Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,530 members, 7,861,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:04 PM

See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens (6679 Views)

How Tinubu Govt Gave Up On Kano And Allow NNPP To Win Guber Election At Supreme / See Palliatives Rivers Govt Gave To Their Aged People / Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Kobojunkie: 11:01pm On May 07, 2020
mrvitalis:

People think the money n foodstuffs are free ....but that's less than 20% of the tax they pay

Most of us don't pay tax so we should not expect shit

Well, as long as you don't have to pay the IRS back for the food and the money, I would say that to the average American, it is free.
Now why were we given the money to begin with? So we spend it and help generate tax revenue which feeds the system in return. So technically, again, I say it is a win-win for all grin

When you say most of us don't pay tax, are you speaking of here in the U.S??

3 Likes

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On May 07, 2020
raumdeuter:

Is this a private organization or the US govt?
Nigeria has not stopped private organizations from delivering these regular food pantries

From my understanding, a network of private organizations working with the USDA to help end hunger in america. It differs from the Nigerian situation in some many ways. One being that the USDA supports the food banks on a regular basis by sourcing food from all corners of the country. Another being that this network of food banks provide food on a regular basis to millions of americans across the nation. This is not simply a response to theh current crisis-- it is instead a regular service available all year round to communities across america.

2 Likes

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Denique(f): 11:46pm On May 07, 2020
fykes:
After one idiot will say let's stay back and build "our "country...
Ode... Awon brick layers.

Wonder whether Na the same God create Americans and Nigerians

Dangote Cement is kuku N2,650 undecided

3 Likes

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Nobody: 1:03am On May 08, 2020
fykes:
After one idiot will say let's stay back and build "our "country...
Ode... Awon brick layers.
Wonder whether Na the same God create Americans and Nigerians
GUY CALM DOWN.
NIGERIA will fine soonest, especially now Looted funds are returned en masse grin grin
FOOD has never been a problem in the US.
Any day FOOD becomes a problem in the US, 85% of its citizens will relocate immediately.
Almost Every Household in the US entertains such BUSY REFRIGERATORS..

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Kobojunkie: 2:24am On May 08, 2020
longetivity:
buhari is giving nigerians two times of this starting from next week
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
ROFLMAO!
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by DaddyRochie1642: 2:29am On May 08, 2020
I'll Personally Finish those Things In Two Days Maximum ... those things I see there are all light for the stomach cool
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Dtribeless: 2:41am On May 08, 2020
raumdeuter:

So where does these benefits come from? Is it not from taxes

Correct, but not on an individual basis. The real tax payers get no benefits. Benefits are income/poverty level based, so someone with low income is likely to pay less taxes and also get more benefits.

1 Like

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by FEGNO: 4:05am On May 08, 2020
The U.S Govt is not giving food to anyone. However, there are several not for profit bodies giving food. Yes, it is true all the schools are still feeding their respective students. All you have to do is go and get it. My kid's school do theirs between 11am up till 12.30pm everyday. Sometimes when you do not go for about 2 days in a row the schools starts calling and pleading almost that you come gey the meals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Roland17(m): 4:10am On May 08, 2020
Mynd44:
The packing from where the food items were bought is literally right there.

Hate your country but why lie?

RadioShack don’t sell groceries, if that is the store you are referencing. They are an electronic retail store and I am not sure they are still in business.

Also, for the records, you can absolutely get that amount and even more from a local pantry..

2 Likes

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Kobojunkie: 4:17am On May 08, 2020
FEGNO:
The U.S Govt is not giving food to anyone. However, there are several not for profit bodies giving food. Yes, it is true all the schools are still feeding their respective students. All you have to do is go and get it. My kid's school do theirs between 11am up till 12.30pm everyday. Sometimes when you do not go for about 2 days in a row the schools starts calling and pleading almost that you come gey the meals.
Because they are afraid your kids maybe starving.... grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by LegendHero(m): 4:17am On May 08, 2020
Roland17:

RadioShack don’t sell groceries, if that is the store you are referencing. They are an electronic retail store and I am not sure they are still in business.

Also, for the records, you can absolutely get that amount and even more from a local pantry..

I suspect a food pantry too.
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by surgical: 4:18am On May 08, 2020
Dtribeless:

Stop making yourself needlessly happy/sad -- people that don't pay NET zero taxes got a check. In fact, it's people that pay a lot of the taxes that got nothing.
The guy is in pains,because it exposes the government he supports as a failure.

2 Likes

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Lordave: 5:09am On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

People think the money n foodstuffs are free ....but that's less than 20% of the tax they pay

Most of us don't pay tax so we should not expect shit
How many of the politicians pay basic tax, yet they’ve all shared money for palliatives to themselves.

These same people have lived on various unnecessary allowances for many years since they went into politics and yet they can’t provide 1/8 of the nation with quality and quantity palliatives for just a month of lockdown.

Don’t say most of us don’t pay tax, there are millions of middle class income earners who have been paying their taxes for years, what palliatives were given to them by your miserable government?

With the above comment of yours, I assume you’re a government official living large on many allowances and bloated salaries, but if you’re just a random man and happy with the conditions of Nigerians in this lockdown, considering your comments here, sir, I’m sorry but you’re irredeemable.

3 Likes

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Kobojunkie: 5:28am On May 08, 2020
FEGNO:
The FoodBanks are backed by the USDA food and Nutrition Service -The Emergency Food Assistance Program distributes about half a billion dollars in USDA Foods each year through food banks across the country.
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by fykes(m): 6:20am On May 08, 2020
Denique:

Dangote Cement is kuku N2,650 undecided
Lol... No hope abi

1 Like

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by fykes(m): 6:24am On May 08, 2020
Lordave:
How many of the politicians pay basic tax, yet they’ve all shared money for palliatives to themselves.

These same people have lived on various unnecessary allowances for many years since they went into politics and yet they can’t provide 1/8 of the nation with quality and quantity palliatives for just a month of lockdown.

Don’t say most of us don’t pay tax, there are millions of middle class income earners who have been paying their taxes for years, what palliatives were given to them by your miserable government?

With the above comment of yours, I assume you’re a government official living large on many allowances and bloated salaries, but if you’re just a random man and happy with the conditions of Nigerians in this lockdown, considering your comments here, sir, I’m sorry but you’re irredeemable.

Bros don't get too emotional.
The person u quoted is not any government official... He may well be more hungry than u can ever be but his ignorance is defending the Hunger for him. U see people like that will often find reasons toexplain and accept their situations rather than make moves to change it.
They are wired that way... Especially when they have a basic education.

5 Likes

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Lordave: 6:32am On May 08, 2020
fykes:

Bros don't get too emotional.
The person u quoted is not any government official... He may well be more hungry than u can ever be but his ignorance is defending the Hunger for him. U see people like that will often find reasons toexplain and accept their situations rather than make moves to change it.
They are wired that way... Especially when they have a basic education.
I was emotional, but I was actually been emotional for him.

I thought, “only a corrupt government official feeding fat from taxpayers money could make such a moronic comment”.

Seems he’s exactly what we term Buhari followers here.

3 Likes

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Oloun(f): 7:20am On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Ask her what's her tax per month
Nigerians and ignorance, what's VAT that's added to almost all products in Nigeria? Suffering and smiling!

6 Likes

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Oloun(f): 7:24am On May 08, 2020
raumdeuter:

Ask her how much the uncle paid in taxes

And which state in US is this cos its likely a lie
fool don't you know you're indirectly paying (many people pays both direct and indirect) your tax in Nigeria (VAT) even more than Americans without any chance of tax fraud.

1 Like

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by RTSC: 7:28am On May 08, 2020
raumdeuter:

In America, the govt takes care of people from the taxes the people paid
I pay both direct and indirect tax in Nigeria.

What has the govt done for me?

7 Likes

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Denique(f): 7:44am On May 08, 2020
fykes:

Lol... No hope abi

Who hopes on hopeless country
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by FEGNO: 8:57am On May 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Because they are afraid your kids maybe starving.... grin cheesy grin cheesy

No but in a system that works where no teacher or principal is stealing the food they want the food to achieve the purpose for which it was provided. Perhaps you do not know that schools in America provide breakfast and lunch till 12th grade. It is this same food they are now giving since students are at home

1 Like

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by giftedben: 9:23am On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Ask her what's her tax per month

You guys should stop with this foolish assumption that Nigerians dont pay tax unless you don't pay. You pay more than enough for electricity which you do not consume. What about transporters that pays for tickets before they can start work for the day. Your tax is automatically deducted from your salary if you are a civil servant. If you are sending or receiving money, taxes are automatically deducted every end of the month. The same thing is applicable to recharging your phone lines..... If I go on and on the list is much.

The only difference between a US citizen and A Nigerian citizen that pays tax is that the US citizens actually see were their taxes are going and what it is used for, but for a Nigerian citizen you don't even know what your monies are used for or were it is going and that is why you have this foolish assumption that Nigerians do not pay tax.

3 Likes

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Nobody: 9:32am On May 08, 2020
after seeing this, some Nigerians will b like, this one na food??
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Nobody: 11:30am On May 08, 2020
raumdeuter:

It comes from donations.
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Dtribeless: 1:50pm On May 08, 2020
raumdeuter:

Yes, taxes of those who have aplenty. It's not individual. You don't get YOUR taxes back.
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Izigha(m): 2:11pm On May 08, 2020
The US government dnt food to its citizens, instead people on welfare have card they use to buy food at the supermarkets. It's only food banks that gives food. The unlce should be ashamed that he can't buy the cheapest thing in the US which is food. most Nigerians I know gives food to the food banks.
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On May 08, 2020
RTSC:

I pay both direct and indirect tax in Nigeria.

What has the govt done for me?
You do that but what proportion of the entire population pays taxes?
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On May 08, 2020
giftedben:

The only difference between a US citizen and A Nigerian citizen that pays tax is that the US citizens actually see were their taxes are going and what it is used for, but for a Nigerian citizen you don't even know what your monies are used for or were it is going and that is why you have this foolish assumption that Nigerians do not pay tax.
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On May 08, 2020
Izigha:
The US government dnt food to its citizens, instead people on welfare have card they use to buy food at the supermarkets. It's only food banks that gives food. The unlce should be ashamed that he can't buy the cheapest thing in the US which is food. most Nigerians I know gives food to the food banks.

The US government through the USDA does in fact fund foodbanks across the nation, IN ADDITION, to the food stamp system. According to the USDA website, that is at least $500,000,000 goes to providing food to food banks each year.
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by tatatar: 6:43pm On May 08, 2020
giftedben:
[s]

You guys should stop with this foolish assumption that Nigerians dont pay tax unless you don't pay. You pay more than enough for electricity which you do not consume. What about transporters that pays for tickets before they can start work for the day. Your tax is automatically deducted from your salary if you are a civil servant. If you are sending or receiving money, taxes are automatically deducted every end of the month. The same thing is applicable to recharging your phone lines..... If I go on and on the list is much.

The only difference between a US citizen and A Nigerian citizen that pays tax is that the US citizens actually see were their taxes are going and what it is used for, but for a Nigerian citizen you don't even know what your monies are used for or were it is going and that is why you have this foolish assumption that Nigerians do not pay tax.[/s]
Go and compare the percentage of government revenues from taxation and also the tax to GDP ratio between two countries.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Blue Line: LAMATA Charges Lagosians To Protect Infrastructure / GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women / NNPC GMD Slot Not Enough For Igbo — Ezeife..........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.