Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,780 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month (31629 Views)

Germany's Bundesliga To Resume This Month, Says Angela Merkel / Breaking News: Bundesliga To Resume On 15th May! / PHOTOS: Fans Turn Out For The Bundesliga Trophy In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by ogbiwa: 7:33am On May 07, 2020
The German Bundesliga season can resume this month, Chancellor Angela Merkel has confirmed.

It will become the first major league in Europe to return to competition, with a date for resumption to be confirmed by the German Football League (DFL) on Thursday.

All matches will be played behind closed doors.

With nine games remaining, Bayern Munich are top of the table, four points above Borussia Dortmund.

Bayern chairman Karl Heinz Rummenigge said: "I would like to thank the politicians for giving today's decision [and for] the opportunity to finish the Bundesliga season.

"We are now looking forward to resuming play, ideally from mid-May. This ensures that the sporting decisions are made on the pitch.

"I appeal to everyone involved to follow the requirements, which are the basis for resuming games, in an exemplary and extremely disciplined manner."

Christian Seifert, chief executive of the DFL, added: "Today's decision is good news for the Bundesliga and the Bundesliga 2.

"It is associated with a great responsibility for the clubs and their employees to implement the medical and organisational requirements in a disciplined manner.

"Games without spectators are not an ideal solution for anyone. In a crisis threatening the very existence of some clubs, however, it is the only way to keep the leagues in their current form."

The announcement comes a day after clubs in the top two German divisions returned 10 positive results from 1,724 coronavirus tests.

The DFL had warned that many top-division teams would be in an "existence-threatening" financial position if play did not resume by June.

Players returned to training last month, with the DFL initially saying the league would be ready to return on 9 May.

Germany has banned large events with crowds until 24 October, so games will be behind closed doors, but the DFL has developed a health and safety plan that would see only about 300 people or near the pitch during matches, to minimise the risk of infection.

According to official figures, just under 7,000 people have died in Germany from coronavirus, a much lower figure than in other western European countries including the UK, Italy, France and Spain.

It was also announced on Wednesday that the Turkish Super Lig will resume on 12 June with the aim being to complete the season by the end of July.

The country's football federation chairman Nihat Ozdemir said Turkey intended to host the Champions League final in Istanbul in August as planned.

The Croatian top-flight is also poised to resume - without spectators - with cup ties to take place on 30 May, followed by league action on 6 June, pending government approval.

Spain's La Liga has announced plans for a June return and president Javier Tebas said the league was "pleased" with the Bundesliga's decision.

"This is good news for European football and for the return to the new normal after this crisis," he added.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52557699

14 Likes

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by logon599: 7:34am On May 07, 2020
Good decision. The world needs any form of entertainment right now to help in the recovery process and it's good to see the Germans taking the lead.

Should you have an upcoming building project, contact me for the complete building plans all at lower prices considering post covid situation. See correspondence in my signature below or simply chat/call 0816 124 7898 to get started or see samples. Thank you

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Davash222(m): 7:36am On May 07, 2020
I've missed football.. They should start please.
Even if it's Wycombe vs Manure, I'll watch.

219 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by mauryndee: 7:44am On May 07, 2020
POSITION FOR CLIENTS RELATIONS EXECUTIVES IN A REAL ESTATE FIRM IN LAGOS ( 4 SLOTS)

We are positioning to be one of the renowned real estate marketing and management firm in Nigeria. We are a Limited Liability company registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission with core competence in Real Estate marketing and management as well as ICT Solutions and will be expanding into Project Management, Facility Management, Property Management, Commercial Retail Hubs and Real Estate Leasing activities in near future. Our Website will be launching soon!

JOB BRIEF

We are looking for competitive and trustworthy Clients Relations Executives that would work with us to build up our business activities. You will provide prospective clients with details of properties that fit their requirements in terms of price, size and location for sale, lease or rent and arrange visits to view the properties. Your goal will be - to meet and surpass the company’s expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth and is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their career in real estate.

JOB KEY FACTOR

You dont need to be a graduate to apply! HAVING PASSION FOR OR WITH GOOD KNOWLEDGE AND REAL TIME EXPERIENCE IN REAL ESTATE IS THE MAJOR CRITERIA TO BE SHORTLISTED!

NOTE THIS, We have massive numbers of clients already (and with more clients incoming and inbound on a daily basis) which therefore makes your the work operations already easy for you! And so you dont HAVE NEED to do any hard sales or cold calling to source for clients. You mission while working other Operation Executives would be with a major goal - SATISFY OUR CLIENTELE BASE!

WORK BENEFITS

Attractive monthly remuneration along with with daily/weekly commission

AREAS IN LAGOS TO COVER

To apply, you MUST reside in following areas of Lagos state which means you would better understand your locality better than non-residents. Please dont bother applying if you are not a resident of these mentioned areas. However, we will cover other areas of Lagos and cities soon

Area 1) - OGBA or FAGBA
Area 2) - Alapere, Ogudu, Ketu, Gbagada, Ifako
Area 3) - Egbeda, Akowonjo, Iyana Ipaja, Shagari/Gowon Estates
Area 4) - Yaba, Sabo, Alagomeji, Ebute Metta, Jibowu, Onipanu

HOW TO APPLY

Send your detailed briefed to thefinixnig@gmail.com. Include your whatsapp number. You will be contacted immediately. 09068786533

ONLY THOSE WITH REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING WOULD BE SHORTLIST AND SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WOULD COMMENCE WORK IMMEDIATELY!

REMUNERATION
Attractive pay benefits along with daily/weekly commissions

Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and successful candidates commence work immediately!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Roon9(m): 7:44am On May 07, 2020
Even if its Eintracht Braunschweig vs Herta Berlin I would watch eh grin

Tbh we really underrated what football does to mans mental health

179 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by BOOOMNAIJA: 7:44am On May 07, 2020
Dear COVID-19

It’s been over a month since you restricted all our activities, not minding what we all had in place prior to your outbreak. Initially i thought it was just a temporal stay, but days turned weeks, weeks turned months and we’re still waiting in uncertainty.

To say I’m not agitated on how things have turned out is laughable. I wish you never existed, at least not in my generation. What do you stand to benefit in The DEATHS, Those shocked businesses and business trips you’ve halted, those you’ve relieved off their jobs, the hunger and hardship you’ve brought, those exams you stopped not minding how well we’ve prepared for them.

But then I ask, will praying or lamenting bring a solution to this pandemic? “Tongue-tied” But I will keep praying for our front-liners.

Guns can kill but same guns can protect. Arrows can kill but can be used for hunting. Dear COVID-19, I ask again, among your numerous maladies, what advantage have you provided ? You’ve done enough, why not leave and allow us use the rest of the year in healing mentally, emotionally and physically? Living right now is scary. Dear Hunger you know we’ve come a long way, why not spare us for now while we focus on combating this stranger called COVID-19?

Where are the vaccines ? Oh Humanity! See what you’ve been reduced to. But there’s HOPE, whether sooner or later, Humanity will win the fight against this Virus

—————————————————-
Indeed when all these are over, I will appreciate life more and be down to earth. Because it’s obvious God is the giver of life and everyone is equal whether rich or poor. Caucasian or Negroid

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by tolexy007(m): 7:44am On May 07, 2020
ok.....But epl must b cancelled, restart in August. From a Chelsea fan.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by TissuePaper: 7:44am On May 07, 2020
Davash222:
I've missed football.. They should start please.
Even if it's Wycombe vs Manure, I'll watch.
hahahaha same here mate

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Nicklaus619(m): 7:44am On May 07, 2020
Finally oooo it's about to go down grin

Very sweet, nothing is as sweet as watching soccer games every weekend grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Joshmodest(m): 7:45am On May 07, 2020
Those saying it's too early for football to resume , should know that we probably ain't getting that vaccine this year , it's apparently going to take at least one year like bill gates said in his last Interview. So whether we like it or not at some point we just have to deal with the presence of covid 19 in our planet !
Pls let football resume in organized clines who can manage it ...and let it remain closed in Nigeria , who cant even test 50 people a day let alone test footballers !!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by rawtouch: 7:45am On May 07, 2020
cheesy cool
Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by funmike83(f): 7:45am On May 07, 2020
Welcome back . Not football fan though
Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Houseofglam7(f): 7:45am On May 07, 2020
cool
Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Coldie(m): 7:45am On May 07, 2020
Mean while Rivers state is doing TOTAL indefinite lockdown till further notice. A state that has only recorded 2 cases.

LoL

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Dpharisee: 7:45am On May 07, 2020
This is good news for punters, we have been playing that useless Zoom and Simulated Reality League. I need to recover what Bet9ja and others has taken from me smiley

6 Likes

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Nobody: 7:45am On May 07, 2020
grin.... Angela Merkel has finally Arrested the coronavirus seeds grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by kendrick93(m): 7:45am On May 07, 2020
Thank God oh...
This is good news

1 Like

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by kingthreat(m): 7:45am On May 07, 2020
If thou art a BETTOR say "aye"
Belarus league has been playing all these while. Nothing happen. God bless Angela Merkel. The only woman I want for a sugar mummy grin grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:46am On May 07, 2020
Nice one. Can't wait for football to be back. Meanwhile sub your Dstv and gotv cheaply from home and contact us for any issues.
Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by lichocho(m): 7:46am On May 07, 2020
Chai we can’t wait oooooo....
Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Mosminic(m): 7:46am On May 07, 2020
Anarchy01:
Will there be fans within?
Read again

6 Likes

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Slawormir: 7:46am On May 07, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Perfect

Life without soccer nor be life at all

9 Likes

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Nobody: 7:46am On May 07, 2020
Buhari order for the Madagascar herb, it is really working when used under prescription...
is it by chance or luck we haven't record any death in Madagascar? With over 200 cases?
Mind you, it's not only W.H.O who have expert as medical scientist, every country have theirs.. everybody are experienced in their own field...
W.H.O won't claim responsibility of the rate of death toll before the arrival of vaccine, why can't everyone look for a "life-saving" alternatives?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by valves: 7:46am On May 07, 2020
Our football is coming back.

Yes!
Yes!!
Yes!!!

English and Spanish leagues to follow suit...

For a while now, Corona has taken almost all our fun.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Finnese001: 7:46am On May 07, 2020
THE END OF THE SCAMDEMIC

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Racoon(m): 7:46am On May 07, 2020
Well Germany is one nation that have had excellent mastery over the surge of the raging Coronavirus pandemic but nevertheless, the Chancellor should be cautious in taking this decision with the FA.

3 Likes

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Lumig: 7:46am On May 07, 2020
It takes a football fan to take such decision. Thank you Angela Merkel.
At least we'll watch football, even if it is without fans in the stadia cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Dshocker(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2020
Praise The Lord
Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by Sheriffhusmern7: 7:47am On May 07, 2020
Now, The lockdown is taking longer than expected all over the world
The best thing to do is to take advantage of the pandemic by learning how to make money.
As far as am concerned, Youtube is one of the most trusted and reliable way to make money.

I am an experienced Youtuber that make my living through YouTube channel.

I am willing to teach anyone who is interested in Growing a YouTube channel or making money from youtube

NOTE: There is a little price attached.

Kindly call or Whatsapp this number (070....8481....9076
Thanks
Re: Angela Merkel Authorizes The Bundesliga To Resume This Month by ogbiwa: 7:47am On May 07, 2020
It's obvious guys have missed football and from the comments, I see the relief this kind of news is bringing. I'm happy to be part of those bringing good news in times like this in my own small way, and thank you Lalasticlala and Mynd44 for partnering by pushing to FP to help bring delight to dear Nairalanders.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NFF Did Not Pay Me N20Million, Oliseh Releases Bank Statement [DOCUMENTS] / Taribo West Slams Pinnick Over ‘mushroom Clubs’ Comment / Pls What Is The State Of Origin Of Chelsea Victor Moses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.