Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown (57804 Views)

Ghana Records 271 Fresh COVID-19 Cases — A Week After Lifting Lockdown / COVID-19: US Records 1,169 Deaths In 24 Hours — Highest Single-Day Toll Globally / Nigeria Records 1.3 Million Unwanted Pregnancies, 735000 Abortions In 2018 Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by vaxx: 3:09pm On May 01, 2020
Landnaira5:

Congratulations to Ghana but I think you need to also tell us that you guys are doing POOL testing while Nigeria is doing case by case testing with aggressive contact tracing. You know what that implies right? You can’t compare both countries since we use different testing methods.
covid pool testing is what every western country are presently doing......
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Blindersoff: 3:21pm On May 01, 2020
chrisagyei:
Ghana has an agenda of mass random testing,isolate all cases and treating of patients to avoid or minimize critical health conditions .Currently only two people are critically ill now out of the 2,000 cases.The rest have mild cases and don't even show symptoms of sickness. So early detection ,isolation and treatment is the best approach according to the WHO.

Ghana Health Service is moving from house to house and testing people randomly and tracked through contact tracing through a special app designed in Ghana with 100% Ghanaian made rapid testing kit which has been approved by our Food and Drugs Authority who are not even sick so the probability of isolating over 90% of positive cases is very high.

Test test test is the current cure for this virus so for a country of 29 million people who has done 113,000 testing with 3,200 tests per 1 million people which is the highest in Africa is doing far better than a country of 200 million people who has done 12,000 tests which is 64 tests per 1 million people. Nigeria can do better.Its not a competition so we have to work together. That's how Ghana has the lowest death rate of 17 deaths for a 2,000 case recorded.Egypt and co had over 100 deaths when they reached 2,000 cases buh that is not the case of Ghana.

Shut up you this liar.

The number of tests done in Ghana is not up to 20k. Your government lies like there is no tomorrow.

I am here in Ghana and there is absolutely no house to house testing going on and those tested so far are very very low. Those over 100k acclaimed tested are false figures inflated by your government to keep them in good stead with USA their slave masters

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Blindersoff: 3:24pm On May 01, 2020
rastamouse:
Ghana is following the German model by testing more and detecting early. Look at their death rate. It is very low and their plan seems to be working.

Nigeria doesn't seem to have a plan

Ghana is not testing more. Those are lies. Their death rate is high ignore their lies. They have no plan here because I live in Ghana currently.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by vaxx: 3:26pm On May 01, 2020
benji93:
But honestly, you need a balance between the activity of testing more people and effective testing. For a population of over 200 million, pool testing is a better option. In fact, there's a high possibility that Nigeria has recorded a relatively larger number of deaths because of slow testing. You need to be able to isolate as many potential positive patients as possible. The earlier you can do that, the better. Although we cannot compare the results of the testing methods, I would think the facts available should urge the NCDC to reassess the efficiency of their method with respect to Nigeria's circumstances-population especially. For a country that has a limited number of testing kits and post-test health management facilities, i would think pool testing should be more effective. Although you may question the efficiency of the pool testing cos, it essentially involves testing a collection of samples, but I suppose scientists must have ascertained the effect of dilution e.t.c on the efficiency prior to recommending such a method.
The fact is that, when it comes to some aspects of advance research, Ghana is far ahead of Nigeria. This is so in the area of nuclear and medical research. This is so because we in Ghana easily use our poverty status to seek external assistance . but I think Nigeria is too big for that. lol.i was surprised Nigeria can even seek IMF rapid credit now .

now to the matter of pool testing, it is very sensitive; it detects even the minutest presence of the virus and amplifies it many times. Remember, that Ghana prevalence rate of Corona virus is still very low, around 2.2% of the population. same as in Nigeria as well, pool testing is ideal, fast and cost effective testing method for Corona virus. Google "Corona pool testing" for more information. You will find out that most European countries like Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, etc; and North American countries USA and Canada are all using the PCR pool testing method. Corona pool testing has increased worldwide testing capacities many times over.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by wizzzmike: 3:37pm On May 01, 2020
Blindersoff:

Ghana is not testing more. Those are lies. Their death rate is high ignore their lies. They have no plan here because I live in Ghana currently.

really dude why do you envy Ghana like that. how many death in Ghana compare to Nigeria and u said currently live in Ghana wow
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 01, 2020
Miracle1991:
and your father graduated from which University?
United States of America have More than 60thousand death. Are you telling me that that Trump did not go to any school?, UK, SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY etc also did not go to the university. Only your father went to school. Please bring that your educated father in 2023 for Nigerians to vote. Akuya

You sound like one of the illiterate cronies/relatives of the demonic political elite. So GET GONE PLEASE!!!!
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 01, 2020
Oladayo12:
So you believe buhari is truly not educated?

He is a STARK illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Graysons: 4:18pm On May 01, 2020
Ironi:

Bad belle omo Nigeria.

Truth is Nigeria is the small brother to Ghana, the small brother who become big and richer so he thinks he is the big brother.

Nigeria can only delude itself as the giant of Africa .

grin
You want to cry? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Legendguru: 4:29pm On May 01, 2020
THis is here to stay no panic
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Landnaira5: 5:21pm On May 01, 2020
benji93:
But honestly, you need a balance between the activity of testing more people and effective testing. For a population of over 200 million, pool testing is a better option. In fact, there's a high possibility that Nigeria has recorded a relatively larger number of deaths because of slow testing. You need to be able to isolate as many potential positive patients as possible. The earlier you can do that, the better. Although we cannot compare the results of the testing methods, I would think the facts available should urge the NCDC to reassess the efficiency of their method with respect to Nigeria's circumstances-population especially. For a country that has a limited number of testing kits and post-test health management facilities, i would think pool testing should be more effective. Although you may question the efficiency of the pool testing cos, it essentially involves testing a collection of samples, but I suppose scientists must have ascertained the effect of dilution e.t.c on the efficiency prior to recommending such a method.

Are you aware one is theGold standard testing procedure while the other has limitations and a higher chance of getting false negatives. Are you a scientist? I don’t think pool testing is going to flatten the curve in anyway and that’s that. You will find more positive people yes but they would have been negative if the sat the Bleep at home when they asked us to. A few people on my street tested positive in the first 2 weeks and they are monitoring some people, but I’m not scared. Why? I stayed the duck at home. If those other people didn’t go out they won’t be worried like me.

Are you aware people with permits as essential workers are using their cars as taxis?? To take people around and you expect the numbers to reduce? Haq we’re not ready. My point is the virus will spread even if we start testing 10,000 a day.

I think the first two weeks would have made ALL the difference if Nigerians stayed at home. But here we are now. The lockdown was not well planned.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Oneday82: 5:27pm On May 01, 2020
Bullet01:

https://www.thecable.ng/ghana-records-1032-covid-19-cases-10-days-after-lifting-lockdown

My honest advice is we should be very careful. I foresee danger. The influx of people you will be seeing from Monday will shock you. Coronavirus is real, and we should strictly follow the NCDC guidelines. When you want to enter a public transport, make sure you have your sanitizer with you, once you open the door to enter, apply it immediately and make sure people in the vehicle are not more than 5 persons including the driver for car. Use your face mask.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Blindersoff: 5:33pm On May 01, 2020
wizzzmike:

really dude why do you envy Ghana like that. how many death in Ghana compare to Nigeria and u said currently live in Ghana wow

Keep on believing the lies being released by the Ghanaian govt.

You must have a knot loose in your head if you feel I envy Ghana.

There is absolutely no house to house testing going on and no plan against the covid19 pandemic in Ghana. Here it is business as usual with zero social distancing.
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by benji93: 5:50pm On May 01, 2020
Stop the exaggeration man. In Nuclear and Medical research? I grew up in Ghana, man. grin. I also attended the University of Ghana for a while. So i know what research is like in Ghana. grin. So I am afraid that's a big lie. Ghana is not ahead of Nigeria in advanced research. Ghana doesn't even do much in advanced research. Besides you only restated my support of pool testing. You were looking for an opportunity to gloat about Ghana's involvement in advanced research. It's not as if you invented pool testing. Why are you even mentioning the western countries? I didn't have to do that to make my point. Must we apply everything that the western world applies? Encouraging the use of a method based on the fact that the western world uses it is a terrible way of convincing people-for their own good. The idea of pool testing for COVID was actually suggested recently by an institution in Isreal. It's efficiency for this virus has not actually been extensively studied. But in these trying times and for a large population such as Nigeria, that should be the way to go as it's effective. However, there's still a problem of determining how many samples should be in a pool. You have to be able to properly establish the percent of the population with the infection. you also have to factor in the number of false positives and negatives. In my opinion, you need to have tested a certain percent of a population to establish the factors earlier mentioned. I do not know if those at NCDC have tested enough people to establish these factors, neither do I know what fraction of the population is reasonable. I will have to do extensive research to determine that. I will leave that to those who have been paid to do it. My point is making theses choices are not as easy as you make it seem.
vaxx:
The fact is that, when it comes to some aspects of advance research, Ghana is far ahead of Nigeria. This is so in the area of nuclear and medical research. This is so because we in Ghana easily use our poverty status to seek external assistance . but I think Nigeria is too big for that. lol.i was surprised Nigeria can even seek IMF rapid credit now .

now to the matter of pool testing, it is very sensitive; it detects even the minutest presence of the virus and amplifies it many times. Remember, that Ghana prevalence rate of Corona virus is still very low, around 2.2% of the population. same as in Nigeria as well, pool testing is ideal, fast and cost effective testing method for Corona virus. Google "Corona pool testing" for more information. You will find out that most European countries like Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, etc; and North American countries USA and Canada are all using the PCR pool testing method. Corona pool testing has increased worldwide testing capacities many times over.

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Swanzi(m): 6:00pm On May 01, 2020
Graysons:
You want to cry? grin grin

Gayson with his usual theatrics venom and comedy but behind all this smiling emoji is pain wailing and anguish...

Why don’t u direct ur anger and hate towards ur illiterate born to rule Fulani oligarchs who’ve held ur country hostage and will continue to hold sway even after ur grandchildren's 1st birthday.

Ur ijaw clansman Jonathan was persecuted for less of what is happening now but no u choose to hate Ghanaians and igbos who are not the reason for ur predicament thread after thread may u receive sense ok
Bye bye
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by wizzzmike: 6:00pm On May 01, 2020
Blindersoff:

There is absolutely no house to house testing going on and no plan against the covid19 pandemic in Ghana. Here it is business as usual with zero social distancing.

dude shut up...you don't read the updates the government give so shut up and think about ur country Nigeria
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Swanzi(m): 6:11pm On May 01, 2020
Blindersoff:

Oga calm down no one is manufacturing results here this is not gandollars Kano grin

I understand U’ve been lied to most of ur adult life being a Nigerian so u get trust issues grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by vaxx: 6:31pm On May 01, 2020
benji93:
Stop the exaggeration man. In Nuclear and Medical research? I grew up in Ghana, man. grin. I also attended the University of Ghana for a while. So i know what research is like in Ghana. grin. So I am afraid that's a big lie. Ghana is not ahead of Nigeria in advanced research. Ghana doesn't even do much in advanced research. Besides you only restated my support of pool testing. You were looking for an opportunity to gloat about Ghana's involvement in advanced research. It's not as if you invented pool testing. Why are you even mentioning the western countries? I didn't have to do that to make my point. Must we apply everything that the western world applies? Encouraging the use of a method based on the fact that the western world uses it is a terrible way of convincing people-for their own good. The idea of pool testing for COVID was actually suggested recently by an institution in Isreal. It's efficiency for this virus has not actually been extensively studied. But in these trying times and for a large population such as Nigeria, that should be the way to go as it's effective. However, there's still a problem of determining how many samples should be in a pool. You have to be able to properly establish the percent of the population with the infection. you also have to factor in the number of false positives and negatives. In my opinion, you need to have tested a certain percent of a population to establish the factors earlier mentioned. I do not know if those at NCDC have tested enough people to establish these factors, neither do I know what fraction of the population is reasonable. I will have to do extensive research to determine that. I will leave that to those who have been paid to do it. My point is making theses choices are not as easy as you make it seem.
I am afraid you have lost your reality, the testing methods as we know are all western inclined scientific principle. therefore, it make more sense to redirect you to western country adopting this old techniques in availability of the individual testing.

now, Google "Corona pool testing" and you will find that it's an innovative method being used in Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, etc) and other parts of the world (USA, Canada, Australia, etc). Corona pool testing has increased worldwide testing capacities many times over , just like I said before . It has the same detection limits as doing individual testing. Corona pool testing has the advantage of speed and being cost effective. I am sure you probably doesn't know much about Corona pool testing just like you don't know the capacity of Ghana scientific research . grin

It's works "perfectly" well for virus with a very low prevalence rate. 2.2 percent rate is way lower. Remember, it has a very high sensitivity as well.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Noisyrians: 6:37pm On May 01, 2020
Don’t mind the ediot, Vaxx. Pettiness and stvpidity. Fuelish mudder fuggerz grin

vaxx:
I am afraid you have lost your reality, the testing methods as we know are all western inclined scientific principle. therefore, it make more sense to redirect you to western country adopting this old techniques in availability of the individual testing.

now, Google "Corona pool testing" and you will find that it's an innovative method being used in Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, etc) and other parts of the world (USA, Canada, Australia, etc). Corona pool testing has increased worldwide testing capacities many times over , just like I said before . It has the same detection limits as doing individual testing. Corona pool testing has the advantage of speed and being cost effective. I am sure you probably doesn't know much about Corona pool testing just like you don't know the capacity of Ghana scientific research . grin

It's works "perfectly" well for virus with a very low prevalence rate. 2.2 percent rate is way lower. Remember, it has a very high sensitivity as well.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Noisyrians: 6:39pm On May 01, 2020
You grew up in Ghana so what? Stop talking rubbish!

benji93:

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by benji93: 7:08pm On May 01, 2020
Yes, I am a scientist(advanced student). Not in biomedical science, though. grin. And I agree with your assertion that one is the standard while the other has only been a thing recently, as I suggested in a reply to someone. A trend towards the flat summit of a curve has to ultimately mean a reduction in the number of positives per test. Now, this is based on the assumption that the positives have been uniformly distributed, which may not even be the case here given that this hit us in a very short time. But we could assume that assumption holds approximately given the rate of transmissibility of the virus. In the absence of vaccination, testing is one of the ways to negate the spread of the virus, at least on the part of the government. The government cannot assume all residents will observe all the precautionary measures. As at this moment, a number of people carry the virus, and it must be spreading at a rate that is unknown. Bear in mind this rate could be accelerating. So we would first need to eliminate this acceleration if any, decelerate it, then create the circumstance of an approximately constant number of people with the virus. These can only be achieved by pulling positives out of the population or isolating them from a healthy population in this case. So adopting an accelerated mode of testing people is the way to go, if the factors of percent of the population with the virus, and the number of false positives and negatives per population among many others are established. So the reasonable thing would be to commence testing using the standard, then after a certain number of the population have been tested, we can switch to an accelerated testing method, which in this case is the pool testing method. However in the case of Nigeria, given the relatively nonchalant attitude of most with respect to the virus, it would be more reasonable to start pool testing now. And by the way, you sound like someone living outside Nigeria, living with parents, which are at least in the middle class, or at least in the middle class yourself. Do you know how an average Nigerian survives? Forcing people to sit at home isn't a reasonable way to combat the spread, especially in Nigeria. Nigeria is too sick a country economically to survive such a policy. grin. You may be able to survive this by sitting at home, but a lot of other people can't. The doubts about the recency of the pool testing method are reasonable though. But given our circumstances, any method for testing or treatment with about 70% accuracy is something any country should consider. Also, you added that the pool testing method has a higher chance of getting false positives. Where did you get the fact of "higher chance" from?
Landnaira5:

Are you aware one is theGold standard testing procedure while the other has limitations and a higher chance of getting false negatives. Are you a scientist? I don’t think pool testing is going to flatten the curve in anyway and that’s that. You will find more positive people yes but they would have been negative if the sat the Bleep at home when they asked us to. A few people on my street tested positive in the first 2 weeks and they are monitoring some people, but I’m not scared. Why? I stayed the duck at home. If those other people didn’t go out they won’t be worried like me.

Are you aware people with permits as essential workers are using their cars as taxis?? To take people around and you expect the numbers to reduce? Haq we’re not ready. My point is the virus will spread even if we start testing 10,000 a day.

I think the first two weeks would have made ALL the difference if Nigerians stayed at home. But here we are now. The lockdown was not well planned.

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by benji93: 7:10pm On May 01, 2020
The point is pro-Ghana forces. grin. cannot come here and peddle incorrect information about Ghana. Especially with respect to being advanced. It's bull shit.
Noisyrians:
You grew up in Ghana so what? Stop talking rubbish!

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by baralatie(m): 7:24pm On May 01, 2020
gloriaunobi:
Chinese people tried well well
grin
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by benji93: 7:43pm On May 01, 2020
Lost my reality? I would like to first ask you, as someone else asked me. Are you a researcher? What bullshit. Detection limits of individual testing are the same as pool testing? Are you kidding me? Where did you get that information from man? It's been recommended that any region with more than 2% of its population infected does not qualify for pool testing. You are probably one of these guys that went UPS to read marketing. I don't understand why some of you guys think if someone punches holes in your arguments it must be because he doesn't know anything about it. I just told you i grew up in Ghana, and in fact I studied Biomedical Engineering at UG, and I left cos the research there was crap. I have not disputed the advantages of the use of pool testing. I have only made known the fact that it has only been recently applied to COVID, as such its efficiency is something to be concerned about. Besides pool testing may have been effective for other viruses/diseases but there's no telling how efficient it is with respect to COVID cos it's unprecedented, at least at this scale. Given the urgency of this, we can only apply whatever methods of testing and treatment that have had some success, learn, and modify our methods for better efficiency. As far as I am concerned you only have superficial information on the pool testing method, and that's alright, there are aspects of knowledge we are/were ignorant of. But if you do not have adequate information on a subject, when someone points it out go and search from reliable sources, then provide a comment.
vaxx:

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by vaxx: 8:23pm On May 01, 2020
benji93:
Lost my reality? I would like to first ask you, as someone else asked me. Are you a researcher? What bullshit. Detection limits of individual testing are the same as pool testing? Are you kidding me? Where did you get that information from man? It's been recommended that any region with more than 2% of its population infected does not qualify for pool testing. You are probably one of these guys that went UPS to read marketing. I don't understand why some of you guys think if someone punches holes in your arguments it must be because he doesn't know anything about it. I just told you i grew up in Ghana, and in fact I studied Biomedical Engineering at UG, and I left cos the research there was crap. I have not disputed the advantages of the use of pool testing. I have only made known the fact that it has only been recently applied to COVID, as such its efficiency is something to be concerned about. Besides pool testing may have been effective for other viruses/diseases but there's no telling how efficient it is with respect to COVID cos it's unprecedented, at least at this scale. Given the urgency of this, we can only apply whatever methods of testing and treatment that have had some success, learn, and modify our methods for better efficiency. As far as I am concerned you only have superficial information on the pool testing method, and that's alright, there are aspects of knowledge we are/were ignorant of. But if you do not have adequate information on a subject, when someone points it out go and search from reliable sources, then provide a comment.
I can as well tell you , you are more of Williams Shakespeare student rather than a scientist as you are trying to impersonate .You don't negate an argument by just stating it, you provide explanation as well.

now let me educate you, the anonymous legon drop out , what is “Pooling"" it just means that if you have for example 100 samples to be tested , you put them in pools of ten and, therefore, you test, at a time, 10 pools. So, instead of testing 10 samples, you actually test 100 samples. This is a common simple arithmetic, how is it limited to individual testing is what I am expecting you to state , not just mere twisting words together. just because Nigeria cannot do it , doesn't mean others cannot do it . it is a method that was derived in 1945 for screening samples right from the Blood Bank.

For the fact that there has been a robust data collection programme, of which 98.5% of samples posted negative to the virus shows that Ghana understand this scientific techniques far better than Nigeria, no matter how you publicly disagree. Ghana contact-tracing regimen is outstanding in Africa -i mean on per capita basis.

just 2.2% tested positive of the samples collected. that alone shows it is the best option.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by benji93: 9:49pm On May 01, 2020
I would advise you now to go and get some proper education. I am a published researcher man. And if I don't know what pooling means I would google it, man. Meanwhile, I dropped out of Legon to get a far better education elsewhere. It's as simple as that. And you seem to have an exaggerated sense of your knowledge. Let me reiterate again, I never opined that pool testing should not be adopted. Perhaps you should go and read my post-the first one you mentioned- again. In a follow-up comment I stated that although it's something I recommend given our population, it's better to test a percent of the population individually, extract certain factors from that activity and then commence pool testing. You make it seem as if I clearly consider pool testing inappropriate, hence the reason I suggested that you should get a better education. You really do need that education, man. Honestly, I would like to know if you even attended a university and if you did, what did you study? Cos it doesn't sound like you have adequately enlightened yourself on the subject matter. I have mentioned its limit with respect to individual testing, but since you don't necessarily read my comments, you probably passed over it-i wasn't twisting words, I was stating facts. Again, when the percent of infected persons is more than 2%, pool testing is considered inefficient. The source below indicates a case where pool testing is inefficient
https://spectrum.ieee.org/view-from-the-valley/the-institute/ieee-member-news/everybody-in-the-pool-algorithm-researchers-tackle-the-coronavirus-test-shortage.

I have checked NCDC's website and over 12% of the tested samples are positive, which implies that pool testing may be inappropriate. I suppose that's why they chose not to go that way. Germany, which you mentioned has an infection rate of about 6%, while South Korea has about 1.7%, so if the current infection rate was the same when they began pool testing, I would consider it relatively useful, especially in the case of South Korea. I could argue that perhaps if they had ramped up testing earlier, maybe the pool testing would have been possible, but we are where we are. Also, the number of samples you can pool together depends on the rate of infection. So if you commence testing by employing the pool testing method, you may be pooling the incorrect number of samples. Now the second source has a graph which shows that increasing the pool size increases the number of false negatives. As such if you chose the wrong number in a pool, there's a likelihood that you a pool that tested negative may contain samples from some persons with the virus.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2003.09944.pdf

Besides, 88% of the persons that tested positive in Ghana have no travel history. That's quite alarming. Perhaps you should think about this.

Please if you do not have anything useful, or you have not gotten better enlightenment do not mention me again. Good luck.
vaxx:
I can as well tell you , you are more of Williams Shakespeare student rather than a scientist as you are trying to impersonate .You don't negate an argument by just stating it, you provide explanation as well.

now let me educate you, the anonymous legon drop out , what is “Pooling"" it just means that if you have for example 100 samples to be tested , you put them in pools of ten and, therefore, you test, at a time, 10 pools. So, instead of testing 100 samples, you actually test 1,000 samples. This is a common simple arithmetic, how is it limited to individual testing is what I am expecting you to state , not just mere twisting words together. just because Nigeria cannot do it , doesn't mean others cannot do it . it is a method that was derived in 1945 for screening samples right from the Blood Bank.

For the fact that there has been a robust data collection programme, of which 98.5% of samples posted negative to the virus shows that Ghana understand this scientific techniques far better than Nigeria, no matter how you publicly disagree. Ghana contact-tracing regimen is outstanding in Africa -i mean on per capita basis.

just 2.2% tested positive of the samples collected. that alone shows it is the best option.

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by Noisyrians: 10:02pm On May 01, 2020
Grow up. This is not funny. Th world today deals with facts not some whimsical crap. if you have facts put it out for all to see, instead of hiding behind your hatred to spew crap grin
benji93:
The point is pro-Ghana forces. grin. cannot come here and peddle incorrect information about Ghana. Especially with respect to being advanced. It's bull shit.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by benji93: 10:23pm On May 01, 2020
How about you move on to forums created by Ghanaians? I have comments all over the place, containing facts. Perhaps you are the one that lacks the ability to find information before commenting. Nonsense.
Noisyrians:
Grow up. This is not funny. Th world today deals with facts not some whimsical crap. if you have facts put it out for all to see, instead of hiding behind your hatred to spew crap grin
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by vaxx: 10:28pm On May 01, 2020
benji93:
I would advise you now to go and get some proper education. I am a published researcher man. And if I don't know what pooling means I would google it, man. Meanwhile, I dropped out of Legon to get a far better education elsewhere. It's as simple as that. And you seem to have an exaggerated sense of your knowledge. Let me reiterate again, I never opined that pool testing should not be adopted. Perhaps you should go and read my post-the first one you mentioned- again. In a follow-up comment I stated that although it's something I recommend given our population, it's better to test a percent of the population individually, extract certain factors from these and then commence pool testing. You make it seem as if I clearly consider pool testing inappropriate, hence the reason I suggested that you should get a better education. You really do need that education, man. Honestly, I would like to know if you even attended a university and if you did, what did you study? Cos it doesn't sound like you have adequately enlightened yourself on the subject matter. I have mentioned its limit with respect to individual testing, but since you don't necessarily read my comments, you probably passed over it-i wasn't twisting words, I was stating facts. Again, when the percent of infected persons is more than 2%, pool testing is considered inefficient. The source below indicates a case where pool testing is inefficient
https://spectrum.ieee.org/view-from-the-valley/the-institute/ieee-member-news/everybody-in-the-pool-algorithm-researchers-tackle-the-coronavirus-test-shortage.

I have checked NCDC's website and over 12% of the tested samples are positive, which implies that pool testing may be inappropriate. I suppose that's why they chose not to go that way. Germany, which you mentioned has an infection rate of about 6%, while South Korea has about 1.7%, so if the current infection rate was the same when they began pool testing, I would consider it relatively useful, especially in the case of South Korea. I could argue that perhaps if they had ramped up testing earlier, maybe the pool testing would have been possible, but we are where we are. Also, the number of samples you can pool together depends on the rate of infection. So if you commence testing by employing the pool testing method, you may be pooling the incorrect number of samples. Now the second source has a graph which shows that increasing the pool size increases the number of false negatives. As such if you chose the wrong number in a pool, there's a likelihood that you a pool that tested negative may contain samples from some persons with the virus.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2003.09944.pdf

Besides, 88% of the persons that tested positive in Ghana have no travel history. That's quite alarming. Perhaps you should think about it.

Please if you do not have anything useful, or you have not gotten better enlightenment do not mention me again. Good luck.
Don't be scared of knowledge. Are you aware I am better in this information you are supplying than you. you foolishly think you can used too many words to get scared off. no matter how you try to pretends. you are not a scientist. you are just an anonymous idiot . you are not even debating , you are fighting . drop your gloves .

Now go back to the above link you quoted and explain to us what you foolishly understand by what you see. or I educated you again .

1 Like

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by abokikhalifa: 2:51am On May 02, 2020
DigitalBrands01:
I think personal Hygiene should be the watch word. Because life must go on.

We can't continue this way for the next 2 years if the virus remains with us

Anyway, I will Design a company Logo or Brand for 2500 Only or Website for your Product or Company. Info below

You are typing because you are alive. Dead people don't design. Life first
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:05am On May 02, 2020
Choi
Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by hakym619(m): 10:12am On May 02, 2020
post=89050741:

Na real 'Hmmmmm' matter o.
That is the only thing to say at this point in time.
But let us add the few words below to our 'Hmmmm'...

Our Darling Daddy last speech was like,
to us, was like ….… ok ok ok,
Sebi you people are tired of keeping safe at home,
Alright alright.

I release you all to go and die if you wish to die.
By 4th of May your desire to die is granted to you.
Just give me one more week to make you stay alive.
By 4th of May you are free to go out and die,
your dying can be possible between 8am to 6pm.
If you escape death within those hours then you can still enjoy my arms of love, to keep you safe between hours 8pm to 6am.

But I remain steadfast in keeping your children alive.
So schools remain shut down.

I will also be blameless before God and man,
so all churches mosques night clubs weddings birthday parties etc, remain shut down till further notice.

No beer joints or amala or isi-ewu or Barbecue or Suya spots or joints shall entertain sitting, buy ur food as take away and waka, if you like sit down and drink,
virus lives on surfaces of tables at least between 2 and 4 days,
so you can sit and eat and drink on table surfaces at joints or restaurant.

Sebi you have superpowers…Tooooorrhhhh.
I will still be merciful unto you,
So not all businesses will open.

I had thought Kano will learn from Lagos, Abuja and Ogun lockdown,
I never knew they were so dumb,
Henceforth let me save their lives they are thereby shut down for 2 weeks, they have died stupidly enough,
washing infected hands and drinking the water,
such foolery in quantum measure!

So your staying locked down is now your personal choice.
I have tried my best.
You have all the rights to continue to work from home stock your home with food drinks and toiletries and remain locked down personally.
I have removed my hands from saving you.

If you wish you can lock down your family and only you will go out and get them daily bread and know that it’s only you out there while your wife and children are safe and locked down.
It is your choice.

If you like dont take absolute care when out there.
If you like bring the virus home to your family.
It is your choice.
The people I sent to give you money food and palliative, they swallowed some of it.
I can't come and kill my self.
I have tried, a father has many children, amongst them you have the Esaus and the Jacob’s,
You have the Judas and the Peters.

It also comes to a time in the life of a father,
he tells all his children both good and bad, that this is how much I can be of help.
I have tried ,
you are of age to know what to do.

If you like choose death and go out any how,
If you like choose life and continue to stay home.
Dont think I am happy releasing you by May 4th.
You all have tied my hands ….plus those who ate and swallowed your palliative and those who have been cursing me that i locked you up because I hate you…Toooorhh you are now free to go out If you like,
Don’t wear mask always,
Don’t wash your hands every 20 minutes.
Continue to shake hands and hug people you have missed during the lockdown.
Continue to receive yeye visitors in your home especially those of you with underlined health conditions and aged parents.

Don’t take sanitizers with you when going out.
Don’t use bleach to clean surfaces.
Don’t do social distancing.
Sebi virus is virus.
During HIV and AIDS we still have many of you who damn consequences and do have sex without condoms.
So who am I to force you to use face mask?
If you choose to die by May 4th.
I release you to go and do whatever you want to yourself,
But as for me, my house hold and for all sane Nigerians, (and for all of us @[color=#006600][/color]), we shall choose to live.

U
We Rise!!

I like this dude

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:13pm On May 02, 2020
hakym619:

I like this dude
Awwww, all of us @[color=#006600][/color] love you too!
kiss kiss kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. / The Three Giant Scorpions I Killed After One Stung Me (Photos) / How Can A Lady Flatten Her Big Tummy???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.