Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke (6369 Views)

Buhari To Return 2016 Budget To NASS Over Missing Projects / Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke / House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by Repubocrat(m): 8:50pm On Jul 18, 2012
Jonathan Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS, Says Petroleum Minister

President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday forwarded the new Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) to the National Assembly for passage into law.

The Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs Diezani Allison-Madueke, disclosed this while briefing State House Correspondents on the outcome of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the meeting held at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa, was presided over by the president with Vice-President Namadi Sambo and many ministers in attendance.

``I am pleased to announce that, this morning, the Petroleum Industry Bill 2012 was forwarded by Mr President to the National Assembly.

``We have after quite indepth review, consolidated a major scope of input into what is now the Petroleum Industry Bill.

``We had taken into consideration what was done and put before the sixth Assembly.

``But we have had to review it in great detail and rework the bill to reflect as much as possible, the entire spectrum of what we considered will be the substantial strategic framework for the petroleum industry and the amalgamation of over sixteen laws in the oil and gas sector, that will carry this nation in that sector for the years to come.

``This is therefore the definitive Petroleum Industry Bill and we expect that it will receive due consideration in the National Assembly.’’

The minister reiterated that there was no other PIB 2012, besides the one forwarded by the President to the National Assembly.

She said that the various adaptations that were seen in the social and online media did not come from the Federal Government.

``There is only one Petroleum Industry Bill 2012, which has been released today for the first time to the National Assembly, and will therefore be available on the Ministry of Petroleum Resources’ Website by this evening for down loading.

``You will notice that inside the Bill there are water marks, including a signing across the bill on each page that says `the Petroleum Industry Bill 2012’, and the Coat of Arms of the nation.

``This is the only Petroleum Industry Bill that we have produced. Therefore, all other versions or adaptations are not valid and have never been. I would like all Nigerians to please take note.’’

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/30115/2012/07/18/jonathan_forwards_petroleum_industry_bill_nass_says_petroleum_minister.html

"There is only one Petroleum Industry Bill 2012, which has been released today for the first time to the National Assembly, and will therefore be available on the Ministry of Petroleum Resources’ Website by this evening for down loading.[i][/i]"

I haven't been able to get my hands on this bill yet. Perhaps I'm checking the wrong website. Any suggestion?
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by slick1(m): 11:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
The original copy or the edited one. . .well sha na people lyk otedola and co. D news concern
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by slick1(m): 11:22pm On Jul 18, 2012
Repubocrat:
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/30115/2012/07/18/jonathan_forwards_petroleum_industry_bill_nass_says_petroleum_minister.html

I haven't been able to get my hands on this bill yet. Perhaps I'm checking the wrong website. Any suggestion?

check goal.com or espnsoccernet.com 4 the original copy

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by tonyx4x44(m): 11:34pm On Jul 18, 2012
slick1:
check goal.com or espnsoccernet.com 4 the original copy
download the full copy from waptrick
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by Repubocrat(m): 11:38pm On Jul 18, 2012
slick1: The original copy or the edited one. . .well sha na people lyk otedola and co. D news concern

The one that was sent to the National Assembly today.

Jokes aside, if you know the government site where it can be downloaded from, please tell.
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by UDbester(m): 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
This bill only concerns the legislooters, farcrooks and otedollers in our country
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by dedeike: 11:57pm On Jul 18, 2012
The transformation agenda will keep moving. Haters will keep hating. While the paymasters will keep facing defeats on both social media and polls.
Weeks ago, these shameless agents of defeated presidential candidates thronged this forum to inaundate us with Prohesies of doom about the PIB. They taunted Jonathan for setting up useless committees and insisted blindly that nothing will come out from the Udoma led committee. Today, we know better.
The PIB has found its way to the National Assembly much to the disappointment of KOBOJUNKIE and GBAWE.
we are set to witness a landmark debate on the first comprehensive legislation on the petroleum industry courtesy of Jonathan and the best minister of petroleum in Nigeria, DIEZANI Allison MADUEKE.
Over to the National Assembly.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 19, 2012
dedeike: The transformation agenda will keep moving. Haters will keep hating. While the paymasters will keep facing defeats on both social media and polls.
Weeks ago, these shameless agents of defeated presidential candidates thronged this forum to inaundate us with Prohesies of doom about the PIB. They taunted Jonathan for setting up useless committees and insisted blindly that nothing will come out from the Udoma led committee. Today, we know better.
The PIB has found its way to the National Assembly much to the disappointment of KOBOJUNKIE and GBAWE.
we are set to witness a landmark debate on the first comprehensive legislation on the petroleum industry courtesy of Jonathan and the best minister of petroleum in Nigeria, DIEZANI Allison MADUEKE.
Will the NASS even understand any ABC on the bill ? Those potbellied bullies detest me.
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by Bukkyade: 1:31am On Jul 19, 2012
I'm beginning to think that the Minister of Petroluem, DIEZANI Allison Madueke, maybe the most underrated Minister in our history. She has shown a strong will to transform the sector against all odds. All her policies and programmes are groundbreaking.
She has scored first in so many things. She is the first to take courageous steps towards full deregulation of the Petroluem industry. She is the first to withdraw subsidy upon which the cabal has corruptly enriched themselves over the years. She is the first to invite external reputable auditors to investigate NNPC while in office. She is the first to improve the local content in the crude oil export market. A policy which has encouraged indigenous companies to compete with the likes of Shell in the export of crude. She is the first to harmonize a comprehensive PIB for passage by the National Assembly. This woman is really doing well

7 Likes

Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by Theben(m): 1:57am On Jul 19, 2012
Bukkyade: I'm beginning to think that the Minister of Petroluem, DIEZANI Allison Madueke, maybe the most underrated Minister in our history. She has shown a strong will to transform the sector against all odds. All her policies and programmes are groundbreaking.
She has scored first in so many things. She is the first to take courageous steps towards full deregulation of the Petroluem industry. She is the first to withdraw subsidy upon which the cabal has corruptly enriched themselves over the years. She is the first to invite external reputable auditors to investigate NNPC while in office. She is the first to improve the local content in the crude oil export market. A policy which has encouraged indigenous companies to compete with the likes of Shell in the export of crude. She is the first to harmonize a comprehensive PIB for passage by the National Assembly. This woman is really doing well
Is this sarcasm or what? Isn't she the most corrupt minister in Nigeria?
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by StarrMatthieu: 2:30am On Jul 19, 2012
Much appreciated
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by dozern(m): 3:05am On Jul 19, 2012
for so long, i've been following all the nairalander's reaction/responses towards any topic posted. It was all fun and humorous. Anytime i want to laugh i wil login and see diff caliber of people. Let us try for once to appreciate some good effort of Gej administratn. Its not all that good to always embark on smear him down syndrome. However, there is nothing wrong about criticism. But lets try to be constructive in that. Long live Nairalanders, long live Naija

1 Like

Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by Bukkyade: 3:58am On Jul 19, 2012
Theben:
Is this sarcasm or what? Isn't she the most corrupt minister in Nigeria?
only in the figment of your imagination. Who made her the most corrupt politician? You? Abi Nairalanders? A times, we just sit down and slam imaginary convictions on people. No body can come out to give logical facts in support of these unfounded allegations against this woman.
In Nigeria, if you fight corruption, corruption will fight you back. This woman's sin is that she chose to rid the sector of subsidy corruption. She had the courage to attempt to pull out a subsidy regime which has turned people, especially from the North, to Billionaires over night.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by emsquare(m): 6:30am On Jul 19, 2012
slick1: The original copy or the edited one. . .well sha na people lyk otedola and co. D news concern

Abi!
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by chucky234(m): 6:38am On Jul 19, 2012
dedeike: The transformation agenda will keep moving. Haters will keep hating. While the paymasters will keep facing defeats on both social media and polls.
Will passing of PIB bring the needed change? Guy put your thinking cap and talking rubbish here,will the PIB bring back all the looting subsidy money? With your aunt Diezani Allison-Maduekwe still piloting the affairs of the ministry/NNPC nothing good will ever emanate from that sector.
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by moderatorr: 6:41am On Jul 19, 2012
the most amazing thing is that GEJ is doing all these without hurting anyone!
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by chucky234(m): 6:50am On Jul 19, 2012
Bukkyade: I'm beginning to think that the Minister of Petroluem, DIEZANI Allison Madueke, maybe the most underrated Minister in our history. She has shown a strong will to transform the sector against all odds. All her policies and programmes are groundbreaking.
Which planet is this goon writing from,you must be living under mount Everest to think that this PIB will impact positively on the economy or the petroluem sector.
Passing of bills into law in this country are mere formality,months back we were clamouring for the passing of FIB which was duly passed after months of intensive debate. Has the FIB perform its original purpose,the answer is capital NO. Just two days ago we all witnessed the arrest of a journalist attached to Tribune for publishing details of the Farouk/Otedola bribery saga when the Nigeria Police know quite well that the bribery scandal is an open secret.
You must be a slowpoke to write what you posted up there,agent of doom.
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by Konnektions146(m): 7:14am On Jul 19, 2012
all i can say is dat dis woman is strong ooo…,
she never give up, even wen people were clamouring for her exit, she is waxing stronger.

wrt de PIB, as complex and unpredictable as nigeria can be, i am not expecting a magical change in de petroleum sector but at least even if its de unbundliing of the NNPC dat could be achieved, den we pray for for a couple of ammendments in the future to affect another change.
but if it is as it seems, de Nigerian indigineous participant would benefit a great deal and as well job creation(which i consider de most important).

i always wish My Naija well
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by chucky234(m): 7:15am On Jul 19, 2012
Bukkyade: only in the figment of your imagination. Who made her the most corrupt politician? You? Abi Nairalanders? A times, we just sit down and slam imaginary convictions on people. No body can come out to give logical facts in support of these unfounded allegations against this woman.
In Nigeria, if you fight corruption, corruption will fight you back. This woman's sin is that she chose to rid the sector of subsidy corruption. She had the courage to attempt to pull out a subsidy regime which has turned people, especially from the North, to Billionaires over night.
What logical facts do you need to know that Diezani is corrupt? A minister who cannot give a comprehensive account of how trillions of Naira was criminally paid out without evidence under her nose and call such a minister a competent one? Who says Diezani was responsible for the removal of subsidy and the subsequent investigation? The investigation happened due to the immense pressure from the civil society groups and the masses after the OccupyNigeria protest,did you ask your moronic self why GEJ appointed Access bank chairman to head a committee that will investigate the subsidy report when it was speculated that Access bank was used for some of the ilegal subsidy payment.

Ask yourself questions before taking your ignorance to the public,mumu.
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by ypzilanti: 7:16am On Jul 19, 2012
Good first step. Kudos to GEJ. Now use your political capital to ensure passage ASAP, then implenment the law vigorously. If this is done, it will be one off your check list.
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by jmaine: 7:25am On Jul 19, 2012
chucky234: Will passing of PIB bring the needed change? Guy put your thinking cap and talking rubbish here,will the PIB bring back all the looting subsidy money? With your aunt Diezani Allison-Maduekwe still piloting the affairs of the ministry/NNPC nothing good will ever emanate from that sector.

If am to get your point right, passing the PIB changes nothing and it's useless to you because you dislike Allison Madueke undecided

1 Like

Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by ypzilanti: 7:38am On Jul 19, 2012
This is just the start. Dont forget there was another PIB bill that dissappered in transition through the senate and house. The test of government's comittment is in the passage and implementation.

We do not want a declaration after one year that: 'I had good plans for PIB, but the NASS did not pass it'.

GEJ, use your presidential powers and act like a 'Pharoah' for once.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by chucky234(m): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2012
jmaine:

If am to get your point right, passing the PIB changes nothing and it's useless to you because you dislike Allison Madueke undecided
Passing of bills is one thing implementing is another,unfortunately implementation has been a major issue in this government.
After the subsidy removal this same govt preached palatives to coushion the effect of the removal of the subsidy on the masses,the SURE programm was also initiated with funds pumped into it but my question is how many has been implemented,the answer is none.

This government were not ready to pass the said PIB in the first place,why did they have to wait until someone put a duplicated/cloned copy into circulation before passing the said PIB.
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by S2kluv: 7:51am On Jul 19, 2012
Nonsense
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by azimibraun: 8:01am On Jul 19, 2012
Wa o! Wt a coincedence.. Jst abt d same time fulani herdsman forwaded death to 4 ppl in edede community in dekina local govt of kogi state. Fulani nw hs officialy benched boko haram and are nw d captains of d killa squad futball(killing) club.boko no even see game play again.
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by Demdem(m): 8:02am On Jul 19, 2012
ypzilanti: Good first step. Kudos to GEJ. Now use your political capital to ensure passage ASAP, then implenment the law vigorously. If this is done, it will be one off your check list.

I agree with u completely. besides, am interested in the contents of this proposed bill. Its time for the Retardeen to make sure he uses the politial muscle of the presidency in making sure its passed.
Admitedly, i praise the Retardeen for this initiative but am aware we have been at this stage before even beyond for more than two times now.
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by femliany(m): 8:17am On Jul 19, 2012
That is the only thing they know how to do best..Boko guyz dey there dem no solve dat..
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by ypzilanti: 8:17am On Jul 19, 2012
Demdem:

I agree with u completely. besides, am interested in the contents of this proposed bill. Its time for the Retardeen to make sure he uses the politial muscle of the presidency in making sure its passed.
Admitedly, i praise the Retardeen for this initiative but am aware we have been at this stage before even beyond for more than two times now.

Exactly, Bro.

He has a chance to win people over with this move...so long as it is followed to logical conclusion.

Then move to other sectors. Checking things off, one by one.

He's leadership style is not inspirational at all, but you cannot argue against solid achievements.

Nigerians like projects they can see with their eyes. East West Road. Lagos Ibadan. Federal roads resurfacing. Even that parking spot they have been constructing for 5 years at Murtala Mohammed airport, plus the shabby disgraceful road leading to it.

My advice, since he can't change his uninspiring attitute, is to let his work speak for itself.

But an uninspiring leader needs to put double the effort on ground achievements before people will notice and say: 'hey wait a minute...the guy is actually working'.
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by Demdem(m): 8:28am On Jul 19, 2012
ypzilanti:

Exactly, Bro.

He has a chance to win people over with this move...so long as it is followed to logical conclusion.

Then move to other sectors. Checking things off, one by one.

He's leadership style is not inspirational at all, but you cannot argue against solid achievements.

Nigerians like projects they can see with their eyes. East West Road. Lagos Ibadan. Federal roads resurfacing. Even that parking spot they have been constructing for 5 years at Murtala Mohammed airport, plus the shabby disgraceful road leading to it.

My advice, since he can't change his uninspiring attitute, is to let his work speak for itself.

But an uninspiring leader needs to put double the effort on ground achievements before people will notice and say: 'hey wait a minute...the guy is actually working'.

I feel u. I dont enjoy criticising the govt at all but i will always stand by the truth. We just want a responsive and proactive govt that will better the lives of Nigerians. Who wouldnt want that? I will be the happiest man on earth if the Retardeen can simply prove me wrong. let me see sincere and purposeful leadership from him and u all will see me in action.
Re: GEJ Forwards Petroleum Industry Bill To NASS - Allison-Madueke by malc619(m): 8:30am On Jul 19, 2012
Demdem:

Why call OUR president RETARDEEN?? Pls respect him, ok?
At least the Retardeen has good intentions for the country....
Do Ʊ,like d Retardeen have good intentions for your country?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: See What CNN Is Calling 'breaking News / Was The Vice President So Tiny And Irrelevant For This Public Embarrasment? / Yoruba Needs To Get Rid Of Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.