Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,475 members, 7,854,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest (2778 Views)

Southwest Remains The Epicentre Of Poverty In Nigeria / NNANDI KANU WON The African Guardian's Man Of The Year 2019 / Why Many Nigerians Are Scared Of The Year 2019 - Dele Momodu Writes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by ashacot: 6:04pm On May 04, 2020
pazienza:

He is not Igbo, don't waste your strength.

I don't have reasons to prove I m Igbo to you lots because I m too enlightened to reduce myself to join you lots in your useless tribal war. For your information, I m from Enugu state. Udi local government precisely. I am from abor town. So get the hell out of my mention and go and carry your tribal war on your head like galla

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Zooposki(f): 6:04pm On May 04, 2020
I use to believe until this coronavirus epidemic opened my eyes. South West is the poorest region. You can’t fool me anymore. Audio riches. No wonder they want to die on top one Nigeria. We have been fooled for a really long time. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by sarrki(m): 6:04pm On May 04, 2020
helinues:

Then come up with your own statistics.. SE Ipob Bureau of Statistics no dey operate again ni?

If the statistics put the SE as lowest, you guys would have been chest beating on it.

Hian

angry grin grin grin
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by pazienza(m): 6:06pm On May 04, 2020
ashacot:

I don't have reasons to prove I m Igbo to you lots because I m too enlightened to reduce myself to join you lots in your useless tribal war. For your information, I m from Enugu state. Udi local government precisely. I am from abor town. So get the hell out of my mention and go and carry your tribal war on your head like galla

For your information, I'm from Ondo, I'm from Arigidi town in Akoko NW LGA of Ondo.
I don't reduce myself to tribal politics. Get the hell out of my mentions.
I can even speak Akoko dialect if you want.

I hope you now see how hopeless you sound.

Onye ofe ojor! grin
Igbo my foot .

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by ashacot: 6:10pm On May 04, 2020
pazienza:

For your information, I'm from Ondo, I'm from Arigidi town in Akoko NW LGA of Ondo.
I don't reduce myself to tribal politics. Get the hell out of my mentions.
I can even speak Akoko dialect if you want.

I hope you now see how hopeless you sound.

Onye ofe ojor! grin
Igbo my foot .

Nigeria has no future with this kind of people honestly. Seun you have to do something to reduce the spate of tribalism on this forum. This forum is now the headquarter of tribal war. You have to do something honestly.

Chai!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by pazienza(m): 6:11pm On May 04, 2020
ashacot:

Nigeria has no future with this kind of people honestly. Seun you have to do something to reduce the spate of tribalism on this forum. This forum is now the headquarter of tribal war. You have to do something honestly.

Chai!

See this guy man.
Stop playing dumb with me.
Go log into your main Yoruba handle and continue your trademark.

Nah today you know say Nigeria no get future. �

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by IGBOSON1: 6:12pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:
Lol anyone who has been to South West outside Lagos , south east n south south would know this is absolutely bullshit ....

Make una continue ...when we go back to regional government or saparate then we go know the truth

The data used in arriving at their conclusion is cooked! The danger in believing all these lies concocted just to have bragging rights and ‘win’ over the ‘pesky okoros’ is that you’d think you’re doing ok and take your feet off the pedal! Looking at some of the responses on this and similar threads you’d be forgiven for thinking the Yoruba have attained Uhuru since their brother Yemi Kale says they’re ‘richer than the ‘okoros’!

I just wish all this confidence and negative attitude towards Igbos by some can translate to either a complete restructuring of the political-economy of Nigeria, or outright dissolution....let everyone answer their papa name and then we can compete healthily on a level playing field and compare efforts!

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by ashacot: 6:14pm On May 04, 2020
pazienza:

See this guy man.
Stop playing dumb with me.
Go log into your main Yoruba handle and continue your trademark.

Nah today you know say Nigeria no get future. �
Smh... Stay away from tribalism young man.
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by omonnakoda: 6:19pm On May 04, 2020
IGBOSON1:

The data used in arriving at their conclusion is cooked! The danger in believing all these lies concocted just to have bragging rights and ‘win’ over the ‘pesky okoros’ is that you’d think you’re doing ok and take your feet off the pedal! Looking at some of the responses on this and similar threads you’d be forgiven for thinking the Yoruba have attained Uhuru since their brother Yemi Kale says they’re ‘richer than the ‘okoros’!

I just wish all this confidence and negative attitude towards Igbos by some can translate to either a complete restructuring of the political-economy of Nigeria, or outright dissolution....let everyone answer their papa name and then we can compete healthily on a level playing field and compare efforts!
Always playing victim are pesky okoros the only ones mentioned?
Reality is the SE region is quite barren and that is why it's people flee in droves to Yorubaland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by OduduwaYoruba: 6:32pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

Oga u are only a host when u dash someone land ...igbos paid above market price for all the land we own ...no one has ever dashed us land ...no one ...they are your neighbor not tenants
You are wrong, how come a plot of land in the bush in South East costs as far as 15 million naira, but when your kindred come, you only take a bottle of Schnapps for the same land. You people are not accommodating but are just using presence. I am sorry for you people thinking you are wise. I reserve my other comments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by pazienza(m): 6:36pm On May 04, 2020
ashacot:
Smh... Stay away from tribalism young man.

Stop living in delusions, Yoruba man.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Maduawuchukwu(m): 6:39pm On May 04, 2020
omonnakoda:

Always playing victim are pesky okoros the only ones mentioned?
Reality is the SE region is quite barren and that is why it's people flee in droves to Yorubaland

Bro, if you have been to the East you will not believe the figure bandied about by Yemi Kale. It just does not add up. Forget that I am Igbo. If my people have a failing I will say it loud and clear. How can Enugu be as poor as Kebbi? The same Kebbi World Bank said had 8p something % poverty rate just few years ago?

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by omonnakoda: 6:44pm On May 04, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

Bro, if you have been to the East you will not believe the figure bandied about by Yemi Kale. It just does not add up. Forget that I am Igbo. If my people have a failing I will say it loud and clear. How can Enugu be as poor as Kebbi? The same Kebbi World Bank said had 8p something % poverty rate just few years ago?
I have been to the East. The rural communities are very poor like much of the rest of Nigeria. Spare me the hubris

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Golan007: 6:45pm On May 04, 2020
amaniro:

Statistics in Nigeria are hard to believe, what are the yard stick for measurement?

You can conduct yours and have an Amaniro Report which we may all refer to .
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Golan007: 6:47pm On May 04, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

Guy, Umulokpa is in Enugu state - Nsukka area, the poverty there no be today.
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:13pm On May 04, 2020
Golan007:

Guy, Umulokpa is in Enugu state - Nsukka area, the poverty there no be today.

Yeah. We are not talking of just one village or town. We are talking of the whole state. That statistics is purely false. This is the first time I have seen people heavily questioning NBS statistics at a very high rate.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Golan007: 7:15pm On May 04, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

Yeah. We are not talking of just one village or town. We are talking of the whole state. That statistics is purely false. This is the first time I have seen people heavily questioning NBS statistics at a very high rate.

I only gave an example.

Many such places exist, for example in Ebonyi state.

I've been to communities that suffered Guinea Guinea worn disease in Ebonyi.
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:16pm On May 04, 2020
[quote author=omonnakoda post=89185413] I have been to the East. The rural communities are very poor like much of the rest of Nigeria. Spare me the hubris

Igbo rural areas are better than the average Nigerian rural area by miles. So many of the amenities people in rural igboland take for granted are not available in many other parts of rural Nigeria. If you want to confirm this just visit the rural areas of Kogi and Enugu states which border each other and compare.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:36pm On May 04, 2020
Golan007:

I only gave an example.

Many such places exist, for example in Ebonyi state.

I've been to communities that suffered Guinea Guinea worn disease in Ebonyi.

Similar communities exist all over Nigeria. Some states have it worse sef. But to say the East experiences it harder than others is clearly false.
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Amumaigwe: 7:40pm On May 04, 2020
sarrki:

��POVERTY BY ZONE, 2019
(Average)

North East: 71.86%
~72/100 are poor.

North West: 64.84%
~65/100 are poor.

North Central: 42.70%
~43 in 100 are poor.

South East: 42.44%
~42/100 are poor.

South South: 20.17%
~21/100 are poor

South West: 12.12%
~12/100 are poor

Lalasticlala

Since the coming of the social media, Lagos/Ibadan junk media has been unable to prosper. Lol

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Tranquillity360: 7:44pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:
World Bank tells us 87% of poor Nigerians are in the north ...but this Yoruba man NBS is saying otherwise ....

When I tell people Yoruba hatred for igbos is deep ...during my foolish support for buhari I learnt a lot ....even the worst enermy of igbos can't accept 42% of igbos are poor ...it's absolutely impossible
If yorubas know what to do just to wipe out the whole Igbos,they would have done it since.
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Tranquillity360: 7:46pm On May 04, 2020
JAMO84:
Blessed is the hand that giveth.

They troop to our land, get rich, instead of them to thank God and thank us for not being a hostile host, they'd rather insult and claim to be more prosperous than we their landlords.

How can the perpetual guests, some of them who are originally economic migrants, claim to be richer than the hosts. It's absolutely illogical.

I AM DONE TALKING
Mr yoruba muslim you are not hosting anyone.

We are one nigeriagrin

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by mrvitalis(m): 7:47pm On May 04, 2020
Tranquillity360:
If yorubas know what to do just to wipe out the whole Igbos,they would have done it since.
The hate us too much

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by rdokoye: 8:20pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:
Lol anyone who has been to South West outside Lagos , south east n south south would know this is absolutely bullshit ....

Make una continue ...when we go back to regional government or saparate then we go know the truth

This is all about the Biafra movement gaining a lot of traction. It's obviously a ploy to dissuade Igbo people from wanting to leave Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by rdokoye: 8:25pm On May 04, 2020
sarrki:

��POVERTY BY ZONE, 2019
(Average)

North East: 71.86%
~72/100 are poor.

North West: 64.84%
~65/100 are poor.

North Central: 42.70%
~43 in 100 are poor.

South East: 42.44%
~42/100 are poor.

South South: 20.17%
~21/100 are poor

South West: 12.12%
~12/100 are poor

Lalasticlala

So this place has only a 12% poverty rate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4SyeBLN-Tg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUYY2Ur8z0

That level of blatant corruption can only work on Africans. In the Western World, they see it as laughable. In fact, when non-Africans talk about development in Nigeria, they acknowledge Igboland as the only region where actual development takes place. That's why Enugu was recognised as one of the worlds most resilient cities.

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Misterdhee1(m): 8:30pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

Oga is this state looks well to you then you are not normal

A Yoruba man heads the agency ...and ad usual igbos are targeted ...it's normal

Yoruba man become heads of jamb and south east lose its place as top region in jamb ..for the first time in over 20 years ...bro the facts are there
The hatred is real
Who was heading Jamb in all those 20 years? grin You guys should be taking to the lab for studies on low esteem.
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by mrvitalis(m): 8:36pm On May 04, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Who was heading Jamb in all those 20 years? grin You guys should be taking to the lab for studies on low esteem.
You want to argue that too the stats are everywhere ooh

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Misterdhee1(m): 8:42pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

You want to argue that too the stats are everywhere ooh
Sorry bro, you're nothing but a dunce. You claimed a yoruba student topped Jamb after 20 years because the body is headed by yoruba man. You foolishly failed to note that Jamb has mostly had yorubas in charge from 1999 till death, when your so called igbo people were leading in the exams.
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by strafist911: 8:47pm On May 04, 2020
[quote author=amaniro post=89180016]Rubbish statistics. SE is richer than SS. It's like you've not been to the deeps of Bayelsa. [/quite]

Then why can't y'all stay in your states filled with "milk & honey" & develop it? You Igbos are all over the deeps of Bayelsa looking for money. #NANSENSE.
Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by mrvitalis(m): 8:48pm On May 04, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Sorry bro, you're nothing but a dunce. You claimed a yoruba student topped Jamb after 20 years because the body is headed by yoruba man. You foolishly failed to note that Jamb has mostly had yorubas in charge from 1999 till death, when your so called igbo people were leading in the exams.
This is how u people change story ...I said igbos have always had highest number of people writing jamb since 1999 untill last year ...even tho imo remained on top osun ,ogun n Oyo appeared from no where

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate By Zone Year 2019 Southwest Remains The Lowest by Benevento(m): 9:00pm On May 04, 2020
OduduwaYoruba:

You are wrong, how come a plot of land in the bush in South East costs as far as 15 million naira, but when your kindred come, you only take a bottle of Schnapps for the same land. You people are not accommodating but are just using presence. I am sorry for you people thinking you are wise. I reserve my other comments.

A plot of land in Barren land cost 15million.

weyrey re o. wetin Ngozi no go hear for Allen avenue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Real Reason The Buhari Cabal Picked Gambari As COS - Farooq / Efcc Has Allegedly Seal Off Ex Gov Ambode's Mansion In Vi (video) / Nnamdi Kanu Was Offered The World To To End Biafra Agitation; He Refused- FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.