Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS (19018 Views)

Peter Obi, Atiku Swimming In Wealth, Yet Nigerians Drown In Poverty - APC Group / 133 million Nigerians are living In Poverty - FG / Ugbaha Mohammed 'Dogo': Chief Cook Served 7 Past Nigerian Leaders, In Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by somehow: 1:02pm On May 04, 2020
from 60 percent poor to 40 percent poor within 10 years?

how did it happen?

what are we doing right that changed the curve?

1 Like

Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Shezkid01(m): 1:03pm On May 04, 2020
Lies.. in sokoto and Kano alone more than 30millions are living in poverty
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Seb4luv1: 1:03pm On May 04, 2020
82.9 million living in poverty yet one stupid man came on air to tell the world that they gave Nigerians 100 Billion, just imagine giving this 89.9 million persons 2 million each to start up a business how much go remain. Mr Lai Mohammed
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 04, 2020
Wots do u expect wen selfish dullards are ruling us.. undecided
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by donbachi(m): 1:04pm On May 04, 2020
Angelfrost:

If not more... These people don't know what real poverty means.

How many Nigerians can afford one decent and balanced daily meal?!!
no mind dem..person wey chop o level food 3times go claim sey him chop 3 square meal.
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by simhosting: 1:05pm On May 04, 2020
ok
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Noel19: 1:06pm On May 04, 2020
fergie006:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-82-9m-nigerians-living-in-poverty-says-nbs
The indices used as yardstick is flawed. The number and percentage is higher than the above tabulated.

Using layman's analysis, what's the ratio of the rich to the poor in Nigeria.

In Nigeria, we have there are two classes of people; the extreme rich and the very poor based on the level of personal income.

There are so many indices used in measuring standard of living, some indices perform better than others but in the end, none is sacrosanct.

If we use annual income, access to health and other basic necessities of life and sum up every every using the dollar as purchasing power parity, then you'll realise that more than 80% of Nigerians are living in penury both urban and rural dwellers.

1 Like

Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by enemyofprogress: 1:06pm On May 04, 2020
I know some of them here on nairaland grin grin
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by tunary(m): 1:07pm On May 04, 2020
E don red for Nigerians. as life short reach na only suffer them dey suffer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by PigTormentor: 1:07pm On May 04, 2020
Davash222:
Buhari and APC don finish us for this country, una dey look dem cry cry

Oh I forgot Buhari has been ruling Nigeria since 2010. I thought one drunkard with questionable phd also known as Jona-daft was president from 2010 to 2015.
Hey, what do I know.
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by altruisticlomo(m): 1:09pm On May 04, 2020
with the view of poverty rate frm my own perspective i think it should b around 140million people are living in poverty
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by PigTormentor: 1:10pm On May 04, 2020
Shezkid01:
Lies.. in sokoto and Kano alone more than 30millions are living in poverty

What about the Millions of Ndi Ayiyo in the SE?
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by GamalNasser: 1:10pm On May 04, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
Audio statistics......!

Extreme Poverty should be 90 million

Normal Poverty is around 85 million

Comfortable ones are 10 millions

Rich ones 5 Million

Stinkingly wealthy 25, 000

You know
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by NwuyeMadu: 1:11pm On May 04, 2020
I believe dat number is incorrect, am very sure e reach 160million
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by desiredhome: 1:16pm On May 04, 2020
Saao:
Not surprised. The present government emphasize more on her citizens been poor than the citizens prosperity. Until their is deliberate policy to turn lthe tides, poverty rate will get to 100m
Blame blame blame......... the criminals packing the Nigerian people's money abroad will still blame the government, the ones hiding the money inside suckaway tank will blame the government, the ones doing fake road contracts to further destroy our road will blame the
government, the ones scamming their sheeple will come and blame the government,
even those that have been shouting "it it your money"? will be blaming government.
Funny how same people sabotaging the government will still be complaining of bad government....... embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by jericco1(m): 1:16pm On May 04, 2020
It's more than that
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Saao(m): 1:21pm On May 04, 2020
desiredhome:

Blame blame blame......... the criminals packing the Nigerian people's money abroad will still blame the government, the ones hiding the money inside suckaway tank will blame the government, the ones doing fake road contracts to further destroy our road will blame the
government, the ones scamming their sheeple will come and blame the government,
even those that have been vshouting "it it your money"? will be blaming government.
Funny how same people sabotaging the government will still be complaining of bad government....... embarassed embarassed embarassed
yeah, every blames goes to them because we empowered them to checkmate those excesses you itemized but unfortunately they failed woefully rather they prefer to loot and nepotised instead.
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by dallyemmy: 1:27pm On May 04, 2020
What is the basis?
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by benzion72(m): 1:29pm On May 04, 2020
We shall lift 5 million Nigeria out of poverty yearly, we shall create 30 million job in our first term. Electricity is not a rocket science, in 6 months we shall give everybody electricity, Dollar will be equal to one naira, petrol is will be 50 naira. We shall deliver dont worry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by DATACUG00000(m): 1:29pm On May 04, 2020
Hun
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by brunxy(m): 1:30pm On May 04, 2020
That figure is wrong...far more than that
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by desiredhome: 1:33pm On May 04, 2020
Saao:
yeah, every blames goes to them because we empowered them to checkmate those excesses you itemized but unfortunately they failed woefully rather they prefer to loot and nepotised instead.
We can't keep doing the wrong things and expect something good, it's not magic, even the Bible said what so ever a man sow so shall he reap....
No matter who is in that position will still fail because Nigerians/black man with their mentality are so wicked.
When we start reasoning without sentiments and hatred in our heart, Nigeria will be great
Shalom
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Kubernetes: 1:38pm On May 04, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
Audio statistics......!

Rich ones 5 Million

I have a house,2cars,a biz with average income of #290k/month,a savs account bal of N7m...I am comfortable?
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by Focusmind: 1:38pm On May 04, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
Audio statistics......!

Rich ones 5 Million

Mehn, I couldn't stop laughing on reading this - please send this analysis to NBS as a response to their publication. Your analysis vividly captured the current poverty distribution in Nigeria but our leaders and politicians will continue to live in self denial about the enormity of poverty in this country.
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by chriscrosss(m): 1:39pm On May 04, 2020
Na big time lie..liars.. Over 100 million are living in poverty..
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by ZeusP(m): 1:39pm On May 04, 2020
All Fingers Aint Equal
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by winj: 1:42pm On May 04, 2020
Davash222:
Buhari and APC don finish us for this country, una dey look dem cry cry

Until Nigerians like you acquire some commonsense, things will continue to look bleak!

The people who "finish u for the country" are the parents who despite knowing they are surrounded by poverty and lack of resources...CONTINUE TO PRODUCE CHILDREN THEY AND THE COMMUNITY CANNOT FEED AND CATER FOR!

EVERY UNPLANNED CHILD OR FAMILY ADDS TO THE POVERTY STATISTICS!

IF YOU WANT TO END POVERTY START FROM PARENTS AND FAMILIES!
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by letitrainnow(m): 1:42pm On May 04, 2020
Not just knowing the figures. They should do something about it.

undecided
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by lexy2014: 1:45pm On May 04, 2020
Sunshineg5:
I think the poverty rate in most urban areas are often underestimated, while the poverty rate in rural areas are often overestimated in Nigeria.

This is a result of the definition of poverty which places emphasis on living below a certain amount of money daily

However, the fact that the cost of living in most Nigerian cities are almost 100% higher than most rural areas in Nigeria is often neglected.

Spot on
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by adahgold(m): 1:45pm On May 04, 2020
E pass ooo.
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by DorianD(m): 1:46pm On May 04, 2020
Lai Mohammed and Garba Shehu will move swiftly to Debunk this..APC is no doubt a carnival of greedy idiots. Now they are relaxing Lockdown because they don't want to pay palliative.....Nijaloan is the next big thing... Check my signature and signup now
Re: 82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS by cmt1(m): 1:48pm On May 04, 2020
fergie006:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-82-9m-nigerians-living-in-poverty-says-nbs

Rubbish report!!! How can we have a population increase of 80 million plus between 2010 and 2020. I finally give up on this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Will Defend And Retain My Victory - Ademola Adeleke / Buhari Gets 44.5 Million Naira Campaign Funding / Bola Tinubu Meets With Speakers Of Northern States’ Houses Of Assemb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.