Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,096 members, 7,852,701 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:25 AM

Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction (38542 Views)

Rivers: Court Nullifies Tenure Extension For Pro-Wike LG Chairmen / Names Of Supreme Court Justices That Quashed Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction / Court Nullifies APC Primaries In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by betterman22(m): 11:36am On May 08, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Slymonster(m): 11:36am On May 08, 2020
omowolewa:
God help me to be wealthy in Nigeria

One thing to be wealthy and the other to have powerful friends too. They go together.
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by fraymite: 11:36am On May 08, 2020
If you understand this judgements correctly, it means that the case will have to restart again. Because the first judge lacks the power to sit on the case. Circular motion indeed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by israelmao(m): 11:37am On May 08, 2020
Organized nullification of conviction.
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by freemi(m): 11:37am On May 08, 2020
So all this grammer, dos that mean he didn't steal money? Yes or no

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Rodwave: 11:38am On May 08, 2020
TGM2015:
Supreme Court order for retrial.

He has not been acquitted. He is to start his trial afresh.

He still have cases to answer. The emphasis is necessary.

Is it not clear to you that 90 percent of Nigerians don't read?

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by egworlordor(m): 11:38am On May 08, 2020
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Nobody: 11:38am On May 08, 2020
Ah! Money has exchanged hands oo shocked
Anything can be bought in this country.. angry
This must happen.
And I'm here waiting for T.A orji to receive his own conviction. sad

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by vegafbs: 11:38am On May 08, 2020
The Supreme Court, on Friday, quashed the judgement that convicted and sentenced the former governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor-Kalu, to 12 years imprisonment.

SOURCE: https://theupdates.net/breaking-supreme-court-quashes-orji-kalus-12-year-jail-term/

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by ificatchmodeh: 11:39am On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

As long as it's not a Yoruba man no p

North messed it up ...let them fix it

Okay..
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by unitysheart(m): 11:39am On May 08, 2020
Mysticwebb:
Supreme court judges are no longer reliable. Nobody argued whether he stole the money or not, they just got paid to focus on technicalities bordering on jurisdiction to set him free.
Fighting corruption indeed.

Techinicalities is part of judgement sir.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Slymonster(m): 11:40am On May 08, 2020
TGM2015:
Supreme Court order for retrial.

He has not been acquitted. He is to start his trial afresh.

He still have cases to answer. The emphasis is necessary.

That’s better than being in prison. He is a free man now and so starting the case all over again will even take long time and lawyers wasting of time till EFCC change their focus. That’s Naija for you
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by somehow: 11:40am On May 08, 2020
Captainrambo2:
What sort of country is this ?

This was what abaribe asked the aboki called tanko

"What will you do about the supreme court pronouncing judgments based on technicalities" ?, tanko could not answer.

Just see this stupid thief walking out... daaaaamn undecided

Read again, justice ekambi did not set him free, rather he is to be retried by who the judge believes should have tried him from the start!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by oyindamex(f): 11:40am On May 08, 2020
Many persons on nairaland don't read. The supreme court ordered for a retrial not an acquittal based on the irregularity of the former trial conducted so basically he's not off the hook.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by unitysheart(m): 11:40am On May 08, 2020
fraymite:
If you understand this judgements correctly, it means that the case will have to restart again. Because the first judge lacks the power to sit on the case. Circular motion indeed.

Exactly.
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by ChiefAfonja: 11:40am On May 08, 2020
Who says your money can not fight for you
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by eebraa(m): 11:41am On May 08, 2020
Captainrambo2:
What sort of country is this ?

This was what abaribe asked the aboki called tanko

"What will you do about the supreme court pronouncing judgments based on technicalities" ?, tanko could not answer.

Just see this stupid thief walking out... daaaaamn undecided
Abaribe is supposed to be in Jail with OUK

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by reuben81: 11:41am On May 08, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:
The people that lost are Abia state people that their state was looted and ravaged with bad roads and under development. cheesy
I agreed with u,GI to my state now its a shadow of itself it all started when kalu was the governor,others fellow suit
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by eldeens: 11:41am On May 08, 2020
That's why his seat was never declared vacant after all these months, because they knew quite well that he is coming back.
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by kessdivine4all: 11:41am On May 08, 2020
tatatar:
Anybody they support fails,and anybody they hate wins despite the odds.
Are Igbos cursed

It is your ewedu brain that is cursed

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by heniford2: 11:42am On May 08, 2020
i told someone here that ouk will be set free
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Criptofxt10: 11:42am On May 08, 2020
unatoto

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Confirmedzombie: 11:42am On May 08, 2020
Orji uzor kalu freed based on technicalities. I hope that people read the grounds for which he was freed.

The judge who sentenced kalu was already a judge at the Appeal court.

The case was supposed to be reassigned to another judge at the federal high court in Lagos but the judge handling the matter who was already elevated to the Appeal court still went ahead to give judgement.

Now based on this technicalities, the supreme court has nullified the conviction of kalu.

This is a welcome development. The judiciary is the last hope of the ordinary man.

God bless Buhari for upholding the Rule of law.

Nigeria shall be great again.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by sosospence(m): 11:43am On May 08, 2020
Naija,I hail o
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by RTSC: 11:43am On May 08, 2020
tatatar:
Anybody they support fails,and anybody they hate wins despite the odds.
Are Igbos cursed
So you are supporting a crook and a criminal?

Instead of you to cry about the pathetic state of your country judicial system that has stolen away your future.

I pity you.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by somehow: 11:43am On May 08, 2020
Most Nigerians don't read! this is irritating!!!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Urchman200: 11:44am On May 08, 2020
Someone told me that they will release this corrupt man last week I was arguing with him ,he said they are preparing him for leadership of this country I refused to agree him,but is becoming clearer to me now in my heart their is something going on in this part of the world that is beyond me,I want igboman to be president but sincerely not a corrupt igboman like this one, people can go ahead and insult me no problem but orji kalu should be the last person to aspire for the position of president in Nigeria, this country is a big joke, after celebrating that justice has finally been served, is unfortunate, people are playing on our intelligence, this government is setting a bad precedent that will hot us badly tomorrow.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by sosospence(m): 11:44am On May 08, 2020
Chai,Tanko don kill Abians
Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Spidermon: 11:44am On May 08, 2020
The moment the Senate said they weren't going to declare his seat vacant, I knew something like this wasn't far off

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction by Doyou2019: 11:44am On May 08, 2020
Mysticwebb:
Supreme court judges are no longer reliable. Nobody argued whether he stole the money or not, they just got paid to focus on technicalities bordering on jurisdiction to set him free.
Fighting corruption indeed.

Did you read the emboldened??

The apex court, therefore, ordered the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court to reassign the case for trial.

This case is far from over , and Orji aint free yet

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

#PMBInLagos: Buhari Lands In Lagos To Commission Dangote Fertiliser Plant / I Have Turned Him Into A Rastafarian - Shehu Sani 'mocks' El-rufai / Peter Obi & His Daughter With Chimamanda Adichie At Oriental Hotels(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.