Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,402 members, 7,853,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:39 AM

Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real (63542 Views)

Scientists Say They Can Cut HIV Out Of Cells Using Crispr Gene-editing Technolog / Masturbate During Coronavirus Lockdown To Boost Your Immune System - Doctor / "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Harunabisanti(m): 6:25am On May 04, 2020
clevvermind:
No. They are not lazy. They value their lives which Buhari don't care about.

Watch ur grammar, if Buhari said stay at home you were complaining and now he said u can go out, you are stilĺ complaining, what are you expecting from him

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Neddyogu(m): 6:55am On May 04, 2020
The question I want to ask is this; was the interview conducted in the homes of the respondents or they were met on the streets? If the later, why the aversion to going to work? Cos if u can come out of the house for whatever reason, u can as well be at work from 8am-2pm whilst observing SD rules.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by xcelentattitude(m): 6:58am On May 04, 2020
bakynes:
[b]Abuja is more of a Civil Servant City, [/b]so these ones are the lazy ones who will be expecting salary without working. Am sure the business owners will go out to look for their daily bread.
How long do you want to remain at home, till the west produce a vaccine? Which will mainly serve their people first before extending down to Africa. So you will remain at home till then?

I hope you live here in Abuja, if not, I'd say you don't have the foggiest clue about what you're saying.
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Emmaqueen: 7:08am On May 04, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
Useless Idiots. when government asked them to stay at home they were complaining And Crying all over social media Like Hungry Urchins. oya go out now And feed yourselves they're so scared to. Typical Daft Ipob Mentality
Must you be tribalistic?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Mikkymilli: 7:09am On May 04, 2020
meobizy:

Piers Morgan is an individual full of falsehood and probably fabricated the Twitter account to prove a point.
Here's a proof that he truly is dead. And this is not from Piers Morgan. Matter of fact, the news of his death is all over facebook. Type his name and see for yourself.

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by EzeAmusu(m): 7:10am On May 04, 2020
Davash222:
Lazy people!
very hard working man.
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by freemi(m): 7:14am On May 04, 2020
Iyiataata92:
you wan kidnap me? I'm moving out of my house
lols
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Racoon(m): 7:33am On May 04, 2020
zedegit:
How were they discovered?
One started manifesting symptoms & was tested which was positive so was his neighbours he has mingled with.
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by universe26(m): 7:36am On May 04, 2020
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by meobizy(f): 7:40am On May 04, 2020
Mikkymilli:

Here's a proof that he truly is dead. And this is not from Piers Morgan. Matter of fact, the news of his death is all over facebook. Type his name and see for yourself.
Thanks. I'm reading on the story now and it seems the man stayed adamant on his opinion till his death. His wife is trying to paint the man as a saint, but I'm not buying it.
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Blazebond(m): 7:40am On May 04, 2020
Work or life has to resume,you have been told what to do when going out,this virus doesn't have a cure yet so the world can't sit down and allow the virus overcome it,the world is bigger than the virus,so who no go work should be sacked period,no money for lazy or fear fear man,who go die go die,who go save go save,na nau many of Una go take GOD serious,why Una almighty science never fit see vaccine or cure since this virus start ? Na GOD sure pass o,make Una fall enter line now o.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Factfinder1(m): 8:05am On May 04, 2020
Sidmond:

Well done, these examples sighted are some of my fears though people must go for daily bread since 'they' no gree give anything.

I live in Abuja (Kubwa)

I pray for everyone's safety..I'm in dutse....hopefully we meet for business some day
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Shekochild: 8:22am On May 04, 2020
afroniger:
I don't blame dem. The North has become the defacto epicentre of COVID-19. Abuja especially should really watch it because as FCT and owing to its location and proximity to the likes of Kano and Kaduna, COVID-19 will always be close by.
Abuja ain't that close to kano like exaggerated. You think the imaginary middle- belt lumping with northern Nigeria to form the imaginary north will save your region? Geopolitical zoning exist only in the brains of Nigeria.... If kano is not safe, the far distance does not guarantee the safety of your region. It is just a matter of time...
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Helju: 8:45am On May 04, 2020
Nbote:
Most of dem were agitating and calling for an end to d lockdown.. I'm sure most of dem were some of those who initially claimed d virus was political and not as serious as been portrayed by d NCDC figures. I'm glad some of dem are beginning to com to their senses

Exactly. They called the pandemic a scam.
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Fiestafetta: 8:46am On May 04, 2020
My own advice is that anybody that wants to go out should go out, protect yourself and be conscious of the whole measures just to be on safer side. But if you look at this figures released by the so called NCDC, you will petrified, terrified, honestly you will die in fear.

Only God knows what they are doing or what they stand to gain. I have taken my time to study the trend across the nation. Let me start from Ibadan that I base. Their is no lock down in Ibadan, is short, there was never a total lockdown, what we have is curfew and partial restrictions of movement, and we all know proximity of Lagos to Ibadan, we also know how connectedl Ibadan-lagos express road is to other states and northern state, despite all these, Oyo state has recorded the least if compare to state that have been lockdown in south west. Why is it like that? Is there anything that the Governor is doing differently? Are Ibadan people more cultured, learned, law abiding than Lagos and rest?

I think is because Oyo state have decided to do things differently than all these copy and paste that other governors are doing from federal government (especially APC states).

Oyo state governor does not play to the gallery of the NCDC games of permutation, probability and duplication of numbers and restrained from the CMD of UCH shenanigan but istead works with good epidemiologists and other medical professionals,

Look at what is happening in other PDP states, anambra is easing lockdown still not recording any new cases even when they reported it is in reasonable and few numbers.

The NCDC boss is exploiting President of his weakness and incapacitation for his selfish interests because I still don't know why he feels that the virus must spread to all federation while it did not spread all over the provinces in China.

Why forcing Kofi state and Cross river states to manufactured number of covid19 cases when none exist? Even when he gave them guidelines to follow before test to be carried out. By now, if their is any cases in kogi, is it not be obvious by now, the people would have been showing symptoms or probably dropping dead by now, even the doctors would have been crying out.

So finally, my point is that, don't be discouraged by all this figures out there, go out if you have any important assignment, protect yourself and observe necessary measures to keep yourself safe. Despite the lockdown in Lagos state, I have traveled to Lagos two times in two weeks without any hitches, not even all the police officers on the road that put on nose mask..

May God never abandon us...

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Yoighaman(m): 8:48am On May 04, 2020
Yanmiriflathead:
Useless Idiots. when government asked them to stay at home they were complaining And Crying all over social media Like Hungry Urchins. oya go out now And feed yourselves they're so scared to. Typical Daft Ipob Mentality

I wanted to 'like' your comment until I saw the 'IPOB' part. You don't have to go tribalistic in anything you say or do. Stop being a part of Nigeria's challenges, rather, be part of the solution.
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by gentlemate00: 9:12am On May 04, 2020
Covid -19 is here to stay government should be sincere by provide basic counter measure to reduce the spread.

Ecstasy154:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/lockdown-we-are-not-resuming-work-covid-19-is-real-abuja-residents-react/

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Avalancheman: 9:16am On May 04, 2020
[s]
Digmygold:
Lol
Avalancheman said they resumed last week grin
[/s]

2 or 3 respondents can't be speaking for all Abuja residents. Olodo! smiley
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by pacificom: 9:30am On May 04, 2020
pacificom:

Perhaps it is pragmatic for Nigerians to keep an eye on Ghana situation for next14 days to decide whether it is safe to dive deep into the ocean
Absolutely splendid and thoughtful of you. The Cruz of the matter is the imminent surge in fatality rate, and high cost of treating such unbearable cases in coming weeks.
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Mummyfour(f): 10:59am On May 04, 2020
Factfinder1:
They don get sense finally

Imagine 4 people sitting at the back of a small Corolla from kubwa to wuse

Imagine the number of people standing inside el rufai buses from Suleja to area 1

Imagine the numbers of people in Berger at night wait for cabs and buses

Imagine UTC, banex and GSM village

Imagine mountain of fire people in utako every monday morning

Imagine dutse Monday market

Imagine gwarimpa under bridge

Stay at home guys

Even we wey dey Buhari backyard no see palliative talkless of people in far east and south
you are a confirmed Abuja First son. Chai you know the drill Wella. 4 at the back,2 at the front even at Apo. How will the social distancing work?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Digmygold: 12:53pm On May 04, 2020
Avalancheman:
[s][/s]

2 or 3 respondents can't be speaking for all Abuja residents. Olodo! smiley

And where did your tired bat eyes see 2 or 3 respondents. Your sense is missing.
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Avalancheman: 1:02pm On May 04, 2020
[s]
Digmygold:

And where did your tired bat eyes see 2 or 3 respondents. Your sense is missing.
[/s]

Shut up! Olofo!! The most important thing is that you have resumed your driver job... grin
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by kayrichy: 1:15pm On May 04, 2020
Even Buhari himself can’t take the risk to go out..
clevvermind:
No. They are not lazy. They value their lives which Buhari don't care about.
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by dederocs(m): 1:37pm On May 04, 2020
misleading headline
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by ajepako(f): 4:50pm On May 04, 2020
enemyofprogress:
It is like some of you will soon go and look for work at feeling stations to sell fewell.

Ajepako you better no follow them do that nonsense

Sule..

Na emotional station no be feeling station..

Go school, you no gree. tongue tongue
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by andrewtosin(m): 12:37pm On May 05, 2020
Mummyfour:
you are a confirmed Abuja First son. Chai you know the drill Wella. 4 at the back,2 at the front even at Apo. How will the social distancing work?
come see traffic for Airport Road yesterday... You go fear fear
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Mummyfour(f): 1:47pm On May 05, 2020
andrewtosin:
come see traffic for Airport Road yesterday... You go fear fear
wahala dey o. That's why I just decided to stay home yesterday and today because I knew people will rush out the way birds rush out of their cages when they are freed. I didn't want to be caught in that situation too
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by andrewtosin(m): 8:43pm On May 05, 2020
Mummyfour:
wahala dey o. That's why I just decided to stay home yesterday and today because I knew people will rush out the way birds rush out of their cages when they are freed. I didn't want to be caught in that situation too
You are wise dear... Same thing I did oh... Make we dey use ojú shunuku wòó first. The funny thing is some people still believe Corona virus is a sham.

By the way how are "four"?
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by Mummyfour(f): 11:13pm On May 05, 2020
andrewtosin:
You are wise dear... Same thing I did oh... Make we dey use ojú shunuku wòó first. The funny thing is some people still believe Corona virus is a sham.

By the way how are "four"?
Sharp guy grin grin safety first. The four are fine and hope you keep on being safe
Re: Lockdown: Abuja Residents Say They Are Not Resuming Work, COVID-19 Is Real by andrewtosin(m): 7:51am On May 06, 2020
Mummyfour:
Sharp guy grin grin safety first. The four are fine and hope you keep on being safe
I do oh.... Morning dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

China Approves Two Coronavirus Vaccines For Human Trials / Advantages Of Being A Skinny Girl / Skinny Girls Club / British Citizen Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.