Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade (13256 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Arsene Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade Award / Rafa's Pride At World Coach Honour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by HamidO1(m): 4:33pm On Jan 11, 2011
In Arsene we trust!!! Haters go hug transformer. Tell me any coach that played a complete season in the last decade without losing one single league match??
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch47(m): 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2011
@post i knew these kind of reaction will come from ignorant glory hunting people who only watch and follow clubs based on their being in top 4 and heavy spending resulting in one or two silverware not on tradition,ideology and love for the game.it is not uncommon to hear them talk aimlessly "how many cup ya club don collect?" personaly wenger and arsenal has been a source of inspiration to me,the ability of wenger to use mostly average players who critics here often write off to propel a club and maintain a first four place for 14 consecutive years is a sign of a coachs ability to deliver as against heavy spending on big names and finished products, to me wenger deserves the award and to crown it up arsenal will win at least a silverware this season.for true football fans who actualy sit down to enjoy football i will suggest arsenal.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by mystikal(m): 4:52pm On Jan 11, 2011
Wenger, Chop knuckle!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Concept(m): 4:54pm On Jan 11, 2011
My Coach. Congrats!! Long live Aresene and Arsenal. Up Gunners even for heaven. Good judgement.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by kehneah: 4:56pm On Jan 11, 2011
I KNOW ARSENAL HATERS WOULD FEED ON THIS,
Y'ALL KNOW BETTER THAN THE PEOPLE THAT GAVE THE AWARD SHE??

GUNNER FOR LIFE,
WE LOVE TROPHIES TOO, BT IT AINT ALL BOUT TROPHIES AS U ALL CAN RIGHTLY SEE!!
SO, BACK OFF!!!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Concept(m): 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2011
@switch 47 What an analysis. Perfect guy!! U hv spoken and a right thinking person should be able to reason along that line sentiment apart. Thank you.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by ifeci: 5:07pm On Jan 11, 2011
Consolation!, others dey win world best coach, wenger dey win coach of the decade, i guess thats a consolation for his  under achievements, they for even give am coach of they century cos I can't remember when last Arsenal took anything meaningful home.  should be more than a decade so why a decade, they should have increased it to two decades cos he deserves it, nonsense statistics magazine Award, Arsenal fans should be ashamed,
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by don401(m): 5:16pm On Jan 11, 2011
arsne wengay shud have won GAY of the decade award instead (@all keep focus on arsne wengay asistant just see hw she (i mean he) dey cross his legs as if he be woman.lol
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2011
A coach who hasn't managed to win a title in over half-a decade,yet some useless people give him coach of the same decade.Yet Harry Redknapp and Juande Ramos managed to win trophies within the same period.
I know most Arsenal fans cannot use their brains to save their lives,so I can understand why the reactions above like chop-knuckle Wenger are abounding.
If it isn't about trophies,kindly tell us what it is all about.Unambitious lot.
One muppet was talking about going a season unbeaten.And after all that,they couldn't extend their dominance to Europe.
Most Arsenal fans should be banned from football.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Spclst900: 5:40pm On Jan 11, 2011
yo Mr. Wenger.

Haters let us live our lives.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 11, 2011
^^^^
Deluded bunch of people.
What is there to hate in someone who has forgotten how to win a title?
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by wizzymate(m): 6:14pm On Jan 11, 2011
The result may be something of a
surprise given Arsenal haven ’t
won a trophy in the past five
years but their consistent
performances in the Premier
League and Champions League
saw Wenger come first in the
vote with 156 points, with
Ferguson eight points behind on
148 and Mourinho a further 13
points back on 135.
“Although the Frenchman has
until now never won the annual
vote, he has been among the
best-placed coaches every year, ”
a statement from the
organisation read.
“It is admirable how he has
repeatedly moulded young
players into an attacking and
technically brilliant way of play.”
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by aieromon(m): 6:14pm On Jan 11, 2011
Mssschhheeeww. . . . Nonsense
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by spora1: 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2011
Haters. Tell me how many coaches have won EMIRATE CUP in the world

Mr. Beans has been winning it for the past 5 seasons or so, and they keep on complaining he is winning cup. Emirate cup na bowl or spoon?

Abegi, trophy na trophy.

Wait for Feb 15th, Wenger will teach pep how to play yori yori football, afterall na from highbury pep steal the style.

Up Winger sorry up wigan, sorry up, anything
__________________________________________________________________________-

On a serious note, this news is sarcastic,. The op was just trying to direct us to his new site. Bad boy!

You are hereby banned!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch47(m): 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2011
I do not expect the typical nigerian fan to understand how wenger won but for a man who has consistently use mostly average players to stay on top that is 14 consecutive champions leagues ,coaching is not all about winning trophies with ready made players you got through heavy spending,its the ability to make your mark with seemingly nothing,arsenal has consistently remained in top 10 clubs in the world using a "cheap" squad and talking about silverware wenger has won that b4 and he will surely win again. Wenger is a pure coach who does not rely on finished product/heavy spending but has managed to stay competitive for more than a decade.the silverware will surely come starting from this season.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by seunKelz: 6:45pm On Jan 11, 2011
LoveKing:

Lets be objective here, Wenger plays good football we give him that, but that is not all it takes for him to win this award. When the likes off Pep, Ferguson and Jose M. have also done astonishing things within this time frame. He grooms player so, what has Rosicky, Cesc Farbregas,Clichy, Gibbs, Ramsey, Vela done for there countries, if they have been well groomed. The point is obvious there is no dispute in Wenger been a good coach, but truth be told even with all the stats he brings to the table, He has not been the best coach btw 2000-2010. And that is the truth, without any iota of hatred.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by batiatus(m): 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2011
Hala madrid. If it is consistancy in trophies dn fergie shld. Lets anayles 4rm 2000 to date hw many games hv fergie and wenger won in all competition dn may be we may be fair enuf 2 both.be back wit d statics later.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by baslone: 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2011
seun Kelz:

. He grooms player so, what has Rosicky, Cesc Farbregas,Clichy, Gibbs, Ramsey, Vela done for there countries, if they have been well groomed.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. . . another one o!!! grin grin
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by johnterry1: 7:09pm On Jan 11, 2011
am not surprised fifa award is becoming something of a joke.sneider won 3 competitions and was decisive for his club,took his country to the final of the world and the drunkards in fifa still didnt nominate him for fifa footballer of the yr.why should i be surpised that wenger is their coach of the year.

@arsenal fan,u guys should use ur heads.do u actually think the old deserves the award.wenger is not even on the same level as pep,mourinho,fergie,or ancellotti.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by medjai(m): 7:17pm On Jan 11, 2011
Absolute farce. He doesnt deserve it on any ground. Good gaffer though.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by tkb417(m): 7:18pm On Jan 11, 2011
He shd be given d coach of d millennium too!

He has done well for football, he produced d likes of Djorou and Clichy. Twats!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Sunboy400(m): 7:23pm On Jan 11, 2011
Stupid haters coming here saying what has he won in the last 6years.Pls how many clubs have built a brand new world class stadium and still consistently remained in the top 4 of the premier league and quarter finals of the champions league for the past 6years? The fact is whe are taking it stage by stage,we'v completed our stadium,got a new team and now we are ready to start winning things,starting wit the carling cup in february, And any hater that does not like it should go and hug transformer.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by amurx(m): 7:35pm On Jan 11, 2011
let dem say anythng 4 all know is dat arsene wengers is d best coach of d decade either u lyk it or nt, up gunnerss!!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by deb(m): 7:37pm On Jan 11, 2011
Haters, tell me any coach in the decade who has won the league unbeaten amongst the other contenders and almost took the feat through the half way of the following season. He should be in the Guinness book of record. Stop hating, accept defeat.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by orgasm(m): 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2011
shadrach77:

it's senseless to give him such an award. what has Arsenal won for the past four years ?
He won coach of the DECADE,i repeat DECADE!
Incase you still dnt get it,Decade means 10years not four years.
U remembered what de achieve in d past four years but forgot that within the 10years they achieved being the INVINCINBLES!
You may not know what dat one means. GOAT!(sorry for using dat on you ddt have any choice)
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by MeGaStReEt: 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2011
lmao
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by HamidO1(m): 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2011
seun Kelz:
He grooms player so, what has Rosicky, Cesc Farbregas,Clichy, Gibbs, Ramsey, Vela done for there countries, if they have been well groomed. The point is obvious there is no dispute in Wenger been a good coach, but truth be told even with all the stats he brings to the table, He has not been the best coach btw 2000-2010. And that is the truth, without any iota of hatred.

I doubt if this guy was thinking straight when he included Febregas in the above list. Convince us now that you aren't an hater. What more can a player do for his country than give the killer pass that lead to the goal that won the world cup for his country. Did you watch the last world cup at all.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by HamidO1(m): 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2011
deb:

Haters, tell me any coach in the decade who has won the league unbeaten amongst the other contenders and almost took the feat through the half way of the following season. He should be in the Guinness book of record. Stop hating, accept defeat.

Have you forgotten that most of them especially Chelsea fans weren't following the league yet as at then. I doubt if they know about Arsenal's unbeaten run. Haters
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by paulmamud(m): 9:03pm On Jan 11, 2011
Some dude woke up today and decided to play a prank on y'all. CHECK THE LINK BEFORE YOU REACT! goalng my big black a$$! And to think some people actually got all hot and bothered over some imaginary award.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by johnterry1: 9:07pm On Jan 11, 2011
Arsenal fans are d most brainless.barca players are not happy dat wenger won it and so have promised tn deal with his boys in their champ league match nxt month.
if wenger is actually gud,he shld motivate his boys to beat barca.i just cant wait 4 barca to torture our coach of d decade wit his players
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by ujchief(m): 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2011
Although Wenger has never won the annual vote, Arsenal’s consistent performances have always ensured that he has been a finalist each year"

they didnt see him fit enough to win the yearly award, then they compensate him for being the yearly runners-up!
FYI, quarterfinals of Champion's league is no trophy, first fourth finish in EPL is also no trophy. All falls into the category of runners-up. Wenger is about to surprise u guys by winning the plastic carling cup this year.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Spclst900: 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2011
johnterry1:

am not surprised fifa award is becoming something of a joke.sneider won 3 competitions and was decisive for his club,took his country to the final of the world and the drunkards in fifa still didnt nominate him for fifa footballer of the yr.why should i be surpised that wenger is their coach of the year.

@arsenal fan,u guys should use your heads.do u actually think the old deserves the award.wenger is not even on the same level as pep,mourinho,fergie,or ancellotti.

na so you take see am because you follow among haters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas / Marseille Vs Arsenal - UCL (1 - 2) On 18th September 2013 / West Ham Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th December 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.