Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade (13234 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Arsene Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade Award / Rafa's Pride At World Coach Honour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Spclst900: 9:26pm On Jan 11, 2011
StarBoard:

^^^^
Deluded bunch of people.
What is there to hate in someone who has forgotten how to win a title?
you tell me.

At least allow the man enjoy this his personal title which he's just won. Is that too much to ask?
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by aieromon(m): 9:31pm On Jan 11, 2011
Spclst900:

you tell me.

At least allow the man enjoy this his personal title which he's just won. Is that too much to ask?

Enjoy like Jose Mourinho? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Donchucky(m): 10:01pm On Jan 11, 2011
smileyWhen I hear am I laff tire maybe dem start to count from back, lol
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by demoore1(m): 10:26pm On Jan 11, 2011
This needs to be investisted. How much did he lobby for this?
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by johnterry1: 10:31pm On Jan 11, 2011
Arsenal fans are d most brainless.barca players are not happy dat wenger won it and so have promised tn deal with his boys in their champ league match nxt month.
if wenger is actually gud,he shld motivate his boys to beat barca.i just cant wait 4 barca to torture our coach of d decade wit his players
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by HamidO1(m): 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2011
^^^ Why don't you just pray your drowning club doesn't get thrown out of the top four at the end of the season instead of bothering yourself about Arsenal. Hater
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch47(m): 10:51pm On Jan 11, 2011
@post i knew these kind of reaction will come from ignorant glory hunting people who only watch and follow clubs based on their being in top 4 and heavy spending resulting in one or two silverware not on tradition,ideology and love for the game.it is not uncommon to hear them talk aimlessly "how many cup ya club don collect?" personaly wenger and arsenal has been a source of inspiration to me,the ability of wenger to use mostly average players who critics here often write off to propel a club and maintain a first four place for 14 consecutive years is a sign of a coachs ability to deliver as against heavy spending on big names and finished products, to me wenger deserves the award and to crown it up arsenal will win at least a silverware this season.for true football fans who actualy sit down to enjoy football i will suggest arsenal. A coach is someone who can use any kind of player and stay very competitive by succesfully blending them togerther. Real Madrid for example bought heavily making JM's job a bit easier. WENGER deserves the award!!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by HamidO1(m): 10:54pm On Jan 11, 2011
de-moore:

This needs to be investisted. How much did he lobby for this?

You see your life. Spend all your time hating on Wenger instead of working on your typing skills. HATER
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by switch47(m): 11:38pm On Jan 11, 2011
Wenger is Coach of the Decade!

A decade of annual polling for the position of the World's Best Coach of the 1st Decade of the 21st century carried out by the IFFHS (La Fédération Internationale de l'Histoire du Football et des Statistiques) has ended with Arsene Wenger being crowned as the best ahead of Sir Alex and Mourinho.

Each year between 2001 and 2010 jurors from many different countries have voted internationally and despite never winning an annual poll Arsene's consistency in maintaining Arsenal competing at the top level every year has put him ahead of his peers on the decade's tally. The IFFHS is an organization of historical and statistical studies on football founded in 1984 in Germany. As an acknowledged source, recognised and supported by FIFA, it has developed what it claims to be a sophisticated and scientific system of calculating the best performances achieved by players or coaches over specific time periods and presents its club and national coach and other awards annually. Those coaches winning annual awards over the last decade have been more than happy to accept them and Arsene will be presented with his award at the World Football Gala 2011 to be held in May.

A total of 176 coaches from 50 countries have appeared in the polling over the 10 years. Only 3 Englishmen featured in this time with Roy Hodgson ranked highest in 92nd place. Sir Alex Ferguson came in a close 2nd with Jose Mourinho 3rd. As with all ranking systems the methodology used can be challenged but as an indication of Wenger's influence on the game over this last decade it's a satisfying achievement nonetheless.

Read more: http://www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=521736#ixzz1AljCdeMW

CONGRATULATIONS!! it was well deserved!!  Using a cheap squad to saty on top four for 14 years is no easy feat, ask man city and chelsea if it is easy!!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by An0nimus: 12:52am On Jan 12, 2011
if u no like am. . .laff. . .then well,go hug transformer.shikina.
E dey scrash u for body? undecided
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by bash673(m): 1:14am On Jan 12, 2011
In a wide range of media there is massive doubt about the significance of IFFHS rankings and elections. German news agency Deutsche Presse-Agentur abstains from publishing news relating to the IFFHS. Karl Lennartz, a sports historian from Cologne, Germany, calls the organization "obscure", describing it as a one man show of its chairman Alfredo Pöge

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Federation_of_Football_History_%26_Statistics

I know something must really be wrong.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Nobody: 4:11am On Jan 12, 2011
This is a great sarcasm shocked.Anyways,this has just complicated Arsenals problems.Josep must now be determined to show the world that Arsene is the greatest loser of the decade.May God have mercy upon Arsenal in the champions league.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by dayokanu(m): 6:59am On Jan 12, 2011
In the same decade I would compare some coaches to wenGAY and we can all see the results for ourselves

Jose Mourinho won 6 league titles, Ferguson 6 league titles, Wenger 2 league titles, Rafa Benitez 2 League titles

Jose Mourinho 2 CL titles and 1 UEFA cup, Ferguson 1 CL title 1 FIFA world club cup, Wenger 0 CL title 0 UEFA cup, Rafa Benitez 1 CL, 1 UEFA cup
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by mystikal(m): 7:17am On Jan 12, 2011
The criteria used in the award measured things which are not quantifiable. Gerrit!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by dayokanu(m): 7:36am On Jan 12, 2011
Like what things are not quantifiable? The amount of wrinkles or number of boys he sodomises?
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by mystikal(m): 7:43am On Jan 12, 2011
Why you go open your yansh for am?
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by okosodo: 7:54am On Jan 12, 2011
I am an arsenal fan, but i think it is not fair, even in the scale of 1 to 20 Mr.Wenger is not qualified to be there. My fellow arsenal fans plz stop fooling yourselvz.Let us say the truth even though we are nigerians
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by dayokanu(m): 7:58am On Jan 12, 2011
You made an assertion like the below,

mystikal:

The criteria used in the award measured things which are not quantifiable. Gerrit!

One would have expected you to defend your position instead you come up with this
mystikal:

Why you go open your yansh for am?

I would have said all Arsenal fans are morons but the post below show that some Arsenal fans still can think
okosodo:

I am an arsenal fan, but i think it is not fair, even in the scale of 1 to 20 Mr.Wenger is not qualified to be there. My fellow arsenal fans plz stop fooling yourselvz.Let us say the truth even though we are nigerians
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 12, 2011
dayokanu:

In the same decade I would compare some coaches to wenGAY and we can all see the results for ourselves
Jose Mourinho won 6 league titles, Ferguson 6 league titles, Wenger 2 league titles, Rafa Benitez 2 League titles
Jose Mourinho 2 CL titles and 1 UEFA cup, Ferguson 1 CL title 1 FIFA world club cup, Wenger 0 CL title 0 UEFA cup, Rafa Benitez 1 CL, 1 UEFA cup
Please dayokanu,don't bother to argue with this brainless and deluded lot.Kindly use your time to do something constructive than argue with a bunch of ignorant people.
If any other criteria aside from the above is used,we then know who is responsible for organising a sham of an award.
Trust the gunners to look for anything to celebrate in the light of over a half-decade of trophilessness.
okosodo:

I would have written off all the Gunners but for the above.Try and educate your lot.They seem to know nothing about football
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 12, 2011
Whats this news about? After how many years of Trophy drought?

Guess is High time you Guys stop going around with Rumors angry angry angry
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by delimit(m): 8:27am On Jan 12, 2011
El Guapo:

Whats this news about? After how many years of Trophy drought?

Guess is High time you Guys stop going around with Rumors angry angry angry
dayokanu:

You made an assertion like the below,

One would have expected you to defend your position instead you come up with this
I would have said all Arsenal fans are morons but the post below show that some Arsenal fans still can think

do most of you know what is call a decade.
they are looking at consistency,arsenal fc has been consistence for the past 10 years in the world of football.
GUNNERS FOR LIFE !
STOP THE HATERED
congratulations arsene wenger
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 12, 2011
^^^^
What kind of id.iotic response is this?
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by montelik(m): 8:36am On Jan 12, 2011
At least Arsene and Arsenal can lay claim to a recent trophy now. grin grin
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by mystikal(m): 9:05am On Jan 12, 2011
Maybe people don't know where Arsenal came from. Compare the Arsenal of the end of the 20th century to now. We couldn't get out of our CL group in 1998 n 1999. Now we're cocky about being in the last stages. In 2000 we were playing to 38,000 and had only just purchased our own training ground having previously rented off of a university until the very last weeks of the 20th Century. Factor in the management of resources and the players he has brought in. Now if you accept that Alex Ferguson did most of his progressive work in the 90s (and has excellently fed off that work in the last decade) it's fair to say no manager has done more to transform an entire club this decade than Wenger. AW is so unique in what he's done at Arsenal, precisely why he won this thing ja re.

I'm surprised at the sheer good sense of this award anyway, the obvious choices would be Ferguson or Mourinho because, as EVERYONE knows (because it's written in stone), in sport, the ONLY thing to look at is how many trophies you've won. But at least they were not far off with the points abi  grin.
Make una free Wenger jor.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by rashylous(m): 9:07am On Jan 12, 2011
okosodo or wetin be ur name. u must be OLODO, Im not sure u re true gunner fan, Honestly u pissed me off, !
you guys keep argueing over an AWARD that was decided by more than hundreds of INTELLECT all over the WORLD, No wonder NIGERIA remain the same,
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by abrahym(m): 9:17am On Jan 12, 2011
Wetin baba fergie win?
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 12, 2011
abrahym:

Wetin baba fergie win?
you must be a re.tard for the above remark.
mystikal:

Maybe people don't know where Arsenal came from. Compare the Arsenal of the end of the 20th century to now. We couldn't get out of our CL group in 1998 n 1999. Now we're cocky about being in the last stages. In 2000 we were playing to 38,000 and had only just purchased our own training ground having previously rented off of a university until the very last weeks of the 20th Century. Factor in the management of resources and the players he has brought in. Now if you accept that Alex Ferguson did most of his progressive work in the 90s (and has excellently fed off that work in the last decade) it's fair to say no manager has done more to transform an entire club this decade than Wenger. AW is so unique in what he's done at Arsenal, precisely why he won this thing ja re.
I'm surprised at the sheer good sense of this award anyway, the obvious choices would be Ferguson or Mourinho because, as EVERYONE knows (because it's written in stone), in sport, the ONLY thing to look at is how many trophies you've won. But at least they were not far off with the points abi grin.
Make una free Wenger jor.
Oga,are we talking of football manger of the decade or club general manger of the decade?How does Highbury and Emirate have anything to do with an award that is strictly football related?Shouldn't the fact that you have a new stadium give credit to the Arsenal board instead of Wenger?Was it Wenger's idea?Did he bakroll the building of the stadium?
Maybe part of the reason we have this phony award is because AW mows the grass every morning at the emirates and washes the players kits after games and training.
Transformation?Arsenal went from being unbeaten to steadily finishing 3rd/4th for the past 5 years.That is negative progress.And you want me to believe that crap you put about progress.Stop this self-service-fest abeg.You people have no reason to justify this bogus award
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by OlaRay4(m): 11:09am On Jan 12, 2011
Haters. Tell me how many coaches have won EMIRATE CUP in the world

MICKEY MOUSE CUP!!!!
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by harmeenut: 11:29am On Jan 12, 2011
For all Arsenal supporters, you shouldn’t be worry about most of the analysis posted here. The criteria used by the voters had been explained and if anybody does not agree with that, no problem, you are bound to agree or disagree with anything in life. The advent of fanatic support for foreign football leagues started with the advent of DTSV & cable TVs into Nigeria and I’m sure 70% of EPL supporters in Nigeria became ardent supporters of EPL within the last 10 years. Tell me did u hear of ‘Up Blue’ before the coming of Abramovich or Mourinho to Chelsea? Did you normally hear of Up Barca prior to the era of Ronaldinho-Messi? How many supporters of Man City did you hear of prior to the takeover by the Thailand guy before Sheikh Millionaires step in? It was only when these clubs started winning trophies that fans club started springing up here & there and their own philosophy of good club is by how many trophies you’ve won. I can tell you that if Chelsea/Barca/Man U/or even Arsenal gets relegated; they will be searching for the next available winning clubs to join. To them it’s either you are winning title or nothing. With their shouts about how many titles somebody have won, their orientation is that clubs West Ham, Birmingham, Reading, Blackpool, Almeria, Borrusia Monchanglanbach and other lesser clubs in the world leagues should not exist or should not be recognized
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Maxidoe(m): 12:00pm On Jan 12, 2011
harmeenut:

For all Arsenal supporters, you shouldn’t be worry about most of the analysis posted here. The criteria used by the voters had been explained and if anybody does not agree with that, no problem, you are bound to agree or disagree with anything in life. The advent of fanatic support for foreign football leagues started with the advent of DTSV & cable TVs into Nigeria and I’m sure 70% of EPL supporters in Nigeria became ardent supporters of EPL within the last 10 years. Tell me did u hear of ‘Up Blue’ before the coming of Abramovich or Mourinho to Chelsea? Did you normally hear of Up Barca prior to the era of Ronaldinho-Messi? How many supporters of Man City did you hear of prior to the takeover by the Thailand guy before Sheikh Millionaires step in? It was only when these clubs started winning trophies that fans club started springing up here & there and their own philosophy of good club is by how many trophies you’ve won. I can tell you that if Chelsea/Barca/Man U/or even Arsenal gets relegated; they will be searching for the next available winning clubs to join. To them it’s either you are winning title or nothing. With their shouts about how many titles somebody have won, their orientation is that clubs West Ham, Birmingham, Reading, Blackpool, Almeria, Borrusia Monchanglanbach and other lesser clubs in the world leagues should not exist or should not be recognized

Absolutely brilliant, chop Knuckle jo, when insults are thrown up and down i hate to respond to a topic, but your post here just made it impossible for me not to respond. An award was given by a group yet peeps come in here and insult all Arsenal fans senselessly as if it was Arsenal fans that gave him the award, and they think is wrong for you to say congratulations to a Coach who is in charge of the team you support, most of them ranting,the moment their team dont win trophies they abandon and join another, a particular team has its supporters from mainly two teams after a rich man took over the club and very soon they would live in drones, thats not what been a fan is all about, Leeds united have been relegated for almost ten years or more, yet they have fans, West Ham may have not won anything in more than 20 yrs but upton park is always filled up each time they have a match, true fans you know. We have not won anything in the last five years, we dont like it, we would really love to win everything, if we dont is that a reason to stop supporting the club or be ashamed of the club? heeeeeeeeelllllll NO, in good and bad times we remain GUNNERS even if we are relegated we will still support and make noise about ARSENAl, your insults, taunts has never and will never affect us great and real fans respect each other, they may hate, dislike, and fight each other, but they respect each other and remember respect is reciprocal.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by bash673(m): 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2011
Maxidoe:

Absolutely brilliant, chop Knuckle jo, when insults are thrown up and down i hate to respond to a topic, but your post here just made it impossible for me not to respond. An award was given by a group yet peeps come in here and insult all Arsenal fans senselessly as if it was Arsenal fans that gave him the award, and they think is wrong for you to say congratulations to a Coach who is in charge of the team you support, most of them ranting,the moment their team dont win trophies they abandon and join another, a particular team has its supporters from mainly two teams after a rich man took over the club and very soon they would live in drones, thats not what been a fan is all about, Leeds united have been relegated for almost ten years or more, yet they have fans, West Ham may have not won anything in more than 20 yrs but upton park is always filled up each time they have a match, true fans you know. We have not won anything in the last five years, we dont like it, we would really love to win everything, if we dont is that a reason to stop supporting the club or be ashamed of the club? heeeeeeeeelllllll NO, in good and bad times we remain GUNNERS even if we are relegated we will still support and make noise about ARSENAl, your insults, taunts has never and will never affect us great and real fans respect each other, they may hate, dislike, and fight each other, but they respect each other and remember respect is reciprocal.

It's like you lost it friend, the issue is not that you should not support your club. You have the right to support your club, but don't just follow embarrassment and say it is the best. People are arguing about Wenger not being coach of the decade. And you should have read my post above to understand that the organization that came up with the award is a one man show. Also tell your friend that you responded to his post to go and check how Mourinho started with Porto, that is how you know a coach is good.
Re: Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade by Doluseun(m): 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2011
arsenal played unbeaten in a season just in epl not in all competition,al-ahly football club of egypt played two season unbeaten in all competition they participated in(dats why egypt have a formidable national team).
Arsene wenger won 2epl titles,3fa cups,3 community shields btw 2000-2005 with top class playaz e.g viera,henry,gilberto,edu,wiltord,seaman,bergkamp,lauren,ashley cole.ray parlour,ljunberg,pires,sol campbell,dixon,keown,cygan,sylvinho e.t.c which most n many of them are more than 23 to 30 years of age.they played 2geda 4 @least a period 3 seasons.so,then he won titles wit no average or young playaz.since then till now is has nufin xept imaginary spoon.coz as at then those playaz r good in arsenal,i mean only in arsenal.
Sir alex fergunson,d greatest football club manager of our tym,won 5 epl titles,1 CL,1 world club cup,3 fa cups,3 carling cups,produce 1st epl playa 4 winning fifa world footballer year.btw 2000 to 2010,with top class playas such as gigs,becham,scholes,neville brothers,nicky butt.van der saar,caroll,howard,nistelroy,heize,tevez,fletcher,cr7,nani,veron,rooney,brown,hargreaves,anderson,evra,park,fortune,vidic,rio,rafael,sylvester,oshea,carrick e.t.c.so see d difference, u gunners fans n stop celeb8ing yeye award wenger collect.
N:B:Wenger did not build all aforementioned arsenal playas n d current ones from their feedas team,they were all bougth(ashley cole was from west ham feedas team).SIR ALEX FERGUSON build some of his playaz from man u feedas team e.g.scholes,gigs,nevilles,becham,fletcher,brown,oshea e.t.c.so tell wenger to stop child abuse.
Wenger did not near ancelloti,pep,mou,not to come talk of SAF.Award dat fifa did not recognize,even as fifa is corrupt.
Arsenal play good attacking game,so why didnt they beat barca dat plays attacking game as they do.mumuuu.
I av been supporting man united 4 d past 15 years n still counting,where n wen most of gunas fans joined arsenal wen kanu plays 4 dem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Everton (0 - 0) On 11th November 2018 / Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas / Manchester United Vs Fulham - (3 - 2) 25th August 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.