Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! (6352 Views)

Six PDP And Two APC Senators Lose Their Seats In The Senate / PDP Senators Kick As Buhari Fails To Submit List Of Ministers - Vanguard / 2015 Presidential Election And Political Tsunami In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Onlytruth(m): 3:39am On Jan 11, 2011
[size=16pt]84 PDP senators fail to get return tickets[/size]

About 84 senators of the Peoples Democratic Party may have lost their bid to return to the red chambers on the party’s ticket.

Final standings from the outcome of the primaries held across the country showed that a repeat of what happened in 2007, where most of the lawmakers did not return, is likely to happen again. From Adamawa State, Senators Jibril Aminu, Grace Bent and Mohammed Manna were not returned by the party.

The same situation is the case for neighbouring Taraba State where Senators Anthony Manzo and Dahiru Gassol lost out. The third senator, Joel Nkenya, had earlier defected to the Action Congress of Nigeria in the state to run for the governorship.

None of the senators in Anambra, Kwara and Bauchi states got a ticket to return to the Senate. In Kaduna State, only Senator Ahmed Makarfi made it back, as Caleb Zaghi and Jibril Mohammed were replaced by former Minister of Finance, Nenadi Usman, and ex-Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund, Yusuf Mairago.

In Rivers, only Wilson Ake scaled through but George Sekibo and Lee Maeba failed to win the primaries. Senators Chris Anyanwu and Sylvester Anyanwu from Imo State lost out before the primaries, as they were on their way to other parties. Osita Izunaso, who was tipped to win his ticket, however, failed to do so.

In Nasarawa State, Abubakar Sodangi lost to a former governor of the state, Alhaji Abdullahi Adamu, while the two others, Naomi Akwashiki and Suleiman Adokwe, were returned. The PDP also did not return Eme Ufot-Ekaete and Bob Effiong in Akwa Ibom State, just as Simeon Oduoye also did not make it in Osun State.

In Benue where President of the Senate, David Mark, emerged successfully, his colleagues, Joseph Akaagerger and George Akume, failed to secure the PDP’s tickets. In Cross River, only the Deputy Leader, Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba, succeeded in the primaries while Bassey Ewa-Henshaw and Gregory Ngaji did not make it.

Senator Hosea Ehinlawo from Ondo State was not fortunate this time while the confusion in the Ogun State chapter raised doubts about the chances of Iyabo Obasanjo and Lekan Mustapha. In Kogi State, Senator Nicholas Ugbane has indicated his interest to become the next governor of the state and so did not seek the senatorial ticket, but Otaru Ohize did not make from Kogi Central, while Smart Adeyemi is still battling to be cleared by the PDP National Secretariat.

Edo State PDP had lost Edobor Uzamere to the Action Congress of Nigeria in the state. He was replaced by Daisy Danjuma. Katsina had also lost Garba Lado to the Congress for Progressive Change while Abubakar Ayuba and Umar Argungu failed to get tickets in Kebbi State.

Although Gbemi Saraki is seeking the governorship seat in Kwara State on a new platform, the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria, the other two senators from the state, Ahmed Mohammed and Sule Ajibola, could not make it back. In Bayelsa, Senator Nimi-Barigha Amange was not returned by the party while the PDP also replaced Sidi Ali as its candidate for the FCT.

In Gombe State, none of the old senators will return as their tickets were taken by others. Indications from Enugu suggest that the political stalemate in the state would deny all three PDP senators their tickets to return to the Senate on the party’s platform.

Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, as well as Chimaroke Nnamani and Ayogu Eze are representing the state in the Senate and are unlikely to get the tickets. It was gathered that most of the senators who lost their tickets in the PDP were considering moving to other parties to contest the April elections.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201101115172739
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Onlytruth(m): 3:40am On Jan 11, 2011
Nna  thursday g'adi egwu! shocked

I am really glad that Ekweremadu is on his way out.

All these thieves should go!

We wait for the rest on elections day.  cool cool
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Onlytruth(m): 3:43am On Jan 11, 2011
None of the 3 Anambra senators are returning! shocked cool
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by mensdept: 3:46am On Jan 11, 2011
Good news, but

Lets ensure that those who replace them are not old recycled politicians
, else, what's the point of replacing the devil with Lucifer, if you get my drift
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Onlytruth(m): 3:49am On Jan 11, 2011
mens dept:

Good news, but

Lets ensure that those who replace them are not old recycled politicians
, else, what's the point of replacing the devil with Lucifer, if you get my drift

Completely agreed!

The other issue though is that when there is this amount of "earthquake" inside the evil covens of PDP, maybe, just maybe the masses would get a breather at last.
I say let there be more of this type of earthquakes! We the masses win at last!  cool
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by appletango: 4:00am On Jan 11, 2011
this is just preamble for thursday's big show. think of all those poor little senators who backed good old jona. where will they go now??
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Rhino5dm: 4:27am On Jan 11, 2011
now let us seat back, relax and watch the people's devil impolding on its own self weight.

This is sweet. lol! 84 out 109 isnt a bad result.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by blacksta(m): 5:04am On Jan 11, 2011
After all them don chop - make them move aside make another set come chop . One thing these idiots forget is when you start a process of impunity you forget that other people sef get game and the do and die affair also applies to aspiring no good senators hence the circle of frustration continues.

In 2007 we had roughly about two third of new senators and reps and the worst thing is that the members will forever be paid a pension.

In a typical sane environment you will normally have senators or reps serving for 20 years or more or even until death the benefit is that senators or reps develops and law of country even advances but in the Nigerian context when is the senate or house going to develop when you have fresh faces every four years.

The only good thing coming out of this. Is the fact all that accrued money from senate or house would be spent fighting a dead political ambition. I shed no tears at all as they all reaping what they sowed. No they cant go the people to be elected cause they never visited and did anything positive for their consistuents during their term in office hence dog eat dog.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 11, 2011
so senate chambers get juices that all wants to drink from. lm laffing kekeke kekrke
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by jensinmi(m): 7:37am On Jan 11, 2011
blacksta:

The only good thing coming out of this. Is the fact all that accrued money from senate or house would be spent fighting a dead political ambition.  I shed no tears at all as they all reaping what they sowed.  No they cant go the people to be elected cause they never visited and did anything positive for their consistuents  during their term in office hence dog eat dog.

Haha. True. Inadvertently, some of that money will trickle down to some of the common folks on the street who will not hesitate to deceive the Senate and House members about their allegiance come April 2011. "NIGERIAN TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS"

And to those in PUNCH Newspaper, there are currently only 84 PDP Senators in the Senate. Therefore, the 84 you stated in your article is a bit excessive.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Fogman(m): 7:55am On Jan 11, 2011
Poster, pls recomfirm that of Anambra State, cos i am aware Annie Okonkwo was returned.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by orgasm(m): 8:49am On Jan 11, 2011
New wine in same OLD bottle.
The change we seek is the BOTTLE not the WINE.
So, not yet UHURU
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by vorosmartm(m): 9:44am On Jan 11, 2011
Onlytruth:

Nna  thursday g'adi egwu! shocked

I am really glad that Ekweremadu is on his way out.

All these thieves should go!

We wait for the rest on elections day.  cool cool
My friend please dont be ignorant, its so obvious that old thieves are only being replaced with new thieves nothing has actually changed
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Orikinla(m): 10:02am On Jan 11, 2011
When I said that the PDP is imploding, it was not an assumption.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by AceJam: 10:17am On Jan 11, 2011
It is in time of trials and temptations that you know your real friends. Let them go so that the real friends can be counted.

For me, I prefer one single friend who is truely a friend and an ally than 100 decietful friends.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Onlytruth(m): 10:17am On Jan 11, 2011
vorosmartm:

My friend please dont be ignorant, its so obvious that old thieves are only being replaced with new thieves nothing has actually changed

No my friend, it is you that is ignorant, because you don't see that the old thieves rigged out will make sure that the new thieves coming in won't see the light of day either. They will work tenaciously to make sure of that.
Pikin wey say him mama no go sleep, him too no go sleep.  undecided
At the end, they will ALL lose, and we will win!  cool

That is why I said what I said.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 11, 2011
@ least they wont enjoy the jumbo pay packages they approved for themselves. BUNCH OF THIEVES!
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Intrepid1(m): 12:27pm On Jan 11, 2011
Bullshit! It just means a new set of thieves will be rigged into the place.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by bisiaet: 12:30pm On Jan 11, 2011
I am so delighted some of these people are dropped it is a good move. I dont see reason just keeping some bunches who has nothing to offer to just sit there and be sucking money and be sucking Nigeria wealth to dry. I sincerely appreciate the way PDP send them all out.

And the funniest thing some now threaten to move to other party it is very unfortunate that these crop of so called politician are really s i l l y and a bunch of i d i o t s so it is a must to be seneator? This is just for all to see that they are all after position and not service because if your party refuses you another ticket does that mean you should run away? I think a good right thinking politician should use his failure to go back and do a good homework check himself and try to rebuild and resell himself for the future opportunity BUT not to get angry for not allowing to go more term and decided to call it quit, you bunch of thieves. Shame on them all enough of your loots and arrogant go back to your village and rest in your home for your insensitiveness and dissappointment.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by blapo(m): 1:20pm On Jan 11, 2011
Am sure majority of them will join another party and,later go back to PDP after the election either they are elected or not.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Iykolysis: 1:44pm On Jan 11, 2011
Democracy is gaining root in Nigeria: a situation where power of incumbency and use of State funds is no longer an advantage. Kudos, we are growing.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by phantom23: 2:05pm On Jan 11, 2011
It's just like a Chess game, rather draft!!! See strategic replacements, 2011 Elections, Fingers crossed
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by ficasej: 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2011
This is indeed power of incumbency manifesting from another dimension. If you are not in accord with your governor, you are shown the way out. Will this be the endtime for this party? will this be what Nigerians have been yearning for? only time shall tell

I cant wait to see Thursday package. shocked
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Gbawe: 2:28pm On Jan 11, 2011
Onlytruth:

No my friend, it is you that is ignorant, because you don't see that the old thieves rigged out will make sure that the new thieves coming in won't see the light of day either. They will work tenaciously to make sure of that.
Pikin wey say him mama no go sleep, him too no go sleep.  undecided
At the end, they will ALL lose, and we will win!  cool

That is why I said what I said.

Smart take on issues my friend . With all the thieves fighting themselves to a standstill , Nigeria is the winner . Jonathan , even if he does not know it, has indeed being "godsent". Sadly , he is not "godsent" for his backers like the OBJ's and Anenih's of the world who believe , to the detriment of Nigeria, in strong individuals rather than strong institutions. Under a President no one really respects or fear (in contrast to OBJ and even Yar Adua) criminal leaders , fully aware that no sanction wil ensue, are now ready to literally fight each other to death. I think things will be very bloody , amongst our "do or die" politicians (esepecially PDP) , under GEJ. Nigeria is better off for it as long as they target each other directly like how Teslim Folarin's men murdered Lateef Salako alias Eleweomo.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by johndoe200: 2:34pm On Jan 11, 2011
The National assembly members tried to wrest power from the Governors, they failed. Now it is the turn of the governors to take their pound of flesh. This was expected. Anyone who listened to the way they denigrated the Governors would have expected this.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by tunde121oke: 2:38pm On Jan 11, 2011
Political Tsunami lol
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by asscend: 3:03pm On Jan 11, 2011
its high time we have a law to stop this stupid idea of politicians moving from one party to another just b4 elections.

it should be done 2yrs b4 an election is due.

Take note of all those moving parties and vote them out.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by VIPICO(m): 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2011
This country will one day break free from the stronghold of these sagged-belly, clueless, pilfering fools, whether they like it or not.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Fhemmmy: 3:28pm On Jan 11, 2011
Nigerians have spoken . . . the end would justify it all
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Xfactoria: 3:45pm On Jan 11, 2011
The Governors are yet proving a point.

Most of the senators that lost out in the primaries are either at loggerheads with their state governors or want the Governor's job.

The governors are the next monsters that we should deal with!
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by metrixauto: 3:57pm On Jan 11, 2011
This is great,i expect massive defection any moment from now,this may work against pdp eventually,we need a change,pdp must gooooooooooooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Should SSS Arrests Boko Haram Leader’s Wife & Son? / RE: Political mistake / Chai See How A Ghanaian Finished Nigeria On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.