Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,158 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths (61863 Views)

COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 / 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths / COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Angelfrost(m): 7:42am On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
The lockdown has failed, and these are just the reported cases, the true figures will be truly shocking. Hopefully the purported hot weather that is claimed to be protective against this virus comes in handy because the Nigerian Government did not use this lockdown to equip the dying hospitals, did not build emergency hospitals and have not provided palliative measures for its citizens. God help Nigerians.

Honestly, it's been God... There is no other explanation for thousands not being hospitalised or dying across the nation!

This nation has been miraculously spared!!! This level of unpreparedness is shocking!!!
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by newisd75: 7:42am On May 01, 2020
funny enough kano thlnk that this is an election. d fg should put an end 2 all d scam lock down, an order every person 2 wear a face mask & double hand gloves in public. school with more than 50 students in a class should have morning,afternoon & evening session
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by STPEACE10: 7:44am On May 01, 2020
Yenny4real:

Relaxation or Continuation of Lockdown

Masses should be very careful at this time. The game has changed. Initially the influential people were serious about the disease, it control and management were handled with all seriousness because they were majorly affected owing to the fact that many of their relations are returnees. Some of their relations were carriers of the disease.

Now the game has changed, many if not all of their relations has been tested and the infected ones has been treated.They have learned in a hard way and have keep their families in a strict lockdown even with heavy security for any stubborn one. They have generously stock their homes with all necessary needs for the next six to seven months.

Shockingly the masses are now crying for the lockdown to be relaxed. some even staged protest and some are even disapproving the reality of virus.I wish they had done this in time when the government was very reluctant in closing our boarders.

The influential people have nothing to loose if the lockdown is to be lifted or relaxed. They will easily succum to any degree of pressure from the masses. But they will never release their families until the traces of the virus has become zero.

My advice. Let be careful and patient at this time, let support each other especially those in need. Let take responsibility. And let continue to pray that God heal our land.

Let be very careful. My thoughts!

The masses are left with two horrible options, either to go out there in search of greener pasture and romance with the virus, or stay at home and die of hunger. So it's loss loss game for the masses

1 Like

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Passionate888: 7:50am On May 01, 2020
ajimotoke:
I said it before, the way Kano will over take Lagos ehn. They are too expose no orientation. God save us o
No compliance
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by yusman14(m): 7:51am On May 01, 2020
Good day here
I have been battling with hunger due to this pandemic.infact, I had to borrow a friend's phone to come online here....
I am a student living alone..I am tired of this situation.....
I will gladly appreciate any amount
God will bless you as you help the poor...
GTBank
#thanks
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by guru90: 7:56am On May 01, 2020
we are still under lockdown. We are getting this figures.........

What will happen when markets fully open on 4th May, 2020.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Patoski7(m): 8:02am On May 01, 2020
Jeweltz:
My own is this lock down is boring already. angry angry angry Lack of good..... Has make my face getting wrinkled already
hmmm but your body is not wrinkled
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by tallerSSS: 8:02am On May 01, 2020
Kano cases is more than Lagos ... If you know you know.. every state will get their fair share according to the number of vote they casted for APC..can someone say amen?
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Chinexanthony(m): 8:12am On May 01, 2020
Kano think say this thing na competition? Them don overtake FCT and chasing Lagos. Hmmmm. Abeg somebody should tell them is not a healthy competition.
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by AkuOlisa: 8:13am On May 01, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
Ebonyeyes:
The lockdown has failed, and these are just the reported cases, the true figures will be truly shocking. Hopefully the purported hot weather that is claimed to be protective against this virus comes in handy because the Nigerian Government did not use this lockdown to equip the dying hospitals, did not build emergency hospitals and have not provided palliative measures for its citizens. God help Nigerians.

Unfortunately the masses failed to realize that the Elites, Rich and powerful have successfully isolated themselves and family members. Thereby leaving the masses to their faith.

3 Likes

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Ebifa85(m): 8:13am On May 01, 2020
Bayelsa 4? when? How?
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by bishopmc(m): 8:13am On May 01, 2020
We hope for the vaccine soon.
Meanwhile, you can place your order now
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Briz(m): 8:17am On May 01, 2020
Lorazepam:

If you are waiting for peak, then you will be on lockdown till July.

What did other countries do during their lockdown?
Expand testing massively, contact tracing, strengthen their health systems, and isolate infected ones.

In Nigeria, we did lockdown for 5 weeks and so far only managed a paltry 10,000+ tests in a population of 200m. That was a very unproductive lockdown. You can't identify a reasonable percentage of the infected individuals that way, and cases will only continue to rise anyhow.

If the government is not going to do massive testing, identify and isolate most infected people, then a lockdown is just a waste of time because asymptomatic people will keep spreading the disease unknowingly, and the poor masses will suffer greatly from it especially since there wasn't even any reasonable palliatives distributed to people to ease the effects of the lockdown.

You deserve a Covid-19 Ambassadorial Award and a free Liverpool jersey, for you will never walk alone. �

1 Like

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:19am On May 01, 2020
Nigeria will just be increasing the figures like they want government from other nations to pity them. Audio figure for attention is what I think this is
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Patoski7(m): 8:21am On May 01, 2020
Avalancheman:
Forget cases! Focus on the number of deaths!! Focus on the number discharged everyday!!!

Coronavirus is NOT for Africa. Hallelujah!!! cool

We are moving with our lives!!! cool
so you are waiting for the number of deaths to increase before you believe it's real abi smh
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Ayubaossy(m): 8:23am On May 01, 2020
Kanawan daba
Easy �️
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by shogsmania: 8:23am On May 01, 2020
hardytech:
hmmm, 595 cases in 3 days, and we are lifting the lockdown, I hope
we don't regret this in the coming weeks, developed nations are
flattening the curve before easing lockdown, but here we have not
even peaked yet and we rushing back to the streets, I just feel pity for
alot of people that would contract this virus due to impatient, I won't
blame people that would troop out,all the donation the govt have
received where are the monies ?
We will definitely regret it
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by murmee: 8:36am On May 01, 2020
Shollyderk:
The virus is in Nigeria I accept that but it isn’t up to what this uneducated corrupt government and their cheating platform the NCDC are giving us. They are making billions of naira everyday from this. They have to keep making the cases higher than the norm so that the cash keep flowing into the account. Wake up Nigerians
GBAM!
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by delawal: 8:37am On May 01, 2020
hardytech:
hmmm, 595 cases in 3 days, and we are lifting the lockdown, I hope
we don't regret this in the coming weeks, developed nations are
flattening the curve before easing lockdown, but here we have not
even peaked yet and we rushing back to the streets, I just feel pity for
alot of people that would contract this virus due to impatient, I won't
blame people that would troop out,all the donation the govt have

received where are the monies ?
definitely we will regret it, i warned they dont listen
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by SirWarlock: 8:41am On May 01, 2020
Shollyderk:
The virus is in Nigeria I accept that but it isn’t up to what this uneducated corrupt government and their cheating platform the NCDC are giving us. They are making billions of naira everyday from this. They have to keep making the cases higher than the norm so that the cash keep flowing into the account. Wake up Nigerians
You work at NCDC? So Lagos wants to take pride in becoming corona epicenter in Nigeria? There's corruption in Nigeria yes but that doesn't each and every decision is a means to embezzle money!

2 Likes

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Stanweezy(m): 8:43am On May 01, 2020
luvmijeje:

If the the diseases become uncontrollable, will you feed those that are sick? Will you treat them when the hospitals are overwhelm? Will you bury them when there is no longer space for people to be buried? Will you be the one to say the last goodbyes to people close to me who may be infected due to my inability to get close to them? Will you cry on my behalf?

None of us can afford the consequences of this thing going out of control

The ones dying of hunger will you share your food or salary with them?

1 Like

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Kunlevic1984(m): 8:45am On May 01, 2020
Nigerian Politicians are all Predators of the digital age.
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Folzye(m): 9:06am On May 01, 2020
21cents:

bros please spare me this long sermon as you've deviated from a very important point I raised while tending to my last paragraph only. death is inevitable and sooner or later, we'd definitely lose people we love. it's a darn fact!

and newsflash sir: this isn't US. their government gave all of them $1200 for shopping and staying indoors. what has FG given to her citizens? don't even bother telling me the audio money being disbursed around.

so I ask again: if we continue the lockdown who will feed us? you? No!. Government? No!. and has the lockdown worked so far? bloody no! case keeps rising as the government has only done about a mere 10k tests so far.

it's easier said for you to berate me since you've got a fat bank account or endless supply of nutrition at your finger tips. this is Nigeria where a whopping majority depend on daily hustles to put food in the stomach. I'm waiting to see who will stop the massive population from finding what they will eat legitimately in few weeks should the lockdown linger on.

and lemme counter you on your last point sir: you need food to stay healthy. survival instincts will damn any consequence and force people outside as stomach doesn't care whether you're on lockdown or not, you must eat!

we can't be immobile for long while hunger and starvation creeps in slowly. the government should lift the lockdown while making it mandatory for everyone to use protective gears and follow preventive measures.

I have not said your decision to feed yourself is bad neither am I against the fact that the government has failed us all, but should we fail ourselves and throw caution to the wind, what I am saying is if everyone has got this mentality of "person wey go die go die" then we are facing a greater risk in summary

Stay strong
Stay safe
Stay positive
Be Smart
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by OriOko88(m): 9:12am On May 01, 2020
The Buhari regime is using people life to play ludo. We are having skyrocketing cases everyday and the govt is lackadaisical in the way its handling the virus. All the northern states should be under state of emergency now, and d lockdown should still be in place till further two weeks. Use the period to do massive testing, house to house testing not just locking people inside and be giving them stupid palliative. Cramp up testing Buhari
This covid 19 is a time bomb waiting to explode. Death rate is also rising. Chaii
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by tegafej(m): 9:14am On May 01, 2020
Lorazepam:

If you are waiting for peak, then you will be on lockdown till July.

What did other countries do during their lockdown?
Expand testing massively, contact tracing, strengthen their health systems, and isolate infected ones.

In Nigeria, we did lockdown for 5 weeks and so far only managed a paltry 10,000+ tests in a population of 200m. That was a very unproductive lockdown. You can't identify a reasonable percentage of the infected individuals that way, and cases will only continue to rise anyhow.

If the government is not going to do massive testing, identify and isolate most infected people, then a lockdown is just a waste of time because asymptomatic people will keep spreading the disease unknowingly, and the poor masses will suffer greatly from it especially since there wasn't even any reasonable palliatives distributed to people to ease the effects of the lockdown.

So you would prefer people go about their normal lives and see what the virus can do?
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by ugwum007(m): 9:20am On May 01, 2020
Nigeria police should be held responsible for the interstate spread of this virus.

1 Like

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by ThugBoy(m): 9:27am On May 01, 2020
In the Year 1932 I understand that no photos of the Corona Victim, 9ja Government Na Dagbo
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by raddyworld: 9:28am On May 01, 2020
kenduline:
The one in Delta State dey shock me...cuz am not sure,Delta State shouldn't be there self,those cases might be people that where sick on their own....like what a lady said in warri she said she was forced to admit that she is a carrier,cuz they tested her and she was negative..Nigeria and their politics..we still they look for the people wey carry am oooo.we never see them.

So u think every state will form those figures to get money. For every lie there is a iota of truth. Why don't u reason that the lady doesn't want to be isolated. Bcus Nigerians seems to aviod being tested even caught. See there may be lies in some state but the truth is the virus is certain to be taking more than 60% of the present record.

Pls be careful. When you are alive.
U talk about job
Certificate for job
Salary
Food
Cloths
Families
Properties
Becareful Koro is within
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Emma1630(m): 9:28am On May 01, 2020
What of all this data turns to be lies? Hmm... All this stay at home is on GOD. Covik-419 is real here in nigeria
Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by luvmijeje(f): 9:29am On May 01, 2020
Stanweezy:

The ones dying of hunger will you share your food or salary with them?

If the virus become uncontrollable, they will still die of hunger and they won't still earn that salary.

1 Like

Re: 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths by Nobody: 9:31am On May 01, 2020
humblebobojay:
Hmmmmmm here they come again audio government with audio virus God please heal the world because if they don't lie in Nigeria gan we will have problem from moving in and out so God am begging you please heal the world! And please baba God let our farm product germinate well because hunger is dealing with people seriously

It’s time for Africa to come up with a solution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Italian Man Who Brought Coronavirus To Nigeria Now Negative / I Have An STD But I Need To Know Which So I Can Commence Treatment / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.