Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,773 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:57 PM

Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest (2773 Views)

Southwest Remains The Epicentre Of Poverty In Nigeria / NNANDI KANU WON The African Guardian's Man Of The Year 2019 / Why Many Nigerians Are Scared Of The Year 2019 - Dele Momodu Writes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by mrvitalis(m): 4:45pm On May 04, 2020
JAMO84:
You cannot be humble to those who sell lands to you? Did you bring the money you used to buy the lands from your place?

You buy land in SW, You buy lands in the North. But since I was born, I have never seen any Yoruba who owns even a quarter plot in Igbo land. Nobody who's not Igbo go to your land and prosper. The few non Igbo in the SE are there like refuges.

I AM DONE TALKING

There are none igbos making it big in Igbo land ...we are active people we take use of our opportunity not wait for outsiders

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by mrvitalis(m): 4:47pm On May 04, 2020
sweetsell:
Who was there when SE was leading ?!

Check 2000 to 2015 ...there was hardly any south Western state in top 5 ...it was imo always number one , anambra , Delta ,Edo and rivers ...go do research oga

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by helinues: 4:49pm On May 04, 2020
This thread is about SW but watch as some people are in severe pains.

Chei.. This news sweet die

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by helinues: 4:50pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

Check 2000 to 2015 ...there was hardly any south Western state in top 5 ...it was imo always number one , anambra , Delta ,Edo and rivers ...go do research oga

I get am before no be property.. grin
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by ashacot: 4:53pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

Oga I would burn my UNN certificate is u can prove we have has such rating in the last 5 years ...have u been to osun ? Have u ? No talk eating u know nothing about all this Lagos and Abuja born igbos

You guys are unbelievable and believe that we south east are the number one creature from God but it s sane you guys that will come and tell the world that we are marginalized. For your information I have been to all south west states in Nigeria n south eastern states over the last 8months. Please stop indirectly coming here to make our leaders think they are doing the right things by coming here to blame other people.

You guys should stop all these rubbish you come online to do all the time. Our leaders are not getting things right despite the huge allocation they give them. Not saying other region leaders are Barack Obama but, we should look inward at our problems before we start chasing shadows.

When all these stupidity go end about these tribal warlards abeg?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by mrvitalis(m): 4:53pm On May 04, 2020
helinues:

I get am before no be property.. grin
Your lies no fit stand no matter what u do e done cast ..we have internet today ...

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by mrvitalis(m): 4:53pm On May 04, 2020
ashacot:

You guys are unbelievable and believe that we south east are the number one creature from God but it s sane you guys that will come and tell the world that we are marginalized. For your information I have been to all south west states in Nigeria n south eastern states over the last 8months. Please stop indirectly coming here to make our leaders think they are doing the right things by coming here to blame other people.

You guys should stop all these rubbish you come online to do all the time. Our leaders are not getting things right despite the huge allocation they give them. Not saying other region leaders are Barack Obama but, we should look inward at our problems before we start chasing shadows.

When all these stupidity go end about these tribal warlards abeg?

Below is the 2004 statistic for nigerian regions ...can u see for your self ...make una relax abeg

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by helinues: 4:55pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

Your lies no fit stand no matter what u do e done cast ..we have internet today ...

Then come up with your own statistics.. SE Ipob Bureau of Statistics no dey operate again ni?

If the statistics put the SE as lowest, you guys would have been chest beating on it.

Hian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by NGpatriot: 4:55pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:
World Bank tells us 87% of poor Nigerians are in the north ...but this Yoruba man NBS is saying otherwise ....

When I tell people Yoruba hatred for igbos is deep ...during my foolish support for buhari I learnt a lot ....even the worst enermy of igbos can't accept 42% of igbos are poor ...it's absolutely impossible

We know there's poverty in Nigeria so you are not bringing anything new to the table, the topic is about high and low poverty rate, not if there's poverty or not in Nigeria so stop blabbing your usual hatred, bitterness and tribalism rubbish.

Learn how to read and comprehend, this is how you people fail WAEC.
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by helinues: 4:56pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

Below is the 2004 statistic for nigerian regions ...can u see for your self ...make una relax abeg

Wait, are you still living in past glory?

This is 2020
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by mrvitalis(m): 4:57pm On May 04, 2020
NGpatriot:

We know there's poverty in Nigeria so you are not bringing anything new to the table, the topic is about high and low poverty rate, not if there's poverty or not in Nigeria so stop blabbing your usual hatred, bitterness and tribalism rubbish.

Learn how to read and comprehend, this is how you people fail WAEC.

Smh

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by NGpatriot: 4:59pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

lmao @ made up rubbish from 16 years ago...

Na by force to be ignorant and tribalistic?
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by ashacot: 4:59pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

So you believe things can't change in 14 years like seriously? Instead of you guys to take the positives of this NBS report and use it to pressuring our leaders to adopt it as a framework to taking our region back to its enviable position, you are here saying a totally different thing.

Una go day alright las las. Like say na Brazil way be world champions for football still be world champions now.

Smh

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Aidlyfe: 5:00pm On May 04, 2020
This report reminds me of a story in one of my book days;

A rich king was scammed by some merchants, the deal was that the merchants will sew the king a robe with gold, only visible to just and moral people.

On the day of the funfare, the king wore the robe made of gold but only visible to just and moral people and everybody was commenting on how beautiful and royale the robe was and the king felt good about himself, only for one innocent child to shout “ The king is naked “.

Las las, we will all use our tongues to count our teeth.
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by mrvitalis(m): 5:03pm On May 04, 2020
ashacot:

So you believe things can't change in 14 years like seriously? Instead of you guys to take the positives of this NBS report and use it to pressuring our leaders to adopt it as a framework to taking our region back to its enviable position, you are here saying a totally different thing.

Una go day alright las las. Like say na Brazil way be world champions for football still be world champions now.

Smh
Below is 2004 to 2013 ...Oga it's impossible ...we are ready for you guys

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by mrvitalis(m): 5:04pm On May 04, 2020
NGpatriot:

lmao @ made up rubbish from 16 years ago...

Na by force to be ignorant and tribalistic?

This is 2004 to 2013

Your lies can't hold water ... absolutely no way

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by muykem: 5:05pm On May 04, 2020
amaniro:
Rubbish statistics. SE is richer than SS. It's like you've not been to the deeps of Bayelsa.
Will you keep quiet. Bayelsa is richer than any of south east states. We are talking about evenly distributed wealth and not one man in a village successfully carried concain to Malaysia.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by ashacot: 5:08pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

This is 2004 to 2013

The statistics you posted didn't tell you that south west improved on its poverty rating from second in 2004 to the best in 2013. Now from 2013-2020 is a long time now. 7years has gone by and you think things will remain the same?

Smh

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by NGpatriot: 5:09pm On May 04, 2020
[s]
mrvitalis:

This is 2004 to 2013

[/s]

This is 2020, I don't live in the past.

How old are you? 2 years old?
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Bialegend(m): 5:12pm On May 04, 2020
Lagos-Ibadan express way gutter media manufactured index. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by amaniro: 5:35pm On May 04, 2020
Golan007:

Living in a rural area doesn't make one live in extreme poverty.

How can you suggest that a man who can eat 3 quality meals a day is living in poverty?

A hunter in Ekiti who does odd jobs such as farming or bricklaying cannot be said to live in poverty.

His soup is rich in fresh vegetables you and I would pay for but he gets for free. Ditto for yams, peppers and various other foodstuff.

He gets fresh Bush meat to fill his meal and lives in a house with few mod cons but he's barely lacking.

The real problem comes when one actually lives in a semi-urban area with little work to do, and no fall back to agrarian items for nourishment.

Oga, people in the villages might not have cash (Those who aren't active farmers) but they aren't hungry.

Ekiti is in extreme poverty I know what I saw when I went there

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by mrvitalis(m): 5:36pm On May 04, 2020
ashacot:

The statistics you posted didn't tell you that south west improved on its poverty rating from second in 2004 to the best in 2013. Now from 2013-2020 is a long time now. 7years has gone by and you think things will remain the same?

Smh
and the south east reduced ? ...una no just get talk

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Golan007: 5:38pm On May 04, 2020
amaniro:

Ekiti is in extreme poverty I know what I saw when I went there

I used Ekiti as an example.

Ekiti might be the poorest in the South Westbof Nigeria, but it does far better than many other states.

Besides, I gave reasons for my points.

Modern convenience is not the yardstick for measuring poverty but access to basic food, clothing, shelter, healthcare and utilities.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by amaniro: 5:40pm On May 04, 2020
Golan007:

I used Ekiti as an example.

Ekiti might be the poorest in the South Westbof Nigeria, but it does far better than many other states.

Besides, I gave reasons for my points.

Modern convenience is not the yardstick for measuring poverty but access to basic food, clothing, shelter, healthcare and utilities.

Back to the statistics. Do you think it's accurate?
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Golan007: 5:41pm On May 04, 2020
amaniro:

Back to the statistics. Do you think it's accurate?

It captures the fundamentals adequately.

I'm talking about the stats from NBS on front page now.
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by ashacot: 5:41pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:
and the south east reduced ? ...una no just get talk

When you say una, just know I m from south east. Keep defending those stupid leaders who are found wanting in this NBS report.

I am done talking with you. Carry your tribal war for head like gala.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Melezenawii: 5:42pm On May 04, 2020
South West is the London.
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by omonnakoda: 5:42pm On May 04, 2020
SW figures come mainly from large living, mansion having Ibo billionaire developers in the region
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by mrvitalis(m): 5:44pm On May 04, 2020
ashacot:

When you say una, just know I m from south east. Keep defending those stupid leaders who are found wanting in this NBS report.

I am done talking with you. Carry your tribal war for head like gala.
SMH u go soon learn the way I did na small small

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by ashacot: 5:46pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

I will never reduce myself to playing stupid tribal war or political analysis like you do here.
I see all those una tribal political war here as the height of stupidity and foolishness
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by amaniro: 5:46pm On May 04, 2020
Golan007:

It captures the fundamentals adequately.

I'm talking about the stats from NBS on front page now.

Statistics in Nigeria are hard to believe, what are the yard stick for measurement?

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by pazienza(m): 6:01pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

He is not Igbo, don't waste your strength.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

David Mark And Dimeji Bankole Got $30m Monthly From NNPC - Wikileaks / Buhari Backs Open Grazing, Asks AGF To Recover Land For Herdsmen / Breaking;15 Killed In Fresh Ipob/ESN' Attack In 2 Lgas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.