Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president (8310 Views)

2023: Northerners Need Someone From North, Not Igbo Or Yoruba – Atiku / If A Yoruba Becomes President / Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Exc2000: 8:12pm On May 02, 2020
tysontim:

You don't understand, identity is the most important thing, SW is getting ready for regionalization

stop deceiving yourself, regionalism would only happen the day Niger Delta Oil and Gas reserve is fully depleted, anybody deceiving you with regionalism is just fooling your for your vote... Anambra and Ebonyi can never return under administrative head quarters of Enugu, after tasting freedom and monthly oil allocation dollars
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by tysontim(m): 8:15pm On May 02, 2020
omonnakoda:

Any president is strong if they are competent. GEJ was incompetent and inexperienced
Gowon IBB and Abacha were all minorities so that is not an issue.

The truth is that GEJ had thinly disguised hostility toward the Yoruba and failed to unite the south. Do not forget that he won every state except Osun in 2011 where he came 2nd to Ribadu. After that he revealed his antipathy to Yorubas and paid dearly for it He started talking of Ijaw nation and other foolish talk unbecoming of the office
He showed his political naivety in the way he managed the PDP innthe SW losing all the governorship seats and attacking all the PDP stalwarts because he thought they were close to Obasanjo.
Why did he wait till 2014 before bringing up a conference on the structure.

Bottom line he was unprepared for office .

You a point there. We still don't need a minority from the South he won't have the heart to stand for the South.

GEJ did more for North than South

Mind you SW got a better deal during GEJ than Buhari now.

Though the SE benefit more. But the truth a minority can't do much for South

2 Likes

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Exc2000: 8:16pm On May 02, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
Emir alhaji Ibrahim sulu gambari is the only recognized traditional ruler in kwara state any other ruler is a thief

Ibos are hard to argue with... Kwara is a state, Ilorin is a city, kwara has many cities and town with different rulers.. hope you understand now or I should use Anambra and its many communal and township kingship for an example

1 Like

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Exc2000: 8:17pm On May 02, 2020
tysontim:

You a point there. We still don't need a minority from the South he won't have the heart to stand for the South.

mention just one thing SW or Yoruba benefited from Jonathan.. just one
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by omonnakoda: 8:18pm On May 02, 2020
tysontim:

Whether we need it is not the issue the political reality is what I am on about can such a candidate win compared so an Ibo candidate going against a Yoruba candidate.

I believe an Ijaw candidate has a better chance

SW got a better deal?

You are joking right??

2 Likes

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Sammy07: 8:25pm On May 02, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
Emir alhaji Ibrahim sulu gambari is the only recognized traditional ruler in kwara state any other ruler is a thief

Go and sleep.
Emir is the only for ilorin ONLY
What was your initial statement??

That there is no Oba in kwara state.
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 02, 2020
Sammy07:

Go and sleep.
Emir is the only for ilorin ONLY
What was your initial statement??

That there is no Oba in kwara state.
yes the oba is just like the ear ndi igbo kwara they re both insignificant,..kwara answers only to the emir who is a subject and slave to the sokoto caliphate

1 Like

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Sammy07: 8:39pm On May 02, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
yes the oba is just like the ear ndi igbo kwara they re both insignificant,..kwara answers only to the emir who is a subject and slave to the sokoto caliphate

It's that what they told you in Alaigbo?? grin

Is it all igbo communities that bear Igwe??

Don't lemme op you guys yansh today
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by tysontim(m): 8:50pm On May 02, 2020
Sammy07:

It's that what they told you in Alaigbo?? grin

Is it all igbo communities that bear Igwe??

Don't lemme op you guys yansh today

That guy is not Igbo neither is he Yoruba.
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by tysontim(m): 8:51pm On May 02, 2020
Exc2000:

stop deceiving yourself, regionalism would only happen the day Niger Delta Oil and Gas reserve is fully depleted, anybody deceiving you with regionalism is just fooling your for your vote... Anambra and Ebonyi can never return under administrative head quarters of Enugu, after tasting freedom and monthly oil allocation dollars

Regionalism can still happen without removing the oil money sharing to states
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Sammy07: 8:56pm On May 02, 2020
tysontim:

That guy is not Igbo neither is he Yoruba.

Oh, better.
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 9:47pm On May 02, 2020
CzarChris:
I'm an Igbo man and a very proud one at that, I'm happy an igboman is not president yet and I wish it last longer than 50years. You guys think you are marginalizing us? The joke is on you guys.

We the Igbos were robbed and almost decimated after that civil war. But look at Igbo land today, we believe that a person abandoned can't abandon himself. The North and West believe in politics and it's drawing back development in those areas because politics is a means of quick money. Apart from some parts of Lagos and Abuja which other part of Nigeria is as developed as igboland? Self-help is working for us. Apart from some greedy and moronic igbomen like rochas and co that can't stand up and talk in a village meeting in igboland touting for presidency.
Eat your presidency, my Warri friend once said, "hunger go make you discover talent". Continue with your presidency while we keep growing our home and buying up your lands. It's only a matter of time.

Have been hearing this sentence for the past 20 years.

Empty chest beating.

Be boasting about a region that has no city in all of it. Is it not that Same South-East littered with villages and small towns.

You buy all the land grin grin grin grin Joke of the century!

Empty barrels!

2 Likes

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by VaselineCrew: 10:00pm On May 02, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
Ibo Man: Its the Ibos turn to rule, we must get our 8 years (Said in the strongest ibo accent you can think of)

Hausa Man: No, No, No, No, we are the majority in this country and it is Hausa's turn we need 12 years in power (Said in a heavy Hausa accent)

Yoruba Man: Actually Hausa Man you have ruled Nigeria for 43 years out of the 60 years of independence so it is now time for the Yoruba's to rule for at least 16 year (Said in a heavy Yoruba accent)

In 2020, this is the kind of tribalistic nonsense we are still talking about meanwhile other Nations are sending people to the moon. Since 1960, 60 years ago we have been playing this mindless tribalistic games which has taken Nigeria backwards economically. In fact 1960 was much more developed than today 2020.

You do realise there are more than 500 other tribes in this Limited PLC called Nigeria right? Not forgetting that the so called IBOS/HAUSAS/YORUBAS sold out Nigeria to the highest bidder while pretending to liberate Nigeria from the British in 1960. Shame on you and these 3 tribes could burn in hell for all I care!

As in...

Economy is crumbling, people are being laid off, people are begging more than ever online, dollar is rising...

Yet all they care about is Yoruba dis, Igbo dat, Hausa dis...

Men, we really need help in this country and maybe we should all go our separate ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Oksman(m): 10:08pm On May 02, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
You watch too much cartoons.

In the first place, their can never be an Igbo president. Not in 50 years time.

Why do you think like this?
Are you God?
We are all pencils in the hand of God!
Who says it and it comes to pass if the Lord does not approve of it!

1 Like

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by CzarChris(m): 10:35pm On May 02, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

Have been hearing this sentence for the past 20 years.

Empty chest beating.

Be boasting about a region that has no city in all of it. Is it not that Same South-East littered with villages and small towns.

You buy all the land grin grin grin grin Joke of the century!

Empty barrels!

Thanks for sharing your own view. Only time will tell.
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by CzarChris(m): 10:39pm On May 02, 2020
tysontim:

You are not Igbo we know, wen someone starts his stetement with all due respect that person means to disrespect that person.

Yoruba or Igbo will get presidency come 2023 there is nothing North can do. Igbos won't support North to spit the Yorubas.

SW and SE have already agreed
Sir, I'm as Igbo as they come. I preach self discovery and development above all else. Politics as practiced in Nigeria can never bring up anything good. We are doing very well on our own, without federal presence. The small money that is given the SE states end up being squandered by the politicians so we still end up with nothing over here.

Onye ajuru adịghị ajụ onwe ya.
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by CzarChris(m): 10:42pm On May 02, 2020
Sammy07:

You read too much lies online..

Enugu is the regional capital of east
Ibadan is the regional capital of west.

Is Enugu developed as Ibadan??
Have you been to Enugu recently? How on Earth do you compare the red roof republic with Enugu of all places? Was ibadan ravaged and razed to the ground by war? Note ibadan's close proximity to the ports in Lagos contributed immensely to it's development.

Dude please tell yourself some home truth.
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by AlhajaChinyere: 11:17pm On May 02, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
You watch too much cartoons.

In the first place, their can never be an Igbo president. Not in 50 years time.

Even you sef dey mad! 50 years pere?

No Igbo president for the next 5,000 years angry
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Sammy07: 11:17pm On May 02, 2020
CzarChris:
Have you been to Enugu recently? How on Earth do you compare the red roof republic with Enugu of all places? Was ibadan ravaged and razed to the ground by war? Note ibadan's close proximity to the ports in Lagos contributed immensely to it's development.

Dude please tell yourself some home truth.

Mr man, I'm a graduate of UNN.

You guys lies were you built Lagos, it was busted.
You changed to, Ogun is closer to Lagos.
Now you wanna claim Ibadan is proximity to Lagos??

Metaphysical, legendhero, itooworwor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by tysontim(m): 2:59am On May 03, 2020
CzarChris:
Sir, I'm as Igbo as they come. I preach self discovery and development above all else. Politics as practiced in Nigeria can never bring up anything good. We are doing very well on our own, without federal presence. The small money that is given the SE states end up being squandered by the politicians so we still end up with nothing over here.

Onye ajuru adịghị ajụ onwe ya.

No you are not doing well, how many of you guys goods were sized by customs? How many containers of goods are stopped at Aba Onitsha? In terms Federal infrastructure were do u see one? The North is becoming more developed than SE
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by CzarChris(m): 4:56am On May 03, 2020
Sammy07:

young man, I only made my view on this bigotry laced thread known. But I can see your up for an e-war, I have better things to do than to come here and exchange insults with a poorly brought up kid. Have nice life.

2 Likes

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by lexyking(m): 6:36am On May 03, 2020
egalitarianism:
Nonsense permutations. NEVER will Igbo be president of Nigeria. You can't hate/criticize bitterly my tribe and Faith and expect me to vote you. NEVER
Even your mod shows that behavior on NL. NEVER

so because of the criticism of a few misguided ones you are willing to hate an entire tribe?

I'm not Igbo so don't think I'm defending them, but one thing I know is that every tribe has got their own share of stupid fellows, and it is wrong to view the entire tribe from the prism of a few foolish ones
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by juman(m): 6:52am On May 03, 2020
The balanced way obasanjo handled selection to fill positions is good example to any sensible and patriotic president.

But obasanjo also failed in many areas like election rigging etc, that no president should emulate.
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by juman(m): 6:54am On May 03, 2020
AlhajaChinyere:

Even you sef dey mad! 50 years pere?

No Igbo president for the next 5,000 years angry

Habah!
Igbo presidency is very hard task but not impossible.
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by ItooWorWor(m): 7:17am On May 03, 2020
Sammy07:

You guys lies were you built Lagos, it was busted. You changed to, Ogun is closer to Lagos. Now you wanna claim Ibadan is proximity to Lagos??

Developers on rampage grin grin

1 Like

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by ikpuchinonye1994: 7:17am On May 03, 2020
Sammy07:

Unn kee you grin. Am a product of ui too and you dare not compare Ibadan to Enugu.. Ibadan is an old city filled with Yoruba illiterates and agberos..no development there, rusted houses everywhere.. And Lagos remains a city built by Nigerians from Niger delta oil.. Yoruba still have five states, they should turn any other state in sw to Lagos..even Ogun state that is close to Lagos is not developed like the Lagos state

1 Like

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by ikpuchinonye1994: 7:22am On May 03, 2020
egalitarianism:
Nonsense permutations. NEVER will Igbo be president of Nigeria. You can't hate/criticize bitterly my tribe and Faith and expect me to vote you. NEVER
Even your mod shows that behavior on NL. NEVER
says an ewedu gobbling Yoruba Muslim grin grin the biggest lies Yoruba have told theirself is believing that they be will be president in 2023 grin even tinubu knows that it's not possible grin

1 Like

Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Sammy07: 7:48am On May 03, 2020
CzarChris:
young man, I only made my view on this bigotry laced thread known. But I can see your up for an e-war, I have better things to do than to come here and exchange insults with a poorly brought up kid. Have nice life.

You're not okay sir.
Did you see any insults in the comment
Re: See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president by Sammy07: 7:49am On May 03, 2020
ikpuchinonye1994:

Unn kee you grin. Am a product of ui too and you dare not compare Ibadan to Enugu.. Ibadan is an old city filled with Yoruba illiterates and agberos..no development there, rusted houses everywhere.. And Lagos remains a city built by Nigerians from Niger delta oil.. Yoruba still have five states, they should turn any other state in sw to Lagos..even Ogun state that is close to Lagos is not developed like the Lagos state

You're funny ooo.
I told you I'm a graduate of UNN, Nnsuka campus.
You think I don't know Enugu.
All these Federal government girl school, Holy rosary, shalom academy wey dey around that place.
Funny.

Enugu is not developed as Ibadan that's the fact..
And both are regional capitals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo Election: APC In Large Margin Lead In Edo North / 21,524 APC Members Defect To PDP In Plateau State / Ganduje Flagsoff Disbursement Of N2b Free Interest Loan To 20,000 Kano People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.