Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,401 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted (4577 Views)

Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 / Profile Of Justice Danladi Umar, The Judge In Charge of Saraki's Case / And Who Is That Nigerian Judge That Pronouced Ibori Innocent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by abopal: 8:05am On Mar 17, 2011
Nigeria has uplifted another CROOKED Judge to be the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court.
This one was the person that collected bribe from Abacha to kill Ken Saro-wiwa and other Ogoni
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by abopal: 8:07am On Mar 17, 2011
[b]Justice Ibrahim Auta, the judge who was handpicked by the Abacha regime to head the kangaroo tribunal that sentenced renowned environmentalists and minority rights activist Ken Saro-Wiwa to death by hanging, today became the Acting Chief Judge of the Federal High Court.

Auta takes over from retired justice Dan Abutu, the judge who oversaw the judicial mess that almost crippled Nigeria during the prolonged absence of late Nigerian leader Umaru Yar'Adua.

The Abacha regime set up the Auta Tribunal after it falsely accused Saro-Wiwa of orchestrating the death of four Ogoni elders.  After prolonged abuse, torture and intimidation of Mr. Wiwa's counsel by the Abacha regime, Justice Auta pronounced Saro-Wiwa and eight Ogoni activists guilty of a crime they never committed and sentenced them to death by hanging.

The Abacha regime swiftly ratified Auta’s verdict and thereafter murdered Saro-Wiwa and the eight activists before the period allowed for an appeal had elapsed.

Coincidentally, the current president of the Nigeria Bar Association, Joseph Bodunrin Daudu (SAN), acted as the government prosecutor to the Abacha regime against Mr. Wiwa.

Justice Auta’s appointment is to be ratified by the Senate.  He will then be sworn in by Jonathan Goodluck, who also hails from the Niger Delta region.

For some reason, Jonathan doesn't seem to take much historical notice of Ken Saro-Wiwa.  Last year, for instance, he ignored the Saro-Wiwa anniversary.   

It is also of significance that the Nigerian Senate shot down a motion sponsored by Senator Lee Maeba which aimed to immortalize the late activists. Mr. Maeba’s motion was rejected and his attempt to call for a minute of silence to honor Mr. Saro-Wiwa was angrily shot down by the senate president, David Mark.[/b]

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/ken-saro-wiwa-killer-judge-becomes-acting-chief-judge-nigeria
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by abopal: 8:09am On Mar 17, 2011
Justice Ibrahim Auta, the judge who was handpicked by the Abacha regime to head the kangaroo tribunal that sentenced renowned environmentalists and minority rights activist Ken Saro-Wiwa to death by hanging, today became the Acting Chief Judge of the Federal High Court.

Auta takes over from retired justice Dan Abutu, the judge who oversaw the judicial mess that almost crippled Nigeria during the prolonged absence of late Nigerian leader Umaru Yar'Adua.

The Abacha regime set up the Auta Tribunal after it falsely accused Saro-Wiwa of orchestrating the death of four Ogoni elders. After prolonged abuse, torture and intimidation of Mr. Wiwa's counsel by the Abacha regime, Justice Auta pronounced Saro-Wiwa and eight Ogoni activists guilty of a crime they never committed and sentenced them to death by hanging.

The Abacha regime swiftly ratified Auta’s verdict and thereafter murdered Saro-Wiwa and the eight activists before the period allowed for an appeal had elapsed.

Coincidentally, the current president of the Nigeria Bar Association, Joseph Bodunrin Daudu (SAN), acted as the government prosecutor to the Abacha regime against Mr. Wiwa.

Justice Auta’s appointment is to be ratified by the Senate. He will then be sworn in by Jonathan Goodluck, who also hails from the Niger Delta region.

For some reason, Jonathan doesn't seem to take much historical notice of Ken Saro-Wiwa. Last year, for instance, he ignored the Saro-Wiwa anniversary.

It is also of significance that the Nigerian Senate shot down a motion sponsored by Senator Lee Maeba which aimed to immortalize the late activists. Mr. Maeba’s motion was rejected and his attempt to call for a minute of silence to honor Mr. Saro-Wiwa was angrily shot down by the senate president, David Mark.
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by abopal: 8:10am On Mar 17, 2011
. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by abopal: 8:12am On Mar 17, 2011
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

many more people to die from his hands

Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by abopal: 8:12am On Mar 17, 2011
[img]http://THIEF JUDGE[/img]
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by abopal: 8:13am On Mar 17, 2011
thief judge cry cry
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by abopal: 8:16am On Mar 17, 2011
SOURCE: SAHARAREPORTERS
THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS ARE THERE.
DON'T KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD IT HERE
HELP
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by abopal: 8:51am On Mar 17, 2011
This is another dumb move by Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by chosen04(f): 8:52am On Mar 17, 2011
nemesis of Biafra betryal caught up with SARO-WIWA. No Judge killed him.
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by klas(m): 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2011
Frontpage moderator. He is appointed Acting Chief Judge of the Federal High Court not Acting Chief Judge (Justice) of Nigeria. Pls correct the front page headline
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by Guyman02: 12:55pm On Mar 17, 2011
He will continue to pass what the comrade Gov calls Jankara Market injunctions during and after the elections.
Let him tell Nigerians why he quickly passed the death sentence on the Ogoni 1P2E3T4R5O6L7E8U9M  perhaps Abacha tied his hands?

After their execution Buhari was appointed as Chairman of PTF incharge of the extra fund accruing from Petroleum to develop infrastructure in the North, which accounts for his massive popularity there; while South East and South South were left out.
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by Abuse: 1:56pm On Mar 17, 2011
The man resemble tortoise!!!
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by sleekman(m): 1:57pm On Mar 17, 2011
y do people keep propagating this lie dat Buhari is Tribalistic? Are d PTF buildings in schools, hospitals not still obvious today? Are the hospital equipments not still available for anyone dat cares to go find out in hospitals all around d country? D roads in every region of d country rehabilitated under him aren't they still in d records? Please if uren't informed d not come here & peddle misinformation & mislead people. This a tactic used by d PDP loyalists.
May God open up all the secret deals that have caused millions of deaths and bring them on the children & children's children of these agents of d devil, economic sabotuers. If uren't aware please be informed we have come out to fight all u agents economic slavery, indirect blood tasty and blood sucking demons in human form.
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by bkbabe97y(m): 2:44pm On Mar 17, 2011
chosen04:

nemesis of Biafra betryal caught up with SARO-WIWA. No Judge killed him.

Oh, dont worry homes, most of us still recall how Ojukwu went all ova the world justifying why Saro-Wiwa had to be killed!
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by obailala(m): 2:53pm On Mar 17, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Oh, dont worry homes, most of us still recall how Ojukwu went all ova the world justifying why Saro-Wiwa had to be killed!

Saro wiwa hated the ibos for no clear reason and from what i hear, he betrayed Ojukwu in some way. The hatred ojukwu had for sarowiwa was personal and the reasons were obvious. So what's the big deal if ojukwu wanted wiwa dead?
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by bkbabe97y(m): 2:55pm On Mar 17, 2011
obailala:

Saro wiwa hated the ibos for no clear reason and from what i hear, he betrayed Ojukwu in some way. The hatred ojukwu had for sarowiwa was personal and the reasons were obvious. So what's the big deal if ojukwu wanted wiwa dead?

Congratulate yourself; I'll be quoting u next time Ibos try to deceive us on who was responsible for Saro-Wiwa's murder!
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by bkbabe97y(m): 3:01pm On Mar 17, 2011
obailala:

I didnt wanna come off as mean, but because of the bolded I got not choice: YOU'RE AN IMBE*CILE!!!

Books are for a reason: TO BE READ! Do yourself a favor and pick one up. You can use Google if u feel kinda lazy!

WTF do u mean "from what I hear"??! WTF  is that?

Saro-Wiwa was against Biafra, not cause he hated Ibos, but because he saw the folly in it, and, he (like others) saw the gimmick Ojukwu was pulling. His stance against Biafra was no different than that of Pres.Nnamdi Azikiwe, and Maj.Nzeogwu's. . . how do u feel about them?!

Oh, I remember now, Ibos still hate Azikiwe while Ojukwu killed Nzeogwu.  . . . see why i still say Ibos are the biggest problem Nigeria has today?
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by dellnet: 3:16pm On Mar 17, 2011
Is this a move to rule out the election in favor of PDP?
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by Guardian(m): 3:23pm On Mar 17, 2011
Ibo's are not a problem, they enjoy making noise ( it's allowed after all we have FOI Bill ) more importantly they remain un-united even against themselves.
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by obailala(m): 3:25pm On Mar 17, 2011
@bk.babe97y
I think u got me wrong. B4 u start ur spree of insults, I need to clarify something; my statement was only explaining the reason why Ojukwu took the sarowiwa thing personal. I wasnt trying to justify his action.
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by bkbabe97y(m): 3:30pm On Mar 17, 2011
obailala:

Saro wiwa hated the ibos for no clear reason. . . . . . So what's the big deal if ojukwu wanted wiwa dead?

Still think I got you wrong. . . . .?
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Congratulate yourself; I'll be quoting u next time Ibos try to deceive us on who was responsible for Saro-Wiwa's murder!

@bk.babe97y

if you people really think the Igbos are the problem why not let them go when they wanted to? Nigeria can still suggest that if you people think that bringing them back was a mistake.
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by bkbabe97y(m): 3:42pm On Mar 17, 2011
woodcook:

@bk.babe97y

if you people really think the Igbos are the problem why not let them go when they wanted to? Nigeria can still suggest that if you people think that bringing them back was a mistake.

First off, u idi*ot, I got no say in what happens in Nigeria.

Second, if I did have a say, I'd be quick to get rid of the Ibos and Niger-Deltans--- they'll finish themselves off eventually when the two sets of lazy, selfish, tribalistic, money hungry, insatiable, illiterate oafs start fighting over Oil. If I had my say, the Easter Region would be allowed to secede; lets see how long they'll last.

Read my older posts for more detailed analysis!
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by obailala(m): 4:00pm On Mar 17, 2011
This man's face reminds me of the one and only Aondoakaa I.don.kia grin

Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by ifyalways(f): 4:30pm On Mar 17, 2011
The Judge that killed saro-wiwa has been promoted
FG appoints new Chief Judge
Igbo's betrayed Ogoni

whats the thread all abt again undecided
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by TewMuch: 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2011
ND (GEJ) on ND( Ken Saro-Wiwa) Crime? Seems GEJ only thinks about becoming president. Even betraying the people that claim to be fighting in the creeks.lol, what a joke. grin cheesy
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by rhamzus(m): 4:36pm On Mar 17, 2011
Let call spade a spade. What is the duty of a judge ?
Is it nt to pass judgement based on evidence?
So if he sentenced ken saro wiwa, it ws based on d evidence he saw and lets note that ABACHA was head of state.
You go against him u r dead, na military regime we dey talk no b democracy
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by obailala(m): 4:41pm On Mar 17, 2011
By the way, is it Goodluck Jonathan (Executive) that appoints or promotes judges in the Federal high court (Judiciary)?? Why is GEJ's name all over this thread??
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by abopal: 6:06pm On Mar 17, 2011
obailala:

By the way, is it Goodluck Jonathan (Executive) that appoints or promotes judges in the Federal high court (Judiciary)?? Why is GEJ's name all over this thread??

[b]The President APPOINTS the Judges at higher levels[ even the Chief Justice of Nigeria. That is why if there is corruption in the Judiciary, hold your President to ransome/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/07/jonathan-appoints-22-new-judges/

or

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/generaltopics/?p=52361
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by dayokanu(m): 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2011
We can all see the fraud called Jonathan
Re: The Judge That Killed Saro-wiwa Has Been Promoted by azorjiu(m): 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2011
The Judge that sentenced Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni 8!. Remember, Saro Wiwa's life is not more sacrosanct than the other guys who were killed with him.

But the question on my mind is; Is Saro Wiwa in any way involvedd in the murder of the Ogoni Chiefs? If yes, , well. Abacha's reign was evil. Many innocent Nigerians were killed.

Buhari also erred in crucifying our young men on the stake for trivial offences. I'm sure the whole world also cried out at the time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

History Of Bomb Blasts In Nigeria / Corruption Perception: Goodluck Jonathan Versus Bola Tinubu / Private Sector Takes Over Power Sector, As PHCN Ceases To Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.