Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president (8306 Views)

2023: Northerners Need Someone From North, Not Igbo Or Yoruba – Atiku / If A Yoruba Becomes President / Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by sweetonugbu: 1:44pm On May 03, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
Ibo Man: Its the Ibos turn to rule, we must get our 8 years (Said in the strongest ibo accent you can think of)

Hausa Man: No, No, No, No, we are the majority in this country and it is Hausa's turn we need 12 years in power (Said in a heavy Hausa accent)

Yoruba Man: Actually Hausa Man you have ruled Nigeria for 43 years out of the 60 years of independence so it is now time for the Yoruba's to rule for at least 16 year (Said in a heavy Yoruba accent)

In 2020, this is the kind of tribalistic nonsense we are still talking about meanwhile other Nations are sending people to the moon. Since 1960, 60 years ago we have been playing these mindless tribalistic games which has taken Nigeria backwards economically. In fact 1960 was much more developed than today 2020.

You do realise there are more than 500 other tribes in this Limited PLC called Nigeria right? Not forgetting that the so called IBOS/HAUSAS/YORUBAS sold out Nigeria to the highest bidder while pretending to liberate Nigeria from the British in 1960. Shame on you and these 3 tribes could burn in hell for all I care!
The worst thing that happened to independent Nigeria is IGBO, HAUSA AND YORUBA

1 Like

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by samv140: 1:50pm On May 03, 2020
Only time will tell
Everyone should go and rest
Focus on the virus and stop talking nonsense
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by honeyB2018: 1:56pm On May 03, 2020
Sammy07:

Yinmu keep deceiving yourself not me.

If Peter Obi decamps to APC and he's contesting for presidency

Majority of Igbos will vote for him, why can't they vote for PDP? grin

Abeq, close chapter

Ojukwu and Peter Obi which is more popular in Igbo land, yet Ojukwu lost to PDP. I'm not speaking for the Igbos, I have no mandate to do so. But all I. said previously, is about my very self.
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Sammy07: 2:01pm On May 03, 2020
honeyB2018:

Ojukwu and Peter Obi which is more popular in Igbo land, yet Ojukwu lost to PDP. I'm not speaking for the Igbos, I have no mandate to do so. But all I. said previously, is about my very self.

Alright, I too I'm also speaking for my self.
So, my opinion doesn't mean I'm speaking for the SW entirely.

Last election despite the fact that Osinbanjo was on the ballot, Atiku/Obi got high votes

So, my opinion too.

Stay safe
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Ibechris2: 2:41pm On May 03, 2020
seunmsg:
I had a good laugh reading the nonsense post.

Stop calling peoples opinion nonsense...no wonder oyinbo people are better in the way they react to issues. Na we they condemn our own because of sentiments.

That is just an opinion so respond with respect.

1 Like

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by OFFICIAL336: 3:09pm On May 03, 2020
Sammy07:

Don't even go there cheesy.

We don't do shithole here cheesy

If this governor isn't carefull, he won't get 2nd term.
Unlike Abia cheesy
Simple question, is Osun governor better than Abia State governor?

Leave long grammar and answer the question.
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 03, 2020
tysontim:

Very easy, wat the president need to do is learn from Buhari

Arm twist the opposers with corruption and jail, they will corporate, Senators and house members do not have immunity

This guy sense go kill you. This is exactly buhari type of politics

1 Like

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by pazienza(m): 3:37pm On May 03, 2020
LegendHero:

No you’re getting it wrong. Most Igbo thread always extend on nairaland because Igbos are too emotional. They don’t know when to ignore and when to fight and that’s the major reason why it’s easy to annoy them easily.

On Nairaland there a lot of impostors for tribes, some lie they are Yorubas while they are not and the same for Igbos too.

Take an opinion poll, just create a thread to abuse the Yorubas and create a thread to abuse the Igbos. The Yoruba most times won’t even care, they’ll just ignore and the thread will barely reach 2-3 pages because the Yoruba are not that emotional. But the Igbos will keep commenting every time and getting emotional that the thread might reach 6-7 pages.

Also the Igbos always appear to be more here because of the PDP effect in the SE/SS. Supporting the same party sometimes bring people together in ideologies such that you all support each other every time even when you have no reason to. This gives an illusion of increased number for the dominating tribe and this is what we see here on Nairaland.

On other social media platforms, you won’t see Yorubas talking about Igbo governors or dissecting them during elections coz we just don’t care. But an Igbo man in Anambra will be on Facebook fighting for a Fayose in Ekiti and even abusing the host people and one would but wonder what his justifications are.

That emotional defect is also what made the likes of Fayose, Omokiri, and Fani-Kayode to dribble the Igbos on multiple occasion. Just praise the Igbo man and you can win him over easily. You can’t please the Yoruba by just praising them, infact most wont even acknowledge your praise coz they study motives rather than mere words.

Pure lies. No other ethnic group care about Yoruba threads.
Yoruba threads are usually dead ends left for Yorubas alone.
Igbo threads get infiltrated by all manners of psychos posing as Igbos, replying themselves with different monikers claiming to be from different parts of Igboland. No one will put that amount of energy they put to destroy Igbo threads on non Igbo threads, it's simply not worth it for them. They simply have no energy to drive them to do such. Average Nigerian loses every inhibitions at the mention of Igbo.

That's the only and one reason for problems in Igbo threads on NL. NL handlers like it too, because it generates traffic.

Igbo groups on facebook are a place of Igbo unity. Impostors are usually found out by going through their facebook profiles and weeding them off ASAP.
I don't know what you mean FFK winning Igbos. Most Igbos know he is still a Yoruba snake, but we simply thumb up his good posts about us and ever ready to throw him under the bus, if he changes, same with Omokri. Anytime they make Igbophobic threads, they get it hot.

3 Likes

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 03, 2020
If power eventually returns to the south in 2023, which I seriously have my doubt about, power sharing and appointments should take the reverse order as it is today in Buhari's govt between the south and the North. Arewa Elders and Youth should take note now oooh. What is for the North today will go to south (that is if the country still continue to stand as one country without disintegration) when power returns to the south in 2023. No complain oooooh!!!

1 Like

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Sammy07: 3:58pm On May 03, 2020
OFFICIAL336:

Simple question, is Osun governor better than Abia State governor?

Leave long grammar and answer the question.
Yessssss
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by LegendHero(m): 4:06pm On May 03, 2020
pazienza:

Pure lies. No other ethnic group care about Yoruba threads.
Yoruba threads are usually dead ends left for Yorubas alone.
Igbo threads get infiltrated by all manners of psychos posing as Igbos, replying themselves with different monikers claiming to be from different parts of Igboland. No one will put that amount of energy they put to destroy Igbo threads on non Igbo threads, it's simply not worth it for them. They simply have no energy to drive them to do such. Average Nigerian loses every inhibitions at the mention of Igbo.

That's the only and one reason for problems in Igbo threads on NL. NL handlers like it too, because it generates traffic.

Igbo groups on facebook are a place of Igbo unity. Impostors are usually found out by going through their facebook profiles and weeding them off ASAP.
I don't know what you mean FFK winning Igbos. Most Igbos know he is still a Yoruba snake, but we simply thumb up his good posts about us and ever ready to throw him under the bus, if he changes, same with Omokri. Anytime they make Igbophobic threads, they get it hot.

I am not arguing with you here, I am lecturing you.

Igbos are easy to polarize to a certain degree coz they are more susceptible to the bandwagon effect. That is why Kanu was able to convince almost 70% of a tribe that Buhari is a clone.

It is easier for FFK, Reno, Fayose, etc. to control and use the Igbos because they are too emotionally weak and you just need to disguise as an enemy of their enemy and you can easily win a large percentage of them up.

That emotional weakness also affect Igbos in politics. You can easily predict their moves, the SE is the only region where political analyst can predict with 95% certainty the result of any poll. This always give intellectuals the ability to mitigate against any threat from the SE and plan ahead. The bandwagon effect in the SE is second to none. Just tell them this guy hate Igbo, then you can easily win them over.

Yoruba on the other hand are a different creature. You have to give a lot of solid point before you can convince them. Infact they don’t join other tribal issues that’s not their concern which explained why some people think we don’t tend to care about other tribe much.

A 1000 Reno cannot win over the Yorubas by showing as an enemy of our enemy. Laelae, the Yorubas are like a barrier that you can’t just enter their mind easily. That’s why propaganda don’t influence people much in the SW.

On the issue of multiple monikers, there are lotta people with multiple monikers and those that disguise as a tribe they are not. It’s not only applicable to Igbos, it’s applicable to Yorubas as well. There are lot of times that I’ve busted people disguising as Yorubas on here and I’ve lost count of them tbh.

6 Likes

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by tysontim(m): 4:52pm On May 03, 2020
Subsea:
If power eventually returns to the south in 2023, which I seriously have my doubt about, power sharing and appointments should take the reverse order as it is today in Buhari's govt between the south and the North. Arewa Elders and Youth should take note now oooh. What is for the North today will go to south (that is if the country still continue to stand as one country without disintegration) when power returns to the south in 2023. No complain oooooh!!!

That is exactly what will happen, South will look after South.

I disagree with you on the first aspect, the presidency will and must return to South come 2023
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by pazienza(m): 8:00pm On May 03, 2020
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by pazienza(m): 8:12pm On May 03, 2020
LegendHero:

I am not arguing with you here, I am lecturing you.

Igbos are easy to polarize to a certain degree coz they are more susceptible to the bandwagon effect. That is why Kanu was able to convince almost 70% of a tribe that Buhari is a clone.

It is easier for FFK, Reno, Fayose, etc. to control and use the Igbos because they are too emotionally weak and you just need to disguise as an enemy of their enemy and you can easily win a large percentage of them up.

That emotional weakness also affect Igbos in politics. You can easily predict their moves, the SE is the only region where political analyst can predict with 95% certainty the result of any poll. This always give intellectuals the ability to mitigate against any threat from the SE and plan ahead. The bandwagon effect in the SE is second to none. Just tell them this guy hate Igbo, then you can easily win them over.

Yoruba on the other hand are a different creature. You have to give a lot of solid point before you can convince them. Infact they don’t join other tribal issues that’s not their concern which explained why some people think we don’t tend to care about other tribe much.

A 1000 Reno cannot win over the Yorubas by showing as an enemy of our enemy. Laelae, the Yorubas are like a barrier that you can’t just enter their mind easily. That’s why propaganda don’t influence people much in the SW.

On the issue of multiple monikers, there are lotta people with multiple monikers and those that disguise as a tribe they are not. It’s not only applicable to Igbos, it’s applicable to Yorubas as well. There are lot of times that I’ve busted people disguising as Yorubas on here and I’ve lost count of them tbh.

You are just speaking out of point. Yorubas are immune to bandwagon, yet Tinubu holds sway and dictates for all. He packaged a barely educated Buhari as a messiah and Yorubas were all bowing to him.
What exactly does Buhari being clone have to do with anything, its not like any one can prove or disprove it.
Last time I checked it in Yorubaland that Akintola and Awolowo so brainwashed the people that they were killing each other in open streets. Saraduna and Balewa just easily used Akintola to deceive gullible Yorubas and set the region on blood carnage, thats how easy It is to manipulate and toy with Yorubas. Despite Nigeria attempt to balkanize Igboland post civil war using traiors in our midst, we remain strong.

You seem to be ruffled by Omokri and FFK posts. They are both currently anti Buhari and APC bad rule in the land, which means that most times they are saying the truth about the government as we know it. So naturally, we add fuel to their fire and nudge them on from the sidelines. It does not in anyway mean that if they turn tomorrow and start supporting Buhari or posting Igbophobic things, that Ndiigbo would still support them.
You are the emotional one yet to understand the Igbo.
The Igbo dont identify with people, we identify with ideologies, with opinions. As long as you stand for and promote those opinions or ideologies the Igbo hold dear, you get our conditional support. The support is only conditional and depends on you to continually represent those opinions and Ideologies we hold dear.
The minute you are seen to not be holding unto those ideologies, you would lose our support.

The Yorubas are much more susceptible to propaganda than Igbo, Osun under Aregbesola is as bad as Abia, but the propaganda there is strong, so there is no pan Yoruba condemnation of Osun government as there is pan Igbo condemnation of bad Abia government.

Yoruba topics are dead ends on NL ,except hot ones like Amotekun that happen once in a while.
Igbo topics are traffic spinners with tens of non Igbo monikers masquerading as Igbo. There is no comparison at all.

I couldn't agree more with you on the submission that Ndiigbo are totally different from Yorubas. I agree fully,that Ndiigbo have nothing whatsoever in common with Yorubas or Arewa and that total severance from these two alien cultures , is the only Ndiigbo will truly have a real chance to attain our full potential as a people.
I have no doubt about this.

6 Likes

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by LegendHero(m): 8:30pm On May 03, 2020
pazienza:

You are just speaking out of point. Yorubas are immune to bandwagon, yet Tinubu holds sway and dictates for all. He packaged a barely educated Buhari as a messiah and Yorubas were all bowing to him.

Tinubu was able to hold sway because APC gave a better choice than PDP governors in the SW. In all election, APC have never won any state in the SW with 65-70% of the votes because Yoruba vote differently. Even with Tinubu, we have had governors across several party in all states of the SW except Lagos.

Buhari was the better choice on 2015 because Jonathan is totally clueless and people deserved a change. Jonathan still got almost 40% of the votes in the SW in 2015 and that showed you Yorubas don’t follow bandwagon. We all have different approach to political issue which explained why even in Osun, Oyetola had to tie 50/50 with Adeleke even with the influence of Tinubu. Yoruba are complex beings when it comes to politics.

The Igbo case is more worrisome, you all claim to not follow leaders but you guys are like sheeples that follow one direction without dissenting mind. It’s all 85% vote for a single party ever since 1999 in presidential election. Your state election reflect majorly one party coz there are lot of states in the SE that has been in the hold of PDP since 1999. You are all controlled by an unseen force that always induce you all to think and behave the same to situation.

What exactly does Buhari being clone have to do with anything, its not like any one can prove or disprove it.
It shows propaganda can easily fly in Igbo land and it has shown that education is not the same as intelligence. Kanu was able to control that amount of Igbos with that ridiculous claim because you guys cluster together in thinking and you don’t give dissenting voices to issues. Just follow the bandwagon without thinking.

Last time I checked it in Yorubaland that Akintola and Awolowo so brainwashed the people that they were killing each other in open streets. Saraduna and Balewa just easily used Akintola to deceive gullible Yorubas and set the region on blood carnage, thats how easy It is to manipulate and toy with Yorubas. Despite Nigeria attempt to balkanize Igboland post civil war using traiors in our midst, we remain strong.
This buttress my fact that Yorubas don’t follow the bandwagon. That’s political turmoil that happened in the western region due to the fact that some side want Yoruba to go pro-north while the other is against northern alliance. Akintola till date was not respected in the SW and the only legacy left of him is the LAUTECH naked after him. You tend to misunderstand the meaning of the bandwagon effect. Read more on it and see you correct your notion.

You see to be ruffled by Omokri and FFK posts. They are both currently anti Buhari and APC bad rule in the land, which means that most times they are saying the truth about the government as we know it. So naturally, we add fuel to their fire and nudge them on from the sidelines. It does not in anyway mean that if they turn tomorrow and start supporting Buhari or posting Igbophobic things, that Ndiigbo would still support them.
The Igbo dont identify with people, we identify with ideologies, with opinions. As long as you stand for and promote those opinions or ideologies the Igbo hold dear, you get our conditional support. The support is only conditional and depends on you to continually represent those opinions and Ideologies we hold dear.
The minute you are seen to not be holding unto those ideologies, you would lose our support.

Do you think all Yorubas are pro-Buhari? Why don’t the Yorubas in PDP act like the Igbos every time and keep cursing Buhari and supporting people like FFK online. That’s because Yorubas are wise and they can see the motive behind actions. Buhari got just over 54% of the SW vote in 2019 even with Osinbajo on the ballot. That tells you there are actually a lot of Yorubas that don’t want him but yet they don’t resort to been uncouth like the Igbos online.

Igbos have no ideology. Their stance always change easily because they seems to be confused on what they want collectively. That’s why during Jonathan era Biafra noise went down and after that Biafra was more pronounced.

The other tribes already understood your game and they don’t even take your word serious anymore. Last election, you all shouted stay at home and no vote. During the election you all came out to vote.

Before election you were all abusing Fulani and you still resorted to support Atiku at the polls. You all call Yoruba Fulani slaves for voting Buhari, but you guys are not Fulani slaves by voting Shagari-Tofa-Atiku.

You all shouted every tribe should defend themselves against Fulani, when Yoruba brought Amotekun, your governors backtracked and queue behind the state police (the same police that is ineffective). I can go on and on.

Igbos don’t have any ideology. I can debate this anytime any day. You guys are just confused on what you actually want!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by adadike(f): 12:12am On May 04, 2020
pazienza:

You seem to be ruffled by Omokri and FFK posts. They are both currently anti Buhari and APC bad rule in the land, which means that most times they are saying the truth about the government as we know it. So naturally, we add fuel to their fire and nudge them on from the sidelines. It does not in anyway mean that if they turn tomorrow and start supporting Buhari or posting Igbophobic things, that Ndiigbo would still support them.

The Yorubas are much more susceptible to propaganda than Igbo, Osun under Aregbesola is as bad as Abia, but the propaganda there is strong, so there is no pan Yoruba condemnation of Osun government as there is pan Igbo condemnation of bad Abia government.

Yoruba topics are dead ends on NL ,except hot ones like Amotekun that happen once in a while.
Igbo topics are traffic spinners with tens of non Igbo monikers masquerading as Igbo. There is no comparison at all.

I couldn't agree more with you on the submission that Ndiigbo are totally different from Yorubas. I agree fully,that Ndiigbo have nothing whatsoever in common with Yorubas or Arewa and that total severance from these two alien cultures , is the only Ndiigbo will truly have a real chance to attain our full potential as a people.
I have no doubt about this.
I need to give you a hug! God bless you

1 Like

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Kennyswag: 12:45am On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

No you’re getting it wrong. Most Igbo thread always extend on nairaland because Igbos are too emotional. They don’t know when to ignore and when to fight and that’s the major reason why it’s easy to annoy them easily.

On Nairaland there a lot of impostors for tribes, some lie they are Yorubas while they are not and the same for Igbos too.

Take an opinion poll, just create a thread to abuse the Yorubas and create a thread to abuse the Igbos. The Yoruba most times won’t even care, they’ll just ignore and the thread will barely reach 2-3 pages because the Yoruba are not that emotional. But the Igbos will keep commenting every time and getting emotional that the thread might reach 6-7 pages.

Also the Igbos always appear to be more here because of the PDP effect in the SE/SS. Supporting the same party sometimes bring people together in ideologies such that you all support each other every time even when you have no reason to. This gives an illusion of increased number for the dominating tribe and this is what we see here on Nairaland.

On other social media platforms, you won’t see Yorubas talking about Igbo governors or dissecting them during elections coz we just don’t care. But an Igbo man in Anambra will be on Facebook fighting for a Fayose in Ekiti and even abusing the host people and one would but wonder what his justifications are.

That emotional defect is also what made the likes of Fayose, Omokiri, and Fani-Kayode to dribble the Igbos on multiple occasion. Just praise the Igbo man and you can win him over easily. You can’t please the Yoruba by just praising them, infact most wont even acknowledge your praise coz they study motives rather than mere words.
jesu

1 Like

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Szkpytqgdcvx925: 6:35am On May 04, 2020
tysontim:
- After 8 eight they won't let go
If Umahi or Onu or Okorocha or Ngigi or Obi or Orji gets it, they will "attempt" to rotate across the 5 eastern states.
Abia
Imo
Enugu
Ebonyi
Anambra. (It is possible Buhari have taught Nigerians how to rig very well with military) but Nigerians will resist heavily. They will then hand over to North,precisely a Christian from Benue may the igbos in Benue. After 8 eight years it will simply go to SW.

Finally they will establish weapons manufacturing base at Ohafia, they will say is for Nigerian army, but truth is it is for igbos.(because of the war)
They will establish the biggest Nigerian grain silo at Ebony (war have taught them something)

Then the president will do like Buhari

- army chief - igbo
- air Force igbo
- Navy - Cross river
- Defence - SW
- Customs - Igbo
- DSS - Igbo (this will be the main Igbo military wing, as the army is already occupied by northerners)
- CBN - North
- Immigration - Igbo

Creation of states which are
- additional one SE state.
- Southern Kaduna which will be added to NC
- Creating a state from Kwara and adding it to SW

Tanko will be served the same coin like his predecessor and will be replaced with Igbo
FIRS - SW
Minister of finance - Okonjo might return
Senate president - Igbo
House - North

Now to the Yorubas what they will do

Someone like Tinubu, Fashola or Fayemi,

They will serve their 8 eight years

Then the president will do like Buhari too

- army chief - Yoruba
- air Force Yoruba
- Navy - Akwa Ibom Ss
- Defence - igbo
- Customs - Igbo
- DSS - Yoruba (this will be the main Yoruba military wing, as the army is already occupied by northerners)
- CBN - igbo
- Immigration - North
- Petroleum - Yoruba

- They will attempt to implement some form of regionization
- Special status for Lagos
- SW development commission
- Amotokun - will be equipped like the army.
- Igbo and Fulani/Hausa will be put in their place. Especially if they don't behave.

Tanko will be served the same coin like his predecessor and will be replaced with Yoruba
FIRS - SE
Petroleum - Yoruba
Senate president - Yoruba
House - SS

The truth is after Buhari Nigeria will never remain the same, Buhari is the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria in terms of governance. It now will all man to himself.

Some say they will vote any person that misbehaves out? Hello Yoruba and Igbo are major ethnic group the reason GEJ lost is cus he is from a minority.

Buhari have taught all us how to rig and rig very well with military. Expect heavy miltary presence in

- NW and NE
If they can't win those states in they make sure the opposition gets as little votes as possible.

The south have learnt not trust North wen it comes to election, despite the assurance of Northerners to GEJ which made GEJ relax he lost. That's difference between OBJ and GEJ.

Buhari didn't take chances with South we all saw how he magically decreased the votes coming from South.

As for who Yorubas hand over? They will hand over to North - Benue or a Yoruba from Kogi state. After the North it will go to SE.

Note: This the dream I had today o.

Mark it somewhere if Presidency comes to South it will be difficult for Fulani/hausa to get presidency again.

Nigerians which is better Igbo or Yoruba for 2023?

and you think North will hand over presidency to south again will disasters that we have seen in recent years "Never again"
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by pazienza(m): 7:50am On May 04, 2020
LegendHero

Tinubu was able to hold sway because APC gave a better choice than PDP governors in the SW. In all election, APC have never won any state in the SW with 65-70% of the votes because Yoruba vote differently. Even with Tinubu, we have had governors across several party in all states of the SW except Lagos.

How exactly did Tinubu give better choice?any evidence that APC controlled SW are doing better than PDP controlled SE states like Ebonyi and Enugu?
'SE has three parties controlling the state governorship positions, its been like that since 2015, Yorubas are still learners.

Buhari was the better choice on 2015 because Jonathan is totally clueless and people deserved a change. Jonathan still got almost 40% of the votes in the SW in 2015 and that showed you Yorubas don’t follow bandwagon. We all have different approach to political issue which explained why even in Osun, Oyetola had to tie 50/50 with Adeleke even with the influence of Tinubu. Yoruba are complex beings when it comes to politics.

Buhari was never a better choice, you were all blinded by Igbophobia because GEJ seem to be Igbo choice. Buhari has no school certificate, cannot debate, hardly able to articulate his points in English, old , feeble and sick, you probably thought he would die on seat so that you can greedily sneak the presidency again after 8yrs of OBJ presidency, thats how greedy and power hungry you are.
Buhari had antecedents of bad leadership in his regime as a military man, he was part and parcel of Abacha corrupt government and till today maintains that Abacha never stole despite badges of Abacha loots the country has been recovering since 1999.
Buhari has no tangible successful business nor had he improved himself educationally by enrolling in school programs since he left power, so we knew that Buhari is not an improvement driven individual nor a successful business administrator/manager before 2015.

The Igbo are a people of foresight and we know a failure when we see one, because unlike your people, we are never blinded by sentiments or hate, so much as to sacrifice performance and competence on the altar of tribalism and hate.
Events of 2015 to present has justified Igbo rejection of Buhari, all we said about him have all come to pass.
That Buhari became a popular candidate capable of winning election in SW shows the below:

1. Yorubas are a people on the majority driven by hate and emotions.
All Tinubu needed to sell Buhari in SW was to create and the sell the narrative that GEJ was an Igbo president.

2. Yorubas are innately incapable of rising above tribalism, Buhari had been making Igbo persons(Ogbnnaya Onu 2007, Okadigbo 2003)his VPs, even when Buhari was contesting against non Igbos like OBj, Yaradua, Ndiigbo rose above ethnicism and rejected the failure many times. But the moment Buhari made Bakare a Yoruba man the VP in 2011, he started making inroads in Yorubaland , because Yorubas on the majority are driven by atavistic tribalism.

3. Yorubas are easily brainwashed by Propaganda. Tinubu did an Italian job on Yorubas, so much that even seemingly educated ones like Soyinka was not spared from buying the propaganda, genetics won over training in the end.

The Igbo case is more worrisome, you all claim to not follow leaders but you guys are like sheeples that follow one direction without dissenting mind. It’s all 85% vote for a single party ever since 1999 in presidential election. Your state election reflect majorly one party coz there are lot of states in the SE that has been in the hold of PDP since 1999. You are all controlled by an unseen force that always induce you all to think and behave the same to situation.

We follow ideologies. PDP is a liberal national party that always throw up educated and liberal presidential candidates from 1999 to date.
Olu falae is a regular tribal Yoruba man deeply rooted in Afenifere politics, we knew he wouldn't offer Ndiigbo equity as good as an OBJ who was more exposed and less rooted in Yoruba tribal politics.
In 2003, despite dangling Igbo VP before us, the average Igbo knew that Buhari was not an option. Yorubas knew this too in 2003, because you totally ignored Buhari then, or maybe its your normal tribalism driven politics at work, a case of voting a Yoruba man you felt was a devil 4 years before, because the alternative would have been voting a non Yoruba in Buhari. You lots are as always incapable of rising above primitive tribal politics you package as sophisticated politics and sell to brainless gullible people.
In 2007, Buhari would tempt the Igbo again by presenting us a VP in Ogbonnaya Onu, but despite the manner PDP shortchanged us in the VP slot in favour of SS, we rose above tribalism and knew that an educated and liberal Yaradua who came to Enugu to campaign, offers us a better chance of equity than a former military dictator from Daura.
We can go on with this, but fact remains that from 1999 to 2019, PDP has always thrown up educated, enlightened and liberal presidential materials, and this aligns perfectly with Igbo ideologies , which is why we kept voting them, even when they were non Igbos. The unforseen force you speak of is our (Igbo) common ideology, the very desire for quality leadership, equity, fairness and excellence, it always make us to vote for any candidate that show glimpses of having capabilities to deliver on those qualities based on past antecedents in politics or private life achievements.

Igbo state politics has never been one party. PDP only control Enugu, Ebonyi and Abia. Imo and Anambra has been multi party system

It shows propaganda can easily fly in Igbo land and it has shown that education is not the same as intelligence. Kanu was able to control that amount of Igbos with that ridiculous claim because you guys cluster together in thinking and you don’t give dissenting voices to issues. Just follow the bandwagon without thinking.
Kanu keyed into an Ideology Ndiigbo identify with, that is BIAFRA.
Kanu doesn't control Igbos, any moment he is thought to have deviated significantly from working for Biafra achievement, his followership will wane , like Uwazuruike waned.
As a matter of fact, Kanu fanship is declining in Igboland. I was his fan 3yrs ago, but currently not so, because his idea of heterogeneous Biafra comprising of Igbo resenting "non Igbo" groups in SS and NC, does not sit well with me and growing number of Igbo nationalist. I personally believe that his penchant for majoring in irrelevant issues like Atiku nationality, Buhari clone, etc, are all unnecessary distractions that in no way improve the living standards of the Biafran nor help the chances of Biafra actualization. Kanu looks to me like one out of ideas and just wasting our time, so I withdrew my support until he is back on track. Biafra in Igboland is an ideology that once you are perceived to be fighting for, would gain you grassroots support.

Do you think all Yorubas are pro-Buhari? Why don’t the Yorubas in PDP act like the Igbos every time and keep cursing Buhari and supporting people like FFK online. That’s because Yorubas are wise and they can see the motive behind actions. Buhari got just over 54% of the SW vote in 2019 even with Osinbajo on the ballot. That tells you there are actually a lot of Yorubas that don’t want him but yet they don’t resort to been uncouth like the Igbos online.

Yorubas in PDP curse Buhari as much as Igbos do. The entire Nigeria are currently cursing Buhari, people are just obsessed with Igbos, thats all, so anything others do, that we do, becomes magnified.
The amount of uncouth languages Yoruba people used on GEJ between 2011 to 2015 is unprecedented in Nigerian history. Ndiigbo cannot even muster such for Buhari. Your Yoruba PDP are held back from attacking Buhari incompetence, because they can't rise above tribalism. They feel obligated to keep quiet because they feel and know that fellow Yorubas like Osibanjo, Kemi, Fashola, Adesina, Tinubu, are part and parcel of the failure called Buhari administration. They as always can't rise above their tribalism.

Igbos have no ideology. Their stance always change easily because they seems to be confused on what they want collectively. That’s why during Jonathan era Biafra noise went down and after that Biafra was more pronounced.

The other tribes already understood your game and they don’t even take your word serious anymore. Last election, you all shouted stay at home and no vote. During the election you all came out to vote.

On the contrary, Igbos live and die by ideologies, it makes us a bit predictable and big disadvantage in a dysfunctional society like Nigeria, but it would serve us well in an independent republic of Igboland.
The whole idea that Igbos stopped Biafra during GEJ era is laughable when you realize that it was during GEJ era that A group of Biafrans tried to hijack radio Nigeria Enugu and were arrested. In same era, IPOB was born and held rallies all over SE especially Aba, where NK bashed GEJ to no end.
NK brought the no election in 2019 mantra, Igbos kicked against it and forced NK to retract the order at the last minute. Its a testament to the fact that Igbos only stand by a leader, when he stand by them.

Before election you were all abusing Fulani and you still resorted to support Atiku at the polls. You all call Yoruba Fulani slaves for voting Buhari, but you guys are not Fulani slaves by voting Shagari-Tofa-Atiku.

You all shouted every tribe should defend themselves against Fulani, when Yoruba brought Amotekun, your governors backtracked and queue behind the state police (the same police that is ineffective). I can go on and on.

Igbos don’t have any ideology. I can debate this anytime any day. You guys are just confused on what you actually want!

Ndiigbo have nothing against Fulanis as far as Nigeria elections are concerned we voted for Yaradua and Atiku because they were liberal educated people and the alternative represented failure, retrogression and pains, and we have been justified since 2015.
Shagari won no elections in Igboland. Zik won the presidential elections of 1979 and 1983 in Igboland, clearing more than 80 percent of the votes casted.
Tofa won only marginally in Igboland. Abiola won Anambra state and took at least 45 percent of votes in other Igbo states, despite Tofa having an Igbo VP.
We knew Amotekun was usual Yoruba gimmicks and hot air Amala politics, and we have again been justified. You are the hypocrites who are in bed with Fulani president who supports the herdsmen, yet you were trying to incite the rest of the south against Fulanis so that once we start, you would retract back Amotekun and go back in bed with Fulanis. We read you game all too well and played our cards well.I see you are pained at how easy we read you.

2 Likes

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by tysontim(m): 7:55am On May 04, 2020
Szkpytqgdcvx925:

and you think North will hand over presidency to south again will disasters that we have seen in recent years "Never again"

Does North have the presidency? It is in hands of Nigerians , Nigerians has decided it is going to South
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Szkpytqgdcvx925: 10:10am On May 04, 2020
tysontim:

Does North have the presidency? It is in hands of Nigerians , Nigerians has decided it is going to South

so make it to go south. you think with way you guys behave you think Nigerians will ever trust you again. the real Nigerians are the one to decide not the third class citizens you mentioned.
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by tysontim(m): 11:21am On May 04, 2020
Szkpytqgdcvx925:

so make it to go south. you think with way you guys behave you think Nigerians will ever trust you again. the real Nigerians are the one to decide not the third class citizens you mentioned.

I still do not understand you sir? The next president come 2023 is from South, SW or SE it does not matter so far a Christian Souther gets the seat
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Influenza: 1:20pm On May 04, 2020
[s]
tysontim:
- After 8 eight they won't let go
If Umahi or Onu or Okorocha or Ngigi or Obi or Orji gets it, they will "attempt" to rotate across the 5 eastern states.
Abia
Imo
Enugu
Ebonyi
Anambra. (It is possible Buhari have taught Nigerians how to rig very well with military) but Nigerians will resist heavily. They will then hand over to North,precisely a Christian from Benue may the igbos in Benue. After 8 eight years it will simply go to SW.

Finally they will establish weapons manufacturing base at Ohafia, they will say is for Nigerian army, but truth is it is for igbos.(because of the war)
They will establish the biggest Nigerian grain silo at Ebony (war have taught them something)

Then the president will do like Buhari

- army chief - igbo
- air Force igbo
- Navy - Cross river
- Defence - SW
- Customs - Igbo
- DSS - Igbo (this will be the main Igbo military wing, as the army is already occupied by northerners)
- CBN - North
- Immigration - Igbo

Tanko will be served the same coin like his predecessor and will be replaced with Igbo
FIRS - SW
Senate president - Igbo
House - North

Now to the Yorubas what they will do

Someone like Tinubu, Fashola or Fayemi,

They will serve their 8 eight years

Then the president will do like Buhari too

- army chief - Yoruba
- air Force Yoruba
- Navy - Akwa Ibom Ss
- Defence - igbo
- Customs - Igbo
- DSS - Yoruba (this will be the main Yoruba military wing, as the army is already occupied by northerners)
- CBN - igbo
- Immigration - North
- Petroleum - Yoruba

- They will attempt to implement some form of regionization
- Special status for Lagos
- SW development commission
- Amotokun - will be equipped like the army.
- Igbo and Fulani/Hausa will be put in their place. Especially if they don't behave.

Tanko will be served the same coin like his predecessor and will be replaced with Yoruba
FIRS - SE
Petroleum - Yoruba
Senate president - Yoruba
House - SS

The truth is after Buhari Nigeria will never remain the same, Buhari is the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria in terms of governance. It now will all man to himself.

Some say they will vote any person that misbehaves out? Hello Yoruba and Igbo are major ethnic group the reason GEJ lost is cus he is from a minority.

Buhari have taught all us how to rig and rig very well with military. Expect heavy miltary presence in

- NW and NE
If they can't win those states in they make sure the opposition gets as little votes as possible.

The south have learnt not trust North wen it comes to election, despite the assurance of Northerners to GEJ which made GEJ relax he lost. That's difference between OBJ and GEJ.

Buhari didn't take chances with South we all saw how he magically decreased the votes coming from South.

As for who Yorubas hand over? They will hand over to North - Benue or a Yoruba from Kogi state. After the North it will go to SE.

Note: This the dream I had today o.

Mark it somewhere if Presidency comes to South it will be difficult for Fulani/hausa to get presidency again.

Nigerians which is better Igbo or Yoruba for 2023?
[/s]

You're a mumu man!
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by tysontim(m): 1:38pm On May 04, 2020
Influenza:
[s][/s]

You're a mumu man!

Whatever get it this into your head Nigerians are looking forward to a strong Southern president come 2023
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by flyingpig: 9:11am On Aug 05, 2020
Sammy07:

Mr man, I'm a graduate of UNN.

You guys lies were you built Lagos, it was busted.
You changed to, Ogun is closer to Lagos.
Now you wanna claim Ibadan is proximity to Lagos??

Metaphysical, legendhero, itooworwor.
Seriously That means you must know East well cause virtually all Easterners from various Eastern states camp at Nsukka. You should know Enugu city and Enugu rural well too.
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Sammy07: 9:19am On Aug 05, 2020
flyingpig:
Seriously That means you must know East well cause virtually all Easterners from various Eastern states camp at Nsukka. You should know Enugu city and Enugu rural well too.

I don't know east too well.
But I graduated from UNN (Enugu campus)
Finance department.

I and my couple of friends go to owerri well well
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by flyingpig: 9:21am On Aug 05, 2020
Sammy07:

I don't know east too well.
But I graduated from UNN (Enugu campus)
Finance department.

I and my couple of friends go to owerri well well
ndi uwa! grin Imsu and nekede girls hear am for una hand well well cheesy imsu n clubbing na Siamese twins and their girls can fine kiss you enjoy skul o
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Sammy07: 9:24am On Aug 05, 2020
flyingpig:
ndi uwa! grin Imsu and nekede girls hear am for una hand well well cheesy imsu n clubbing na Siamese twins and their girls can fine kiss you enjoy skul o

grin that is the main reason for going to owerri grin
Friday / Saturday (IMSU girls wink )
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by flyingpig: 9:38am On Aug 05, 2020
Sammy07:

wink wink
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by tysontim(m): 7:36am On Dec 10, 2020
Sammy07:

At this rate Owerri girls will just rape, take care

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award / The 1978 Nigerian Land Use Act / Benue: PDP Replies APC, Says Ortom Not Aware Of Hunters' Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.