Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,201 members, 7,853,100 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:09 AM

Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction (38546 Views)

Rivers: Court Nullifies Tenure Extension For Pro-Wike LG Chairmen / Names Of Supreme Court Justices That Quashed Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction / Court Nullifies APC Primaries In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by vegafbs: 11:45am On May 08, 2020
The Supreme Court, on Friday, quashed the judgement that convicted and sentenced the former governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor-Kalu, to 12 years imprisonment.

SOURCE: https://theupdates.net/breaking-supreme-court-quashes-orji-kalus-12-year-jail-term/

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by RTSC: 11:45am On May 08, 2020
He was freed on a technicality.
He was not freed on the basis of his innocence.
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Nobody: 11:45am On May 08, 2020
nigeria my country cheesy
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Awesomefred32(m): 11:45am On May 08, 2020
grin
This is Nigeria in Falz voice
dont forget to check my signature
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by maestroferddi: 11:46am On May 08, 2020
Buharistan

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by RexTramadol1: 11:47am On May 08, 2020
So many people did not even bother to read before commenting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by gaby(m): 11:47am On May 08, 2020
F
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Doyou2019: 11:47am On May 08, 2020
fraymite:
If you understand this judgements correctly, it means that the case will have to restart again. Because the first judge lacks the power to sit on the case. Circular motion indeed.

Exactly.

Nigerians don't just read.
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by RTSC: 11:47am On May 08, 2020
If tinubu can go to court and come out free, anybody can.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by invectives(m): 11:47am On May 08, 2020
Tissaia:
Awesome! They tried to humiliate him but when it's comes to scheme of things, like in politics we know better
Lil Sage!!!
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by platido(m): 11:47am On May 08, 2020
The highest weed smoker people call Court of Arppeal... Doom Country
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:48am On May 08, 2020
Royruky:

They know what they are doing
This was their plan all along

That's why he still retained seat in the senate

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Beverlyjean(f): 11:48am On May 08, 2020
tatatar:
Anybody they support fails,and anybody they hate wins despite the odds.
Are Igbos cursed

Are u so dull not to understand that it's difficult when u fight a government that's in control... Ask Martin Luther King jr, ask Nelson Mandela ,ask Moses , but in the end those government will succumb to God's plan

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by TheChameleon: 11:48am On May 08, 2020
Cyberterror:
I saw it coming. One prophet even prophesied that Orji Kalu will emerge the next President in 2023 and some people laughed at the Prophet saying a prisoner cannot be president.

2073 not 2023.

No Igbo man can smell the seat for now.

But I agree, he's the leader of Biafuro.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by reuben81: 11:49am On May 08, 2020
freemi:
So all this grammer, dos that mean he didn't steal money? Yes or no
its yes and no,yes in the sense that he still has a criminal case to answer, no in the sense that he has not been convicted

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by nwasteve(m): 11:49am On May 08, 2020
This is Nigeria
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Austino50: 11:49am On May 08, 2020
Shame of bad ipopians who wants him to die in jail

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by solochiben(m): 11:50am On May 08, 2020
TGM2015:
Supreme Court order for retrial.

He has not been acquitted. He is to start his trial afresh.

He still have cases to answer. The emphasis is necessary.

The headline was misleading.
And the comments are funny.
Thank God you read the article
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Doyou2019: 11:51am On May 08, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Orji uzor kalu freed based on technicalities. I hope that people read the grounds for which he was freed.

The judge who sentenced kalu was already a judge at the Appeal court.

The case was supposed to be reassigned to another judge at the federal high court in Lagos but the judge handling the matter who was already elevated to the Appeal court still went ahead to give judgement.

Now based on this technicalities, the supreme court has nullified the conviction of kalu.

This is a welcome development. The judiciary is the last hope of the ordinary man.

God bless Buhari for upholding the Rule of law.

Nigeria shall be great again.
Bravo grin A true democrat he is .

Indeed Buhari is the most democratic president in the whole wide world

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by able20(m): 11:51am On May 08, 2020
somehow:
Most Nigerians don't read! this is irritating!!!
How can they be of sound minds to read when they're Hungry.
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by sicily4u: 11:52am On May 08, 2020
Did u say 24th April 2019 ?
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Ochoiho: 11:52am On May 08, 2020
If I understand the last paragraph, the case is to be reassign for trial, meaning he is not totally free
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Abagworo(m): 11:52am On May 08, 2020
Captainrambo2:
What sort of country is this ?

This was what abaribe asked the aboki called tanko

"What will you do about the supreme court pronouncing judgments based on technicalities" ?, tanko could not answer.

Just see this stupid thief walking out... daaaaamn undecided

Isn't Abaribe himself a thief? Was he not deputy Governor under Kalu and went to Senate from there after he failed to topple his Oga using otuonu tribalism. He is a living crook deceiving his fellow fools.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by chisani(m): 11:52am On May 08, 2020
Even the supreme court judges have a price. They can't rejects 1% of the loot. Another plea bargain stuff for backyard. Abia people are the losers on this one.
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Urchman200: 11:53am On May 08, 2020
omowolewa:
God help me to be wealthy in Nigeria
and u think ipob are not supporting him?have u heard Nnamdi criticise him in any of their broadcast? Wake up ipob don't care about orji, we the abians that saw what orji did to our commonwealth are praying that he remain in jail, is unfortunate this is the country I found myself, save this message they are preparing him for leadership of this country, someone told me they will release him last last week i was busy arguing with him ,so don't mock the ipob people so that u won't wail about his release tomorrow.
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by obailala(m): 11:53am On May 08, 2020
Mysticwebb:
Supreme court judges are no longer reliable. Nobody argued whether he stole the money or not, they just got paid to focus on technicalities bordering on jurisdiction to set him free.
Fighting corruption indeed.
But that's unfortunately how the justice system works; 'Rule of Law' doesn't always entail 'Justice'. Lawyers focus on anything and any loophole that can set their clients free.

What do you mean by "Supreme court judges getting PAID to focus on technicalities"? Are the supreme court judges now Kalu's lawyers?
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by reuben81: 11:54am On May 08, 2020
Ochoiho:
If I understand the last paragraph, the case is to be reassign for trial, meaning he is not totally free
yes
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Honor10: 11:55am On May 08, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
What is good for Orji Kalu is also good for Tinubu .

Tinubu is your nightmare. U always see the man in ur dream, may he continue to give u pain. Nonsense
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by tatatar: 11:55am On May 08, 2020
RTSC:

So you are supporting a crook and a criminal?

Instead of you to cry about the pathetic state of your country judicial system that has stolen away your future.

I pity you.
Who are the number one people always supporting crooks and criminals?
The only reason Igbos hate him is his perceived friendship with the North.
Moreover,the Supreme Court has spoken sad
That's an unanimous judgement you see there.
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Nwiboko26(f): 11:55am On May 08, 2020
omowolewa:
God help me to be wealthy in Nigeria
amen
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by tayolove12(m): 11:55am On May 08, 2020
Captainrambo2:
What sort of country is this ?

This was what abaribe asked the aboki called tanko

"What will you do about the supreme court pronouncing judgments based on technicalities" ?, tanko could not answer.

Just see this stupid thief walking out... daaaaamn undecided

Coronavirus dey outside too
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by maestroferddi: 11:56am On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:
Now he is set to contest under APC being a loyal boy if the north all this year's ...Tinubu and osibanjo just got served
Dude will be a trump card used by the northern power brokers to keep Tinubu and any other over-ambitious South West politician in check...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bianca : BIM Gives APGA 7 Day Ultimatum TO / Buhari Suspends EFCC Secretary Olukoyede, 10 Others / Cows Invade Awka Library Despite The Open Grazing Ban In Southern Nigeria- Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.