Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,445 members, 7,853,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:13 AM

Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real (63544 Views)

Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog / Masturbate During Coronavirus Lockdown To Boost Your Immune System - Doctor / "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by wolfenstein(m): 12:10am On May 04, 2020
The rich also Cries
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Seankhalifa: 12:11am On May 04, 2020
Bleep all tribalistic idiot here...
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by TruthSpeaker: 12:14am On May 04, 2020
THIS A DILEMMA IF ONE HAS TO BE REAL. COVID-19 PANDEMIC HAS FOUND IT’S WAY TO THE GRASSROOTS IN NIGERIA. DUE TO THE HIGH LEVEL OF IT’S CONTAGIOUSNESS AND CONSIDERABLE FATALITY RATE OF RECENT, IT DEMANDS UTMOST RESPECT AND PRECAUTION.
SOCIAL DISTANCING SHOULD BE PARAMOUNT NOW FOR THOSE THAT HAVE TO GO TO WORK. EMPLOYMENT SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY CURRENTLY IS VERY PRECARIOUS, WHICH MEANS AT THE SLIGHTEST PROVOCATION ONE CAN GET FIRED. TO GET A NEW JOB NOW AIN’T NO JOKE. I DON’T THINK THERE ARE SOLID LAWS IN PLACE IN NIGERIA THAT PROTECT WORKERS OR THAT AT LEAST GIVE THEM RIGHTS TO BACK ON.
THERE ARE ALSO PEOPLE THAT WILL STARVE TO DEATH IF THEY GO OUT TO WORK. IT IS FOR A REASON WE ARE CALLED THE POVERTY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by arewaseye: 12:17am On May 04, 2020
mvem:
so what happens when Inter state travelling restriction is lifted... No be one country we dey abi Kano dey another country...do you know how many were even travelling during the lockdown not even to talk about when everywhere opens up...many are doing business or schooling everywhere in the country

You are very correct. I know of two persons that have been traveling up and down in my area.
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by yom2(m): 12:20am On May 04, 2020
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Nobody: 12:23am On May 04, 2020
clevvermind:
No. They are not lazy. They value their lives which Buhari don't care about.
A poor man or a man who lives on daily income wants to threw away his life bah... Didn't you heard the part where NCDC boss said we hv to live with the virus until a vaccine is found. So tell me are you expecting people indoor till vaccine is bn found? I refuse to die of hunger because I know alternative is out there for me to survive by following the NCDC guidelines

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by meobizy(f): 12:31am On May 04, 2020
Mikkymilli:
To each, his own.
There are people that have millions in their account right now. If I were to be in their shoes, I would have stayed at home and be managing what I have till whenever this pandemic leaves. As long as I'll be alive after it all, I can continue the hustling. Can't y'all see the way the covid 19 death rate is increasing in Nigeria? Doesn't it scare you at least? There's something people don't know and I'll say it in capital letters. 'NIGERIA IS NOT READY FOR THIS PANDEMIC AT ALL'. We don't even have up to 3000 cases and NCDC is already overwhelmed. My people you're on your own o. Even if it's 400k you have in your account, stay home and manage till this pass away. Na who get life na im de chop. Don't be like John Mc. Daniel in the pic below.
Piers Morgan is an individual full of falsehood and probably fabricated the Twitter account to prove a point.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by meobizy(f): 12:36am On May 04, 2020
Hmm. The wise are not ready to die. Let the foolish fill cemeteries for the meantime. It is when death tolls rise to overbearing levels they’ll finally understand that hunger is a lesser evil compared to the pandemic. Many of the ones shouting about hunger being their discomfort eat at least once daily. I will pick that over not being alive to see my next meal or not being around to feed my family.
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by yom2(m): 12:37am On May 04, 2020
clevvermind:
abeg make we hear word.. Is there anybody that does not value his life in this case? Empty those people accounts and watch how their chemistry will change in seconds. U will start hearing lamentations like: 'yeepa ! '. "Ojigbijigbi !' 'chinekele'!!. "Mogbe o !!'. " Anwualame!!! '. ' I am finished !!! '. Forget that they are still forming saints now.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by charlesditro: 12:51am On May 04, 2020
Iyiataata92:
I won't blame the government for easing the lockdown, neither will I blame some residents for refusing to come out.
Rather, this is what is called democracy. The government gives you a choice and it is left for you to decide.
For me, I'm moving out tomorrow morning. I'll do all I can to protect myself and leave the rest in the hands of God.
those people that have been dying, i wonder in whose hand, they left their own rest.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Oneday82: 1:06am On May 04, 2020
Davash222:
Lazy people!

See this mugu. So you want to form power Mike. Mugu Coro no dey show for face. You can go and represent your family we no dey comot mugu

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Bennysam: 1:11am On May 04, 2020
Iyiataata92:

Did the same Buhari care about the life of those dying from hunger?
Pray this virus don't spread because if it did you won't
Remember that hunger again

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by MrCuteking(m): 1:12am On May 04, 2020
If you really want to stay extremely safe, just go and stay in your tick forest village

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Mattonimo: 1:45am On May 04, 2020
Stay at home people are blaming the govt , go out, they are still blaming the govt.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by ensamy(m): 2:04am On May 04, 2020
Sweden never lockdown and still they are waxing strong and better. African demographic of 60% is made up of young people below the age of 25 which is also peculiar to Nigeria. So there was no need to lockdown in the first place. Preventive measures were to be put in place while people continued Thier daily routine.
The EU demographic of 60% is made up of older people above the age of 60 which resulted to the number of deaths from Covid-19.
The older and most vulnerable can stay home , the younger ones can go about their normal duies. In so doing we can also achieve herd immunity.
"GO OUT AND WORK".

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Youngjohnosas: 2:05am On May 04, 2020
tonididdy:
So real

Today I receive news of my neighbor demise... He died of covid19 complications.
His residence has been fumigated and his wife isolated.
I await NCDC updates to see if it's recorded.
pls sir where in Benin?
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by enemyofprogress: 2:14am On May 04, 2020
It is like some of you will soon go and look for work at feeling stations to sell fewell.

Ajepako you better no follow them do that nonsense
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Kay25(m): 2:52am On May 04, 2020
Davash222:
Lazy people!
maybe at your grave yard buhari will come there come praise you for a work well done abi?safety matters anytime anyday
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Josephobaz1985: 2:59am On May 04, 2020
Sabby1:
Personally, I feel the lockdown should be extended as the number of cases is drastically increasing and drastic measures should be put in place to support citizens. Relaxing the lockdown will only increase the cases as we can't do without contacts to an extent. Take a look at what is happening to Ghana after they relaxed their lockdown. Confirmed corona virus cases in Ghana surged above 2,000, increasing 24% in a matter of days, Ghana health officials announced. The spike was announced 10 days after Ghana President Nana Akufo-Addo eased a three-week lockdown in the capital of Accra and in the city of Kumasi.

Nigerian government should create a means of supporting below average citizens with relief materials and palliatives not the audio one we are hearing.
When the daily number of confirmed cases drop drastically, then can we encourage the government to relax the lockdown.
billions of dollars are already lost and millions of families are already bankrupt. Most of you don't know how government run. The more you shot the engine of production the more you stop the wheels of progress. No government prints money nowadays because the is no enough materials to revalue the money cost of the money printed. The colossal destruction of the economy will hunt us for the next ten years.
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Sabby1(m): 4:34am On May 04, 2020
Josephobaz1985:
billions of dollars are already lost and millions of families are already bankrupt. Most of you don't know how government run. The more you shot the engine of production the more you stop the wheels of progress. No government prints money nowadays because the is no enough materials to revalue the money cost of the money printed. The colossal destruction of the economy will hunt us for the next ten years.
How do the government run?
This ain't time for economic review. When the pandemic is over then can you consider economic review.
The primary aim of the government at this point in time should be safeguarding the lives of her citizens and also ensuring their safety, but can Nigerian government guarantee you that?
In a country where you're certain that the citizens can't be guaranteed health safety, what do you do?
Do you just allow citizens to go to work depending solely on God's grace and mercy without adequate health provision or astute health policy?
Be sincere, isn't our health sector a mess?
If yes, then you want people to go out there and die all in the name of salvaging an already dead economy...Haba!
I am sure you probably don't know how rapid corona virus spread and how many Nigerians still doubt it's existence in the country.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Olowola2: 4:48am On May 04, 2020
Davash222:
Lazy people!
they're not lazy it's because poverty has change your reasoning of thinking
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Corporate2020: 4:55am On May 04, 2020
clevvermind:

If you don't mention Buhari, will you die?
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Heineken(m): 4:59am On May 04, 2020
helinues:
Except if Dem don get new job for filling station

undecided
hahahahah
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Babanisharon(m): 5:14am On May 04, 2020
Davash222:
Lazy people!
I pity you
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by freemi(m): 5:21am On May 04, 2020
Iyiataata92:
I won't blame the government for easing the lockdown, neither will I blame some residents for refusing to come out.
Rather, this is what is called democracy. The government gives you a choice and it is left for you to decide.
For me, I'm moving out tomorrow morning. I'll do all I can to protect myself and leave the rest in the hands of God.
were r u goin to exactly
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Iyiataata92: 5:35am On May 04, 2020
freemi:
were r u goin to exactly
you wan kidnap me?
I'm moving out of my house
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Nigeriaaa1960(f): 5:43am On May 04, 2020
Finally, Sense has fallen on them
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by zedegit: 5:46am On May 04, 2020
Racoon:
The community spread of COVID19 is alarming these few days.About 7 COVID19 positive people but asymptomatic have been identified in my area ystdy.

Meanwhile, they have been mingling with their families in the past one week.Plans are underway to move them to the Infectious Disease Hospital in Yaba.

How were they discovered?
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Nobody: 6:06am On May 04, 2020
I said it before and I will keep on saying it, a lot of Nigerian will be more lazier after this lock down, the main lazy ones are in side their houses praying for the continuing of the lock down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

China Approves Two Coronavirus Vaccines For Human Trials / Advantages Of Being A Skinny Girl / Skinny Girls Club / British Citizen Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.