Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown (57811 Views)

Ghana Records 271 Fresh COVID-19 Cases — A Week After Lifting Lockdown / COVID-19: US Records 1,169 Deaths In 24 Hours — Highest Single-Day Toll Globally / Nigeria Records 1.3 Million Unwanted Pregnancies, 735000 Abortions In 2018 Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Mizwisdom(f): 11:02am On May 01, 2020
EmmBim:
Lobatan! guys please think twice before you get out of your house from 4th of May, please,ejooor,biko,Du'ala.I don't want any one of you to contract Convid-19,so many careless and dumb Nigerians that do not believe that Convid-19 is real.na beg I dey beg oooo,stay safe,health is wealth.

Keep quiet! Benin Republic didn't shut down, they're not dying, Tanzania didn't shut down, they're not dying, UK shut down they have recorded more than 20,00 deaths, US shut down they have recorded more than 50,000 deaths and 1million+ infection. Quit your nonsense panic!

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by atmstyle: 11:03am On May 01, 2020
sapientia:
Africa is simply gambling on if the vaccine or drug will come out before it starts killing them

Madagascar's Covid Organics might be the solution.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Noisyrians: 11:03am On May 01, 2020
Son of crap! Fuckeduppedness I don’t blame you. I blame the thing that opened its dirty legs to give birth to you

Graysons:
I may not be smart, but I'm intelligent than you tho.

Fuckeduppedness. wink

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Graysons: 11:05am On May 01, 2020
Noisyrians:
Son of crap! Fuckeduppedness I don’t blame you. I blame the thing that opened its dirty legs to give birth to you

My comment pain you die grin grin

Fucking illiterate. wink
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Unrated900(m): 11:07am On May 01, 2020
E ti seyen
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by MackDams(m): 11:08am On May 01, 2020
Catch up on my free DIY Canva lesson to help improve the visual content and visibility of your start-up brand.

Hurry up now!
Class commences soon

Click the link below to join Whatsapp group now!

/2SbIYRs
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Landnaira5: 11:09am On May 01, 2020
Noisyrians:
Nigeria doesn’t have a 1000 plus cases in a week? How many people do you test in a week? How many test have nigeria done so far?

You know your country is mixing samples in a test tube and testing a group of samples aka POOL testing. Ghana is doing GREAT but do not compare testing methods AT ALL.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by rotadeco27: 11:17am On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
We cannot even dare compare Nigeria to Ghana. Ghana is a functioning state and Nigeria is a dysfunctional state. Ghana's president went to Oxford University, Nigeria's president cannot even provide his WAEC results, instead he claims someone saw him in the exam hall and that is proof enough. lipsrsealed
Chai! See finishing!!!
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Adakintroy2: 11:17am On May 01, 2020
temptnow:

And those two countries recorded 2,000 + cases and regretted their action. They have the money and resources to take such gamble.

Who is Ghana to think they've reached Germany level. Abeg make I hear word

They are working with their reality. It's not a gamble. Locking people indoors is the gamble. Africa is poor government cannot continue to provide pallatives. How long before they run out.

You are having this position because you are working. People are not working. It also a reality. two things can be real at once. It's all about compromise.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Mizwisdom(f): 11:18am On May 01, 2020
babaolofin:

Brother,

I observed they have been avoiding your contribution because it exposed the fraud and corruption going on in Nigeria under covid-19 pandemic fight. Billion of Naira looted weekly. Ghana has never practiced total lockdown the type in Lagos. What they practiced initially was partial lockdown before it was lifted.

There are covid - 19 Mafia . They can go to any length to cause problem to justify covid - 19 spread without lockdown. If the virus failed to spread without lockdown, then, the cult is broken, there is a problem, they can die for covid - 19 to spread without lockdown.

This must be true, immediately government announced partial lifting they have joined forces and suddenly campaigning tooth and nail against it.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by lastempero: 11:21am On May 01, 2020
post=89050837:
Look at the people shouting 'hunger hunger' for the past few weeks above trying to shift post sharp sharp.
Silently shouting 'it is well'.
Afraid don dey catch dem small small cheesy
Hypocrites everywhere!! tongue

So your brain never reset. Onye mmuo
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Grace001: 11:23am On May 01, 2020
AuroraB:
How many have Benin Republic recorded

Does it matter ? Benin has 66 total cases 33 active cases. Those active carrier of the virus must have had many contact before being isolated. The truth is Bénin isn’t doing much testing. So life goes on
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Nobody: 11:27am On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
We cannot even dare compare Nigeria to Ghana. Ghana is a functioning state and Nigeria is a dysfunctional state. Ghana's president went to Oxford University, Nigeria's president cannot even provide his WAEC results, instead he claims someone saw him in the exam hall and that is proof enough. lipsrsealed
This ur mouth ehn
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Noisyrians: 11:33am On May 01, 2020
The rant of a fool cool who dash fool sense? grin brain-dead mudder fugger

Graysons:
My comment pain you die grin grin

Fucking illiterate. wink

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Alfredah01: 11:37am On May 01, 2020
Wasted of time and mb reading all this trash, meanwhile his your daddy not mine, were where when the borders and airport should have shutdown earlier before this virus spread into Nigeria.

post=89050741:

Na real 'Hmmmmm' matter o.
That is the only thing to say at this point in time.
But let us add the few words below to our 'Hmmmm'...

Our Darling Daddy last speech was like,
to us, was like ….… ok ok ok,
Sebi you people are tired of keeping safe at home,
Alright alright.

I release you all to go and die if you wish to die.
By 4th of May your desire to die is granted to you.
Just give me one more week to make you stay alive.
By 4th of May you are free to go out and die,
your dying can be possible between 8am to 6pm.
If you escape death within those hours then you can still enjoy my arms of love, to keep you safe between hours 8pm to 6am.

But I remain steadfast in keeping your children alive.
So schools remain shut down.

I will also be blameless before God and man,
so all churches mosques night clubs weddings birthday parties etc, remain shut down till further notice.

No beer joints or amala or isi-ewu or Barbecue or Suya spots or joints shall entertain sitting, buy ur food as take away and waka, if you like sit down and drink,
virus lives on surfaces of tables at least between 2 and 4 days,
so you can sit and eat and drink on table surfaces at joints or restaurant.

Sebi you have superpowers…Tooooorrhhhh.
I will still be merciful unto you,
So not all businesses will open.

I had thought Kano will learn from Lagos, Abuja and Ogun lockdown,
I never knew they were so dumb,
Henceforth let me save their lives they are thereby shut down for 2 weeks, they have died stupidly enough,
washing infected hands and drinking the water,
such foolery in quantum measure!

So your staying locked down is now your personal choice.
I have tried my best.
You have all the rights to continue to work from home stock your home with food drinks and toiletries and remain locked down personally.
I have removed my hands from saving you.

If you wish you can lock down your family and only you will go out and get them daily bread and know that it’s only you out there while your wife and children are safe and locked down.
It is your choice.

If you like dont take absolute care when out there.
If you like bring the virus home to your family.
It is your choice.
The people I sent to give you money food and palliative, they swallowed some of it.
I can't come and kill my self.
I have tried, a father has many children, amongst them you have the Esaus and the Jacob’s,
You have the Judas and the Peters.

It also comes to a time in the life of a father,
he tells all his children both good and bad, that this is how much I can be of help.
I have tried ,
you are of age to know what to do.

If you like choose death and go out any how,
If you like choose life and continue to stay home.
Dont think I am happy releasing you by May 4th.
You all have tied my hands ….plus those who ate and swallowed your palliative and those who have been cursing me that i locked you up because I hate you…Toooorhh you are now free to go out If you like,
Don’t wear mask always,
Don’t wash your hands every 20 minutes.
Continue to shake hands and hug people you have missed during the lockdown.
Continue to receive yeye visitors in your home especially those of you with underlined health conditions and aged parents.

Don’t take sanitizers with you when going out.
Don’t use bleach to clean surfaces.
Don’t do social distancing.
Sebi virus is virus.
During HIV and AIDS we still have many of you who damn consequences and do have sex without condoms.
So who am I to force you to use face mask?
If you choose to die by May 4th.
I release you to go and do whatever you want to yourself,
But as for me, my house hold and for all sane Nigerians, (and for all of us @[color=#006600][/color]), we shall choose to live.

We Rise!!
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Investnow2017: 11:48am On May 01, 2020
Landnaira5:

Congratulations to Ghana but I think you need to also tell us that you guys are doing POOL testing while Nigeria is doing case by case testing with aggressive contact tracing. You know what that implies right? You can’t compare both countries since we use different testing methods.

But which of the two methods can get citizens to earn their living while the war against this pandemic rages since understandably African countries cannot afford a prolonged lockdown?
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by jaxxy(m): 12:06pm On May 01, 2020
Noisyrians:
Nigeria doesn’t have a 1000 plus cases in a week? How many people do you test in a week? How many test have nigeria done so far?

I agree we havent done enough tests bt that's cos we don't use rapid test kits like Ghana so it's difficult to compare bt 1000plus cases in a week is still a warning to Ghana however.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Kenturkey048(m): 12:07pm On May 01, 2020
post=89050837:
Look at the people shouting 'hunger hunger' for the past few weeks above trying to shift post sharp sharp.
Silently shouting 'it is well'.
Afraid don dey catch dem small small cheesy
Hypocrites everywhere!! tongue
Baba you no trust them.....

Very confused genders .... When matter worst na them go still blame Buhari.... May God protect the careful ones in this trying times....
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Opperwezen(m): 12:46pm On May 01, 2020
Noisyrians:
Learn sense and stop talking rubbish. Foolish goat

Hahahahahahaha I forgive you bro, you must be really really hungry due to this lockdown, and a hungry man they say is an angry man. Go in peace my son and receive sense IJN!!!
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by slysteel: 12:49pm On May 01, 2020
Bullet01:

https://www.thecable.ng/ghana-records-1032-covid-19-cases-10-days-after-lifting-lockdown
Those people were already infected before the lockdown,the lifting only allowed for them to be tested.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by papagiddy(m): 1:05pm On May 01, 2020
post=89050741:

Na real 'Hmmmmm' matter o.
That is the only thing to say at this point in time.
But let us add the few words below to our 'Hmmmm'...

Our Darling Daddy last speech was like,
to us, was like ….… ok ok ok,
Sebi you people are tired of keeping safe at home,
Alright alright.

I release you all to go and die if you wish to die.
By 4th of May your desire to die is granted to you.
Just give me one more week to make you stay alive.
By 4th of May you are free to go out and die,
your dying can be possible between 8am to 6pm.
If you escape death within those hours then you can still enjoy my arms of love, to keep you safe between hours 8pm to 6am.

But I remain steadfast in keeping your children alive.
So schools remain shut down.

I will also be blameless before God and man,
so all churches mosques night clubs weddings birthday parties etc, remain shut down till further notice.

No beer joints or amala or isi-ewu or Barbecue or Suya spots or joints shall entertain sitting, buy ur food as take away and waka, if you like sit down and drink,
virus lives on surfaces of tables at least between 2 and 4 days,
so you can sit and eat and drink on table surfaces at joints or restaurant.

Sebi you have superpowers…Tooooorrhhhh.
I will still be merciful unto you,
So not all businesses will open.

I had thought Kano will learn from Lagos, Abuja and Ogun lockdown,
I never knew they were so dumb,
Henceforth let me save their lives they are thereby shut down for 2 weeks, they have died stupidly enough,
washing infected hands and drinking the water,
such foolery in quantum measure!

So your staying locked down is now your personal choice.
I have tried my best.
You have all the rights to continue to work from home stock your home with food drinks and toiletries and remain locked down personally.
I have removed my hands from saving you.

If you wish you can lock down your family and only you will go out and get them daily bread and know that it’s only you out there while your wife and children are safe and locked down.
It is your choice.

If you like dont take absolute care when out there.
If you like bring the virus home to your family.
It is your choice.
The people I sent to give you money food and palliative, they swallowed some of it.
I can't come and kill my self.
I have tried, a father has many children, amongst them you have the Esaus and the Jacob’s,
You have the Judas and the Peters.

It also comes to a time in the life of a father,
he tells all his children both good and bad, that this is how much I can be of help.
I have tried ,
you are of age to know what to do.

If you like choose death and go out any how,
If you like choose life and continue to stay home.
Dont think I am happy releasing you by May 4th.
You all have tied my hands ….plus those who ate and swallowed your palliative and those who have been cursing me that i locked you up because I hate you…Toooorhh you are now free to go out If you like,
Don’t wear mask always,
Don’t wash your hands every 20 minutes.
Continue to shake hands and hug people you have missed during the lockdown.
Continue to receive yeye visitors in your home especially those of you with underlined health conditions and aged parents.

Don’t take sanitizers with you when going out.
Don’t use bleach to clean surfaces.
Don’t do social distancing.
Sebi virus is virus.
During HIV and AIDS we still have many of you who damn consequences and do have sex without condoms.
So who am I to force you to use face mask?
If you choose to die by May 4th.
I release you to go and do whatever you want to yourself,
But as for me, my house hold and for all sane Nigerians, (and for all of us @[color=#006600][/color]), we shall choose to live.

We Rise!!
you try shaa
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Ironi: 1:26pm On May 01, 2020
Graysons:
I so much dislike those Ghanaians. Arrogant and boastful people full of pride.

Bad belle omo Nigeria.

Truth is Nigeria is the small brother to Ghana, the small brother who become big and richer so he thinks he is the big brother.

Nigeria can only delude itself as the giant of Africa .

grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Landnaira5: 1:44pm On May 01, 2020
Investnow2017:

But which of the two methods can get citizens to earn their living while the war against this pandemic rages since understandably African countries cannot afford a prolonged lockdown?

Neither. Earning a living is not a function of tests and what not. If you go out chances are you’ll get the virus. And spread it to more people. This is not a function of testing. Ghana is testing a lot of people but their cases doubled in less the time. Mass testing is not a way of preventing the virus.

Going out to work is like saying yes I’ll get the virus and fall sick - but remember when you’re sick you can’t work and earn a living.

If Lagosians actually took the first two weeks/ r weeks of lockdown serious the curve would have flattened significantly but here we are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Oladayo12(m): 1:49pm On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
So you believe buhari is truly not educated?
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Obidiugwu: 1:57pm On May 01, 2020
Wow
Dm us for your different types of high quality male/female Fabrics ,Curtains and beddings at affordable prices>07052113405
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Miracle1991: 2:17pm On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
and your father graduated from which University?
United States of America have More than 60thousand death. Are you telling me that that Trump did not go to any school?, UK, SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY etc also did not go to the university. Only your father went to school. Please bring that your educated father in 2023 for Nigerians to vote. Akuya

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by paul100(m): 2:17pm On May 01, 2020
This may happen to Nigeria if lock down ends on may 4.But God dey ooo
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by StEmmy01: 2:19pm On May 01, 2020
All eyes on may 4 here in Nigeria. Covid-19 part 2 for better or for worse.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Investnow2017: 2:59pm On May 01, 2020
Landnaira5:

Neither. Earning a living is not a function of tests and what not. If you go out chances are you’ll get the virus. And spread it to more people. This is not a function of testing. Ghana is testing a lot of people but their cases doubled in less the time. Mass testing is not a way of preventing the virus.

Going out to work is like saying yes I’ll get the virus and fall sick - but remember when you’re sick you can’t work and earn a living.

If Lagosians actually took the first two weeks/ r weeks of lockdown serious the curve would have flattened significantly but here we are.

I think I will disagree with you on the matter of testing strategy. Delayed testing actually offers the opportunity for the virus to spread speedily as unsuspecting asyptomatic carriers would sooner become lethal agents. Ghana, among other nations successfully fighting this pandemic, recognises that. Ghana was able to release the figures we see only because they have carried out mass testing of a pool of suspected vectors. That is the viable strategy.

Reduced or compromised figures such as we see here only offer false security which can backfire if the pace is not accelerated soon. Even NCDC is aware of this.

If you had failed to embark on aggressive testing and you are pressured to open up the economy it is only a matter of time for such ill-thought out step to manifest a lack of wisdom.

If you ask me, the past 5 weeks have been somewhat squandered for lack of adequate testing irrespective of the method or strategy being adopted. The presence of state-of-the-art equipment without their not being used to capacity means nothing.

Mass testing is a potent measure to reduce the capacity for the virus spread, realising that no African nation has the means to sustain a prolonged lockdown.

Take a look at Algeria and Egypt and see how their figures play out in comparison with their respective testing effort, you will not find it hard to reach this time-tested conclusion.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by benji93: 3:04pm On May 01, 2020
But honestly, you need a balance between the activity of testing more people and effective testing. For a population of over 200 million, pool testing is a better option. In fact, there's a high possibility that Nigeria has recorded a relatively larger number of deaths because of slow testing. You need to be able to isolate as many potential positive patients as possible. The earlier you can do that, the better. Although we cannot compare the results of the testing methods, I would think the facts available should urge the NCDC to reassess the efficiency of their method with respect to Nigeria's circumstances-population especially. For a country that has a limited number of testing kits and post-test health management facilities, i would think pool testing should be more effective. Although you may question the efficiency of the pool testing cos, it essentially involves testing a collection of samples, but I suppose scientists must have ascertained the effect of dilution e.t.c on the efficiency prior to recommending such a method.
Landnaira5:

Congratulations to Ghana but I think you need to also tell us that you guys are doing POOL testing while Nigeria is doing case by case testing with aggressive contact tracing. You know what that implies right? You can’t compare both countries since we use different testing methods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Three Giant Scorpions I Killed After One Stung Me (Photos) / How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. / How Can A Lady Flatten Her Big Tummy???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.