Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,526 members, 7,861,526 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:53 PM

See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens (6678 Views)

How Tinubu Govt Gave Up On Kano And Allow NNPP To Win Guber Election At Supreme / See Palliatives Rivers Govt Gave To Their Aged People / Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On May 08, 2020
tatatar:

Go and compare the percentage of government revenues from taxation and also the tax to GDP ratio between two countries.

According to the FIRS, The total revenue of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) for the 2019 fiscal year fell below target, as a total of N5 trillion was generated. Compare that to the IRS(US) $3.46 trillion tax renevue for the 2019 fiscal year, and it does seem that a substantial amount is generated even in Nigeria.

https://businessday.ng/business-economy/article/firs-2019-revenue-n3-7-trn-below-target/

1 Like

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by RTSC: 7:06pm On May 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:

You do that but what proportion of the entire population pays taxes?
Millions pay tax. According to govt, personal income tax is at 7-24% of our current population.

As long as you earn a Nigerian salary, most of us can't escape direct taxes.

Yes, millions more don't pay, but the FG has not done anything for the millions that pay.
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On May 08, 2020
RTSC:

Millions pay tax. According to govt, personal income tax is at 7-24% of our current population.
As long as you earn a Nigerian salary, most of us can't escape direct taxes.
Yes, millions more don't pay, but the FG has not done anything for the millions that pay.
What are the people doing about that though?
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by yesloaded: 7:27am On May 09, 2020
Oloun:
Nigerians and ignorance, what's VAT that's added to almost all products in Nigeria? Suffering and smiling!
mrvitalis is a very small boy who knows little to nothing about tax. If only he knows that he pays tax on everything he uses including data on his phone to make such post then he will realise his mistake. 7.5% VAT on everything, 50naira stamp duty charge on every 10k and above credit on your bank account. Only April, I paid over 40k naira as stamp duty charges only but government didn't give me common disposable face mask as palliative grin

3 Likes

Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Kobojunkie: 5:58pm On May 09, 2020
yesloaded:

mrvitalis is a very small boy who knows little to nothing about tax. If only he knows that he pays tax on everything he uses including data on his phone to make such post then he will realise his mistake. 7.5% VAT on everything, 50naira stamp duty charge on every 10k and above credit on your bank account. Only April, I paid over 40k naira as stamp duty charges only but government didn't give me common disposable face mask as palliative grin
He is obviously not the only one who knows little to nothing about tax revenue in Nigeria. If enough NIgerians have been aware of this, why only demand palliatives simply because foreign governments are giving it to their own people?
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by Oloun(f): 12:38am On May 12, 2020
yesloaded:

lol I weep for my people because most are blinded by ignorance
Re: See Amount Of Food Items US Govt Gave Its Citizens by mekuso89(m): 10:53pm On May 20, 2020
yesloaded:

chai this thing dey sad vex ooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LG Polls: Lagos May Transmit Election Results Electronically – LASIEC / INEC Announces Date For Collection Of PVCs In Anambra State / Unemployed Nigerian Pilots Protest Influx Of Expatriate Pilots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.