Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,833 members, 7,851,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:52 AM

Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) (108390 Views)

Kogi, Lagos, Rivers Most Expensive States In Nigeria – NBS / Ebonyi State - The 7th Poorest State In Nigeria With 73.% Poverty Rate / Despite Fight, Corruption Still Thrives In Nigeria, NBS Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by northvietnam(m): 5:43pm On May 04, 2020
seunmsg:
87.73% poverty rate in sokoto. So, what exactly has Tambuwal been doing since 2015? And to think he’s also a 2023 presidential hopeful. Smh.

U don see food na... Enjoy

I sure say u go pick form by 2023 make we see Wetin u fit do for the field , u think say politics be like Nland management

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Armaggedon: 5:43pm On May 04, 2020
Any index that doesn't use average financial transaction of bvn linked account to access poverty is fake.

'Prevalence of poverty' is misleading as an individual may have ten million and live on 2000 daily while someone who has 500000 may live on 10000 daily.
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by funken: 5:43pm On May 04, 2020
I don't think agriculture is the Eldorado of Nigeria. Check out the majority of the developing countries (eg Thailand, Vietnam, etc) and you will see that they have invested heavily in their human capital that has birthed industries. You will see that they are also heavily agrarian societies too. However. agriculture is commodities and no nation is rich with commodities only.

Sunshineg5:
Government needs to invest heavily in Agriculture to reduce the rate of poverty in Nigeria.

It seems simple enough

>Northern Nigeria are known to be very good farmers

>There seems to be a high rate of poverty in the northern Nigeria according to most research results of organizations around the world

> Nigeria spends billions of dollars importing food like rice and co which Northerners can provide.

> Serious investment in Agriculture not just lips service like our government often do would lift millions out of poverty and help strengthen the nation.

I am talking about massive irrigation systems, Storage facilities, training for farmers on new techniques in Farming and introduction of high yield seeds. etc.

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by GeneralPula: 5:43pm On May 04, 2020
SciLab:
Immediately I saw Osun and Ogun stats I knew it was fake. In Osun, you see poverty walking on two legs. No state in the south has more beggars than Oyo state per sqm. Go to challenge, go to Iwo road and see able-bodied beggars who will drag your shirts if you don't give them money. grin

This is the same region that we have seen invading bread vans and carting away palliatives due to lockdown hunger. Yet the claim others are the poorest in the south. grin grin

Let's not forget the name of the DG of NBS- Dr. Yemi 'oluwole' kale. That tells us all we need to know about the 'oluwole' statistics and it's authenticity. grin

Dirty lie. I doubt if you’ve ever been to Osun before..

You’re saying this because Osun isn’t always in the news.

I won’t even bother myself to start listing things..

7 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Gabkosh: 5:43pm On May 04, 2020
ManMountain:

He is igbo, any statistics that doesn't message their ego must be fraudulent
Even when WHO stated that their cities are the world dirtiest, they called it lie

8 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 04, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Government needs to invest heavily in Agriculture to reduce the rate of poverty in Nigeria.

It seems simple enough

>Northern Nigeria are known to be very good farmers

>There seems to be a high rate of poverty in the northern Nigeria according to most research results of organizations around the world

> Nigeria spends billions of dollars importing food like rice and co which Northerners can provide.

> Serious investment in Agriculture not just lips service like our government often do would lift millions out of poverty and help strengthen the nation.

I am talking about massive irrigation systems, Storage facilities, training for farmers on new techniques in Farming and introduction of high yield seeds. etc.

The south has land for agriculture too....far better fertile land than the desert north
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by todugo(m): 5:44pm On May 04, 2020
The solution to the economic problem that this country has is not just diversification but MANAGEMENT. We can still diversify the economy and have this huge poverty rate if we have bad/poor mangement especially from our leaders.

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 04, 2020
seunmsg:
87.73% poverty rate in sokoto. So, what exactly has Tambuwal been doing since 2015? And to think he’s also a 2023 presidential hopeful. Smh.

Is sokoto state 5 years old?
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Gabkosh: 5:45pm On May 04, 2020
totit:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
This one strong o
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Osaze007: 5:45pm On May 04, 2020
TundeBricklayer:

In all you listed please list Yoruba firm let compare with Igbos

I don’t have time to argue with people who are hell bent on living in their own delusion

6 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 5:45pm On May 04, 2020
manuelreports:

They keep pacifying themselves with useless stats. I base my asupmtion from what I see on ground. A regular Traveller playing Lagos to Abuja can testify the level of poverty in the South West Nigeria and even some part of Lagos. I don't need any useless and baseless stats from corrupt NBS to know.

Tell that to those that haven't visited SE cheesy

Apart from Anambra , no SE state is better.
No be by Hotels and clubs in Owerri and Enugu oooo cheesy

Abi the ones wey dey Imo state University

Abeq tell your stories to the birds

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sunshineg5(m): 5:46pm On May 04, 2020
PrecisionFx:

The south has land for agriculture too....far better fertile land than the desert north
The North has the population. How many down south wish to be farmers?
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Gabkosh: 5:46pm On May 04, 2020
TundeBricklayer:

Lagos is nation commercial center
Igbos dominates in Banking sector, trade and commerce, IT, transportation, indeginous industries, Importation etc
You wouldn't want to start what you cannot finish.

5 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by seunmsg(m): 5:46pm On May 04, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Is sokoto state 5 years old?

No. He should have made significant improvement in the last 5 years. 87% poverty rate is scary. What is he doing about it? What poverty alleviation policy as he introduced since 2015? We can’t start excusing him for this mess.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by AregbeFufu: 5:46pm On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

Nope they are purposely doing it. If the statistics favor them they will be praising themselves, but if it’s against them then it’s fake.

Don’t think they are angry because it’s Yemi Kale alone, even if Worldbank present a statistics that favor the Yorubas, they will say it’s because worldbank they hate Igbos.

Their usual tactics is Lagos-Ibadan expressway media. Any news that don’t favor them will be automatically tagged that. One will now ask if the Igbos don’t control any news medium anymore.
That statistic is as fallacious and bogus as the Boogeyman.
I'm sure even you ain't convinced by that bullshit.
See osun poverty rate looking like that of a Scandinavian country grin
8% grin are you kidding me right now, for where grin
Same osun civil servant state where workers and pensioners were dying of hunger under Aregbe, before buhari bailed them out.
Look at Ogun, oyo seriously grin
States that are now experiencing a worrying trend of emerging almajiris sad.
Just laughable.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sunshineg5(m): 5:47pm On May 04, 2020
funken:
I don't think agriculture is the Eldorado of Nigeria. Check out the majority of the developing countries (eg Thailand, Vietnam, etc) and you will see that they have invested heavily in their human capital that has birthed industries. You will see that they are also heavily agrarian societies too. However. agriculture is commodities and no nation is rich with commodities only.

You are absolutely right but most industrial revolution start from somewhere

Agriculture is a very important industry for us now considering our skills level.
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

I know this is what you guys will say, when it doesn't favour you.

Is it Yoruba man that conducted the research in SE

He went to each village and conducted the research??

Better hurry and join the next bus to Lagos.

Enugu state can never ever have a higher poverty rate than nasarawa.

This stats is quite hopeless, useless n false

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by eagleu: 5:48pm On May 04, 2020
Despite getting more than 80% of the federal allocations, the north is still locked in poverty.
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by ManMountain(m): 5:49pm On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

Click on the report and they will write how they arrived at the conclusion. Click the link and read up.

An average ibo don't read

8 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 04, 2020
seunmsg:

No. He should have made significant improvement in the last 5 years. 87% poverty rate is scary. What is he doing about it? What poverty alleviation policy as he introduced since 2015? We can’t start excusing him for this mess.

U expect him to solve an age long poverty that has lasted decades in 5 years....And yet u shield buhari from doing same... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Kdon2: 5:50pm On May 04, 2020
AregbeFufu:

This Corona virus really revealed the level of poverty in yoruba land, not that it wasn't obvious before.
No one is falling for yoruba propaganda, keep calling Lagos.
After scooping palm oil from the road in Ogun, bamidele will be screaming Lagos Lagos.

We understand your bitterness you and your likes are in severe pains.

11 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 5:50pm On May 04, 2020
PrecisionFx:

If you're sure that you graduate and you did research in your project.

You should know how statistics works

8 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by TundeBricklayer: 5:51pm On May 04, 2020
Gabkosh:
You wouldn't want to start what you cannot finish.
Let go there grin

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by MrPaul2: 5:51pm On May 04, 2020
Why will Sokoto not be the poorest when they still marry four wives minimum and give birth yearly in their poverty.
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 04, 2020
Sunshineg5:
The North has the population. How many down south wish to be farmers?

The south is much more populated than the north.

Millions in the south want to be farmers, the FG have always prevented them from being farmers by systemically channelling almost all agricultural investments to the north

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sunshineg5(m): 5:52pm On May 04, 2020
AregbeFufu:

That statistic is as fallacious and bogus as the Boogeyman.
I'm sure even you ain't convinced by that bullshit.
See osun poverty rate looking like that of a Scandinavian country grin
8% grin are you kidding me right now, for where grin
Same osun civil servant state where workers and pensioners were dying of hunger under Aregbe, before buhari bailed them out.
Look at Ogun, oyo seriously grin
States that are now experiencing a worrying trend of emerging almajiris sad.
Just laughable.
One thing about you people is how you just love to bad mouth others without a single proof to back your claims.

You are the richest in Nigeria but you are the one shouting marginalization like a pop song on every occasion.

If I haven't been to the East, I would have thought you guys are next in Nigeria to the European based your boastful nature.

13 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

If you're sure that you graduate and you did research in your project.

You should know how statistics works

Maybe u have cataracts.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 04, 2020
How did they arrive at these figures, Nigeria bullshit statistics, they cant do a simple bar and pie chart.

Just figure skating off course.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by IGBOSON1: 5:53pm On May 04, 2020
Toosure70:
Proudly afonja

You’ve got to be kidding me! As a Yoruba, just what is there to be proud about with your situation in ‘one Nigeria’ today? Or is it the fact you think you’ve ‘beaten’ the ‘okoros’ in a dick measuring contest!?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Girl Videos Ipalibo Banigo, Rivers Deputy Governor, Breaks Through Security / DSS Butchered Saheed Adisa 'Adogan' After 48 Bullets Failed To Penetrate - ICYMI / Full List Of Nigeria National Honours Award Recipients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.