockdown, you won't even dare step out of your home... This is a serous risk we are taking as a state in lagos and as such we need to be honest with ourselves... It is an healthy person that will even think of food or even going to work, so we must thread with caution and as such warn anyone taking the risk of going out there for any means of survival, so they don't throw caution to the wind. We all seek for the protection of the Almighty in this perilous time.

bros please spare me this long sermon as you've deviated from a very important point I raised while tending to my last paragraph only. death is inevitable and sooner or later, we'd definitely lose people we love. it's a darn fact!

and newsflash sir: this isn't US. their government gave all of them $1200 for shopping and staying indoors. what has FG given to her citizens? don't even bother telling me the audio money being disbursed around.

so I ask again: if we continue the lockdown who will feed us? you? No!. Government? No!. and has the lockdown worked so far? bloody no! case keeps rising as the government has only done about a mere 10k tests so far.

it's easier said for you to berate me since you've got a fat bank account or endless supply of nutrition at your finger tips. this is Nigeria where a whopping majority depend on daily hustles to put food in the stomach. I'm waiting to see who will stop the massive population from finding what they will eat legitimately in few weeks should the lockdown linger on.

and lemme counter you on your last point sir: you need food to stay healthy. survival instincts will damn any consequence and force people outside as stomach doesn't care whether you're on lockdown or not, you must eat!

we can't be immobile for long while hunger and starvation creeps in slowly. the government should lift the lockdown while making it mandatory for everyone to use protective gears and follow preventive measures.

5 Likes

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by waslag11(m): 7:42am On May 01, 2020
well anyhow someday Nigeria will overcome it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Italian Man Who Brought Coronavirus To Nigeria Now Negative / I Have An STD But I Need To Know Which So I Can Commence Treatment / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.