Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:10 AM

26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos (4603 Views)

Anambra PDP Will Cooperate With APGA — Obi / 12 Of 26 Political Parties Pledge Allegiance To APC / APGA In Early Lead In Anambra Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Obiagu1(m): 12:45pm On Jan 13, 2011
No fewer than 26 political parties in Lagos State have aligned with All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) to contest against the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2011 general election.

The convener, Coalition of Lagos State Opposition Political Parties, (COLASOPP), Dr Ade-gbola Dominic, said this at a news conference, on Wednesday, saying that it would ensure that APGA won most elective seats in the state.

Dominic, who refused to mention the names of the parties, said the objective of COLASOPP was to dislodge ACN from the government of Lagos at the April polls, using APGA as the platform.

Dominic said the coalition had chosen APGA because the party had the best internal democracy among all the parties in the state.

“ACN is corrupt. It lacks internal democracy. We cannot continue with ACN’s propaganda. That is why we have come together to wrestle power from it,” he said.

The coalition condemned the achievement of ACN in the last 12 years, describing it as “deceitful propaganda and enormous misuse of the media to propagate lies.”

He said the policies of the ACN did not favour the populace, adding that the masses were groaning under crushing poverty as a result of high taxes.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by fstranger1: 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2011
ok ooooooo

goodluck
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by blacksta(m): 12:55pm On Jan 13, 2011
x
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by blacksta(m): 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2011
The shackles of Tinubu over ACN must be broken the last thing Nigerians want is another  re incarnated PDP in ACN.   A Party that does not primaries but rather imposes candidates on it citizens sounds like a remake of PDP.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by fstranger1: 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2011
^^^^

But not by APGA

Tinubu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the best APGA candidate

APGA my foot.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 13, 2011
APGA in Lagos??
South West??

Hmmmm
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by excanny: 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2011
Good move by APGA. Any governor aspirant smart enough to choose an Igbo as running mate has won the election by half.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Coolabbie: 1:06pm On Jan 13, 2011
I dont tink d ACN wuld lose sleep ova dis. Apart 4rm Apga which by d way doesnt have a stronghold in Lagos,d rest only exist in briefcases.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by fstranger1: 1:10pm On Jan 13, 2011
excanny:

Good move by APGA. A[b]ny governor aspirant smart enough to choose an Igbo as running mate has won the election by half[/b].
You have got to be kidding me.

An Hausa man over Ibo any day any time.

Ibo people in Lagos? God forbid.

I will personally go down to Alausa and blow it up, if an Igbo man wins any governorship election in Lagos.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Akanbiedu(m): 2:15pm On Jan 13, 2011
Jos problem started because of a local government.

Trying to rule a state outside your "zone" is taking it too far at this time. May be with time
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by asscend: 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2011
fstranger1:

I will personally go down to Alausa and blow it up, if an Igbo man wins any governorship election in Lagos.

Thats taking it too far. They are Nigerians and deserve to rule if elected. Such comments should never be allowed at any point. its just not right.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by presido1: 2:44pm On Jan 13, 2011
Bleep
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by olabukola: 2:54pm On Jan 13, 2011
I opened a thread about this few days ago must of my yoruba brothers called me many names. I even put the time limit in the next 20 yrs but now it withing some months. Ibos are taking advantage of moving out of their region why we remain stagnant in ours. Its high time we explore other region. Once they get lagos other of our states will be mince meat for them.

Open your eyes brothers. What we see as their disadvantage is turning to advantage for them and disadvantage for us.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Nsiman(m): 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2011
It doesn't make sense to me if the 26 parties don't have an acceptable candidate to the electorates and if the parties don't have members rival to the ruling party
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Nsiman(m): 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2011
It doesn't make sense to me if the 26 parties don't have an acceptable candidate to the electorates and if the parties don't have members rival to the ruling party
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by sbeezy8: 3:22pm On Jan 13, 2011
[size=14pt] Apga has always had a candidate in lagos[/size] Remi Bakare- Adiukwu even had to change her name back to Mrs. Remi Adiukwu-Bakare

but anyway I dont see any difference between whats happening in jos and what could happen in lagos.

i kno to many muslims indignes of lagos + muslim in general who prefer a lagos muslim gov or atleast a yoruba, in all honesty Lagos ISLAND isnt capital anymore aswell as no military governance-

Muhhamed Buba Marwa,Ndubuisi Kanu,Ebitu Ukiwe, were military govenors of Lagos but it seems with the return of democracy the religous and tribal lines in Nigeria have heightened.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Missy85(f): 3:24pm On Jan 13, 2011
bukola,

the way to address a large influx of people into your region is to migrate enmass into their region, just so one of you can become a governor there?

not very clever is it

People are free to migrate to lagos, why are you panicking about it.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 13, 2011
sbeezy8:

[size=14pt]
Muhhamed Buba Marwa,Ndubuisi Kanu,Ebitu Ukiwe, were military govenors of Lagos but it seems with the return of democracy the religous and tribal lines in Nigeria have heightened.

WORD!
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by aljharem(m): 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2011
fstranger1:

grin grin grin grin grin terrorist grin grin
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by aljharem(m): 3:54pm On Jan 13, 2011
OMO IBO:

APGA in Lagos??
South West??

Hmmmm

mumu, must you say that so as to spite the yorubas or South-westerners,,, they are becoming detribalised wink
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by aljharem(m): 3:56pm On Jan 13, 2011
excanny:

Good move by APGA. A[b]ny governor aspirant smart enough to choose an Igbo as running mate has won the election by half.[/b]

only if dreams were really grin grin grin grin
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by sbeezy8: 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2011
Missy85:

bukola,

the way to address a large influx of people into your region is to migrate enmass into their region, just so one of you can become a governor there?

not very clever is it

People are free to migrate to lagos, why are you panicking about it.

he is not even a yoruba but pretending to be one, the only time he posts is in relation to yoruba-ibo issues HES OBVIOUSLY IBO

@ commentors
I dont know why some think the SW is any different from the NC same thing, but theyre no outsiders in the SW to tamper with politics and religous lines so of course there is no drama NOW.

but i as a sensible person wouldnt be gov outside my region esp in an ethno-religous society such as nigeria- thats just asking for ethnic and religous killings.
NIGERIANS DONT BELIEVE IN ONE NIGERIA and its not a yoruba thing cause ijaw cannot govern edo state nether can yoruba, ibo urhobo. despite edo state being so mixed edo peeps have started using broken because there are so many ethnic groups that live in benin city.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by jason123: 4:02pm On Jan 13, 2011
sbeezy8:

he is not even a yoruba but pretending to be one, the only time he posts is in relation to yoruba-ibo issues HES OBVIOUSLY IBO

@ commentors
I dont know why some think the SW is any different from the NC same thing, but theyre no outsiders in the SW to tamper with politics and religous lines so of course there is no drama NOW.

but i as a sensible person wouldnt be gov outside my region esp in an ethno-religous society such as nigeria- thats just asking for ethnic and religous killings.
NIGERIANS DONT BELIEVE IN ONE NIGERIA and its not a yoruba thing cause ijaw cannot govern edo state nether can yoruba, ibo urhobo. despite edo state being so mixed edo peeps have started using broken because there are so many ethnic groups that live in benin city.

They want Lagos to be like JOS.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by aljharem(m): 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2011
to my igbo brothers that think this is a good news,,smh

it is not,,, it is a very terrible move by apga

lagos will be jos when igbos start coming out for power just like the hausas in jos cry cry

think my igbo brothers and eze nidigbo better watch out because this is a very bad move by igbos

do not think just because the yorubas are detribalized that they are fools undecided

look at kwara, an emir has been ruling it for over a century until lawal was the governor and intall an oba there,, what does that tell you

killing in lagos will be terrible because lagos is covered with atlest 3 yoruba states in all direction apart from the south

well good luck to yorubas and igbos grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Allah bless Nigeria wink
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by jason123: 4:04pm On Jan 13, 2011
alj harem:

to my igbo brothers that think this is a good news,,smh

it is not,,, it is a very terrible move by apga

lagos will be jos when igbos start coming out for power just like the hausas in jos cry cry

think my igbo brothers and eze nidigbo better watch out because this is a very bad move by igbos

do not think just because the yorubas are detribalized that they are fools undecided

look at kwara, an emir has been ruling it for over a century until lawal was the governor and intall an oba there,, what does that tell you

killing in lagos will be terrible because lagos is covered with atlest 3 yoruba states in all direction apart from the south

well good luck to yorubas and igbos grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Allah bless Nigeria wink

Stop commenting on SOUTHERN ISSUES! You are not a southerner!
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by aljharem(m): 4:05pm On Jan 13, 2011
jason123:

Stop commenting on SOUTHERN ISSUES! You are not a southerner!

southern issues grin grin grin grin grin

is it not NIGERIAN ISSUE undecided i will comment on whatever i choose to comment on as i am part igbo
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by jason123: 4:08pm On Jan 13, 2011
alj harem:

southern issues grin grin grin grin grin

is it not NIGERIAN ISSUE undecided i will comment on whatever i choose to comment on as i am part igbo

Anyway, I like your style. Keep it up!
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by sbeezy8: 4:16pm On Jan 13, 2011
jason123:

They want Lagos to be like JOS.

I dont know for some people sef

Lagos DEF CAN be like Jos  in the future i dont doubt it but it will change from religion to str8 ethnicities.

i dont know what outsiders obsession is with lagos and sw in general - it can never be christian or muslim region it can ONLY be yoruba.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by fstranger1: 4:23pm On Jan 13, 2011
sbeezy8:

I dont know for some people sef

Lagos DEF CAN be like Jos  in the future i dont doubt it but it will change from religion to str8 ethnicities.

i dont know what outsiders obsession is with lagos and sw in general - it can never be christian or muslim region it can ONLY be yoruba.

Its getting too much

This obsession with Lagos and Ibadan by Ibos is getting out of hand.

Zik tried it, he failed. Now, this generation want to give it a go one more time.

We need to sit up in the SW.

Hausas before Ibos. As a matter of fact, NO IBOS at all.
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by sbeezy8: 4:25pm On Jan 13, 2011
fstranger1:

Its getting too much

This obsession with Lagos and Ibadan by Ibos is getting out of hand.

Zik tried it, he failed. Now, this generation want to give it a go one more time.

We need to sit up in the SW.

Hausas before Ibos. As a matter of fact, NO IBOS at all.

no hausa or ibos
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by foreman: 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2011
^^^^

No IBOs especially. Those people get too much of "we vs them"
Re: 26 Political Parties Align With Apga In Lagos by sbeezy8: 4:44pm On Jan 13, 2011
i dont see the difference beween both

they dont know how to govern multi religous society.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted / Dear Jarus, How Well Did He Fare? / Fully Pimped 2010 Honda Accord Coupe For Sale @n1.1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.