Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:31 AM

Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) (108380 Views)

Kogi, Lagos, Rivers Most Expensive States In Nigeria – NBS / Ebonyi State - The 7th Poorest State In Nigeria With 73.% Poverty Rate / Despite Fight, Corruption Still Thrives In Nigeria, NBS Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by chrisxxx(m): 6:09pm On May 04, 2020
seunmsg:
87.73% poverty rate in sokoto. So, what exactly has Tambuwal been doing since 2015? And to think he’s also a 2023 presidential hopeful. Smh.
Do u know what it was before he became the governor?
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by lozanni(m): 6:10pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

Sorry who knows ABC, GUO, Chisco in SW cheesy

Seems like its Hut you've been residing.

How many of your people own such mega transport companies?
I am sure you own a 'Bolekaja' grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:11pm On May 04, 2020
lozanni:

I was born and bred in Lagos State for your information, so I am privileged to know about yorubaland and the East, unlike you who have never left Ijebu before for any other part of yorubaland
The dominant means of transport in your place is 'Bolekaja', the truck that packs human on long hard benches facing each other.
Even in Lagos when Igbos travel with their commercial buses during the Xmas, the town ends up looking empty.

Your initial statement was

Who owns mega transport companies like ABC, Chisco, Young shall grow, God is good, GUO among others?
Where are the Industrial cities of Nnewi and Aba located?

Nobody knows ABC or GUO in South west.
Lagos isn't a measurement of SW.

Have you forgotten that Ogun state is where most industries are located??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by totit: 6:11pm On May 04, 2020
Kdon2:

You no get shame. Go and develop your region na!

Lmao.
You must be from that region ravaged by poverty.
Don't pollute me with your poverty abeg. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 04, 2020
AregbeFufu:

That "statistic" is nothing short of laughable.
Osun 8% Enugu 58%
We have heard

They are not talking about rich people here. To calculate it

You've to consider, standard of living, population, assets, infrastructures. Etc. If only You know how ignorant you sound.

The above statistics is not about tall buildings.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Shashar: 6:12pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

Tell that to those that haven't visited SE cheesy

Apart from Anambra , no SE state is better.
No be by Hotels and clubs in Owerri and Enugu oooo cheesy

Abi the ones wey dey Imo state University

Abeq tell your stories to the birds
The problem with you guys,is that you don't travel,You agree that Anambara is better than your south west state because you have been seeing picture of the state on this forume.Trust me,if other south east state start posting picture,You will know that Swest is still backward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by cool318(m): 6:14pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:
Lagos has the lowest poverty rate
Followed by delta nice one.

With places like this??
Don't tell me that you are not aware that this analysis or statistics is flawed.

There are more than 82 million poor Nigerians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by lozanni(m): 6:14pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

It seems you didn't do statistics in school.
How did world bank concluded that a country is the poverty capital of the world??

They conducted research on each citizens of the country?? cheesy

Seems, statistics ain't taught in SE

Poverty capital of the whole world refers to the whole country, they did not single out any region.
Though they stated that poverty is more widespread in the North.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Osaze007: 6:14pm On May 04, 2020
lozanni:

I was born and bred in Lagos State for your information, so I am privileged to know about yorubaland and the East, unlike you who have never left Ijebu before for any other part of yorubaland
The dominant means of transport in your place is 'Bolekaja', the truck that packs human on long hard benches facing each other.
Even in Lagos when Igbos travel with their commercial buses during the Xmas, the town ends up looking empty.

Lagos is not all of yoruba land there are 7 other states Yorubas are present

If you want mock the means of transport it’s the same thing that’s used in the east it’s only igbos that use those long buses due to poverty in the land they can’t afford to fly

Also Igbo land is like kwara state size hence while yorubas fly for their long journeys igbos use bus

Why do you think most pilots in ng are yorubas

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:15pm On May 04, 2020
lozanni:

Poverty capital of the whole world refers to the whole country, they did not single out any region.
Though they stated that poverty is more widespread in the North.

So how did they arrive at the stats??

They do head count for everyone?? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by TundeBricklayer: 6:15pm On May 04, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

You've to consider, standard of living, population, assets, infrastructures. Etc. If only You know how ignorant you sound.

By using 22,110 households as samples for all states in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:16pm On May 04, 2020
cool318:

With places like this??
Don't tell me that you are not aware that this analysis or statistics is flawed.

There are more than 82 million poor Nigerians

Sorry, How did you arrive at your answer cheesy

You counted them? ?

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by totit: 6:16pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

I told him ooo.
If he did statistics in school and not skip classes, he would understand what sample means

Varh soon, I mean, the way things is going SE might end up being at the bottom by the year 2022 cry cry cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by SpaceTour: 6:16pm On May 04, 2020
[s]
Shashar:
The problem with you guys,is that you don't travel,You agree that Anambara is better than your south west state because you have been seeing picture of the state on this forume.Trust me,if other south east state start posting picture,You will know that Swest is still backward.
[/s]

You don carry this your Aba illiterate mentality to this place. Ok you wanna show him the disgusting shithole called Aba? Ofcourse igbos and outsiders knows that Anambra is the SE leader in development. Silly Aba miscreant.

8 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:17pm On May 04, 2020
Shashar:

Mr man, I've been to Enugu and Imo.
I schooled in UNN don't tell me rubbish.

Tell that lies to the birds..

Anambra is the only state that's better in SE.

We ain't talking about hotels and clubs wey dey Owerri and Enugu

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 04, 2020
This Afonjas are very foolish who are they thinking they deceiving with their useless propaganda grin atleast the corona virus has revealed the real hungry people in nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:18pm On May 04, 2020
TundeBricklayer:

By using 22,110 households as samples for all states in Nigeria

Are you sure you went to school??

Did you do project and research?

Lemme see your answer

6 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by lozanni(m): 6:18pm On May 04, 2020
[quote author=Osaze007 post=89184452]

Lagos is not all of yoruba land there are 7 other states Yorubas are present

If you want mock the means of transport it’s the same thing that’s used in the east it’s only igbos that use those long buses due to poverty in the land they can’t afford to fly

Also Igbo land is like kwara state size hence while yorubas fly for their long journeys igbos use bus

Why do you think most pilots in ng are yorubas [/quote

I now know am arguing with a presumptuous person.
Where did you get your statistics on the above facts?
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Goke7: 6:18pm On May 04, 2020
AregbeFufu:

Nsukka, Nnewi, onitsha, Aba, okigwe, orlu etc are all hamlets abi, with no non-igbos living there.
The problem with yoruba people is that your knowledge is seriously limited to yoruba land alone.

I have traveled to the east very well, its not as livable as the SW reason your people flock to our land. I did NYSC in osogbo Osun state, even as yoruba person, met and interacted with many igbo graduates who served and were or still living in osun state. One secret confession they made was the surprised availability and affordability of food in state like Osun than in igbo land. When one corners your folks into a room, they begin to open up and admit the ease of life in the SW than in the SE. Am not deceived at all by online rants and lies. The migration of the SE people to the SW says it all. Let's all admit it.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by AregbeFufu: 6:19pm On May 04, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

After saying nothing, you are talking of ignorance.
Same SW that has the highest occurrence of stunted growth in kids due to poor nutrition.
I'm telling you that poverty is seen and felt, you hardly see people living in squalor and extreme poverty in the SE.
Most people in the SE live in 3-6 storey concrete buildings.
Whereas in the SW it's square kilometers upon square kilometers of mud house slums with rusted roofs.
Of course this thread is about tall buildings.
Because rent in those tall buildings is 250k/annum minimum.
Poor people don't spend such on accommodation.

3 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:19pm On May 04, 2020
totit:

Varh soon, I mean, the way things is going SE might end up being at the bottom by the year 2022 cry cry cry

Swears.
Cownu should be held responsible cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by IGBOSON1: 6:19pm On May 04, 2020
Goke7:

this is the problem, few wealthy individuals is not a true reflection of the prosperity of a place. Do you have more wealthy men or middle class folks in anambra than poor people?

I doubt! But i’m certain Anambra has a better spread of wealthy/comfortable individuals and a better spread of wealth than any other state in Nigeria! And by ‘Anambrans’, i’m referring to both those at home and those in diaspora!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Goovo(m): 6:19pm On May 04, 2020
Trailblazer1:
You'd end up more confused after reading the statistics grin

exactly grin grin grin
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:20pm On May 04, 2020
AregbeFufu:

After saying nothing, you are talking of ignorance.
Same SW that has the highest occurrence of stunted growth in kids due to poor nutrition.
I'm telling you that poverty is seen and felt, you hardly see people living in squalor and extreme poverty in the SE.
Most people in the SE live in 3-6 storey concrete buildings.
Whereas in the SW it's square kilometers upon square kilometers of mud house slums with rusted roofs.
Of course this thread is about tall buildings.
Because rent in those tall buildings is 250k/annum minimum.
Poor people don't spend such on accommodation.

The whole of SE is less than Oyo state
Of course you guys don't have lands.

Why should I be building Storey building when there are lots of land in SW.

Go to school you no gree cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by totit: 6:21pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

Swears.
Cownu should be held responsible cheesy

Here is another stats by international body ;

https://mppn.org/nigeria-national-mpi/

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by ayoola27: 6:21pm On May 04, 2020
TundeBricklayer:

Abia is far better than Osun, Ekiti and Ondo state
because u said so ryt

since when did u become an authority on statistics

7 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by pazienza(m): 6:21pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

Mr man, I've been to Enugu and Imo.
I schooled in UNN don't tell me rubbish.

Tell that lies to the birds..

Anambra is the only state that's better in SE.

We ain't talking about hotels and clubs wey dey Owerri and Enugu

Lol!
Cheap divide and conquer tactics by cheap Ofe people.
Soon they will flood here with their fake accounts claiming to be from Anambra and different parts of Igboland and then start a mini war to create self deluded impression of Igbos fighting themselves.
How stupid when they know the nonsense starts and ends on Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:23pm On May 04, 2020
pazienza:

Lol!
Cheap divide and conquer tactics by cheap Ofe people.
Soon they will flood here with their fake accounts claiming to be from Anambra and different parts of Igboland and then start a mini war to create self deluded impression of Igbos fighting themselves.
How stupid when they know the nonsense starts and ends on Nairaland.

I'm not from Anambra.
I've never been to Anambra, abia and Enboyi.

But IMO and Enugu, Taarrr.
Don't even go there. cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Girl Videos Ipalibo Banigo, Rivers Deputy Governor, Breaks Through Security / DSS Butchered Saheed Adisa 'Adogan' After 48 Bullets Failed To Penetrate - ICYMI / Full List Of Nigeria National Honours Award Recipients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.