Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,482 members, 7,854,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:33 AM

Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real (63545 Views)

Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog / Masturbate During Coronavirus Lockdown To Boost Your Immune System - Doctor / "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by kollinskollins(m): 10:27pm On May 03, 2020
Davash222:
Lazy people!
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Jorussia(m): 10:28pm On May 03, 2020
tonididdy:
So real

Today I receive news of my neighbor demise... He died of covid19 complications.
His residence has been fumigated and his wife isolated.
I await NCDC updates to see if it's recorded.
Bros abeg where for Benin?I never comot for house almost two weeks now for Benin.
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by EmekaBlue(m): 10:28pm On May 03, 2020
bakynes:
Abuja is more of a Civil Servant City, so these ones are the lazy ones who will be expecting salary without working. Am sure the business owners will go out to look for their daily bread.
How long do you want to remain at home, till the west produce a vaccine? Which will mainly serve their people first before extending down to Africa. So you will remain at home till then?
ministry workers grin

They haven't finished the movie series they r enjoying and collecting free salary

For me, i have never enjoyed govt money and i hate Nigeria FG for that... even in dying times like this Covid-19, FG cant even share money but people should go face their faith.

WICKED

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Globad(f): 10:28pm On May 03, 2020
bakynes:
Abuja is more of a Civil Servant City, so these ones are the lazy ones who will be expecting salary without working. Am sure the business owners will go out to look for their daily bread.
How long do you want to remain at home, till the west produce a vaccine? Which will mainly serve their people first before extending down to Africa. So you will remain at home till then?

Sensible and intelligent questions

Also, if everybody stays at home including the farmers which food are we going to be eating?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by FGonline: 10:29pm On May 03, 2020
tonididdy:
So real

Today I receive news of my neighbor demise... He died of covid19 complications.
His residence has been fumigated and his wife isolated.
I await NCDC updates to see if it's recorded.
hmmm
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Phyde: 10:29pm On May 03, 2020
clevvermind:
No. They are not lazy. They value their lives which Buhari don't care about.
Educate him more. If he doesn't value his life, others do.
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by COVIK19: 10:33pm On May 03, 2020
clevvermind:
You Dey mad ni? You’re still blaming Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by shankara7: 10:34pm On May 03, 2020
Phyde:

Educate him more. If he doesn't value his life, others do.
Where do you work?
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by showafrica(m): 10:34pm On May 03, 2020
bakynes:

I tell u, every month they receive salary without doing anything. If only Buhari will withhold federal salaries for 2 months, nobody go tell them to go work. Someone is supposed to review my file at pencom but since one month nothing and they still want to stay home

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Sidmond: 10:36pm On May 03, 2020
Factfinder1:
They don get sense finally

Imagine 4 people sitting at the back of a small Corolla from kubwa to wuse

Imagine the number of people standing inside el rufai buses from Suleja to area 1

Imagine the numbers of people in Berger at night wait for cabs and buses

Imagine UTC, banex and GSM village

Imagine mountain of fire people in utako every monday morning

Imagine dutse Monday market

Imagine gwarimpa under bridge

Stay at home guys

Even we wey dey Buhari backyard no see palliative talkless of people in far east and south

Well done, these examples sighted are some of my fears though people must go for daily bread since 'they' no gree give anything.

I live in Abuja (Kubwa)

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Phyde: 10:38pm On May 03, 2020
shankara7:
Where do you work?
Why asking? You wanna employ me ?

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Elvis2kay: 10:42pm On May 03, 2020
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Maikel26(m): 10:42pm On May 03, 2020
clevvermind:
Really!! But they were same people that insulted the government for shutting down their business and movement, still agitated for ending the lockdown..
Now all of a sudden they don't want to go out again.
Na wa for some people sef.
No matter what you do, you can never satisfy human being.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by onyxo76(m): 10:43pm On May 03, 2020
Davash222:
Lazy people!
lazy is better than dead...

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Joefat: 10:43pm On May 03, 2020
Imagine when we were having less than 20 coronavirus cases in a day, there's no way some can reach NCDC, but now that it about to go down.. NCDC will surely switched off their phones..
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Bimpe29: 10:47pm On May 03, 2020

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by onyxo76(m): 10:47pm On May 03, 2020
Sabby1:
Personally, I feel the lockdown should be extended as the number of cases is drastically increasing and drastic measures should be put in place to support citizens. Relaxing the lockdown will only increase the cases as we can't do without contacts to an extent. Take a look at what is happening to Ghana after they relaxed their lockdown. Confirmed corona virus cases in Ghana surged above 2,000, increasing 24% in a matter of days, Ghana health officials announced. The spike was announced 10 days after Ghana President Nana Akufo-Addo eased a three-week lockdown in the capital of Accra and in the city of Kumasi.

Nigerian government should create a means of supporting below average citizens with relief materials and palliatives not the audio one we are hearing.
When the daily number of confirmed cases drop drastically, then can we encourage the government to relax the lockdown.
cases drop drastically? well i wish it would happen that way, but the sad reality is that the virus is gong nowhere at least for now, we just have to find a way of coping with it.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by xreal: 10:48pm On May 03, 2020
bakynes:

Exactly, see Abuja guys as politicians who get fat on National cake while Lagos guys are business-minded husslers. If Lagos guy no hussle, e go sick. Sanwo Olu sef know.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by damesilver(m): 10:49pm On May 03, 2020
Joefat:
Imagine when we were having less than 20 coronavirus cases in a day, there's no way some can reach NCDC, but now that it about to go down.. NCDC will surely switched off their phones..

Bros, I can't laugh oh..
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Sagay212: 10:49pm On May 03, 2020
When Corona virus start to hit hard, people will be hiding in their houses. All those ones shouting wetin go chop, wetin we go chop, will be no where to be found. Everybody go get sense by force.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by pacificom: 10:50pm On May 03, 2020
Sabby1:
Personally, I feel the lockdown should be extended as the number of cases is drastically increasing and drastic measures should be put in place to support citizens. Relaxing the lockdown will only increase the cases as we can't do without contacts to an extent. Take a look at what is happening to Ghana after they relaxed their lockdown. Confirmed corona virus cases in Ghana surged above 2,000, increasing 24% in a matter of days, Ghana health officials announced. The spike was announced 10 days after Ghana President Nana Akufo-Addo eased a three-week lockdown in the capital of Accra and in the city of Kumasi.

Nigerian government should create a means of supporting below average citizens with relief materials and palliatives not the audio one we are hearing.
When the daily number of confirmed cases drop drastically, then can we encourage the government to relax the lockdown.

Perhaps it is pragmatic for Nigerians to keep an eye on Ghana situation for next14 days to decide whether it is safe to dive deep into the ocean

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by MisterGrace: 10:51pm On May 03, 2020
Davash222:
Lazy people!

You are obviously a kid.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by SolarEdge: 10:52pm On May 03, 2020
Davash222:
Lazy people!
Hard working citizen. Who gave you a smart phone that's smarter than you.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Olusholar24(m): 10:53pm On May 03, 2020
Davash222:
Lazy people!

Lol

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Reference(m): 10:56pm On May 03, 2020
Anyone who KNOWS he or she cannot handle it, does not have the CAPACITY should not deceive himself or herself and lie like Nigeria that he or she is ready. It will take a strong will backed by solid intellect and adequate resources to avoid getting infected. The virus is highly contagious. Very easy to contract. Make no mistake about this.

I have been out to work on and off throughout the lockdown and I can tell anyone that cares to listen that preventive protocols and safe practices are mentally draining and highly distracting. It will affect productivity no doubt until new post covid habits are fully formed. And that is for someone as in my case who controls his working environment completely.

Honestly I just donot know how the generality of Nigerians are going to survive this especially those not on top of all the factors surrounding their productivity. My advice is, just live each day at peak awareness, extreme care and fortitude while awaiting the vaccine in months to come.

IT WILL BE A VERY HARD TASK TO STAY SAFE. A VERY HARD TASK INDEED.

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by travelland(f): 10:58pm On May 03, 2020
clevvermind:
NThey are not lazy. They value their lives which Buhari don't care about.

Our economy is already in shambles, many people will lose jobs, you lot haven't seen any thing yet
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by travelland(f): 10:59pm On May 03, 2020
Reference:
[s]Anyone who KNOWS he or she cannot handle it, does not have the CAPACITY should not deceive himself or herself and lie like Nigeria that he or she is ready. It will take a strong will backed by solid intellect and adequate resources to avoid getting infected. The virus is highly contagious. Very easy to contract. Make no mistake about this.

I have been out to work on and off throughout the lockdown and I can tell anyone that cares to listen that preventive protocols and safe practices are mentally draining and highly distracting. It will affect productivity no doubt until new post covid habits are fully formed. And that is for someone as in my case who controls his working environment completely.

Honestly I just donot know how the generality of Nigerians are going to survive this especially those not on top of all the factors surrounding their productivity. My advice is, just live each day at peak awareness, extreme care and fortitude while awaiting the vaccine in months to come.

IT WILL BE A VERY HARD TASK TO STAY SAFE. A VERY HARD TASK INDEED[/s].
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by travelland(f): 11:00pm On May 03, 2020
pacificom:

Perhaps it is pragmatic for Nigerians to keep an eye on Ghana situation for next14 days to decide whether it is safe to dive deep into the ocean

Keep an eye on them while you die of hunger with no palliative?
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Funlag: 11:04pm On May 03, 2020
cheesy
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by travelland(f): 11:07pm On May 03, 2020
jericco1:
Good decision.. I have no plans to resume now sef.. undecided

But you will collect salary at the end of the month? Lazy yut

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

China Approves Two Coronavirus Vaccines For Human Trials / Advantages Of Being A Skinny Girl / Skinny Girls Club / British Citizen Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.