Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,111 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo (6352 Views)

There Will Be Consequences If Falae Is Not Freed – Fani-kayode Tells FG / Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo / Obj Vs Ibb: Presidency Unable To Settle Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by pingu2k5(m): 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2011
ireports-ng.com/2011/08/21/obj-vs-ibb-youre-an-ingrate-fani-kayode-tells-obasanjo/
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by OAM4J: 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2011
[size=13pt]OBJ Vs IBB: You’re An Ingrate, Fani-Kayode Tells Obasanjo[/size]

Frontiers of the war of words between two former heads of state, Generals Olusegun Obasanjo and Ibrahim Babangida appear to have been expanded with an ex-top aide of the former describing him as nothing but an ingrate.

The latest attack on Obasanjo came from none other than his former spokesman and Minister of Culture and later of Aviation under the Obasanjo administration, Femi Fani-Kayode who in a statement today accused Obasanjo of being ungrateful to IBB who was instrumental to his (OBJ) emergence as military head of state in 1976 as well as civilian president in 19999.

The statement by Fani-Kayode who was largely used as an attack dog by Obasanjo to abuse his political enemies between 1999 and 2007 is reproduced below:

“I have the honour and privilage of knowing both of these elder statesmen and I have tremendous affection for them both . I served in President Obasanjo’s government and I gave him my all. He in turn gave me the opportunity to serve my country and for that I am eternally grateful to him. However we must put sentiment aside when looking at this issue. Whilst I do not subscribe to the view or accept the notion that the Obasanjo administration was a failure and that it did not achieve anything, I do believe that Obasanjo made a grave mistake and indeed inflicted a deep spiritual wound on himself by insulting General Ibrahim Babangida in the way that he did. Calling Babangida a fool at seventy does not help matters and frankly it befuddles and beclouds the issues. Obasanjo should have responded to the issues raised by Babangida with far more restraint and he should not have insulted him. I am not in the least bit surprised that Babangida responded to those insults in the way that he did. You do not call me a fool at 70 the day after my birthday and expect me to keep quiet and smile, no matter what or who you think you are and no matter what may have provoked you.

Those that are around Baba today should have told him that. He left himself wide open for a solid counterpunch and a devastating right hook there. I have said it before and I will say it again, you cannot repay good with evil and get away with it for long. The bible says “He who repays good with evil, evil will never leave his household”. Let me give you two reasons why I am referring to this scripture in this context. The first reason is because President Obasanjo would never have become military Head of State in 1976 had it not been for the fact that Col. Babangida (as he then was) courageously and single-handedly disarmed Lt. Col. Dimka and foiled his coup attempt after the latter and his group had successfully assasinated the then Head of State, General Murtala Mohammed. Had that coup been successful Obasanjo would have been shot by Dimka as well and he would never have gone on to succeed Murtala Mohammed. Had it not been for Babangida’s unflinching loyalty to the government of the day and his decision to follow General T.Y. Danjuma’s orders to the letter and courageously confront Dimka at the radio station, disarm him and crush the coup, Obasanjo would not have been in a position to do all those wonderful things that he mentioned that he did when he was military Head of State between 1976 and 1979 because he would have been shot. That is the first reason that he should be grateful to Babangida. For the second reason let us fast forward by 20 years from 1979 to 1999.

Again President Obasanjo has to be eternally grateful to General Babangida because had it not been for the latter he would not have been released from jail, pardoned, rehabilitated, funded and installed as President in 1999. This is an incontrivertible fact. Obasanjo went on from there to become one of the greatest Presidents in our history and his record of performance between 1999 and 2007, in my view, is first class and second to none. The records are there for all to see and the facts speak for themselves. Yet the truth is that Babangida must take some credit for that too because he was instrumental in making him President in 1999. When I was in government we had our differences with Babangida from time to time but he always responded to us with restraint, dignity, calm and self-respect regardless of our provocations and and our moves against him and his boys. Most important of all he stood solidly by those boys. The man is a strategist and he appreciated the fact that patience is a powerful weapon. For that he won my respect. For me this whole matter goes to the very character and leadership abilities of these two men. The truth is that the loyalty and support that an individual gives to any leader must be reciprocated and any leader worth his salt knows this. A leader that takes his followers for granted and takes pleasure in the destruction, humiliation, travails, shame and political persecution of his own loyalists is not a real leader but something else. On the other hand the leader that stands by his loyalists through thick and thin and that reciprocates the commitment, love, support, compassion and loyalty that he receives from them is a true leader. As far as I am concerned that is the difference between OBJ and IBB. Babangida recognises these things and is loyal to his own whilst Obasanjo does not. My prayer is that the rift is settled quickly.”

http://ireports-ng.com/2011/08/21/obj-vs-ibb-youre-an-ingrate-fani-kayode-tells-obasanjo/
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by Sunofgod(m): 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2011
I'm waiting for IBB to call OBJ a 'Chameleon'

Instead of all this grammar.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by twinstaiye(m): 10:45pm On Aug 21, 2011
This are the people that add fuel to the issues. Fani Kayode himself is the ingrate here, if you chop under the two of them, then you lack credibility in taking sides. Vox psychophanti
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by dumodust(m): 10:55pm On Aug 21, 2011
Chai! Look who's talking,
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by Josh316(m): 11:00pm On Aug 21, 2011
However we must put sentiment aside when looking at this issue. Whilst I do not subscribe to the view or accept the notion that the Obasanjo administration was a failure and that it did not achieve anything

Let me also put sentiments aside, Fani-Kayode, you're really a Pathetic excuse of a man, He should not even open his contraption he pretends is a mouth, angry
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by heynew: 11:02pm On Aug 21, 2011
I thought this guy used to be Obj's inestimable sweet heart, what went wrong lollll
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by Rastamann: 11:25pm On Aug 21, 2011
Fani-Kayode is not only a bigger fool but a compound fool. Let them fight on.

We must all get ready to fight o and the fight must continue o. We must expose ourselves, sorry, dance naked in the street, can of worms must be opened, further fight must be provoked, followers 'abi' disciples must confront one another, the prize for the winner is big, oooooo, let it start, oooo, let it continue
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by Aderupoko2: 11:44pm On Aug 21, 2011
Fani Kayode,of all people calling Baba ingrate.What happens to respect in Yoruba culture?Who is asking for his views in this matter?This is pouring petrol to firewood.Some one needs to be trained properly to repect the elders.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by emiye(m): 11:47pm On Aug 21, 2011
What this not the guy who said with a stern face  "Obj is Nigeria;s Mandela!!!? "
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by aibee01(m): 11:53pm On Aug 21, 2011
Fani kayode said d basic truth why IBB is angry with baba,
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by BigB11(m): 12:14am On Aug 22, 2011
IBB is simply a lion, the king of the jungle. Just wait for a few more days and see what else is out there for OBJ.

You immediately become a st upid F00l when you bite the finger that fed you once before.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by emmatok(m): 12:18am On Aug 22, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is this the-same load mouthed Femi Fani- Kayode insulting Wole-Shoyinka during OBJ regime.

I thought he went to Ghana for psychiatric check-up.

Nigeria Is truly a wonderland.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by emmatok(m): 12:22am On Aug 22, 2011
Big B1:

IBB is simply a lion, the king of the jungle. Just wait for a few more days and see what else is out there for OBJ.

You immediately become a st upid F00l when you bite the finger that fed you once before.

Oh, shut it.

Who is IBB. All this noise about IBB is limited to Nigeria and he knows he is not respected out the country.

When the world still sees OBJ as the father of Africa.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by koruji(m): 12:28am On Aug 22, 2011
I am not surprised that Fani-Kayode is talking like this. Like OBJ they have proved themselves to be lackies of the Northern Oligarchy. In their own minds they had power, while acting against the interests of their kinsmen - mouthing national unity when in reality they are merely tools.

Now that they are no more serving the interests of their masters-in-disguise the latter is showing true colors.

[size=14pt]If Fani-Kayode were a thinking person he would realize that the reason OBJ was slammed in prison for no reason at all was caused by IBB in the first place[/size]. How can the fool keep claiming credit for getting OBJ out of prison, while beaming s-tupi-d smiles when he is asked to take responsibility for the errors of his ways

Again President Obasanjo has to be eternally grateful to General Babangida because had it not been for the latter he would not have been released from jail, pardoned, rehabilitated, funded and installed as President in 1999. This is an incontrivertible fact. Obasanjo went on from there to become one of the greatest Presidents in our history and his record of performance between 1999 and 2007, in my view, is first class and second to none. The records are there for all to see and the facts speak for themselves. Yet the truth is that Babangida must take some credit for that too because he was instrumental in making him President in 1999.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by 9jauk: 12:31am On Aug 22, 2011
Fani kayode is a Rogue,
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by BigB11(m): 12:40am On Aug 22, 2011
@Ematok: be careful.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by djustice: 1:12am On Aug 22, 2011
Big B1:

@Ematok: be careful.

My friend, don't make veiled threats on the internet. It's not cool to do so. You just never know who might be monitoring this forum, and you don't know who you might be threatening. Just look at what is happening to Gaddafi as an example. Nobody is ALL POWERFUL, and anybody can be brought down, even when they're not in government and thinking that they can be playing "elder statesman", while insulting the sensibilities of the people for the last 20 odd years, in and out of power.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by CyberG: 1:23am On Aug 22, 2011
I have no nice words or feelings for all these thieves. However, this leech Fani should know that neither of these guys he is meddling with have any qualms using him to mop the floor! Certainly, you are no better but must you go to run your mouth against people who can disappear you permanently if you upset them just enough?
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by babaowo: 1:46am On Aug 22, 2011
hmmm naija n drama!
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by tpia5: 1:49am On Aug 22, 2011
the only thing left now is for the nl baba suwes to put mouth as well.

the floor is open for everybody to talk.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by LloydAchi(m): 2:18am On Aug 22, 2011
" The truth is that the loyalty and support that an individual gives to any leader must be reciprocated and any leader worth his salt knows this. A leader that takes his followers for granted and takes pleasure in the destruction, humiliation, travails, shame and political persecution of his own loyalists is not a real leader but something else. On the other hand the leader that stands by his loyalists through thick and thin and that reciprocates the commitment, love, support, compassion and loyalty that he receives from them is a true leader. As far as I am concerned that is the difference between OBJ and IBB. Babangida recognises these things and is loyal to his own whilst Obasanjo does not."

Fani-Kayode is the greatest fool. If you have problem with your former boss, why hide under another man to throw your punch. YOU ARE A BIG FOOL.

I don't support either OBJ or IBB. Infact I detest them both. They both brought all the misery we face in Nigeria today. Damn them both. This rift btw them is answer to all our prayers. They will continue to reveal all the part the played in our present difficulties. And one day, they will finally answer. We will catch them from their confessions. That will be what will be used against them.

BRING ON THE FIGHT. NIGERIANS ARE WAITING AND WATCHING.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by juman(m): 2:20am On Aug 22, 2011
We know Babangida as evil genius. Evil man. So Mr. Fani Kayode should go and sit down joooorrr.

"My prayer is that the rift is settled quickly.”

My prayer is that the rift should NEVER be settled at all FOREVER.

A leader that takes his followers for granted and takes pleasure in the destruction, humiliation, travails, shame and political persecution of his own loyalists is not a real leader but something else. On the other hand the leader that stands by his loyalists through thick and thin and that reciprocates the commitment, love, support, compassion and loyalty that he receives from them is a true leader. As far as I am concerned that is the difference between OBJ and IBB. Babangida recognises these things and is loyal to his own whilst Obasanjo does not.

This is not in the dictionary of Obasanjo. Nothing concern him about loyalty. His loyalists are toilet paper to him.

May they continue their roforofo forever.

Please joor Mr. President we need more good roads in the country.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by Vavavoom(m): 3:37am On Aug 22, 2011
Ah! The plot thickens-of the said fool, the witless and the adjudicating chicken grin. The actors have suddenly realized that time is dailing past on their lives' clock work - haven crossed the proverbial 70 their days are numbered. Both have realized there's more to legacy than possession bequeathed to immediate families and cronies, and that there is a much better legacy - one that fulfills dreams of people, citizens- the many whose lives they failed to impact while priviledged.

Like Commodus these two need to know about the four chief virtues(Justice, wisdom, temperance, and fortitude) because all there is to them is AMBITION.

Both are not men of the people-both have no recorded legacy as men for the people. They can't turn back the hands of the clock but have chosen to provide entertainment for the so many citizen X whose life they failed to uplift. May be we should kust sit back, laugh and take stock of our own lives because these two will never be in danger of becoming good men.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by agabaI23(m): 5:17am On Aug 22, 2011
E yaa see this clown. OBJ must have done something that deeply hurt him otherwise I cannot understand this outburst
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by globexl: 5:34am On Aug 22, 2011
Interesting. I wonder why Fani- Kayode issued this statement because he contradicts himself in some many words. First, he states that OGJ is the greatest president in our history ( I agree 100%)as the records speak for themselves ,and later, he says that IBB is the better man because IBB stands by his loyalists. He does not say anything about IBB's Horrific perfomance as president which is the theme of this debate and controversy. He conveniently forgot that IBB fired the first shot in this war of words between the two former presidents. That IBB saved OBJ's life by foiling Dimka's coup is such a silly and immature statement coming from Fani Kayode. IBB was performing his duty as a loyal officer of the Nigerian armed forces and not for the interest of OBJ.
There is just no comparison between the two men.OBJ is a builder, IBB is a destroyer.The records are there. Though it might appear that OBJ failed in his attempt to rebuild and revitalise our nation, that was simply because the collapse and rot in the system was much more severe than any one ever imagined. We must give OBJ credit for his sincere and dogged effort. The same cannot be said of IBB who, with his band of vultures and jackals(the so-called IBB boys or loyalists) destroyed our educational system, our health system, our infrastructures, our police force, our currency, the judiciary, our industrial sectors, and the armed forces etc etc. Loyalist my foot. I'm happy that Fani -Kayode acknowledges that OBJ is not and has never been beholden to any so-called loyalist.
I wonder how many loyalist IBB would have had by now if he did not fraudulently enrich himself and his so-called loyalist.
OBJ is human and although his loquacious personality might have diminished his peformance in office, I am very proud of his many achievements and his dogged commitment to the Nigerian project.
Unfortunately, OBJ has become everyone's whipping boy. I imagine that his main crime wouldi that he dislodged thousands of our parasitic elites  from their cozy feeding positions.
WE ARE THE UNGRATEFUL ONES. We celebrate our fools and calumnized our heroes.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by Kc3000: 5:38am On Aug 22, 2011
For some reason, IBB commands so much loyalty and admiration from his 'boys'. You never hear of an IBB loyalist flipping on him and taking sides against him. On the other hand, OBJ can't seem to maintain the loyalty of his own son. Even people he made ministers and governors have insulted him on various occasions. Who would have thought that Fani Kayode would make such disparaging comments against OBJ. It's like they all could not stand this dude but just put up with him for what they could benefit at the moment. He's probably the kind of guy that belittles, victimizes and ridicules you as he helps you, knowing that you don't have any other choices. Meanwhile, IBB's boys from over twenty years ago are as steadfast as ever. Not taking sides, but just observing this glaring difference in these two characters.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by globexl: 5:58am On Aug 22, 2011
Kc3000:

For some reason, IBB commands so much loyalty and admiration from his 'boys'. You never hear of an IBB loyalist flipping on him and taking sides against him. On the other hand, OBJ can't seem to maintain the loyalty of his own son. Even people he made ministers and governors have insulted him on various occasions. Who would have thought that Fani Kayode would make such disparaging comments against OBJ. It's like they all could not stand this dude but just put up with him for what they could benefit at the moment. He's probably the kind of guy that belittles, victimizes and ridicules you as he helps you, knowing that you don't have any other choices. Meanwhile, IBB's boys from over twenty years ago are as steadfast as ever. Not taking sides, but just observing this glaring difference in these two characters.

So what does that tell you about the two men? In war, IBB would make a better leader, a better commanding officer, and after war he would also make a better healer and unifying leade,r because of his charisma and better understanding of human nature. But when entrusted with the commonwealth of 120m Nigerians, those same qualities made him a destroyer rather than a builder, leaving ill mannered, hot tempered, but commited leader like OBJ to clean up the mess that he and his band of locust inflicted on the nation.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by LogicPower(m): 6:29am On Aug 22, 2011
Kc3000:

--- It's like they all could not stand this dude (OBJ) but just put up with him for what they could benefit at the moment. He's probably the kind of guy that belittles, victimizes and ridicules you as he helps you, knowing that you don't have any other choices.--    

You made me burst into laughter - and I like the way you generally qualify your assertions in the post (probably, seem, etc), which speaks well of you and your level of enlightenment
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by gregg2: 6:34am On Aug 22, 2011
In some countries ex-leaders like IBB would be rotting in prison or stoned to death for all the atrocities and corruption perpetrated while in office - unprecedented Corruption and human rights violation. He should be thankful to OBJ for shielding him. I remember OBJ severally turned deaf ears to calls urging him to probe IBB or atleast release the Okigbo report on oil windfall.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by pat077: 6:53am On Aug 22, 2011
Dance of shame.
Re: Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo by Afam4eva(m): 7:01am On Aug 22, 2011
I'm suprised with Fani Kayode's alteration. This guy was used by OBJ to insult anybody living or dead. From Soyinka to Gowon to Shehu Shagari. Why is he attacking the person he defended so much.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Should SSS Arrests Boko Haram Leader’s Wife & Son? / RE: Political mistake / 2019 Elections: Vote For Quality Representation In Governance - Jennifer Abubaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.